• 4 weeks later...

Finally found some time to add the NPC to reset player's stats.

Introducing Doctor Neura! This is her brief resume:

Doctor Neura is an advanced neurologist who is able to reset your character's mental attributes, at the cost of some caps. The cost is equal to player's level time 100. If your player is broke and can't afford it, Neura is willing to do it with whatever money the player has; how generous! She is located in Memory Den of Goodneighbor and usually bangs out near Dr Amari.

Added in v1.1.0. Clean save not req.

On 4/18/2018 at 8:08 AM, CrantiusColto said:

Having an issue with the HUD plugin. None of the values are registering properly, just showing 0% for all the attributes. =\

Try uninstalling the HUD plugin and reinstalling it. Don't forget to follow uninstall instructions for the HUD plugin, otherwise you will get HUD that stays after uninstallation.

-NEW: Devious Device Optional Integration. Wearing Devious Devices will now lower player's self-esteem over time! Dominant players will feel humiliated wearing DD and thus will receive increased penalty from it. Submissive and extremely submissive players actually like the DD and are used to them, so they will not lose self-esteem from wearing them. Amount lost is configurable in MCM. If you don't have DD installed, it will be ignored, of course.

-CHANGED: Dr. Neura's dialogue is now much shorter and can be skipped with mouse click

-CHANGED: Personality change has been split in two: submissive personality change and dominant personality change. Now you can enable/disable each individually.

(Clean save not required when upgrading from 1.x.x versions. Otherwise, it is required)

More on Self-Esteem lost from wearing DD:

Players will lose self-esteem over time when the mod detects that he/she is wearing DD items (any). The amount lost depends on the player's Dominant/Submissive orientation. By default, the base value lost is 1 self-esteem per hour from wearing DD and can be changed in MCM.

If player is:

Extremely dominant, will lose 3x the base amount

Dominant, will lose 2x the base amount

Slightly dominant, will lose 1.5x the base amount

Normal, will lose base amount

Slightly submissive, will lose 0.5x the base amount

Submissive or extremely submissive, will not lose any

Slightly submissive players are getting more comfortable being submissive, but not enough to not feel humiliated wearing DD in public

Submissive and extr submissive players have fully embraced their submissive personality, and don't feel humiliated by wearing them. This is one of the benefits of being submissive, and penalties for being dominant, which I think should balance them out more.

Clean save is required if upgrading from v0.x.x

When upgrading from v1.x.x, clean save is not required

Also, had a good chat with @Kimy and he (or she?) has graciously agreed to add custom events to DD framework that this mod can use to introduce more ways to struggle out of restraints! When that is done, players will be able to use willpower to struggle out of DD restraints, in addition to escape options currently available.

Can't get the HUD to show up again after updating to version 1.2.1. Worked before, fully stopped now and i uninstalled it via MCM, clean saved and even removed the left overs from the save game as a last resort.

18 minutes ago, CGi said:

Can't get the HUD to show up again after updating to version 1.2.1. Worked before, fully stopped now and i uninstalled it via MCM, clean saved and even removed the left overs from the save game as a last resort.

How did you install v1.2.1? Did you just replace the old one or do a clean save? If former, it should be fine. If the latter, did you also uninstall the HUD plugin? 

The HUD plugin doesn't need to be uninstalled/reinstalled when upgrading FP Attributes. You can just install it once, and leave it be, at least according to the code and my experience :tongue:

21 minutes ago, twistedtrebla said:

How did you install v1.2.1? Did you just replace the old one or do a clean save? If former, it should be fine. If the latter, did you also uninstall the HUD plugin? 

The HUD plugin doesn't need to be uninstalled/reinstalled when upgrading FP Attributes. You can just install it once, and leave it be, at least according to the code and my experience :tongue:

First i only updated to 1.2.1, then i reinstalled the HUD plugin and then i reinstalled both completly. No luck so far. The HUD doesn't even show up on a new game. :confused:

36 minutes ago, CGi said:

First i only updated to 1.2.1, then i reinstalled the HUD plugin and then i reinstalled both completly. No luck so far. The HUD doesn't even show up on a new game. :confused:

So the HUD stopped showing after doing an inplace upgrade to 1.2.1? That's strange... The HUD code hasn't been touched in a while. Sorry I have no idea what's going on. Maybe try reinstall of HUD framework? 

14 minutes ago, twistedtrebla said:

So the HUD stopped showing after doing an inplace upgrade to 1.2.1? That's strange... The HUD code hasn't been touched in a while. Sorry I have no idea what's going on. Maybe try reinstall of HUD framework? 

Figured it out. iHUD choked on something. Cleaned my save from iHUD and AttributeHUD, reinstalled iHUD then AttributeHUD and everything is back to normal.
Thanks for the help.

Great stuff!   Very cool mechanisms.   This mod might be the only part of the sex modding scene where Fallout 4 beats Skyrim!

I loaded SH and Attributes on a level 13 toon running RSE and DD.   She's still in the DD initial belt and also managed to stumble into the nudity-enforcing slave collar.   Not paying attention to the consequences of futile resistance, she now has almost no self esteem.

I'm wondering if there should be a small amount of level scaling for self-esteem gain?  Experience gain from monster kills and other activities is *not* scaled with player level, but higher level players can kill tougher opponents and I suspect that the later quests award more experience than the earlier quests.   I'm not sure it's worth the complication though.

Would it be hard to track how long a player has been in devious devices?   Maybe via on-equip events?  Some characters might always resent their DD and continue to lose self esteem.   Others might start to accept the devices and start to become more submissive instead of losing self esteem.  In other words, wearing DD for an extended time would help "train" them.  :-)  The personality change toggle sort of supports that but requires the character to hit rock bottom at self esteem first.  Maybe a toggle for "DD train character to be more submissive" ?

7 hours ago, MikeWander said:

Great stuff!   Very cool mechanisms.   This mod might be the only part of the sex modding scene where Fallout 4 beats Skyrim!

I loaded SH and Attributes on a level 13 toon running RSE and DD.   She's still in the DD initial belt and also managed to stumble into the nudity-enforcing slave collar.   Not paying attention to the consequences of futile resistance, she now has almost no self esteem.

I'm wondering if there should be a small amount of level scaling for self-esteem gain?  Experience gain from monster kills and other activities is *not* scaled with player level, but higher level players can kill tougher opponents and I suspect that the later quests award more experience than the earlier quests.   I'm not sure it's worth the complication though.

Would it be hard to track how long a player has been in devious devices?   Maybe via on-equip events?  Some characters might always resent their DD and continue to lose self esteem.   Others might start to accept the devices and start to become more submissive instead of losing self esteem.  In other words, wearing DD for an extended time would help "train" them.  :-)  The personality change toggle sort of supports that but requires the character to hit rock bottom at self esteem first.  Maybe a toggle for "DD train character to be more submissive" ?

Glad you like it!

Experience scaling is an interesting idea. The logic itself is definitely simple to do. It's just finding the right number that scales well is the time consuming part. 

As for tracking how long a player has been wearing DD, you mean consecutively or cumulatively? With the existing "polling" mechanism, the mod can "estimate" how long DD was worn. But it won't be accurate down to the in-game minutes, which I think is OK. Adding a toggle for DD slowly making players more submissive is an interesting idea. I have reservations about adding a new way for players to become submissive without also adding a new way for players to become dominant. But if enough people want this, I may just add it. Depend on how much time I got vs how much demand there is :smile:

14 hours ago, twistedtrebla said:

Glad you like it!

Experience scaling is an interesting idea. The logic itself is definitely simple to do. It's just finding the right number that scales well is the time consuming part. 

As for tracking how long a player has been wearing DD, you mean consecutively or cumulatively? With the existing "polling" mechanism, the mod can "estimate" how long DD was worn. But it won't be accurate down to the in-game minutes, which I think is OK. Adding a toggle for DD slowly making players more submissive is an interesting idea. I have reservations about adding a new way for players to become submissive without also adding a new way for players to become dominant. But if enough people want this, I may just add it. Depend on how much time I got vs how much demand there is :smile:

Yeah, I don't have a clue as to how to scale the experience thing.  You'd kind of want some statistics on how much game time it typically takes players at different levels to gain different amounts of experience.    Researching that might take you down a rabbit hole, so it may not be worth considering.

I meant consecutive hours in DD items.  Probably days, not just hours.

I don't write mods, but I've debugged a few issues and made personal tweaks to a few.  IIRC, whenever a character equips or unequips any armor, there is an event that is fired that any mod could catch.   Just did a quick google -- looks like the OnEquipped event or better yet the OnObjectEquipped event.  If I understand how the engine works, the code to track consecutive time would be  easy - just log the start time when a DD item first appears and turn it off when they've unequipped the last piece.   Actually, a slight enhancement - don't reset the start time on the last unequip.  Instead track the status of whether or not they're wearing any DD items, but remember the old start time.   Next, if they re-equip within a few minutes then don't let that prior unequip count and instead keep the old start time.   That will cover things that temporally and perhaps inappropriately strip DD items.

I can't think of many ways to increase the domination rating offhand - maybe if the player locks devices on others or performs combat rape.  Maybe intimidations.

However, perhaps becoming more dominant isn't the same thing as becoming less submissive...   So, reducing the submission rating (moving it closer to zero) could perhaps work off of different or less dramatic activities than would be needed for increasing domination?   Maybe if you don't wear DD for a while and don't perform any other submissive actions, your rating might get a bit closer to zero?   But not all the way to zero...   Sort of a "live it or lose it" approach.

Anyway, those are some ideas off the top of my head.

So just a quick question on the HUD framework...  I still haven't been able to get it to work.  Not only does it not show anything but zeroes, after reinstalling it it's missing one of the items (I forget which one off hand, but that's not important).  It's also not showing across the top, but in a column on the left side of the screen.  That's not the point though.  My question is, without the HUD, is there a way to check your stats?

2 hours ago, pharfig said:

So just a quick question on the HUD framework...  I still haven't been able to get it to work.  Not only does it not show anything but zeroes, after reinstalling it it's missing one of the items (I forget which one off hand, but that's not important).  It's also not showing across the top, but in a column on the left side of the screen.  That's not the point though.  My question is, without the HUD, is there a way to check your stats?

The effects page (where it lists active food/chem/etc effects) of your pipboy tells you your attribute levels. Though it doesn't give you numbers.

So i have this kinda problem now.

I cant remove debuffs, even i go and see Neura, i uninstalled this improperly and now i cant remove my debuffs even i install this again.

only way i can is load older save, but then i lose some progress.

So is there any other way to remove debuffs ?

5 hours ago, joruuu said:

So i have this kinda problem now.

I cant remove debuffs, even i go and see Neura, i uninstalled this improperly and now i cant remove my debuffs even i install this again.

only way i can is load older save, but then i lose some progress.

So is there any other way to remove debuffs ?

improperly removing a mod that applies a debuff (or buff) without removing said buff/debuff first will result in the buff/debuff being removed without removing the modifiers from said buff/debuff.  The way to fix this is to use the player.modav command to alter your stats to remove the effects of the now missing buff/debuff.  So if you had a debuff that gave you -2 INT, you could do a player.modav intelligence 2 to "fix" it. 

AFAIK that's the only way to remove "missing but still applied" debuffs, and does require console access, so you'd need a console hack mod if you're playing on Survival (since that disables the console).

• 4 weeks later...

@twistedtrebla

I have a several questions first off, I have a download of a FP-Attributes but it is 0.2.3. I checked the dl page and its not listed. Was this file available for dl?

Second question, I made my girl a submissive, but whenever there is sex with another girl. It is my girl that is almost always in the guy position. My question is, does being a sub make it more possible to be in the girl position, or is it just bad rng/bad string of luck? Because last night she was girl 9 out of 40 times. Or is it something else?

Btw she is a lesbian. 

I have done more testing on this issue. I have made my girl have -50 in submissiveness and still the odds are still not great. Out of 25 sex (rape) with my compaions, she was in the girl position only 3 times. Please when you get back take look at this mod, because something is not working correctly.