SOS armor and clothes refits

SOS armor and clothes refits

View File

Here are my refits of Skyrim male armor and clothes models to SOS body. These are usual models, not skimpy or revealing, just converted from vanilla meshes with Clothing Converter. This will allow male NPCs to use SOS body not only when naked but always. Also included refitted models for Immersive Armors.

You are free to do whatever you want with this files.

To install:

Use your mod manager.

Why do you need it?

See what could you get when you installed SOS:

ScreenShot9.thumb.jpg.f2f943e590c128356548d7b32b1cb3b5.jpg

Clothed NPCs still use vanilla models but with SOS textures applied to bodies. This cause seams on thighs.

Also, when you undress NPC you could notice that body shape is changed, because vanilla body is replaced by SOS body.

When you install refitted models you will get proper view:

ScreenShot8.thumb.jpg.2be1d86c809913dfff94c956c7a9d82e.jpg

Included Packages:

1. Vanilla

For original game.

2. Dawnguard

For Dawnguard DLC and Legendary Edition.

3. Dragonborn

For Dragonborn DLC and Legendary Edition.

4. Immersive Armors

For mod Immersive Armors.

5. Underwear Replacer by FastestDog

For mod Underwear Replacer - Vanilla Male - by FastestDog.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    03/17/2018
  • Category
  • Requires
    Schlongs of Skyrim
  • Special Edition Compatible
    No

Not that I want to appear ungrateful for all your work, but there are 2 more mods which I would like to request conversions of. In fact, you might have covered one of them already, just without mentioning it.

When installing the refits in my mod-manager, I noticed that they override some meshes from the Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/71214. Have these been incorporated into your refits or did you work with the unaltered meshes from Bethesda? It would certainly be preferable to have the fixes from the Unofficial Patch integrated.

I've also noticed that Static Mesh Improvement Mod - SMIM https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/8655 does contain changes to 2 outfits: farmclothes04 and wench. While the alterations are fairly small, I would like to have them as part of your conversions, if possible.

1 hour ago, narses03 said:

just to be sure:

when using legendary edition and immersive armors i need all of your files except the underware replacer right?

Yes.

58 minutes ago, Noctum28 said:

When installing the refits in my mod-manager, I noticed that they override some meshes from the Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch

I never noticed that USLEEP contains armor and clothes meshes, so, i made refits from original meshes. After quick check i could see that some models are practically identical to originals while others (eg cultist robe) are noticeable different. I will learn it in details later, in some days.

The same about SMIM. 

Once again I thank you for your work! Covering the fixes from USLEEP has certainly made this mod a necessity for all users of SOS. I still await the conversion of the 2 SMIM outfits, but there is no reason to not use your mod until then. :smile:

If you can find the time to deal with it, there is one more mod that changes one of the vanilla armors and might be of interest: Reshaped Stormcloak Armor https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/89600 . In case you can't tell from the description or screenshots of the mod (I won't blame you), it removes the pillow that all Stormcloaks and City Guards have been hiding under their armor to make their chest and belly appear bigger.

On ‎24‎.‎03‎.‎2018 at 4:40 PM, Noctum28 said:

I still await the conversion of the 2 SMIM outfits, but there is no reason to not use your mod until then. :smile:

I'm sorry, i didn't mention that SMIM outfits are exactly same as USLEEP.

On ‎24‎.‎03‎.‎2018 at 4:40 PM, Noctum28 said:

If you can find the time to deal with it, there is one more mod that changes one of the vanilla armors and might be of interest: Reshaped Stormcloak Armor https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/89600 . 

IMHO, it is not necessary to convert such outfits, the difference between vanilla and converted model in game is not noticeable. Really needed to convert models with a lot of naked body, especially chest and upper part of thighs, or tight clothes like DB armor to show specific shape of SOS body (tough thighs and convex buttocks).

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, Vrykolakas said:

I was looking for something like this! I have 2 questions:

1. Does it work with SOS Light?
  2. Are there any plans for a SSE compatible version (I wanna be able to use this in VR)?

Thanks so much for taking the time to do this!

1. I think it will work well with SOS Light with one exception: some newly added shoes with open ankles and fingers could have skin problem.

2. Yes, I will make it.

47 minutes ago, Vokul said:

There seems to be an issue with guard armors, all hold guards now wear stormcloak blue after installing your meshes.

Apart from that, great work!

Many thanks, I fixed it.

Wow you're beyond awesome!

Finally we can wear something on SOS from time to time without looking like crap.

I tried to make a fix a while ago but I got too frustrated after one set.

Now there is only one thing to do:  Wear bandit armor and sit down on a bench in Jorrvaskr, manspread and air that shit out like a motherfucker.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, jimmywon34 said:

quick question, does this work with the default/non-bodybuilder and hairy version of SOS or is this for smooth skin, non-hairy version of SOS?

Hairy or smooth skin is determined by textures, not meshes, so it doesn't matter; but the meshes here are built for the default body so they won't match the Bodybuilder one. Doesn't mean it won't work, just that the naked body (Bodybuilder) won't match the body when wearing armor (Default).

19 hours ago, jimmywon34 said:

quick question, does this work with the default/non-bodybuilder and hairy version of SOS or is this for smooth skin, non-hairy version of SOS?

It works with any SOS-compatible textures which you install. It could be any variant of built-in SOS textures or textures from other vendors (Vitruvia, Veteran, SOS Fair Skin etc). Complete Male Overhaul (CMO) is partially compatible, you should take footwear meshes from CMO Femfeet Redesigned.

10 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

Hairy or smooth skin is determined by textures, not meshes, so it doesn't matter; but the meshes here are built for the default body so they won't match the Bodybuilder one. Doesn't mean it won't work, just that the naked body (Bodybuilder) won't match the body when wearing armor (Default).

2 hours ago, oaoa said:

It works with any SOS-compatible textures which you install. It could be any variant of built-in SOS textures or textures from other vendors (Vitruvia, Veteran, SOS Fair Skin etc). Complete Male Overhaul (CMO) is partially compatible, you should take footwear meshes from CMO Femfeet Redesigned.

thanks for the clarification. why do you suggest femfeet redesigned for male foot meshes? I was looking at this download and I saw it contained footmeshes already in the folder. I am not using femfeet redesigned and didn't realize that that mod made male foot meshes as well to begin with, thought they were only female feet for females by the looks of the page and description but did notice it said compatible with SOS. do males and females sometimes wear the same foot meshes for some shoes? i'm a bit confused.

9 hours ago, jimmywon34 said:

thanks for the clarification. why do you suggest femfeet redesigned for male foot meshes? I was looking at this download and I saw it contained footmeshes already in the folder. I am not using femfeet redesigned and didn't realize that that mod made male foot meshes as well to begin with, thought they were only female feet for females by the looks of the page and description but did notice it said compatible with SOS. do males and females sometimes wear the same foot meshes for some shoes? i'm a bit confused.

Femfeet were initially created for females only. But Femfeet Redesigned (FFR) includes male feet for SOS. FFR SOS feet meshes are not same as SOS and requires other textures (only for feet). CMO skin is designed for SOS body with FFR SOS feet. If you want to use CMO skin with my mod, you can do it, but you should replace my footwear meshes with FFR meshes. It seems, CMO skin is only male skin which requires FFR feet, so, if you not interested in CMO skin, just forget about FFR. And it seems, CMO now is removed from Nexus.

13 hours ago, jimmywon34 said:

i'm not sure how but I have man titty bounce with your mod installed, I checked the meshes and it looks like they are linked to a malebody.xml, but I don't have that installed and it isn't in your folder anywhere.

Yes, I taken male body meshes from SoS Body HDT 1.0, you can get the xml file from that mod. I don't have deep knowledge in this subject. It seems, the xml file allows fine tuning of HDT feature but is not required, without the xml it works with some default settings.