[SOLVED]avast fucked me, need new AV

MadMansGun

2 hours ago, RitualClarity said:

How old is the computer? What is the processor.

the Linux computer is a 12+ year old IBM Thinkcenter 8810-94U that has been hacked apart to use my old graphics card.

CPU: Pentium D 915 2.8 GHz

RAM: 2GB DDR2

GPU: XFX GeForce 8600 GTS 256MB

3 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

the Linux computer is a 12+ year old IBM Thinkcenter 8810-94U that has been hacked apart to use my old graphics card.

CPU: Pentium D 915 2.8 GHz

RAM: 2GB DDR2

GPU: XFX GeForce 8600 GTS 256MB

That's pretty old... Solid machine though.

No reason I can see why  Mint should have any problems running on that. Of course I am not an Linux expert. Just an interested party especially with MS offerings currently.

Something new I found recently...

https://www.reactos.org/

Very new but some of the youtube videos show it works pretty well. intended to be a replacement for 2003 OS etc. (might be good for xp replacement later.

Anyway nice chatting with you. :smiley: Best of luck with your hardware/software going forward. (this has gotten quite off topic :classic_blush:

10 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

have they fixed the sound problem yet?

I don't believe so at least not for many of the programs. From what I can see with the videos however, not sure of the version used on some of the videos. The thing that interested me was it ran Skyrim (without sound ;))

Archived