TheWhite

How to block youtube video ads?

Ihave mozilla firefox and ad blocker but I still get like 4 or 5 video ads before the actual video. It's driving me insane! How can I block the ads?

YouTube Red does a great job of blocking YouTube ads. I have not had a single one since signing up!

(*I* think I'm funny anyway)

I use ad blocker plus for chrome on youtube and have never seen a ad ever. Later I also got one called stands fair ad blocker which can control what you block if you want to. I also use ghostery to block pop ups and stuff from ads.

I don't use FF unless I have to so not sure what's good with it.

Just a side note.

ADS are the revenue on internet sites.

If you block them the people maintaining the sites will get no money.

From time to time, usually for the sites you use most (Youtube, LovesLab) think about keeping the ads on using the no-ads versions (Youtube is $3 per month, LLab is $1 per month)

All adblocks are fairly good, but depending on what you looking for, offers a variety of options. Myself has 4 adblocks installed (5 if we count Ghostery as well, but it's more of a anti tracker I think), because there is always some blocker that doesn't block.

And they are: AdBlock, Adblock plus, uBlock Origin and AdGuard.

With all these installed, I have never seen a single ad since I formatted my PC in early 2107.  

you can edit the adblocker blocklist manually and disallow all that allowed crap... but that can be a good piece of handy work ad take some time.

Easier to go is uBlock Origin  (post above) combined with uMatrix.

They make it also quite easy to re-allow ads where you want them .. e.g. to support the site

CPU does that also include the (sometimes) Geico ads in vids (The 3 USD a month)?  BTW, I also agree with you in supporting LL, but did Ashal lower the ad removal donation? I thought it was 5 USD (minimum) for ad removal on LL. while 1 USD is just to show "support" with no other benefit? 

Get ublock origin. You can setup whitelists to turn off adblock for some sites if you want and it has a whole list of ad blocking such as annoying social media popups and all that stuff, plus Ublock origin is very lightweight and isn't as much as a bloat than the other adblockers.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ublock-origin/

As a side note, I'm really surprised that a lot of people I've met online don't know about adblockers. I don't know how I'd survive without it, and knowing someone surfing the web without an adblocker makes me wonder..

how about for tablets ?? for pc it works as advertised i am looking for add block tablet.