Nice looking mod...

From the description, currently... it seems like its a voluntary thing, you go into MCM and mutilate yourself with Dwarven body modifications.

I know you have plans to incorporate them into the world, but I have a few ideas...

- Deviously Cursed Loot plugin, to add it to the rare Cursed Loot trap list. It would have to have certain cursed loot item blocking, and as well as stopping your mod from firing if there is a cursed item already on the slots you use.

Eg... No have no arms, this would stop armbinders, yokes, mittens, certain harnesses that fasten arms, arm related items.

- Cheap solutions... you've lost an arm or two, talk to a smithy guy or gal, to buy a cheap arm, it has a 2% chance to break during combat and is pretty costly, but it'll stop you from whoring yourself out 24 hours a day to get money.

Sort of like this... YouTube Red Dwarf Video... Pick up the ball.

- No arms... you can't pick up things, no lockpicking, you can't use magic or weapons, you can't earn money from ransacking dungeons. The only option would be to become a prostitute until you earn enough to remove the items, or get some new arms. Deviously Cursed Loot has some excellent prostitute MCM options.

Just some ideas... :smile:

1 hour ago, Krazyone said:

From the description, currently... it seems like its a voluntary thing, you go into MCM and mutilate yourself with Dwarven body modifications.

I know you have plans to incorporate them into the world, but I have a few ideas...

I don't really have any plans to incorporate the items into the world.  However, the next release will have mod events that can be used by other mods to put pieces on characters.

- Deviously Cursed Loot plugin, to add it to the rare Cursed Loot trap list. It would have to have certain cursed loot item blocking, and as well as stopping your mod from firing if there is a cursed item already on the slots you use.

Eg... No have no arms, this would stop armbinders, yokes, mittens, certain harnesses that fasten arms, arm related items.

Unfortunately, Deviously Cursed Loot doesn't work that way.  For anything to work with DCL's traps, the mod author (Kimy) has to add support for it directly.

Cheap solutions... you've lost an arm or two, talk to a smithy guy or gal, to buy a cheap arm, it has a 2% chance to break during combat and is pretty costly, but it'll stop you from whoring yourself out 24 hours a day to get money.

This is outside the scope of what I'm looking to do here.  Right now, I want to stay on top of new additions to Dwarven Cyborg Collection (there are a LOT on the way).

No arms... you can't pick up things, no lockpicking, you can't use magic or weapons, you can't earn money from ransacking dungeons. The only option would be to become a prostitute until you earn enough to remove the items, or get some new arms. Deviously Cursed Loot has some excellent prostitute MCM options.

Sorry, but this is in the "never going to happen" category.  My biggest frustration with the Devious line of mods is that getting locked in an arm restraint is a showstopper - it severely limits what you can do and you have no choice but to play around it.  I have no interest in adding those kind of punishing restrictions.  You can always roleplay whatever restrictions you want, though.

• 2 months later...

A thought on the unarmed attacks.

What if you left unarmed damage unchanged, but cast an incredibly short buff spell on attack with the augmented arm? Probably script heavy, 

That or you get given and auto equip a 'weapon' with no model that uses the fist animation.

I know both skyre and perma have spells that buff one handed weapons, maybe one of those could be set to permanent-while-membered?

As for the bare arm visual always, isn't the solution to that to make a version of the arms+body for every single type of gauntlet/legs (or just a right and left only version for each armor)? Seems like it'd be a tedious week in outfit studio, plus working out how to use the right model.  But brute force fixes everything, right? =D

1 hour ago, Demondrakex said:

cast an incredibly short buff spell on attack with the augmented arm?

The root of the problem is not being able to tell which arm is being used.  Your suggestion here doesn't get me any closer to figuring that out, unfortunately.

That or you get given and auto equip a 'weapon' with no model that uses the fist animation.

Having one of the arms 'locked' into an invisible unarmed weapon (like if one is a bladed arm from the Bikini set) is probably feasible.  I'll have to think that one through a bit to make sure it will work.

It gets a lot messier if the augmented arm could also hold a regular weapon, like one of the Eldhildil or Gynoid arms.

As for the bare arm visual always, isn't the solution to that to make a version of the arms+body for every single type of gauntlet/legs (or just a right and left only version for each armor)? Seems like it'd be a tedious week in outfit studio, plus working out how to use the right model.  But brute force fixes everything, right? =D

Do you mean "working out how to use the right model" as in hot-swapping to a different model as different gauntlets/boots are equipped?  I'm afraid it doesn't work that way - an augmentation that modifies the hands/feet will occupy that equip slot and prevent anything from being equipped there.  So there's no way to detect what would be intended to be worn on the bare/normal hand/foot.

You can't tell which arm is being used? I haven't looked at the guts of the animation system, but it isn't like you auto combo them. Left clicks and right clicks must be seperated in the system at some point...

Does this thread help? https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/713551-scripting-help-how-to-tell-if-an-actor-is-attacking/

2 hours ago, Holzfrau said:

Do you mean "working out how to use the right model" as in hot-swapping to a different model as different gauntlets/boots are equipped?  I'm afraid it doesn't work that way - an augmentation that modifies the hands/feet will occupy that equip slot and prevent anything from being equipped there.  So there's no way to detect what would be intended to be worn on the bare/normal hand/foot.

PC Exclusive Armor Path - PCEAr is doing something similar. When the player finds some armour it gets swapped out for a different armor item that uses a different model. Might be able to just change the script to check your current limbness on pickup and swap in a pair of gloves/chest/boots that acts the same but renders correctly.

Are you storing the parts in body slots 34 and 37, in place of the hands and feet slots? I feel like you should be using 53/54 and 58/59 which are labelled RLeg/LLeg/LArm/RArm but go unused in the base game.

Actually, looking at dwarven cyborg collection, why is it doing full body replacement? I feel like you should have the torso with no arms and legs as the base normal body (similar to how the normal skyrim body is missing the head, hands and feet), and then have healthy bits be default and all other legs as piecemeal equipment using the extra slots.

...I just suggested that you reimplement morrowind style armor. That might be a little overzealous.

7 hours ago, Demondrakex said:

You can't tell which arm is being used? I haven't looked at the guts of the animation system, but it isn't like you auto combo them. Left clicks and right clicks must be seperated in the system at some point...

Does this thread help? https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/713551-scripting-help-how-to-tell-if-an-actor-is-attacking/

That thread does in fact help.  It got me on the right track for your 'short term buff' idea.  I've got something prototyped that should work, and it's not script-heavy at all.

PC Exclusive Armor Path - PCEAr is doing something similar. When the player finds some armour it gets swapped out for a different armor item that uses a different model. Might be able to just change the script to check your current limbness on pickup and swap in a pair of gloves/chest/boots that acts the same but renders correctly.

I appreciate your enthusiasm for this, but I don't see it happening.  For starters, I don't have models for the gauntlet/greave variations for each armor type, those are up to DCC's author to create.

Each augmentation is a single piece of equipment, which is stored in a quest alias when the mod equips it to an actor (this is to prevent actions that scripting can't stop, like dropping).  One solution would be to part out each augmentation so I can swap the hands/feet independently, which would require more quest aliases and a more complicated system to track them.  Another solution would be to create a complete augmentation item for every combination of armor and mixed hands/feet.  Either way is a lot more brute force than I'm willing to apply.

Swapping the model paths on the fly won't cut it either, because it will apply to every actor using that particular ArmorAddon piece.

Are you storing the parts in body slots 34 and 37, in place of the hands and feet slots? I feel like you should be using 53/54 and 58/59 which are labelled RLeg/LLeg/LArm/RArm but go unused in the base game.

Actually, looking at dwarven cyborg collection, why is it doing full body replacement? I feel like you should have the torso with no arms and legs as the base normal body (similar to how the normal skyrim body is missing the head, hands and feet), and then have healthy bits be default and all other legs as piecemeal equipment using the extra slots.

...I just suggested that you reimplement morrowind style armor. That might be a little overzealous.

I don't handle any of the model editing/OS stuff, I just hook it all up to in-game effects.  However, I'm pretty sure the models are built the way they are for maximum compatibility with other Skyrim equipment.

On 7/19/2018 at 2:50 PM, Holzfrau said:

I appreciate your enthusiasm for this, but I don't see it happening.  For starters, I don't have models for the gauntlet/greave variations for each armor type, those are up to DCC's author to create.

The -BAF- set- when I manage to actually get the damn thing out- will have most of the possible hand a foot combos, and making those was a paaaaaaain. Each possible combination has to be its own output model and CK entry, and each possible component increases the number of variations exponentially. I skipped doing mix & matches between the four Gynoid feet types because I simply had to draw the line somewhere after it had already gotten into dozens of variants between the different body sets. And while I did toss a bare foot into the boots set, I had to skip the bare hand because trying to add the model into my existing glove pile and then conforming it to the arm sliders did terrible, terrible things. I think I'm going to have to completely rebuild that group to get those to work, which is something I'm not interested in doing until some future update.

On 7/19/2018 at 7:10 AM, Demondrakex said:

On 7/19/2018 at 2:50 PM, Holzfrau said:

I don't handle any of the model editing/OS stuff, I just hook it all up to in-game effects.  However, I'm pretty sure the models are built the way they are for maximum compatibility with other Skyrim equipment.

Pretty much exactly this, yes. The initial version that only included some variations of the Bikini body was intended to supplement TAWOBA, which uses a lot of those 'unused' slots for its equipment. And then I added in the conversions of the Gynoid body, which uses them for some of its native add-ons. Particularly the thigh armors, which use those RLeg/LLeg slots. The forearm armors originally used the arm slots, but I switched them over to all using the 'forearm' slot 34 when I found that items set to those arm slots tended to not actually show up in first-person in-game. Which sacrificed the mix & match potential of being on individual slots, but meh. 

One of my guiding principles has been to try to work within the limitations of Skyrim's system as much as I can. A major inspiration for my project was the Dwarven Amputee mod, which works pretty much how Demondrakex is suggesting; the 'base body' is the limbless Bikini set-type body, while the limbs are add-on parts that plug onto that limbless body. It's a clever and elegant idea that has the single problem of not always entirely working. For whatever damn reason, it'll sometimes plop floating hands and feet onto you regardless of the limbs equipped. Skyrim really wants there to be hands and feet and so forth on the model, and can get very flaky if you try to take them off in a way it doesn't expect you to. 

(I've actually run into something similar with the shaved heads in the Extras pack, where I've found that if you have two copies of the same NPC model with them equipped in the same cell, one of them will always get the mother#@$%ing supposed-to-be-disabled-by-the-slot-blockouts slot 41 helmet hair mesh slapped onto them over the shaved head mesh when you reload the cell. I have no idea why it's doing it, much less how to fix it, and it annoys the piss out of me.)

The thing is, even there the limbs were paired. Trying to use a similar idea to bypass the paired-limbs restriction Holzfrau's working with definitely will not work. The hands and feet being paired in the same .nif is something that Skyrim rigorously enforces. There's no way to replace one hand and leave the other bare or in a particular glove without building a .nif file that includes the replacement hand and the bare hand or glove that you want to use. Skyrim will display that, or nothing. Building a whole hand and arm into a single .nif that's set to one of the arm slots is technically feasible, but Skyrim will only consistently display the paired upper body slots- 32, 33, and 34- in first-person view. So its usability would be severely restricted. 

And logistically, doing a limbless base torso with full add-on limbs would be pretty iffy given the differences between the base bodies and the way everything's built using zaps in OS. I'd probably have to go back to using 'physically cut' meshes like the source mods did instead of generating everything on the fly in Bodyslide, and having separate base meshes for each set instead of the unified base I put together for the -BAF- project. The mix & match on the limb types from -BAF- would be more difficult, since they each need their own connection type to the torso- something that's easy to do with zaps and the unified base shape mesh, but that would raise issues in any kind of 'separated limb' scenario, even before you get to the question of how exactly the 'healthy limb' parts would work. And then there's the whole chore of generating those limbs and changing all the slot assignments and making the CK entries... Bleh. 

Doing them as straightforward body replacers without trying to reinvent any wheels is just so much simpler. 

On 7/23/2018 at 8:25 AM, AVS said:

One of my guiding principles has been to try to work within the limitations of Skyrim's system as much as I can. A major inspiration for my project was the Dwarven Amputee mod, which works pretty much how Demondrakex is suggesting; the 'base body' is the limbless Bikini set-type body, while the limbs are add-on parts that plug onto that limbless body.

Hah, I knew there was something that worked that way. I had a serious moment of doubt for my own sanity when I realized your mod wasn't that mod. xD

The thing is, even there the limbs were paired. Trying to use a similar idea to bypass the paired-limbs restriction Holzfrau's working with definitely will not work. The hands and feet being paired in the same .nif is something that Skyrim rigorously enforces. There's no way to replace one hand and leave the other bare or in a particular glove without building a .nif file that includes the replacement hand and the bare hand or glove that you want to use. Skyrim will display that, or nothing. Building a whole hand and arm into a single .nif that's set to one of the arm slots is technically feasible, but Skyrim will only consistently display the paired upper body slots- 32, 33, and 34- in first-person view. So its usability would be severely restricted. 

Ah, now, I always use The Joy of Perspective to load the 3rd-person body into 1st person view so I hadn't considered that only specific parts would be loaded. Very important point.

I mentioned in my last post, but PC Exclusive Armor Path was what I was thinking of to do mismatched arms before I got into the slot stuff. It detects an item being picked up and swaps it to a different item with a different model. The insane person in me thinks you could slap a 'what limbs do we have' check on that script to pick the correct model for the current character, and then pick from the 50 billion items that are built in for each possible combination.

Still, if there isn't something else causing the prosthetics to display (thus lowering the types need to left, right, right and left and neither) I can't begin to imagine the rats nest of code you'd need to do for every single type of arm x armor combo, much less the models involved.

Doing them as straightforward body replacers without trying to reinvent any wheels is just so much simpler. 

I get that, but doesn't that mean that wearing any armor at all will mess things up since base skyrim armor is also a body replacement?

On 7/25/2018 at 1:18 AM, Demondrakex said:

Ah, now, I always use The Joy of Perspective to load the 3rd-person body into 1st person view so I hadn't considered that only specific parts would be loaded. Very important point.

I believe I tried that, or possibly another mod that does something similar, way back when it first came out. Didn't really care for it, in large part because there was way too much overhead involved. Didn't really bother with the concept again until I came across Immersive First Person, which does a similar enough job by basically moving the camera into the third-person model's head. The downside to that method is that the third-person combat animations look pretty janky up-close, so they give you the option to switch back to traditional first-person view while your weapons are drawn. As such, and since I'm the first end-user for all the models, I've been pretty particular about getting the first-person stuff working right.

A side-comment about Skyrim's first-person models: in the vanilla game, all the first-person models are trimmed down to just the arms. Doing that for a mod, especially one with as much stuff as the DCC's got in it, would be a huge pain. So all my 'first-person' models are just the relevant line in the CK pointed at the same model used for the third-person view. This doesn't seem to affect the game at all. You still only ever see the arms in first-person view; presumably the model just tilts along with the camera, because when you look down you'll never see the rest of it. 

I mentioned in my last post, but PC Exclusive Armor Path was what I was thinking of to do mismatched arms before I got into the slot stuff. It detects an item being picked up and swaps it to a different item with a different model. The insane person in me thinks you could slap a 'what limbs do we have' check on that script to pick the correct model for the current character, and then pick from the 50 billion items that are built in for each possible combination.

Still, if there isn't something else causing the prosthetics to display (thus lowering the types need to left, right, right and left and neither) I can't begin to imagine the rats nest of code you'd need to do for every single type of arm x armor combo, much less the models involved.

You'll have to go back to Holzfrau when it comes to anything involving scripting. The depths of my knowledge on the subject wouldn't even get the tops of your feet wet. 

I get that, but doesn't that mean that wearing any armor at all will mess things up since base skyrim armor is also a body replacement?

Yes. That's basically inevitable without some reinvented wheels. The only ways to get around that within the constraints of Skyrim's armor system are to use a different slot to make 'overlay' outfits, like I did with the DCC's Extras pack, or to make alternate versions of the cyborg'd body built onto the armor's model like the Mekka mod or Wheels of Lull did. There's really no good way to get around that outside of finding a way to dynamically alter the body regardless of what's equipped on slot 32.

I covered this recently in the DCC thread, but it would be possible to take advantage of the Amputator mod and it's use of NiOverride to 'vanish' limbs to build something like that. But it would also basically need entirely new limbs as none of the ones that I use, which are just conversions from existing cyborg mods, would really match up that well with the points where Amputator makes its alterations. And I'm not particularly interested in doing that, since I don't use Amputator. 

10 hours ago, whetherlight said:

Can we get an option for the dwarven bikini for legs + the non bladed hands?

This will be coming in the 1.0 release, which will happen as soon as I can get it out after Dwarven Cyborg Collection's next big update.

The big news for what's coming in Dwarven Augmentation 1.0 is full support for DCC's Build A Framework system that lets you build custom cyborg bodies in BodySlide.  However, that means the release is directly tied to DCC's forthcoming update and can't happen sooner.

DwAug_BAFConfiguration.thumb.jpg.f2c736710a1f6c9266e331b079cddd04.jpg

5 hours ago, Holzfrau said:

Just a quick announcement to those speedy people who already downloaded version 1.0: The files for the dwemer eye options were omitted from the BSA, there is now a corrected version available.

i need download all pack from original one ? and disable esp ?

No, the problem was if you downloaded Dwarven Augmentation 1.0 before I made that post - some files were missing in the BSA archive.  It is an issue that only affects Dwarven Augmentation and only if you downloaded it in the first hour or so before I got the hotfix up.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry for stupid question, but which asset files do i need from DCC mod? All below, or only some?

Dwarven Cyborg Collection v2-30 - Bikini Set.rar

Dwarven_Cyborg_Collection_v2-30_-_Gynoid_Set.rar

Dwarven Cyborg Collection v2-40 Combined esp.rar

Dwarven Cyborg Collection v2-40 - Heads Only.rar

Dwarven Cyborg Collection v2-40 - Edhildil Set.rar

Dwarven Cyborg Collection - Extras (08-2018) [text file for Mega link].txt

Dwarven -BAF- Kit (08-2018) [text file for Mega link].txt

5 hours ago, handsandarrows said:

I'm sorry for stupid question, but which asset files do i need from DCC mod? All below, or only some?

Dwarven Cyborg Collection v2-30 - Bikini Set.rar

Dwarven_Cyborg_Collection_v2-30_-_Gynoid_Set.rar

Dwarven Cyborg Collection v2-40 Combined esp.rar

Dwarven Cyborg Collection v2-40 - Heads Only.rar

Dwarven Cyborg Collection v2-40 - Edhildil Set.rar

Dwarven Cyborg Collection - Extras (08-2018) [text file for Mega link].txt

Dwarven -BAF- Kit (08-2018) [text file for Mega link].txt

You will need everything except the combined esp.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Sloots_R_Us said:

If I equipped the no arms preset on a follower that knew a bunch of shouts, would they still flee from combat?

Yes, and there's no good way for the mod to check if the recipient knows shouts, short of checking against each one.  You would want to disable the fleeing effect in the MCM for that scenario.

2 hours ago, NCheck said:

Hey there sorry to interrupt, but I can't seem to find the main file of the mod (maybe shame on me) because in the download section there is only one file that is the hotfix.. Can anyone point me to the mod download ? Thanks in advance^^

That is the main mod file - the mod is mostly scripting, so it's not very big.  All the space-intensive stuff comes from Dwarven Cyborg Collection.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I think I might done something wrong here or I have a mod conflicting with another.

My problem resides in the body, straight to the point, I can't get any of the body mods from this. Hands, Feet and Head are fine, its just the body is always invisible. 

Using Bodyslide, it seemed fine, but when I try applying it, it just stays empty.

Help?

2 hours ago, ShadowManGray said:

Ok, I think I might done something wrong here or I have a mod conflicting with another.

My problem resides in the body, straight to the point, I can't get any of the body mods from this. Hands, Feet and Head are fine, its just the body is always invisible. 

Using Bodyslide, it seemed fine, but when I try applying it, it just stays empty.

Help?

Hm, I think I would start by double-checking that Bodyslide is actually outputting the body models into the Data\meshes\Dwarven Cyborg Collection subfolders.

Aside from that, there's not a lot to go on here.  It's possible, but unlikely, that another mod is fighting Dwarven Augmentation for the BODY equip slot somehow.  Do the accessory pieces that fit over the body appear properly?