Can you have too many shoes?

Frankfranky

20 minutes ago, Frankfranky said:

I prefer "La victoire est à nous"

Rotated the foot a fraction at the ball, made just a fraction more space for the vamp, flattened it just a bit and there it is :smile: Sole is exactly the same length and shape, but now it looks like the Blahnik.

manolo3.jpg

You're learning all sorts of tricks!

The words of Paul Neale ring in my head. " I'm still learning new things and I have been using Max from Max 1 ". Except I have only been using max for about a year. That was his reply to me when I commented in amazement on his procedural rope youtube vid. (the max gurus will know who Paul Neale is). One day I will make shoe-laces like this ... mb ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cd42LLTBl5g

hm. Well, now I have a new toy. Substance Painter. there is quite the learning curve. But it has the most awesome baker, and the potential is .... omg there is so much potential. So there won't be new shoes this week. I am learning new tricks. 

I am trying to do water-weave silk taffeta. (I think that is what I am trying to do. Cloth has so many different names, who knew?). So you will have to imagine the shimmer and the sheen. I am not sure exactly how to set up the lighting in Substance yet. Pretend there is an environmental shader on it and a cube map and a the nice mask I am going to lift from the roughness channel.

See the baked normal map on the sole though? A bit OTT. It is supposed to be a ribbed cloth outer with a raised leather inner. I will have to tone it down and rebake it. Like the ugly ridge on the vamp that is supposed to be a gentle curve and the neat little stitches that you can't see .. sigh ...   But I couldn't do that last week :smile:

sb6.jpg

1 hour ago, Sursed said:

I mean what is the wight of these textures in megabytes (difuse and normals)?

oh. That is 4k ... turned into a 1mb jpg pic...., but it is a Substance file image. If I made exactly that into textures they would be about 80mb ea. But I will make 2k compressed textures for release, so ~2-5mb ea. If you guys ever want uncompressed 4k textures for any of my shoes just put a note. Really, unless you are playing the game on a complete potato, the size of the textures won't effect you. It is one pair of shoes. The inventory/world item is a tiny tiny box with tiny tiny low res textures, so  even with 4k 80mb files you will just get a few moments of equip lag while the shoe textures load, unless you give them to everyone in Whiterun, which would probably end badly, and very suddenly.

1 hour ago, Szilla said:

i would like a wedge wooden clogs :smile:

again with the wedges.... my preference is for impractical, delicate, ankle breaking heels. But there is a growing faction for flats/wedges, so I will do something along those lines after I learn what I am doing in Substance Painter and finish my mules.

46 minutes ago, SmedleyDButler said:

I can already hear Olfrid Battle-Born and Eorland Graymane getting together to complain about such treatment.

The old and ugly always complain about the young and beautiful. I, like many others here, I expect, have suffered this all our lives.

On 3/27/2018 at 9:22 AM, Frankfranky said:

The only issue I've found with your shoes is that there don't seem to be enough of them. Considered doing something a bit more... ankle breaking;)?

Archived