Is it possible to port xps models into DOA5LR?

Is it possible? 

I know it may sound strange but I found some nice DOA xps models (I know roughly what that is) that I would love to have in the game but all I'm finding is how to port DOA models to xps... 

So I just need to know if it's possible and if it is, how??

It'll probably go over my head but it would be so cool! 

These two for example 

https://doa-creation.deviantart.com/gallery/57507492/Fatal-Flame-Models

7 minutes ago, myuhinny said:

DOA uses TMC files so I don't think you can but I could be wrong. I think you would have to convert them to the TMC file format rig them and whatever else that is needed to make them work with DOA.

Yeah, I was hoping they could be converted with a program, xna lara maybe? And yeah, they probably still wouldn't have the correct animations and stuff. But I'm curious and there has to be a way, I mean those models are originally from DOA (and other games) hah.

10 hours ago, MaidoLover said:

Is it possible? 

I know it may sound strange but I found some nice DOA xps models (I know roughly what that is) that I would love to have in the game but all I'm finding is how to port DOA models to xps... 

So I just need to know if it's possible and if it is, how??

It'll probably go over my head but it would be so cool! 

These two for example 

https://doa-creation.deviantart.com/gallery/57507492/Fatal-Flame-Models

I read on the Deviant Art that Huchi is able to do such things. But it is useless to address him with such requests, you can be sure that you will not be answered.
At least, if he does it, then such a way exists. :smile: 

• 5 weeks later...

acutally its very possible and ive come very close to doing so!!you just need blender tmc import/export tool and polygon insert/object tools to use the mesh ive been working on it but im still trying to find a way to make a tmcl file (the main tmc needs it

On 4/4/2018 at 4:49 AM, Mudkip44 said:

acutally its very possible and ive come very close to doing so!!you just need blender tmc import/export tool and polygon insert/object tools to use the mesh ive been working on it but im still trying to find a way to make a tmcl file (the main tmc needs it

I attached shrinked Kasumi.TMC and Kasumi.TMCL files(The original files were made by Harry Palmer). The TMCL file contains the minimum number of slots and only four textures(which is necessary to display Kasumi). After rename with your TMC filename, then you can add more slots/replace existing four textures with yours using Texture Tools.

If this is not what you want or it won't work then let me know.

Kasumi-Harry-minimum-tmcl.7z

so lets say i exported a currently working mod (just to add new clothes/hair) then rigged everything correctly/exported it ass a tmc mesh file and uploaded it to polygon insert or object tool but then couldnt use the texture tool because it says theres no tmcl?? how to i create one?? or at least properly export/save with one from blender n such

On 4/6/2018 at 5:53 AM, Otakadelic said:

I attached shrinked Kasumi.TMC and Kasumi.TMCL files(The original files were made by Harry Palmer). The TMCL file contains the minimum number of slots and only four textures(which is necessary to display Kasumi). After rename with your TMC filename, then you can add more slots/replace existing four textures with yours using Texture Tools.

If this is not what you want or it won't work then let me know.

Kasumi-Harry-minimum-tmcl.7z

Very good question. The short answer is no, but it won't mean to get disappointed, not at all.

In Blender, the current DOA oriented add-ons created by community (or more precisely Mr.Dotoku), all you can do are:

- Import TMC file

- Export tmcmesh file (it includes UV Map information)

- Export tmcbone file

And those two files will be applied to TMC file, not TMCL file. (This means the current scene of DOA modding is not relying texture functions of Blender.)

When you have to modify TMCL file(it happens very frequent), then you will use TMC Object tool and/or Texture Tool.

And those two require TMC file. Manipulate TMC file then these tools adjust TMCL file accordingly.

While we can archive and get proper TMCL file, there is no high demand for treat TMCL file only and directly. Or maybe can't because all important information are inside of TMC file, TMCL file contains texture data only (probably). 

It would be wonderful if every operations/data on Blender can export to TMC and TMCL files properly,  but now it can't (and not sure it will be able to create such addons).

Thats why I attached Kasumi.TMCL with Kasumi.TMC.  Hope this will answer your question and solve your issue.

13 hours ago, Otakadelic said:

Very good question. The short answer is no, but it won't mean to get disappointed, not at all.

In Blender, the current DOA oriented add-ons created by community (or more precisely Mr.Dotoku), all you can do are:

- Import TMC file

- Export tmcmesh file (it includes UV Map information)

- Export tmcbone file

And those two files will be applied to TMC file, not TMCL file. (This means the current scene of DOA modding is not relying texture functions of Blender.)

When you have to modify TMCL file(it happens very frequent), then you will use TMC Object tool and/or Texture Tool.

And those two require TMC file. Manipulate TMC file then these tools adjust TMCL file accordingly.

While we can archive and get proper TMCL file, there is no high demand for treat TMCL file only and directly. Or maybe can't because all important information are inside of TMC file, TMCL file contains texture data only (probably). 

It would be wonderful if every operations/data on Blender can export to TMC and TMCL files properly,  but now it can't (and not sure it will be able to create such addons).

Thats why I attached Kasumi.TMCL with Kasumi.TMC.  Hope this will answer your question and solve your issue.

thank you that actually helped alot!! im currently trying to add a kimono to a nude(already working) leifang but when i use the object tool it only shows the body/sweat objects and the kimono doesnt show up at all. is there any like video tutorials that have alot more in depth info about the settings/ different things you have to use to get it working??.-.

9 hours ago, Mudkip44 said:

thank you that actually helped alot!! im currently trying to add a kimono to a nude(already working) leifang but when i use the object tool it only shows the body/sweat objects and the kimono doesnt show up at all. is there any like video tutorials that have alot more in depth info about the settings/ different things you have to use to get it working??.-.

I don't know good tutorial movies exist or not. Even if exists, you must use the most recent version and those tutorials might show you totally different operations. (This is common in DOA5LR tutorials and probably all other modding scenes (including XPS) have same situation.)

But I can describe how to achieve. It is absolutely not complicate.

- First, open the target TMC with Texture Tool. The location is described below.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/97176-costume-creationediting-tutorial/?do=findComment&comment=2205499

- Within TT, you can add any number of slots by right clicking on left pane(The order is not important). Then you can add your textures to the empty slot by D&D. You also can replace existing four textures, if you don't use those. Save the TMC file then TMCL will be updated.

- However, TT can't assign which mesh will use which texture. This is where TMC Object Tool will cover.

- open the adjusted TMC file with TMC Object Tool. 

- First you have to adjust 'TexType'. Normally '0012' will be fine if you appies all four textures to targeted mesh. If you have other plans like two textures only(like diffuse and normal) then try another TexType. Ops I don't know how to reduce number of textures once you applied four or more. Try again or Search other TMC file which contains mesh(es) with smaller number of textures. TOTool has Import function so you can add/combine other TMC(s).

- Lets assign some texture(s) to WGT_mimi_0. Click one of Tex1 to Tex4. In this picture, click '28' that is Tex1. Which one is for diffuse and which one is for normal? You will know soon.

TOT1.thumb.jpg.5d22294187e975d8e7ecdfd55a1770ce.jpg

Then, possible candidates will appear with small thumbnails.

TOT2.thumb.jpg.edecf9c7122de25de6e9b4df845f3c67.jpg

- In this case, looks like Tex28 is diffuse, so you change with your diffuse texture(which you've already added by TT above). Let's repeat same method on next texture (Tex2:21).

TOT3.thumb.jpg.a569f074b3bc199666348a7dd80fe273.jpg

- This time you noticed Tex21 is black and white only. This is for dirt, prob. DOA5LR original usage of texture. If you prepared dirt texture too then select proper one, if not, pick one(of them). Then the mesh get dirty during fighting. May not precise dirt but it won't break game.

- Repeat until Tex4 to apply all four textures. Again, if you don't have/use all four then adjust 'TexType'.

- Save TMC file then TMCL will be updated. Then back to Texture Tool again to add the final touch.

- Sorry this is not good example but please use your imagination. Left pane shows ID number then right next to ID, there is 'Use' which tells you how many meshes refer each textures. Remove textures if 'Use' is 0, which means the texture is not used anymore. (In this example, all textures has referred at least one mesh hence not good example...) 

WS000373.thumb.jpg.c86514a41367b4556ac910447570f8e1.jpg

This is very important because limitation of TMCL size is strictly tight. You are trying with Leifang then, probably the file size of TMCL should be smaller than 10MB.  I think you know how to shrink the size of texture (i.e. 1024 x 1024 -> 512 x 512), but here is how to do with Photoshop. Sorry GIMP version is not done yet but absolutely possible with GIMP.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/88632-doa5lr-textures-tutorial-guide-how-to-use-and-understand-them/?do=findComment&comment=2169751

The topic is full of deeper information by great modder LGMODS. Bookmark the topic for future reference.

- Replacing texture is easy, use Texture Tool only. Just D&D to targeted slot. No need to use TOTool.

That's it! Hope this will be the answer of your question.

edit1: fixed typo.

3 hours ago, Otakadelic said:

I don't know good tutorial movies exist or not. Even if exists, you must use the most recent version and those tutorials might show you totally different operations. (This is common in DOA5LR tutorials and probably all other modding scenes (including XPS) have same situation.)

- First, open the target TMC with Texture Tool. The location is described below.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/97176-costume-creationediting-tutorial/?do=findComment&comment=2205499

- Within TT, you can add any number of slots by right clicking on left pane(The order is not important). Then you can add your textures to the empty slot by D&D. You also can replace existing four textures, if you don't use those. Save the TMC file then TMCL will be updated.

- However, TT can't assign which mesh will use which texture. This is where TMC Object Tool will cover.

- First you have to adjust 'TexType'. Normally '0012' will be fine if you appies all four textures to targeted mesh. If you have other plans like two textures only(like diffuse and normal) then try another TexType. Ops I don't know how to reduce number of textures once you applied four or more. Try again or Search other TMC file which contains mesh(es) with smaller number of textures. TOTool has Import function so you can add/combine other TMC(s).

- Lets assign some texture(s) to WGT_mimi_0. Click one of Tex1 to Tex4. In this picture, click '28' that is Tex1. Which one is for diffuse and which one is for normal? You will know soon.

- In this case, looks like Tex28 is diffuse, so you change with your diffuse texture(which you've already added by TT above). Let's repeat same method on next texture (Tex2:21).

- This time you noticed Tex21 is black and white only. This is for dirt, prob. DOA5LR original usage of texture. If you prepared dirt texture too then select proper one, if not, pick one(of them). Then the mesh get dirty during fighting. May not precise dirt but it won't break game.

- Repeat until Tex4 to apply all four textures. Again, if you don't have/use all four then adjust 'TexType'.

- Save TMC file then TMCL will be updated. Then back to Texture Tool again to add the final touch.

- Sorry this is not good example but please use your imagination. Left pane shows ID number then right next to ID, there is 'Use' which tells you how many meshes refer each textures. Remove textures if 'Use' is 0, which means the texture is not used anymore. (In this example, all textures has referred at least one mesh hence not good example...) 

This is very important because limitation of TMCL size is strictly tight. You are trying with Leifang then, probably the file size of TMCL should be smaller than 10MB.  I think you know how to shrink the size of texture (i.e. 1024 x 1024 -> 512 x 512), but here is how to do with Photoshop. Sorry GIMP version is not done yet but absolutely possible with GIMP.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/88632-doa5lr-textures-tutorial-guide-how-to-use-and-understand-them/?do=findComment&comment=2169751

The topic is full of deeper information by great modder LGMODS. Bookmark the topic for future reference.

- Replacing texture is easy, use Texture Tool only. Just D&D to targeted slot. No need to use TOTool.

And what if the model is not loaded into Blender? He gives some kind of mistake (I do not remember which one right now) and does not want to download anything.
Are there any ways to convert without Blender?

1 hour ago, Visitor&Guest said:

And what if the model is not loaded into Blender? He gives some kind of mistake (I do not remember which one right now) and does not want to download anything.
Are there any ways to convert without Blender?

I am sorry I am not sure what you are worrying/asking for. Are you asking for how to convert XPS files(includes Generic_Item.mesh(.ascii)) (directly in)to TMC/TMCL files? Then I just have no idea. May or may not exists. Sorry. 

Let me see if Mudkip44 can solved his tmcl file related issue. I may or may not need more explanations depends on his response.

After that, ask me again with little more details, if you are asking something else.  

23 hours ago, Otakadelic said:

I am sorry I am not sure what you are worrying/asking for. Are you asking for how to convert XPS files(includes Generic_Item.mesh(.ascii)) (directly in)to TMC/TMCL files? Then I just have no idea. May or may not exists. Sorry. 

Let me see if Mudkip44 can solved his tmcl file related issue. I may or may not need more explanations depends on his response.

After that, ask me again with little more details, if you are asking something else.  

Yes, I asked about the import of XPS models. But I already realized that here without Blender nothing can be done. Perhaps it can be replaced by 3DsMax, but this is not the best alternative. :smile:

Well, what if I want to convert not the entire model, but only her hair? A hairstyle in XPS can consist of several parts (sometimes more than 10).  How then can they be combined into one hairstyle to get one TMC file? At what level should they be better combined into one, in Blender or in the Object tool?

15 minutes ago, Visitor&Guest said:

Yes, I asked about the import of XPS models. But I already realized that here without Blender nothing can be done. Perhaps it can be replaced by 3DsMax, but this is not the best alternative. :smile:

Well, what if I want to convert not the entire model, but only her hair? A hairstyle in XPS can consist of several parts (sometimes more than 10).  How then can they be combined into one hairstyle to get one TMC file? At what level should they be better combined into one, in Blender or in the Object tool?

In DOA5LR, three TMC(contains mesh data and others) files need to display one character, like Kasumi.Face.TMC, Kasumi.Hair.TMC and Kasumi_costume.TMC.

And the Hair.TMC(or its mesh data) is complicated part. I checked typical hair.TMC then there are 40+ meshes(Textures are relatively simple though). Each mesh are my not need to be detailed one but got to have 40+ to create natural movement in actual gaming situation. 

Modded Hiar.TMCs exists (probably more than dozen) but that's the area tools/converters are not covering, so far.

My best bet is import XPS formated files to Blender, then export to tmcmesh file. Keep in mind single tmcmesh file contains single mesh data, generally. You can combine any number of objects on Blender then can export as single tmcmesh however, there are reasons Hair.TMC contains 40+ meshes so you probably have to repeat 40 times...

I've started experimenting with this and had some success.
Import any basic xps body mesh ( i used a streetfighter V character).
import a doa5 tmc.
select the armature of the xps model, and enter pose mode.
using pose, try to align the main body of the xps mesh as closely to the doa5 mesh as possible (scaling with all bones selected helps to get the basic sizes correct,) fine tune with rotations and translations of individual body parts.
align one arm and one leg, then select the bones of the aligned half, ctrl+c to copy the pose.
unselect the part, then highlight the half you haven't aligned andpast the pose. this will give you a symetrical pose.

once your feet, neck, hips and fingers and thumbs are perfectly aligned with the doa5 mesh, you can go back to object mode, and  ctrl+A, apply visual geometry to mesh to fix the pose permanently.

now you can unparent the xps mesh and delete the rest of the parts you don't need from the xps import.
delete all vertex data from the xps mesh, and add a data transfer modifier using the doa5 mesh.
check the vertex data box and the vertex groups button, hit "generate data layers" and apply.
now add an armature modifier and enter pose mode again to test that joints and digits are moving as expected.
If so, you can export as TMCmesh and inject with polygon tool and try it out in game.

the UV map from the original xps model should be intact, so you can use the textures that came with it, but you will need to fuss around in object tool making sure these are assigned correctly, and find the right material type.

On 4/9/2018 at 10:04 PM, Otakadelic said:

well my issue is that theres somehow no tmcl file when exporting from blender but im also not sure if im properly rigging/saving it in the correct way i read something about the rig needing geo object or something like that 

1 hour ago, Otakadelic said:

'key, let me check...

First of all, I impressed high-poly, well modeled outlet.

Here is small fix applied file but still long way to go, be honest.

Leifang_Kimono_fixed.zip

- WGT_body contains leifang's body. I think you don't have to touch for awhile, but maybe you want to delete some of them, like a tip of breasts/butts because those are outside of kimono.

- WGT_body2 contains Kimono. I made three more slots so you can move here from WGT_body4 if there are still meshes which belong to kimono.

- WGT_body3 contains accessories.  some slots are empty so you can move to here from some of meshes of WGT_body4.

- WGT_body4 contains the rest of meshes. This is quick fix so still 5800+ vertices as single object. The number is almost equals to Leifang's base body.

you have to separate if you applies different textures.  

Which means WGT_body3_1, shoes, might have to separate to two objects, lower base and upper ropes if you apply different textures.

Same thing might happens WGT_body3_0, neck accessory, separate to two objects, sphere and the rest, if you apply different textures. 

Textures are just examples so you may want to replace with proper DDS files.

Extra operations still need to apply but I believe this will be very beautiful outlet. 

Hope this will help!

2 hours ago, Otakadelic said:

First of all, I impressed high-poly, well modeled outlet.

Here is small fix applied file but still long way to go, be honest.

Leifang_Kimono_fixed.zip

- WGT_body contains leifang's body. I think you don't have to touch for awhile, but maybe you want to delete some of them, like a tip of breasts/butts because those are outside of kimono.

- WGT_body2 contains Kimono. I made three more slots so you can move here from WGT_body4 if there are still meshes which belong to kimono.

- WGT_body3 contains accessories.  some slots are empty so you can move to here from some of meshes of WGT_body4.

- WGT_body4 contains the rest of meshes. This is quick fix so still 5800+ vertices as single object. The number is almost equals to Leifang's base body.

you have to separate if you applies different textures.  

Which means WGT_body3_1, shoes, might have to separate to two objects, lower base and upper ropes if you apply different textures.

Same thing might happens WGT_body3_0, neck accessory, separate to two objects, sphere and the rest, if you apply different textures. 

Textures are just examples so you may want to replace with proper DDS files.

Extra operations still need to apply but I believe this will be very beautiful outlet. 

Hope this will help!

ty, i wasnt expecting perfect results i was mainly trying to see if i could get one working in game at least then work from there,
first question: how did you get the meshes to be selected in object tool
second:  how would i had a hairstyle to this as well?? like a geisha styled with accessories to go along with it
(i'll post pics/download links once i figure out how to independently  make them)

so like this is basically what im looking to do, the left is (close) what im trying to replicate and put into the game because i mainly want to change face texture/hairstyle n clothes the right example is how the mod looked ingame(pretty awesome btw but im looking into fixing it) so this is essentially just progress/goal examples

example.png

6 hours ago, Mudkip44 said:

so like this is basically what im looking to do, the left is (close) what im trying to replicate and put into the game because i mainly want to change face texture/hairstyle n clothes the right example is how the mod looked ingame(pretty awesome btw but im looking into fixing it) so this is essentially just progress/goal examples

example.png

Oh you have starting image(and probably digital data of XPS file) and final destination image then things much easier.

There should be detailed info/tutorials how to convert but I only can find one place, and sadly enough which is written in Japanese.

(Written in other languages must exist but simply I can't find right now)

http://blog.livedoor.jp/jun2009r/archives/72329030.html

The general steps are:

Step1: Change XPS standard pose to DOA5LR standard pose.

Exact value is: legs must rotate 15 degrees. Arms must rotate 45 degrees.

Then fix the pose as default pose for this model.

Step2: Export(= convert from XPS) clothes only. Body mesh(and its textures) should pick up from DOA5LR side.

The reason is, body is too complicate to recreate. Here we have four to five different nude base models. If you count SaafRats' five variations then close to 10.

Sorry I don't have enough time to write down further details now.  I will add more when I have more spare time. 

My personal opinion is: the XPS is beautiful but bit complicate as very first try. Well, if the bar sets higher (either intentionally or unintentionally), then you will learn quicker, that's sure.