Hi, I would like to create my own replacer for pipers outfit using "TheKite's DC Scoopdigger Outfit". I want it to do the same as the replacer for Cait using the "TheKit's Combat Zone Stripper Outfit". Can anyone direct me to a tutorial to get me started?

Edit: Sorry for being a noob. I think I figured it out using FO4Edit. Here's the esp I made if anyone's interested.

TheKite's DC ScoopDigger Outfit Piper Replacer.7z

• 2 weeks later...

Funny honestly. Some of his work is definitely still adult themed, yet he took down swimsuits? That was one of his few outfits that I actually used. Not too many clothing mods show off that player booty like that one. A good reason to sneak in third person ;)

Thank you generously for the reuploads. When I got back into F4 again, I almost lost my shit when I saw some of his mods were gone. Thankfully cybernetics are still up, I can't even play without that mod anymore. The exo frames and the jetpack are so useful.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/20/2018 at 2:18 PM, JasonTodd1976 said:

Thaks for that Drapo, It appears to only do Vault 111 though, would be good to do '81 as well.

Edit- I have it working for the female Vault 81 members but the male vaultsuits are defaulting back to the Vault 111 base.

How did you get this to work for you?  I installed it after the main mod and nothing changes.  Tried installing it on its own as well, of course nothing though.  

On 10/22/2018 at 12:53 PM, Nonak said:

How did you get this to work for you?  I installed it after the main mod and nothing changes.  Tried installing it on its own as well, of course nothing though.  

Nah, I put it aside and pretty much forgot about it.  I might have another run at it over the weekend, but if I recall correctly I couldn't get the default Male 81 vault suit to assign itself with the molded version 

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 1:50 AM, gregaaz said:

Update -- I found and corrected an error in the leveled lists for the Militia Woman replacers that was causing some Minutemen members to spawn with a backpack and gloves... and nothing else. While I'm sure some would consider that as a feature rather than a bug, it wasn't what I was trying to accomplish ?  Now all characters should wear clothes (though not necessarily pants...) and only some of them will have backpacks, as opposed to vice-versa.

Hi folks,

I recently started a new playthrough and decided I wasn't completely happy with the extent of the replacers for some of The Kite's outfits. So I whipped up some expanded replacer ESPs. They aren't perfect; notably, there are clipping issues with the male Vault scientists' gloves on the VTS one -- and I haven't really tested the minutemen on yet -- but please feel free to make use of these if its to your taste.

• VTS fills in the the gaps for the Vault 111 suits, adding them to scenes like the memory den flashbacks that the official replacer doesn't touch. It also puts most Vault-Tec employees in slavesuits, including gloves and collars. Vault 81 and Vault 88 suits should have the proper number decals on the backs. 
  • The Synth uniform replaces almost all Institute uniforms with customized versions. Junior scientists have the cutoff version with bra, while department heads have the full dress and cape. The Synths themselves don't use this in lieu of their work jumpsuit (I'm also running 2pac and I used that for my Synths), but Eve has a custom outfit that's more revealing than the junior scientist version. 
  • The Minutemen replacer adds a "pants" and "no pants" outfit to the leveled lists, as well as injecting the hats and backpacks into the various minutemen leveled lists. As I mentioned above, I have not really tested this one so use it at your own risk ? the ESP is live in my game and I'm not encountering crashes or similar irregularities, but I'm primarily following the institute & railroad quest lines so I've encountered very few minutemen NPCs so far.

The_Kite_HCD_Replacer_More.esp

TheKite_VTS_Replacer_More.esp

TheKite_MilitiaWoman_Replacer.esp

Hey gregaaz,

I've started a new play-through and using your VTS replacer I'm missing suit textures as well as glove textures for scientists in Vault 111 (everything is purple); dumb question probably, but is your VTS Replacer More esp supposed to be used in addition to Niero's or in place of it? Right now I'm using your esp instead of his "TheKite_VTS_Replacer-20950--90" but as I'm missing textures, I thought maybe I was supposed to run both esps…..

Thanks!

On 10/28/2018 at 5:19 AM, lister1911 said:

Hey gregaaz,

I've started a new play-through and using your VTS replacer I'm missing suit textures as well as glove textures for scientists in Vault 111 (everything is purple); dumb question probably, but is your VTS Replacer More esp supposed to be used in addition to Niero's or in place of it? Right now I'm using your esp instead of his "TheKite_VTS_Replacer-20950--90" but as I'm missing textures, I thought maybe I was supposed to run both esps…..

Thanks!

Lister,

Not a dumb question at all. You will need the mesh and texture files from the main VTS mod in order to use the replacer esps that I uploaded. You'll also need TheKite_VTS.esp from the main mod, which contains keywords, palette definitions, and a whole bunch of other things that you absolutely need to run the mod properly (indeed, I expect that my esp will crash your game if you don't load it with TheKite_VTS.esp. 

Having said that, you do not need to load TheKite_VTS_Replacer.esp. I designed my mod to supersede that one and I expect they conflict each other heavily.

Hope that helps!

On 10/22/2018 at 2:53 AM, Nonak said:

You will need to rebuild the meshes for vts and make sure to build the physics versions, that should sort it out, note the word should.

17 hours ago, gregaaz said:

Lister,

Not a dumb question at all. You will need the mesh and texture files from the main VTS mod in order to use the replacer esps that I uploaded. You'll also need TheKite_VTS.esp from the main mod, which contains keywords, palette definitions, and a whole bunch of other things that you absolutely need to run the mod properly (indeed, I expect that my esp will crash your game if you don't load it with TheKite_VTS.esp. 

Having said that, you do not need to load TheKite_VTS_Replacer.esp. I designed my mod to supersede that one and I expect they conflict each other heavily.

Hope that helps!

Thanks very much for the reply gregaaz! I can report that running the game with only your esp will not crash it. Neither will running the game with all three esp's enabled! In the last couple days I've pretty much tried all combinations and nothing worked. In fact, I had a zip file in my Kite folder downloaded from the Nexus back before my laptop crashed (I had to replace my C drive so I'm just now rebuilding my mods, switching to Vortex, etc) that was named "TheKites Vault-Tec Slave Suit-Fixed2.1-21796-m0-90c2-1" so I added its contents to the appropriate folder (it was just a Tools folder that contained a BodySlide folder with the appropriate ShapeData, SliderGroups, etc.). It didn't do any good either. So earlier this evening I decided to disable all my Kite esps and eureka! my character is still in a purple vault suit, only it's not the Kite's slave suit. Instead, the mesh was from lazman555's Jumpsuits mod, minus the textures, so the problem was not the Kite's mod, or your esp. After disabling the Jumpsuit mod I reenabled the Kite's esp along with yours, and when I launched the game, my character was completely nude! I ran back to check the cryo chambers and everyone inside was nude as well with a few of them having purple hands. And now the world models have no texture, they're purple, where before at least they were textured, though the worn suits were not (screen shots attached).

I have no idea what's going on but I've read that mods can be squirrely inside the beginning of Vault 111. Luckily that had never happened to me and before my laptop crash, I had the Kite's VTS replacer working perfectly. But that was also using NMM, and I had not yet installed AAF, RSE, and all the necessary mods and patches in between. I think I'll just play through the exit of 111 and see what I get outside the vault!

Thanks again for all your help!

377160_20181031000635_1.png

377160_20181031002357_1.png

377160_20181031003120_1.png

• 3 weeks later...

Whoops, I forgot to come back here an update my post. I figured it out, and it had nothing to do with your replacers gregaaz. I'm using Vortex for my mod manager and for the most part, it's been working great. But at some point it started asking for repeated permission to access and modify ini files, including baked files, if I remember correctly. Anyway, I kept granting permission thinking it was part of the recent update. Eventually another, and the most recent Vortex update, stopped asking for access to the ini files. But it wasn't until a hair mod stopped working and my vault suit became transparent from one direction that it dawned on me something might be wrong with the ini's. It turns out, my Fallout4Custom.ini file had been wiped out with bInvalidateOlderFiles=1 and sResourceDataDirsFinal= both missing. Restoring those two did the trick for the hair mod and the vault suit so naturally I decided to test TheKite's mod.... Eureka!

So, if you're a Vortex user, and out of the blue you start experiencing weird problems with missing textures and meshes behaving strangely, check your ini files to make sure Vortex hasn't pulled a fast one on you! To be fair, other than that issue, Vortex has been very stable and I'm so far running 215 mods. I'm liking it much better than NMM.

Thanks all, especially you gregaaz, for taking the time to help a brother out!

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/16/2018 at 6:36 AM, lister1911 said:

Whoops, I forgot to come back here an update my post. I figured it out, and it had nothing to do with your replacers gregaaz. I'm using Vortex for my mod manager and for the most part, it's been working great. But at some point it started asking for repeated permission to access and modify ini files, including baked files, if I remember correctly. Anyway, I kept granting permission thinking it was part of the recent update. Eventually another, and the most recent Vortex update, stopped asking for access to the ini files. But it wasn't until a hair mod stopped working and my vault suit became transparent from one direction that it dawned on me something might be wrong with the ini's. It turns out, my Fallout4Custom.ini file had been wiped out with bInvalidateOlderFiles=1 and sResourceDataDirsFinal= both missing. Restoring those two did the trick for the hair mod and the vault suit so naturally I decided to test TheKite's mod.... Eureka!

So, if you're a Vortex user, and out of the blue you start experiencing weird problems with missing textures and meshes behaving strangely, check your ini files to make sure Vortex hasn't pulled a fast one on you! To be fair, other than that issue, Vortex has been very stable and I'm so far running 215 mods. I'm liking it much better than NMM.

Thanks all, especially you gregaaz, for taking the time to help a brother out!

Cheers.

Vortex is a mess. Better UI but nontheless a mess. NMM is still by far better...

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 9:48 PM, Darkklawd said:

SO from what I Read Niero joined the darkside called Bethesda huh ? well now.

Actually, no, he hasn't. The whole story is here: Interview with Niero 

The real story is in the comments below the article; I asked the writer why he failed to ask Niero about his recent mod removal and Niero dropped in and answered nearly all my questions, twice.

After reading the article and what Niero commented I came to realize that it's a shame that the modern gaming industry is overly sensitive for content that has nudity or any other controversial content in it. After all games are only work of fiction, so it shouldn't be taken so seriously.

Maybe the problem lies with the social media forums like the Twitter, because some people usually use it to complain and whine about stupid things and sadly those who bark the loudest gets the publicity. In most cases most companies are forced to withdraw and censor the content, so that whiners don't have anything to whine for.

We live in the dark age my friends. Back in the old school games were still made for gamers and no one really cared about the controversies. Now companies have to be really careful what or whom they get involved with.

On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 4:36 AM, Jordick said:

After reading the article and what Niero commented I came to realize that it's a shame that the modern gaming industry is overly sensitive for content that has nudity or any other controversial content in it. After all games are only work of fiction, so it shouldn't be taken so seriously.

Maybe the problem lies with the social media forums like the Twitter, because some people usually use it to complain and whine about stupid things and sadly those who bark the loudest gets the publicity. In most cases most companies are forced to withdraw and censor the content, so that whiners don't have anything to whine for.

We live in the dark age my friends. Back in the old school games were still made for gamers and no one really cared about the controversies. Now companies have to be really careful what or whom they get involved with.

Absolutely correct. More to your point, last week Tumblr effectively banned adult content from their platform. Unfortunately, it's probably going to get worse before it gets better.

To be fair to the game makers: in the old days, dev teams consisted of one to 10 individuals and "adult content" consisted of stuff like "leisure suit larry" or literally sneaking a pixelated bikini onto the cartridge IF you beat the game just so. Once games got to be a billion plus dollar a year industry AND both capable of being modded and well understood by the general public enough to want to mod them; the companies had a lot to lose if they suddenly offended the ridiculously easy to offend 1% of the population. These days: something doesn't even have to have been done by you or be your fault for that something to entirely destroy your credibility and future. All it takes is the claim and trial by social media does the rest.

• 5 weeks later...