Do you have a mod idea you want to make a reality?

13 hours ago, dagobaking said:

I just made separate scenes for each set of marker and actor. It worked the first try.

So, next question, how do I trigger a Papyrus function on the quest once they reach the wait phase?

Edit: (I've tried putting a Scene.OnPhaseEnd event on the quest script. But, it doesn't compile. So, I must be writing the code wrong...)

Either with a Dialogue fragment or by using a WHILE/ENDWHILE loop in your script.

For shenanigans, I use a loop:

While RSE_WannaFuck.IsRunning()

Utility.Wait(0.5)

Endwhile

{call four play sex here}

So it essentially forces the script to wait until the dialogue ends before it continues on to the next scripted actions, the fourplay send-to for sex...

1 hour ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

Either with a Dialogue fragment or by using a WHILE/ENDWHILE loop in your script.

Utility.Wait(0.5)

Endwhile

So it essentially forces the script to wait until the dialogue ends before it continues on to the next scripted actions, the fourplay send-to for sex...

My scene has a phase 1 for walking and then phase 2 for waiting. I was planning on leaving them in the wait phase during the animation since it does a good job of blocking out AI.

Because of that, I can't wait for IsRunning to be false because it should be true through the entire animation. Is there a way to do something similar for when Phase 1 ends?

I see "OnAction" which will send in a reference to the alias which is what I need. But, I'm not exactly sure what "Action" they are referring to. It doesn't appear to be regular scene actions. Something about timer actions? Maybe a dummy timer action can be added that will fire this?

If all else fails I guess I can split up my scenes to have a set for walking and a set for waiting. Then use the wait method you describe and run "wait" when needed. This is why I was hesitant to use the actorSlot method! :smiley: Every adjustment requires 100+ copy and pastes.

I think I have a full solution now.

The "action" that Scene.OnAction looks for are "Timer Actions". I put one over the Wait phase and it caused the OnAction event to fire, sending in a reference to the aliasreference so I know which Actor is ready.

This should keep me busy for a while now. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2018 at 1:11 PM, Flashy (JoeR) said:

Utility.Wait(0.5)

Endwhile

I've run into an odd issue that might be related to this.

I have the entry function and proxy fully working now. BUT, there is something about Sex Em Up that throws it off. I think it has something to do with going from one set of packages to another.

The framework starts the actors walking and then triggers an action event once they reach the destination. And that causes the animation part of the scene to start. It works reliably in tests starting it from quest scripts. But, when SEU triggers it from a dialogue package, about 50% of the time the action event doesn't fire (only on the player character, the other actors action always fires).

Have you seen anything like that before? Ideas?

I might be able to do a poll wait like you describe above. But, would prefer to use the event approach if possible just for performance.

[Some other info: When the hand-off doesn't work, it leaves the player in this weird half-way state. Moving the mouse allows you to look over your shoulder the same way it looks when AI controls the player. But, moving the mouse now also turns the player.]

Do you know how to find specific vanilla animation files?

Looking at the subgraph data in CK, most of them show a blank path to the animation. I'm assuming this is because they are zipped up. So, which folder(s) has them all? (They seem kind of scattered around in the mesh folders).

I really just need the vanilla standing idle.

39 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

Do you know how to find specific vanilla animation files?

Looking at the subgraph data in CK, most of them show a blank path to the animation. I'm assuming this is because they are zipped up. So, which folder(s) has them all? (They seem kind of scattered around in the mesh folders).

I really just need the vanilla standing idle.

The neutral do nothing idle? Should be called IdleStop, which is under Actors\Characters\Behaviors\RaiderRootBehavior.hkx\LOOSE\IdleStop.

29 minutes ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

The neutral do nothing idle? Should be called IdleStop, which is under Actors\Characters\Behaviors\RaiderRootBehavior.hkx\LOOSE\IdleStop.

Is that the one that is more like a command that stops currently running animations?

I need the one that is just standing-with-arms-relaxed. What NPCs do when given a blank wait package. (I need to be able to pull it into 3DSMax).

10 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

I guess that is a related question. If the idle standing position is in RaiderRootBehavior.hkx (among many other positions), how do I get just that standing pose animation out?

I basically just need that pose into 3Ds...

You would need to extract it from the meshes BA2 files. But that wont help you as it is a 32bit HCT format and 3DS uses the 64bit HCT format and there are no conversion tools available. So getting it into 3DS to tweak or otherwise, as far as I am aware, is not possible. Unless I am misremembering. @Leito86 would probably know more about this than I would...

1 hour ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

You would need to extract it from the meshes BA2 files. But that wont help you as it is a 32bit HCT format and 3DS uses the 64bit HCT format and there are no conversion tools available. So getting it into 3DS to tweak or otherwise, as far as I am aware, is not possible. Unless I am misremembering. @Leito86 would probably know more about this than I would...

Thank you.

It looks like there is a process for converting them outlined in ShadeAnimators kit. I have most BA2 files extracted. But, I keep those files separate from the game install and can't seem to find anything that would be the idle. Will keep digging.

Ok. The latest challenge:

If(targetActor == PlayerRef)
        targetActor.SnapIntoInteraction(targetLocationObject)
        Game.ForceThirdPerson()
        SetFlyCam(True)
    Else
        targetActor.SnapIntoInteraction(targetLocationObject)
    EndIf

This is the code for locking the actors to an invisible furniture marker. It was working before the latest Fallout update. But, after the update, something changed that causes the SetFlyCam command to freeze the player controls if the SnapIntoInteraction command has been run on the player.

Any ideas?

Best bet my friend, as you've indicated in the other thread, is to wait on Jaam to circle back to you. The flycam is something that is coded into the DLL he releases, so not much any of us can do until it gets addressed at that level.

How do I make enemies attack player after death?

In Skyrim there's an amazing mod called "Player Gets Necro'd".

I'm not aiming for complex coding, but if I can see enemies keep hitting corpse that'd be enough.

I have longer deathcam mod and "Free Death Camera" to have a good view of my character after death.

Now I'm wondering if I can see my character's corpse being mutilated further.

I'm new to CK but willing to learn.

Much appreciated.

On 27-2-2018 at 4:09 AM, Flashy (JoeR) said:

Its a simple question, right? No it is not. Because it takes a lot of planning, a lot of work and a lot of CK / scripting know-how to bring a concept to fully functioning mod.

But here's where I can help simplify this process. I have been helping, directly and indirectly with a few of the current round of FP-enabled mods and it has me thinking that there has to be more people out there, waiting to get a jump on things and make their mod-dream a mod-reality.

So this is what I am offering. To help you to help yourself, to make your mod. I will not make the mod for you. I will mentor you, offer you insight into the CK, the game engine and scripting. I state flat out that in some things, I have zero practical knowledge and will not be of use for (model conversions or nifscope related).

1. Throw out your idea of a mod that YOU want to make. As in, you make it, in the CK.
  2. I will tell you if it is not possible and more importantly why. With that, perhaps you can realign your vision to be plausible within the game engine limits.
  3. I will mentor you - you have questions, I have answers. You want knowledge, I have loads.
  4. I will help you (soft help) to turn your vision into a working product.

You need:

1. To be willing to do the work.
  2. To be capable of doing research via the CK wiki and other support sites (nexus modders forum, reddit, etc).
  3. To be capable of reading papyrus source code, even if just to grasp the logic flow. Knowledge of functions grows with exposure and practice.
  4.  To understand and accept that I have my own projects on the go, so I cannot be a 24/7 god up on high.
  5. To be committed to starting and finishing your project because I dont want to invest my time in you, if you are just going to vanish into the shadows.
  6. Have an understanding of textures and materials. Have access to Photoshop and the Nvidia DDS export tool.
  7. Have the CK installed and a base understanding of navigating in it.

If you need to know what I have to offer in terms of skillsets, look no further than RSE. That should be enough...

So this is on you. Think long and hard before you commit to throwing your name and idea into the ring. Do you have what it takes to learn, to build and to release your mod upon the LL community? If so, I await your ideas....

I think I might need your help here and there with implementing a hug animation during dialogue scenes for Ivy.

I got the basics down and was able to add the idle anims to the dialogue system, but idles stop playing when dialogue is finished. I want Ivy to keep holding the player like in this video while the player uses the dialogue wheel to chat. Assuming that is.. if I can find someone to make that hugging loop animation for me. :smile:

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to add my idea to the running. 

1) I'd like to make a mod that gives commonwealth raiders slaves as well as adds a few more horrifying displays in their camps. Vanilla fallout has some things like this, such as the raiders at that school who have a few people locked in cages, and every once in a while you'll get a quest to rescue an npc from a raider gang. But I think it would be neat if the raiders had permanent slaves. Some that are locked in torture/punishment devices and some (the obedient ones) that are walking around. I'm not sure what the possibilities are with the engine but it would be neat to have some of the slaves fight you when you attack the raiders, and some cower and hide. And if the author of CRX (the crucifixion mod) is willing raiders could crucify settlers/slaves and put them on display. It would also be very cool to see hanged settlers/slaves using the noose framework mod. 

It would be up to the player to decide what to do with the slaves after a raider camp is cleared out, and if they're using abduction/slavery system (or a similar mod) they could take the slaves for themselves. 

2) my second idea is to basically change the aggressive animation dialoge for the male player from the raider voice to using lines from the player character that I hear used in player comments and head tracking such as ("useless" "human garbage" and even "good dog" there are several other fitting lines but I forget them.)

3) last one is simple. add female heads to raider severed head displays. 

I am willing to put in the work and make the mod. I have very limited experience with the CK. I've made a few very basic things. My biggest problem is that I really don't want to break anything. I need a bit of guidance navigating the CK and fo4edit. Youtube tutorials help but there are several things I need clarification on and I can't ask the video makers.

Anybody can help me sharing the best way to unequip all player clothes (no pipboy) with a minimal syntax script?

Game.GetPlayer().UnequipItemSlot(30) and Unequipall (pipboy included)

Using this line of code slot per slot is kinda tedious and maybe its not the best way to undress the player.

i am a beginner with the papyrus.

Thank you!

Hmm... Well, I'd mostly like to know if these things are doable, and how difficult they'd be. the first is a long-standing idea I've had, but never pursued for one reason or another, the other just an idle thought.

I'd like to make an MCM based faction-specific leveled list injector, drawing from crafting workbench product lists. that way, mods which add items only obtainable from, say, the AWKCR workbench also add them to whatever factions you're interested in seeing them on. A sort of one size fits all type of deal,  you know?

The other idea is that idle thought I brought up: Would it be possible to make animated magazine retextures? Like a GIF file, or something like that?

Archived