I normally and end up being distracted by the mods I install and all the fun things I can do.

For SkyrimVR I want to do a play-thorugh as a pure mage. No SexLab or HSH.

So, as someone that has never played - and therefore never modded SE, I have a "simple" question...

"What mods do you recommend for a normal play-though as a mage?"

Edit: I have my first list, but because it ended up not including any loverslab.com mods, I posted it on reddit instead. I'm looking forward to having sexy/fun-time mods included, but that's not going to be on my first pass ;)

1 hour ago, General Neondaze said:

At the moment there has been no confirmation that existing mods will run in VR. Until it is released on Tuesday we won't know for sure.

We can't know for sure, but the realistic expectation is that SE mods will probably work, event if it's not officially supported - that's what happens in Fallout4 VR

Sadly SKSE64 will not work - at least not at first. (I think)

I've made a short list for myself that I hope is reasonable, and will work as expected.

59 minutes ago, General Neondaze said:

Let us know how you get on.

I pre-bought on steam and downloaded already. Just waiting for the unlock on Tuesday. :smile:

Will do, and same here :smile:

I'm stuck waiting until after work to play, so no actual playing until Tuesday evening.

I'm posting this here because I'm very interested in people who can afford and will be using Skyrim VR. The assumption will be which mods from Skyrim SE will be fully functional out of the box. Which mods will need to be converted over and tutorials people can use to help improve their VR experience. 

Hoping this is the proper section we can post until LL's moderators make a whole Skyrim VR section much like Skyrim SE has one. 

My current guess is as long as the mod doesn't effect the body everything should be fine to work properly.

I've got a couple of hundred hours in FO4VR at this point, so I'll definitely be getting into SkyrimVR, but I'm not in a rush this time... I'm quietly hoping that modders can make a few improvements to the interaction (door handles, drawing and sheathing weapons, basically fewer menus and more context-actions), but really the thing I most want is something like Joy of Perspective or Immersive First Person. My biggest gripe with Fallout is that I never have a sense physical presence or form, and I feel like there's at least some precedent for fixing that in Skyrim, which isn't as true in FO4.

43 minutes ago, General Neondaze said:

Did Skyrim VR update SSE? I have a message that tells me SKSE is out of date.

Also, Steam no longer allows you to choose not to update your game to the new version. :classic_angry:

Yes, there are instructions on how to get a copy of the old exe until skse64 is updated here.

I just started rolling a copy of my exe into an archive and when an update occurs, I just roll back.  Starting through the SKSE64 launcher doesn't cause a steam update if steam thinks it already did it, you check file integrity, or you actually start the game through Steam.

I thought SKSE did not work at all with Skyrim VR because it needs a specific SKSE tooled for it? is there actually a working SKSE I can use for Skyrim VR? Right now I've managed to get most mods up and running but anything that requires SKSE I have not been able to transfer in to VR

16 hours ago, BangedAgate said:

SexLab Light SE doesn't require SKSE, I just watched Lucan doing his sister over the table in VR.

Interactions involving the PC do not work though.

The problem is even if sexlab light SE doesn't require SKSE most sexlab mods do. Like lovers comfort/aroused/etc. At most you can only use matchmaker at least for now

Running about 105 mods from SSE on SVR now (by tricking NMM into thinking it is SSE).  I just removed all my SKSE64 required mods...then all my other mods worked just fine.  I have Amorous Adventures and Flower Girls running fine.  But as posted above, any interactions involving the PC, you end up with what appears as bodies on top of your head, you are shoved into the ground, and they are spinning in circles like a top (major vertigo!!)!  haha.  Was kinda funny when I tested it.  But Tempered Skins for Males (sos light) looks great, my UNP (B) females with mature skin look awesome....about to head over to the Bathhouse to see how things look!

Once modders can make a 3rd person viewpoint, then this has all my current SSE mods running awesome!  Definitely turn off Dynamic Resolution and Anti Aliasing, it helps the clarity of NPCs, so you do not have to be standing REALLY close to have great detail.  I am so happy any mods work, that this is a temporary setback!  I am loving the investment!

5 hours ago, Rehtaeh said:

Running about 105 mods from SSE on SVR now (by tricking NMM into thinking it is SSE).  I just removed all my SKSE64 required mods...then all my other mods worked just fine.  I have Amorous Adventures and Flower Girls running fine.  But as posted above, any interactions involving the PC, you end up with what appears as bodies on top of your head, you are shoved into the ground, and they are spinning in circles like a top (major vertigo!!)!  haha.  Was kinda funny when I tested it.  But Tempered Skins for Males (sos light) looks great, my UNP (B) females with mature skin look awesome....about to head over to the Bathhouse to see how things look!

Once modders can make a 3rd person viewpoint, then this has all my current SSE mods running awesome!  Definitely turn off Dynamic Resolution and Anti Aliasing, it helps the clarity of NPCs, so you do not have to be standing REALLY close to have great detail.  I am so happy any mods work, that this is a temporary setback!  I am loving the investment!

Made a small patch to stop the spinning in Flower GIrls.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/97075-flower-girls-skyrimvr-no-spin-temporary-patch/

I would love having Being Female mod being compatible with Skyrim Vr , to have spouses being pregnant and having a virtual family with my actual follower M'rissi from the tails of troubles mod  :smile:

Unfortunately , this needs SKSE 64 :frown:

I hope that modders that made SKSE64 will take a look into this , or being female modder will tweak his mod to use it without SKSE64 ^^

16 hours ago, netshaman said:

I would love having Being Female mod being compatible with Skyrim Vr , to have spouses being pregnant and having a virtual family with my actual follower M'rissi from the tails of troubles mod  :smile:

Unfortunately , this needs SKSE 64 :frown:

I hope that modders that made SKSE64 will take a look into this , or being female modder will tweak his mod to use it without SKSE64 ^^

SKSE64 for VR is on the way. See the SkyrimVR reddit for details (on the first page)

Thisi s the first time I have purchased Skyrim so modding is very new to me. So far I have a good few mods installed via NMM and they seem to be working fine.

I wanted a High res nude mod as well but looking at the mod section here I have no idea where to start.....

Is there a mod that generates random nude/dexy females NPCs in the game so coming accross one would be a complete supprise?

Some guidance would be much apreciated.

Heh be prepared for a whole lot of options. I can give you my personal preference as a starting point: CBBE (SE) https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/198

This will give you the naked body itself.

You will also want to get XPMSSE which is the skeleton: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1988

These will give you the basics.. what is to come is having all the outfits in the game fit that body shape.. customized body shapes and so forth. For that you will want: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/201 along with many many custom outfits you can find here and on Nexus.

In terms of sexual interactions, then FlowerGirls SE (my own mod) is available at: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/5941 I added a temporary option for VR users today.. although more needs to be done to support VR.. it will work if you use the Fornicate spell.

Alternatively, Sex Lab Light is here on Lovers Lab at: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/83906-sexlab-light-se/

For animation mods like FG or SLL you also will require FNIS from: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/3038

For a complete newcomer to Skyrim, there is a bit of a steep learning curve.. but read instructions very carefully.. ask advice, be patient and you will be up and running in no time. Good luck.