[solved] Wondering which DD aware mod put a collar on me?

I'm wondering from which mod the sequence below originates. I can't remember to have had it before.

I suspect it is a DD aware mod, but with DDv3 in mind and probably I broke the plot, because I use DDv4 and struggled out if the device.:classic_undecided:

• I had a new dialogue line with Farengar ...something with learning magic
  • He told me something with  "experiment" or similar (can't remember exactly)
  • He put a DD collar on me
  • Aside from the device, I noticed nothing else. No plot, no events, no effects, just the collar.
  • whenever I met him, I had a line to ask him "remove it please" and he always refused ... I should not interrupt the magic at work

In the meantime I managed to escape the collar, but I still have the dialogue with Farengar. So it seems to me, the escape was not detected.

Now I wonder which mod that was?  (... so I can fix that idle script/quest/whatever)

.. and I'm curious what content is to be expected if I put it on again. :classic_blush:

Any hint is welcome!

10 minutes ago, worik said:

I'm wondering from which mod the sequence below originates. I can't remember to have had it before.

I suspect it is a DD aware mod, but with DDv3 in mind and probably I broke the plot, because I use DDv4 and struggled out if the device.:classic_undecided:

• Aside from the device, I noticed nothing else. No plot, no events, no effects, just the collar.
  • whenever I met him, I had a line to ask him "remove it please" and he always refused ... I should not interrupt the magic at work

In the meantime I managed to escape the collar, but I still have the dialogue with Farengar. So it seems to me, the escape was not detected.

Now I wonder which mod that was?  (... so I can fix that idle script/quest/whatever)

.. and I'm curious what content is to be expected if I put it on again. :classic_blush:

Any hint is welcome!

If you still have the collar, you may be able to use console to see what position in your load order the item came from (assuming it isn't literally a generic collar from DDA).  Either drop it on the ground and click on it in console or use the inv command and find it in the list of your inventory items, and check the first two digits against your load order slots.

12 minutes ago, worik said:

Any hint is welcome!

if you struggled out of it when you should not have you should go into mcm under devious devices and change it to born slave lol that's what I do for hard core mode.

I'm not near my game PC right now, but if I remember right it was a DDI device. At least it had the DDv4 escape options ... and I did escape.

Will check later today to make sure.

The questions stays: which mod creates that plot with Farengar?

15 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

IIRC its from DCL and the dialog should start the doll quest

I never had DCL installed in this profile ... could it by a meaningless relict inside DDv4 itself?

But yes : "love magic" was the dialogue line ..

2 hours ago, worik said:

I never had DCL installed in this profile ... could it by a meaningless relict inside DDv4 itself?

atm i work on a new skyrim setup, DCL incl, so i test and see what happend now with DCL 6.3 and DD4

strange enough this dialog doesnt show up always, so maybe its a mod combo?

I had a look with Tes5Edit into DDI and DDx but came up empty... at least nothing captured my eye when I browsed through the dialogue trees....

Strange one! But your hint gave me at least an idea what to look for :classic_smile:

I think this dialogue is from Devious Cidhna. The mod adds some more elsewhere, such as on the son of the jarl in riften (what a fine nobleman...), or the silverblood watchdog in front of the haunted house in markarth (no hard feeling, after the escape from the mine if thonar was killed and madanach is alive i think).

1 hour ago, Clockwinding said:

Devious Cidhna

I have that mod installed, but could not find a matching dialogue line in the esp. :classic_unsure:

Angrims Apprentice was also on my candidate list but I found nothing again.

I know, I know I'm out in the jungle on a very strange treasure hunt :classic_wink:

• 2 weeks later...
On 10.3.2018 at 1:42 PM, worik said:

I have that mod installed, but could not find a matching dialogue line in the esp. :classic_unsure:

Angrims Apprentice was also on my candidate list but I found nothing again.

I know, I know I'm out in the jungle on a very strange treasure hunt :classic_wink:

i have no DCidhna installed

but DCL

=> no dialog option about a love spell

=> will check again once i made some quests and lvls

gl with the treasure hunt =D

19 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

=> will check again once i made some quests and lvls

My treasure hunt is so far still looking for the pile of gold under the dragons backside ... nothing yet .. :confused:

On 3/10/2018 at 2:23 AM, worik said:

i found it

Devious Cidhna

it is part of a quest in that mod .... the quest is DvCidhna_Prey

not sure of what the exact requirements are for that line to appear (or what happens afterward)

8 hours ago, valcon767 said:

Devious Cidhna

Thank you :smile:

I'll have a dedicated look at that quest tomorrow.

Funny side note : Until now, the quest that puts me into Cidhna has not even stared. I've made a wide circle around Eltrys just to avoid that quest line for later...

12 hours ago, valcon767 said:

i found it

Now I 've found it too

:classic_smile:

Though i'm still trying to figure out, how i triggered that quest and what I'm supposed to do now ...

The point is that I escaped that collar and am now unsure if I broke that quest ... hmmmmmmm

Archived