This mod is bloody awesome (at least I am pretty sure it's this one).

Got the message that someone follows you. Looked around but saw none.

Proceeded in to a building, walked up a stair when 'caution' arrived at my screen.

Looked down and saw a raider coming searching for me.

Waited for him and shoot him halfway up the stair, totally unaware of me.

Immersion 10/10.

On 6/19/2020 at 4:12 PM, twistedtrebla said:

Hmm probably not. I dont want to start adding exceptions to one particular NPC, because that's not a scalable solution. I don't want to go down that route.

An alternative would be to disable "merchants", to which I believe Trashcan Carla belongs. I may add that, if I have the time for it. No promises though ?

A suggestion: add the option to exclude "unique" actors.  This would prevent most named actors, like Carla, traveling merchants, the mayor of DC, etc, from becoming harassers, which can be immersion breaking and/or simply annoying if they do it a lot.

If you are using aliases it simply requires an "allowUnique" global and then a "S IsUnique NONE <= Global:allowUnique AND" condition on the alias.

Great work, mod author.   Really tight.

Is there a way to go into the mod files and fix some typos and grammar, maybe add new dialog pop ups?   I’d be happy to do it as posts to the mod author as well, whatever.   But the mod content is great, I would just like to polish the language.

I’m a professional VO so if you’re looking to add voice lines I’m volunteering some help there too.

as soon as i finish with the text action dialogue my character drops to the floor but the npc runs away, with some support from aaf i can confirm it is working properly yet i cannot do anything or move, when i hit debug all interactions i can open aaf but still can do nothing

I know currently there is still no dialogue specifically for males and it caters more to females, but would it be possible to just have the dialogue be completely neutral? As in not referring to gender at all? I don't know the first thing about modding and if there is some dilemma with differentiating between males and females in dialogue, perhaps just make it vague?

I have problem with Devious Devices that when someone approaches me or I approach someone the dialogue works until I say somethign "mhhrmrmrhrp" and they reply with something "You talked too much?" or "All women should be gagged" or so on and then nothing happens. And I'm still gagged.

28 minutes ago, Hyotis said:

I have problem with Devious Devices that when someone approaches me or I approach someone the dialogue works until I say somethign "mhhrmrmrhrp" and they reply with something "You talked too much?" or "All women should be gagged" or so on and then nothing happens. And I'm still gagged.

Thats from Devious Device mod. When you're wearing a gag, every 10 seconds or so an NPC will say something to you along the lines of what you said. 

Unfortunately theres no way to change that behavior, unless you recompile the devious devices script to disable that. Nothing that this mod can do about that.

On 6/24/2020 at 1:50 PM, FercPolo said:

Great work, mod author.   Really tight.

Is there a way to go into the mod files and fix some typos and grammar, maybe add new dialog pop ups?   I’d be happy to do it as posts to the mod author as well, whatever.   But the mod content is great, I would just like to polish the language.

I’m a professional VO so if you’re looking to add voice lines I’m volunteering some help there too.

I appreciate the offer, but adding voices will probably never be feasible for this mod. The NPCs are picked randonly, so sometimes you'll get Captain Kells, or Desmenona, or Elder Maxson, etc who all share the same lines but have very distinct voices (in vanilla game). So unless you think you can professionally voice ALL NPCs ?it wouldn't be worth the effort.

This isn't really a bug (per se), I just thought it was hilarious.

During my trip through Kellogg's memories, I got to the point where we relived the opening sequence of him stealing Shaun. My body double ejected herself from her cryopod in order to hit on me. My character's sex appeal apparently transcends space, time, and reality!

Bonus, it revealed that the original character model is apparently using a stealth boy through that sequence.

40 minutes ago, delete1618 said:

During my trip through Kellogg's memories, I got to the point where we relived the opening sequence of him stealing Shaun. My body double ejected herself from her cryopod in order to hit on me. My character's sex appeal apparently transcends space, time, and reality!

Bonus, it revealed that the original character model is apparently using a stealth boy through that sequence.

Imagine being so sexy that you wake someone in a cryogenic state.

16 hours ago, delete1618 said:

Yeah, they (every cryo-pod inhabitor) are still active actors, and responds as such, they just basically don't have an active AI, but respond as normal when scripts use them.

Also yes, PC effectively is 'hidden' and moved, and a doppelganger used, to avoid issues.

On 6/29/2020 at 9:13 PM, twistedtrebla said:

I appreciate the offer, but adding voices will probably never be feasible for this mod. The NPCs are picked randonly, so sometimes you'll get Captain Kells, or Desmenona, or Elder Maxson, etc who all share the same lines but have very distinct voices (in vanilla game). So unless you think you can professionally voice ALL NPCs ?it wouldn't be worth the effort.

Hmm, unique NPCs.  Fair enough.  Couldn’t help with the female actors.

thanks for the cool mod.

On 6/19/2020 at 4:06 PM, twistedtrebla said:

@Krazyone and others, regarding DD on flirt approach... I think the MCM setting description may be a bit misleading. It's a setting for the chance that the NPC will put on additional DD on the player in a bad ending. If you noticed already, the bad end to flirt approach has scripted DD applications, which currently cannot be disabled. 

I may consider an MCM option for NPC to unlock all DD on the player after a bad flirt ending (NPC unlocks you after having fun with you).

And for some that don't like the possibility of any non-consensual sex for a flirt approach (which I think is lame ?), I may also add an MCM to disable "bad endings" in flirt approaches, too.

Sorry to rehash an old topic, but I'm afraid I'm still misunderstanding something here. Are you saying that all sex that results from a flirt approach will involve DD? Because your description in the OP seems to say otherwise.

"You agree and have consensual sex. But wait! After agreeing to sex, you may find some NPCs takings things... a bit farther than you agreed to. They will try to put the player in devious devices!"

Saying that some NPCs may use DD implies that there's also a chance that they won't, and that the characters would just have sex, right? That was my (and I think it may have been a few others' as well) impression going into this mod. Please don't get me wrong here, I think it's a great feature. It really adds to the feeling that the wasteland is a harsh place and that you never know who you can trust. However, at least from my experience, that's not what's happening in game.

So I guess what I'm asking here is this: how many outcomes are there to the flirt approaches? So far I have seen two. The first is that the PC either declines or otherwise resists the advance. Maybe a device or two gets been applied if the successful resist comes late, but to me this is ultimately the "no sex" ending. The second is that the PC submits to or otherwise fails to resist the advance. In this case, the NPC successfully finishes applying their series of DD and the player gets the "rape" ending.

If that's how it was intended to be, then it was just my misunderstanding. In that case, I would respectfully request that the OP be updated to be less ambiguous and/or that you consider adding some sort of middle ground ending in which there's sex with no or only partial DD, though you are of course under no obligation to do either. Otherwise maybe I'm doing something stupidly wrong or perhaps have a mod conflict/bug to hunt for.

6 hours ago, spkrforthedead said:

Sorry to rehash an old topic, but I'm afraid I'm still misunderstanding something here. Are you saying that all sex that results from a flirt approach will involve DD? Because your description in the OP seems to say otherwise.

Saying that some NPCs may use DD implies that there's also a chance that they won't, and that the characters would just have sex, right? That was my (and I think it may have been a few others' as well) impression going into this mod. Please don't get me wrong here, I think it's a great feature. It really adds to the feeling that the wasteland is a harsh place and that you never know who you can trust. However, at least from my experience, that's not what's happening in game.

So I guess what I'm asking here is this: how many outcomes are there to the flirt approaches? So far I have seen two. The first is that the PC either declines or otherwise resists the advance. Maybe a device or two gets been applied if the successful resist comes late, but to me this is ultimately the "no sex" ending. The second is that the PC submits to or otherwise fails to resist the advance. In this case, the NPC successfully finishes applying their series of DD and the player gets the "rape" ending.

If that's how it was intended to be, then it was just my misunderstanding. In that case, I would respectfully request that the OP be updated to be less ambiguous and/or that you consider adding some sort of middle ground ending in which there's sex with no or only partial DD, though you are of course under no obligation to do either. Otherwise maybe I'm doing something stupidly wrong or perhaps have a mod conflict/bug to hunt for.

You are partially correct. There is the "consensual ending" where the player agrees to sex, and NPC and player goes straight into sex scene. Then there's the "rape ending" where the player agrees to sex, but the NPC keeps putting devious devices on the player one at a time - a collar, gag, then wrist restraints. Those two you got right.

But there are also some intermediate outcomes too, where the NPC stops at just collar, or stops at collar + gag. This is possible even if the player decides to do nothing about getting put on the collar/gag. There is some chance that the NPC just wanted to add a couple of DDs on the player, then proceed to consensual sex. Here are the possible NPC's "intents"

- 1) NPC wants consensual sex (no restraints)

- 2) NPC wants consensual sex, with collar on player

- 3) NPC wants consensual sex, with collar + gag on player
- 4) NPC wants non-consensual sex, with collar + gag + wrist restraints on player

So you'll have to guess the NPC's intent.... guess that the NPC only wanted the collar, or collar + gag, in which case it'll just be consensual sex.. or not take any chances and call off the sex as soon as the collar comes on. Hope that makes sense.

So for example, say the NPC appoached you with intent #3, or consensual sex with collar + gag. If you agree to sex, the NPC will put on the collar. You have 3 choices: call off sex, ask to stop with the DD, or do nothing. If you call off here, then NPC walks away. If you ask to stop, and it fails, the NPC will try to put on the gag. If you ask to stop, but it succeeds, then you will go straight into sex. Now, at the gag stage, you have 3 same options again (assuming you got the willpower). If you ask to stop, and it fails, the NPC will put the gag on, then go into consensual sex. Since that's what the NPC wanted, that's the ending you get even if your "plead" fails, or even if you do nothing at each stage.

--

As for the MCM setting for "additional DD chance", that's the chance that the NPC will put on MORE devices after the "rape ending" where the player gets put on collar + gag + wrist restraints. It's not chance that the player will get put on collar/gag/wrist. I'm considering adding an MCM option where the entire DD outcome can be disabled, so flirt approach can only lead to consensual sex. And maybe another MCM option where a DD + rape outcome is possible, but NPC always unlocks them after sex, so that the player can carry on.

Wanted to leave a note of appreciation for the mod, it's very good and getting better. One quibble would be: I hope it's feasible to use [target's gender] tokens in the dialogue boxes? If you have a female aggressor, the dialogue all refers to 'he', 'his', 'my cock', etc. I'm not sure how easy it is to have tokens in GECK dialogue trees, but I imagine they're probably there.

Thanks for the reply. In the end it turned out that I was just doing things wrong, and have been able to trigger all of the different outcomes now. It turns out I hadn't realized that intoxication level and arousal added to the likelihood that the NPC would choose to go for full restraints and so the probability was frequently at about 70-80%. The rest can simply be chalked up to getting unlucky, I guess.

On 7/8/2020 at 4:07 AM, twistedtrebla said:

I'm considering adding an MCM option where the entire DD outcome can be disabled, so flirt approach can only lead to consensual sex. And maybe another MCM option where a DD + rape outcome is possible, but NPC always unlocks them after sex, so that the player can carry on.

Those options do sound interesting. Personally I'd suggest adding a way of adjusting the probability in the MCM that DD will be used. My own preference is for there to be a rare (10-20%) chance of the NPC going full rapist, but I get that there's not going to be any one value that satisfies everybody. Thanks again for the reply and for the mod.

On 7/8/2020 at 4:07 AM, twistedtrebla said:

You are partially correct. There is the "consensual ending" where the player agrees to sex, and NPC and player goes straight into sex scene. Then there's the "rape ending" where the player agrees to sex, but the NPC keeps putting devious devices on the player one at a time - a collar, gag, then wrist restraints. Those two you got right.

But there are also some intermediate outcomes too, where the NPC stops at just collar, or stops at collar + gag. This is possible even if the player decides to do nothing about getting put on the collar/gag. There is some chance that the NPC just wanted to add a couple of DDs on the player, then proceed to consensual sex. Here are the possible NPC's "intents"

- 1) NPC wants consensual sex (no restraints)

- 2) NPC wants consensual sex, with collar on player

- 3) NPC wants consensual sex, with collar + gag on player
- 4) NPC wants non-consensual sex, with collar + gag + wrist restraints on player

So you'll have to guess the NPC's intent.... guess that the NPC only wanted the collar, or collar + gag, in which case it'll just be consensual sex.. or not take any chances and call off the sex as soon as the collar comes on. Hope that makes sense.

So for example, say the NPC appoached you with intent #3, or consensual sex with collar + gag. If you agree to sex, the NPC will put on the collar. You have 3 choices: call off sex, ask to stop with the DD, or do nothing. If you call off here, then NPC walks away. If you ask to stop, and it fails, the NPC will try to put on the gag. If you ask to stop, but it succeeds, then you will go straight into sex. Now, at the gag stage, you have 3 same options again (assuming you got the willpower). If you ask to stop, and it fails, the NPC will put the gag on, then go into consensual sex. Since that's what the NPC wanted, that's the ending you get even if your "plead" fails, or even if you do nothing at each stage.

--

As for the MCM setting for "additional DD chance", that's the chance that the NPC will put on MORE devices after the "rape ending" where the player gets put on collar + gag + wrist restraints. It's not chance that the player will get put on collar/gag/wrist. I'm considering adding an MCM option where the entire DD outcome can be disabled, so flirt approach can only lead to consensual sex. And maybe another MCM option where a DD + rape outcome is possible, but NPC always unlocks them after sex, so that the player can carry on.

I seem to be having an issue where Flirt approaches almost ALWAYS leads to non-consensual, which gets annoying. Even with the MCM DD equip chance at zero, it's always collar+gag+etc all the time, unless plea works.

2 hours ago, Trashey said:

I seem to be having an issue where Flirt approaches almost ALWAYS leads to non-consensual, which gets annoying. Even with the MCM DD equip chance at zero, it's always collar+gag+etc all the time, unless plea works.

It seems like whenever I'm weak-willed, broken-spirited, submissive and have low self-esteem (per Sex Attributes), that happens to me much more often. Perhaps predators can smell that you're ripe for the picking?

6 hours ago, Trashey said:

So it turns out that there are a few factors which can conspire to make the non-consensual/DD ending of the flirt encounter much more common. The base chance is 30%, but intoxication can increase the chance by another 30% at level 5. On top of that, arousal over 60 points adds another 20%. Then you add your luck modifier (if you have that turned on) and suddenly that 30% can become nearly 100%.

Also, that DD setting in the MCM is a bit misleading. what it does is add a chance of even more DD being applied at the end of the encounter after all the AAF stuff has played out.

3 hours ago, spkrforthedead said:

So it turns out that there are a few factors which can conspire to make the non-consensual/DD ending of the flirt encounter much more common. The base chance is 30%, but intoxication can increase the chance by another 30% at level 5. On top of that, arousal over 60 points adds another 20%. Then you add your luck modifier (if you have that turned on) and suddenly that 30% can become nearly 100%.

Also, that DD setting in the MCM is a bit misleading. what it does is add a chance of even more DD being applied at the end of the encounter after all the AAF stuff has played out.

well shit, good to know thanks! My character is always drunk to deal with trauma and only says yes when near max aroused,  so unknowingly most likely conditions for this result

13 hours ago, Trashey said:

well shit, good to know thanks! My character is always drunk to deal with trauma and only says yes when near max aroused,  so unknowingly most likely conditions for this result

Ahh, drunk and horny... yep that's me most of the time too. Makes sense.