Hello:

I know this may be a dumb question but I met the problem with the cyborg stuff making the whole body disappear too. I saw your last comment but I don't know exactly what to do here. So what am I doing in the BodySlide to solve the problem? (I mean I already run bodyslide normally and it doesn't appear in game still.

1 hour ago, peteretea said:

Hello:

I know this may be a dumb question but I met the problem with the cyborg stuff making the whole body disappear too. I saw your last comment but I don't know exactly what to do here. So what am I doing in the BodySlide to solve the problem? (I mean I already run bodyslide normally and it doesn't appear in game still.

It's hard to say what could be going wrong.  Dwarven Cyborg Collection has a lot of categories in BodySlide, could you have forgotten to run one that you needed?  What do clothing items from the Accessories category look like?

Emm.... I think I found out that there is no preset going with the cyborgs. When I click in preview it shows a shape with the "no image" texture on it. For everything I chose from the outfit/body section there are no presets to choose from. Is there something wrong with my bodyslide?

57 minutes ago, peteretea said:

Emm.... I think I found out that there is no preset going with the cyborgs. When I click in preview it shows a shape with the "no image" texture on it. For everything I chose from the outfit/body section there are no presets to choose from. Is there something wrong with my bodyslide?

I assume you can build other outfits with UNP based presets, right?  I only have a basic understanding of BodySlide, that stuff is part of the Dwarven Cyborg Collection mod.  I'll go ahead and tag @AVS in and we'll see if he has any ideas about what's going on.

11 hours ago, peteretea said:

10 hours ago, Holzfrau said:

I assume you can build other outfits with UNP based presets, right?  I only have a basic understanding of BodySlide, that stuff is part of the Dwarven Cyborg Collection mod.  I'll go ahead and tag @AVS in and we'll see if he has any ideas about what's going on.

For the most part I'd just refer back to the post I recently made in the DCC thread for some other people who were having similar problems. It's most likely an installation error of some kind, so you need to make sure you have all the components unzipped to the right places, that your copy of Bodyslide is relatively up to date, that everything's ending up in the right folders, etc. 

From what you're describing, I'd particularly check two things. First, that Bodyslide is set to the right game. That 'no image' thing should only happen when Bodyslide can't find the folder or .bsa file the textures are stored in. The vast majority of the meshes used in the mod, particularly the ones on the bodies themselves, simply point to the default Skyrim body and Dwarven texture sets, so them not showing up means that Bodyslide is probably looking in the wrong place. Bethesda uses a more or less common folder structure throughout all of their games, so Bodyslide's multi-game support cheats a bit by only actually looking at the folder structure from the 'Data' folder onwards once you point it at a particular game's topmost folder in its settings. It's perfectly happy to then open Skyrim files while still set to output everything to Fallout 4's Data folder, for example, but you'll end up with that whole missing texture thing in the preview. If you don't have the preview open and just try to quickly batch-build everything, it's pretty easy to miss it. I speak from experience on that.

Secondly, the 'no presets' thing usually stems from an oddity with how Bodyslide's 'slider groups' thing seems to work. If you open a group's file, you'll see that it lists all of the base shapes in the group twice; once under the group's name, which is what you need to get them to show up as that group, and again under the body type that they're built to. Leaving out that redundant body type list, for whatever damn reason, causes Bodyslide to not display any body presets for the group. I'm mostly speculating here, but I suspect it'll do the same thing if the slider information for the specific body type isn't present. In this case everything's built to UUNP, so if you for example had installed Bodyslide with only the CBBE data, I'd expect to see a similar result. Or, again, if it was pointed at the wrong game, as it seems to store the body type data for each specific game in the folder structure of that game.  I haven't really done a whole lot of digging into it outside of Skyrim, though, so I could be wrong in my assumptions. But that's where I'd start looking. 

'Cause otherwise you've got something seriously screwy going on. 

Hi

I prepare a small quest mod about dwemer cybernetization.

I remarked your mod, which seems a nice improvement of Dwarven cyborg collection. My objective is to turn (and return to human possibly) humans and maybe 10 NPCs in cyborgs.

It is possible ?

How I can implement this in CK ?

Thanks in advance

On 11/16/2018 at 12:00 PM, Delzaron said:

Hi

I prepare a small quest mod about dwemer cybernetization.

I remarked your mod, which seems a nice improvement of Dwarven cyborg collection. My objective is to turn (and return to human possibly) humans and maybe 10 NPCs in cyborgs.

It is possible ?

How I can implement this in CK ?

Thanks in advance

Yes, it is possible - I had you in mind when I added mod event support!  You will need to use a script to do it, the Info for Modders section of the main mod post will show you how.

On 11/17/2018 at 12:43 AM, peteretea said:

Think I got the problem. I don't have the rest of the parts... Sorry for wasting your time.

Also, where do I get those extra stuff such as DW pony?

I'm not sure which item you're referring to here.  I don't have support for all the Dwarven Cyborg Collection items, but most of them are working or can be done as one of your BAF builds.

6 hours ago, Holzfrau said:

Yes, it is possible - I had you in mind when I added mod event support!  You will need to use a script to do it, the Info for Modders section of the main mod post will show you how.

I'm not sure which item you're referring to here.  I don't have support for all the Dwarven Cyborg Collection items, but most of them are working or can be done as one of your BAF builds.

I fixed my bodyslide and got all of them. Thanks for helping:)

• 2 weeks later...

First, wow, love the idea, the work load of getting this all to work is great, though I am having some oddities.

A.  Not so great with BodySlide (rather avoided it as much as possible because it was mainly CBBE and well, yeah, didn't like that, not my preference).

B.  I'm using the All-In-One HDT Animated Pussy with the UUNP body (which I do like using the UNPB style).

C.  Tried setting it to that in the BodySlide and rebuilding it and the parts, but for some bizarre reason nothing matches in scaling.

D.  The bikini (part where I presume the normal female body shows up) parts only sets, seem to have massive holes below the breasts and at the leg joint to the hips, but only those.

E.  The textured bodies work properly.

F.  The "Bionic arms and legs" work perfectly with the existing body without any troubles.

G.  Aside from F, the rest of the body scaling doesn't match, that I've seen, not looked since I messed with BodySlide (wow, can't say the acronym for that).

H. A suggestion, for "immersion", there is a cyborg race on LL and I modded it (personally) to make the "transformation" make the player part of the Dwemer Cyborg faction, so they're friendly.  You could use the construct's "napping station" for part alterations and perhaps requiring metal to make the parts and hours to create them.

GuruSR.

@Holzfrau Do the items from this have the Anti-Stripping keywords (or tags) for example NoStrip applied to them to ensure that they stay put? So that the augmented body remains complete with its augmentations.

This is especially important when using it with SexLab, SerialStrip, ZaZ Animation Pack and Devious Devices as the actions performed may remove them otherwise.

4 hours ago, GuruSR said:

First, wow, love the idea, the work load of getting this all to work is great, though I am having some oddities.

A.  Not so great with BodySlide (rather avoided it as much as possible because it was mainly CBBE and well, yeah, didn't like that, not my preference).

B.  I'm using the All-In-One HDT Animated Pussy with the UUNP body (which I do like using the UNPB style).

C.  Tried setting it to that in the BodySlide and rebuilding it and the parts, but for some bizarre reason nothing matches in scaling.

D.  The bikini (part where I presume the normal female body shows up) parts only sets, seem to have massive holes below the breasts and at the leg joint to the hips, but only those.

F.  The "Bionic arms and legs" work perfectly with the existing body without any troubles.

G.  Aside from F, the rest of the body scaling doesn't match, that I've seen, not looked since I messed with BodySlide (wow, can't say the acronym for that).

H. A suggestion, for "immersion", there is a cyborg race on LL and I modded it (personally) to make the "transformation" make the player part of the Dwemer Cyborg faction, so they're friendly.  You could use the construct's "napping station" for part alterations and perhaps requiring metal to make the parts and hours to create them.

GuruSR.

I'm not real knowledgeable on BodySlide, so most of these items belong in the Dwarven Cyborg Collection thread.  But I'll comment on the items I can:

F. Those items use your regular body, they're just dwarven boots and/or gauntlets with a little extra decoration.

H. I don't think I know that mod, could you link it so I can have a look?  Just be forewarned that I've always intended Dwarven Augmentation to be a framework type mod, so I can't make any promises on implementing your suggestion.

1 hour ago, KLongad Sirtup said:

@Holzfrau Do the items from this have the Anti-Stripping keywords (or tags) for example NoStrip applied to them to ensure that they stay put? So that the augmented body remains complete with its augmentations.

This is especially important when using it with SexLab, SerialStrip, ZaZ Animation Pack and Devious Devices as the actions performed may remove them otherwise.

They do not, because I would have to add those other mods as requirements to use their keywords.  Dwarven Augmentation does try to re-equip items immediately after they have been removed, though.

6 hours ago, Holzfrau said:

I'm not real knowledgeable on BodySlide, so most of these items belong in the Dwarven Cyborg Collection thread.  But I'll comment on the items I can:

F. Those items use your regular body, they're just dwarven boots and/or gauntlets with a little extra decoration.

H. I don't think I know that mod, could you link it so I can have a look?  Just be forewarned that I've always intended Dwarven Augmentation to be a framework type mod, so I can't make any promises on implementing your suggestion.

They do not, because I would have to add those other mods as requirements to use their keywords.  Dwarven Augmentation does try to re-equip items immediately after they have been removed, though.

I'll re-ask the same stuff in the other thread, I had it there but I cut it from there to post here, I'll strip out what wasn't relevant there and repost.  But yes, the Cyborg is part of TCRA and the link is TCRA.  If I set it up a specific way then TCRA's enhanced cyborg mode doesn't cause your items to vanish, plus having that head beam is so much fun.  Brings out the old "Exterminate!  Exterminate!  Exterminate!" to mind.

GuruSR.

On 12/1/2018 at 12:05 PM, KLongad Sirtup said:

I don't know if the keywords are entirely needed, at least in the case of the force-equipped cyborg parts. It's been my experience that SexLab will strip them at the start of a scene, but the Augumentation script immediately re-equips them. And it's easy enough to add things to the NoStrip list using the Strip Items Editor in SexLab's MCM, regardless. 

If there's a quick and clean way to do it, though, it's probably worthwhile.

On 12/1/2018 at 8:37 AM, GuruSR said:

GuruSR.

A reasonable familiarity with BodySlide would be a useful thing to have here, as I took advantage of a number of its tricks to build the meshes. That being said, most of the problems you're reporting are... confusing. I don't personally use AIO, so it's possible there's some conflict introduced with it. The cyborg meshes were built with the UUNP HDT reference body packaged with Outfit Studio, and should match up normally to any UUNP-based body preset. (The one I've personally been using all along is a slight edit of BodySlide's UNPB preset.) The 'massive holes' are something I'd have to see a picture of to have a clearer idea of what's going on. The only thing that immediately comes to mind are the texture gaps that occur when using a CBBE-based body with a UNP-based texture. It obviously can't be that since there isn't a CBBE version of this mod, but I believe something similar happens when you do it the other way around. So my immediate question would be; Are you sure your AIO is actually UUNP? I'm not at all familiar with it or how it works, but everything else you're saying sounds like it isn't. 

On 12/1/2018 at 12:32 PM, KLongad Sirtup said:

@Holzfrau There's a keyword or tag in vanilla Skyrim which you can apply that can help with this. In addition to the current method for handling this. Speaking to @Kimy will help as they have dealt with this before on many occasions.

On 12/1/2018 at 2:02 PM, KLongad Sirtup said:

@Holzfrau Also ask them about "soft dependencies" which are different from "hard dependencies" in that they are completely optional. It is possible using Papyrus and SKSE together when scripting. Especially ask about the capabilities of "soft dependencies" when scripting and how to do it if possible.

The only vanilla keywords I see being used for these are MagicDisallowEnchanting and VendorNoSale, which I'm already using as well.  It's not possible to add keywords to objects at runtime (how a soft dependency would have to be done), it must be done in the Creation Kit as a hard dependency.  Deviously Cursed Loot already has Devious Devices and SexLab as hard requirements, so it can use their keywords freely.

Something interesting I found when I was looking into this is that it appears that SexLab will not strip an item if it has any keyword that contains the string "NoStrip", so I should be able to trick it by adding my own "NoStrip" keyword (the same trick works for "AlwaysStrip", although that's not applicable to this mod).  Thought you might like to know this too, @AVS.

18 hours ago, Holzfrau said:

Something interesting I found when I was looking into this is that it appears that SexLab will not strip an item if it has any keyword that contains the string "NoStrip", so I should be able to trick it by adding my own "NoStrip" keyword (the same trick works for "AlwaysStrip", although that's not applicable to this mod).  Thought you might like to know this too, @AVS.

That does sound like it could be handy, yeah. I'll have to try it out on my current project.

Although the idea of going back and adding it in to everything is just a bit daunting. So many armor entries...

Edit:  Gave this a quick test by adding an 'AlwaysStrip' keyword to my current bikini project, and yeah. Seems to work seamlessly. Neat.

(oh god all the keyword editing)

1 hour ago, KLongad Sirtup said:

@Holzfrau @AVS Marking an item as a quest item also helps. So that what doesn't listen to "NoStrip" will obey an item being a "Quest Item" they are not allowed to be dropped or removed. 

Yep, that's the main mechanism I use in Dwarven Augmentation to keep items on characters.

On 12/3/2018 at 12:24 PM, AVS said:

A reasonable familiarity with BodySlide would be a useful thing to have here, as I took advantage of a number of its tricks to build the meshes. That being said, most of the problems you're reporting are... confusing. I don't personally use AIO, so it's possible there's some conflict introduced with it. The cyborg meshes were built with the UUNP HDT reference body packaged with Outfit Studio, and should match up normally to any UUNP-based body preset. (The one I've personally been using all along is a slight edit of BodySlide's UNPB preset.) The 'massive holes' are something I'd have to see a picture of to have a clearer idea of what's going on. The only thing that immediately comes to mind are the texture gaps that occur when using a CBBE-based body with a UNP-based texture. It obviously can't be that since there isn't a CBBE version of this mod, but I believe something similar happens when you do it the other way around. So my immediate question would be; Are you sure your AIO is actually UUNP? I'm not at all familiar with it or how it works, but everything else you're saying sounds like it isn't. 

Well, the lack of interest in the BodySlide was basically because it'd been long only CBBE and I dislike CBBE, personal preference, liked the UNPB better, which is the preset I picked for the UUNP when I did it, though I believe I messed the sliders up.  The large holes, are odd, and only happened in the bikini set where it wasn't 100%, like arms, legs, and skin body, then I saw it.  But it's clearly not the UUNP body I have (the texture), because it didn't look the same and yes, I am using the UUNP set from the HDT AiO set, which is why I went UUNP in the first place, there was a UNPB "preset mesh".  I know it's the UUNP set because I dislike mod installers, prefer to manually do it myself to monitor what goes where (takes me a while longer to install something, but I see where everything goes and can ensure what is there *is* what I want).  I opened the CK up and looked at the DwemFatale and sure enough, he used a CBBE body and texture, after copying my default ones into the appropriate folders (actors/character/DwemFatale) in both Meshes and Textures, poof, works as expected.  Sorry about that, but now if anyone wants to see that DwemFatale with the UUNP BodySlide body AND these parts, then that is what you need to do!  And her killer eye still works, just don't copy the head in, body and hands seems to be enough.

GuruSR.

On 12/4/2018 at 6:08 AM, AVS said:

Although the idea of going back and adding it in to everything is just a bit daunting. So many armor entries...

Tes5Edit ships with an "Add Keywords" script that you can quite easily modifiy to suit your own keyword and armor (or whatever other thing). Then it's just a matter of selecting all the armor items in the left panel and running the script and the keyword will appear on all of them.