1 hour ago, NOOBIV said:

Hey, i'm not sure if they are issues, but i think i found 2
1. I saw a lvl 55 wolf running to me and i said "oh sh*t, my childhood trauma again", then a follower just one shotted the poor dog with an arrow, is that intentional? lvl 55 wolfs have low HP compared to other creatures.
2. I saw a Bandit Boss female with vanilla face, im not sure if this is an issue, since that Bandit Boss was in Helgen Keep, maybe a forgotten Bandit Boss variant by my NPC overhaul

:smiley: will go thru it today to check from the mods side if it, thanks for letting me know

Hello, copy-pasting my question from Nexus incase you miss it:

"Gz for your work.I read there are no known conflicts , but.....what about Requiem?I play Requiem exclusively these days,and as you probably already know, it makes the world static.So how would you integrade your mod into Requiem?suggested load order?"

I fear Requiem with your mod would make the game uplayable for any new-low level char.Do you think you could modify/provide a patch ?Cheers.

2 hours ago, DrN said:

Hello, copy-pasting my question from Nexus incase you miss it:

"Gz for your work.I read there are no known conflicts , but.....what about Requiem?I play Requiem exclusively these days,and as you probably already know, it makes the world static.So how would you integrade your mod into Requiem?suggested load order?"

I fear Requiem with your mod would make the game uplayable for any new-low level char.Do you think you could modify/provide a patch ?Cheers.

Hey thanks, sorry I do not get to nexus much, so Requiem, I need to find out if they created all new templates (most keep the Skyrim templates) so If the Templates are the same, this mod will work with them,(if the templates are the same, then this would have to be at the bottom of the load order of in a bash patch) I will look into it and if I need to make a patch I will do :smile:

19 hours ago, -Caden- said:

Hey thanks, sorry I do not get to nexus much, so Requiem, I need to find out if they created all new templates (most keep the Skyrim templates) so If the Templates are the same, this mod will work with them,(if the templates are the same, then this would have to be at the bottom of the load order of in a bash patch) I will look into it and if I need to make a patch I will do :smile:

The thing with Requiem -as you may know-is that at the beginning even a wolf can kill you if you get hit,archers:90% one -shot you.So if I meet lv 100 bandits at the camp near Helgen ,it will be probably game over.So pls do have a look,I think everybody who plays Requiem is up for some extra challenge-playable one :smile:. it could be a good idea if somehow you can make Riverwood-Whiterun starting area "safe",that is quite low probability to actually encounter a vey high lvl mob.

One question:Does the loot scale with the mob level?if yes, it would be worth risking fighting a high lvl mob indeed.Cheers.

1 hour ago, DrN said:

The thing with Requiem -as you may know-is that at the beginning even a wolf can kill you if you get hit,archers:90% one -shot you.So if I meet lv 100 bandits at the camp near Helgen ,it will be probably game over.So pls do have a look,I think everybody who plays Requiem is up for some extra challenge-playable one :smile:. it could be a good idea if somehow you can make Riverwood-Whiterun starting area "safe",that is quite low probability to actually encounter a vey high lvl mob.

One question:Does the loot scale with the mob level?if yes, it would be worth risking fighting a high lvl mob indeed.Cheers.

I am just waiting for a answer from Requiem on the templates, and the loot does not scale with the bandits, it starts right out of the gate, in the weapon pool, and bandit you meet at level 1 could have a ebony bow, or glass great sword, I unleveled the weapon pool as well, and If it does work with requiem, I can make those around helgen and riverwood weaker to start and get people on there way

The thing is, even if Requiem did change the Templates, if this mod is below Requiem in the load order, it will overwrite the templates requiem changed, and use the templates from this mod, as long as they didn't change the names of the templates

2 hours ago, DrN said:

So they did change the Templates, but that doesn't matter, load order matters. this below requiem will use the changes in this with requiem on the vanilla templates, but they did make there own templates as well, so this week I will download requim and take a look inside it to see what/if I have to do to make a patch

30 minutes ago, Cynical Misanthrope said:

I'm not playing Skyrim today, but this is exactly the kind of mod that I would use. Always hated the lame approach Bethesda use in their games. 

I agree, the game from day one held your hand, and mods like defeat, death alternative, which are some of my favorite mods, become useless later in the game as you level up, now defeat and death alternative will always come into play with mods like this

1 hour ago, -Caden- said:

I am just waiting for a answer from Requiem on the templates, and the loot does not scale with the bandits, it starts right out of the gate, in the weapon pool, and bandit you meet at level 1 could have a ebony bow, or glass great sword, I unleveled the weapon pool as well, and If it does work with requiem, I can make those around helgen and riverwood weaker to start and get people on there way

The thing is, even if Requiem did change the Templates, if this mod is below Requiem in the load order, it will overwrite the templates requiem changed, and use the templates from this mod, as long as they didn't change the names of the templates

I really appreciate that you are spending time for this,many thanks.

On 3/18/2018 at 3:10 PM, -Caden- said:

So they did change the Templates, but that doesn't matter, load order matters. this below requiem will use the changes in this with requiem on the vanilla templates, but they did make there own templates as well, so this week I will download requim and take a look inside it to see what/if I have to do to make a patch

I agree, the game from day one held your hand, and mods like defeat, death alternative, which are some of my favorite mods, become useless later in the game as you level up, now defeat and death alternative will always come into play with mods like this

Aye, I read your question and the answer at Nexus,if you could make a Requiem alternative it would be great, I'm dangerously running out of esp space.I'd gladly take any patch though.Many thanks again.

21 hours ago, NOOBIV said:

Nevermind, the lvl 55 wolves have the correct HP now, maybe it took some time to update.

Yes, sometimes if a ESP is dropped into the middle of a game, you might not see it till there is time for a cell reset

1 hour ago, DrN said:

Aye, I read your question and the answer at Nexus,if you could make a Requiem alternative it would be great, I'm dangerously running out of esp space.I'd gladly take any patch though.Many thanks again.

Working on it, this week work is crazy thou, but this is one of those mods that is perfect for a bash patch

5 minutes ago, -Caden- said:

Yes, sometimes if a ESP is dropped into the middle of a game, you might not see it till there is time for a cell reset

Working on it, this week work is crazy thou, but this is one of those mods that is perfect for a bash patch

ah, about the boss bandit, i saw them have vanilla faces and still under level 10

11 minutes ago, NOOBIV said:

ah, about the boss bandit, i saw them have vanilla faces and still under level 10

I will see what I can find

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I think I found an unintended consequence with using this mod. Soul gem capturing apparently relies on the creature's level instead of its race to determine soul size (I believe anyway. correct me if I'm wrong. It explains what's happening in my game). Because of this and the higher levels in this mod, almost all creatures will give grand souls instead of their usual sizes. I just killed a troll lvl 400 (supposed to be lesser size) and I got the "No soul gem large enough" message. I have empty gems of every size except for grands. I also noticed at the time that all of the empty grand soul gems I bought recently were filled, even though I didn't hunt anything that could do so. This leads me to my conclusion, that soul size are determined by the creature level.

While having easy access to grand souls is nice, it kinda breaks the game and makes smaller gems worthless when empty. Any way to fix this?

P.S.   Thanks for your work.

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to say thanks!  Decided to give this mod a try and from a combat/leveling point of gameplay nothing I've tried in the past has come close to what this has done to making the game more interesting.  Haven't gotten to far into the game to know if it will be a keeper but I like what I've experienced so far.

• 2 months later...
On 12/10/2018 at 4:09 PM, crudo said:

Just wanted to say thanks!  Decided to give this mod a try and from a combat/leveling point of gameplay nothing I've tried in the past has come close to what this has done to making the game more interesting.  Haven't gotten to far into the game to know if it will be a keeper but I like what I've experienced so far.

Just a follow-up, I've now played the mod and have reached level 46 with my character and the game is still challenging, I'm still running from some things, in particular trolls.  It takes everything I've got to take a troll down.  I consider this mod absolutely essential in my game, thanks for the work.  But seriously, those trolls are crazy strong with the self-healing.

12 hours ago, crudo said:

Just a follow-up, I've now played the mod and have reached level 46 with my character and the game is still challenging, I'm still running from some things, in particular trolls.  It takes everything I've got to take a troll down.  I consider this mod absolutely essential in my game, thanks for the work.  But seriously, those trolls are crazy strong with the self-healing.

hahah I havent even logged on in a couple months, so glad to see your enjoying it

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 4:09 PM, crudo said:

thank you and glad you are enjoying it so far

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 4:36 PM, RenFL said:

I think I found an unintended consequence with using this mod. Soul gem capturing apparently relies on the creature's level instead of its race to determine soul size (I believe anyway. correct me if I'm wrong. It explains what's happening in my game). Because of this and the higher levels in this mod, almost all creatures will give grand souls instead of their usual sizes. I just killed a troll lvl 400 (supposed to be lesser size) and I got the "No soul gem large enough" message. I have empty gems of every size except for grands. I also noticed at the time that all of the empty grand soul gems I bought recently were filled, even though I didn't hunt anything that could do so. This leads me to my conclusion, that soul size are determined by the creature level.

While having easy access to grand souls is nice, it kinda breaks the game and makes smaller gems worthless when empty. Any way to fix this?

P.S.   Thanks for your work.

Himmm that is interesting, once I can finally get back into modding I will have to look into this

• 3 months later...

Really like this mod! Only 1 slight problem I found so far.

Leveled skills are essentially useless (calm / fear / frenzy / raise dead) that sorta stuff XD

Also curious if it is possible to play a more combat oriented char with this instead of a stealthy char ;), or is that essentially suicide?

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 9:27 AM, jujoco said:

Really like this mod! Only 1 slight problem I found so far.

Leveled skills are essentially useless (calm / fear / frenzy / raise dead) that sorta stuff XD

Also curious if it is possible to play a more combat oriented char with this instead of a stealthy char ;), or is that essentially suicide?

As far as the spells, well I do not use them so made this to my playstyle, but you could go in and make the max level for spells to work higher, is a quick fix

Combat style you can still do, but now what becomes very important is your armor, smithing and alchemy, even enchantment, to be able to stand toe to toe with some enemies. Paralyze can be used to a benefit as well

1 hour ago, -Caden- said:

As far as the spells, well I do not use them so made this to my playstyle, but you could go in and make the max level for spells to work higher, is a quick fix

Combat style you can still do, but now what becomes very important is your armor, smithing and alchemy, even enchantment, to be able to stand toe to toe with some enemies. Paralyze can be used to a benefit as well

I found another way around it, love that I have to approach combat a little differently :)

I am using conjuration (summons also get level scaled :D) in combination with illusion clones (from apocalypse / ordinator), works quite well!