Do you have a mod idea you want to make a reality?

Ok so I'm having some trouble.

As I mentioned earlier, I have managed to add new categories to the vanilla workshop (form list: WorkshopMenuMain). The way I did this was by defining a keyword, and then injecting it via a script available on the nexus (Custom Categories Installer). The trouble is, even tho the script has the option to inject new formlists, it doesn't work in practice. I've tried defining and injecting a new Formlist which includes a bunch of keywords (and in turn bunch of craftable furniture, under different categories) but it either doesn't show up at all, or when it does, it does't work properly (shows wrong category name, doesn't allow me to actually build the items etc.) 

So how do I add a new formlist to WorkshopMenuMain so I can have a new category w/ multiple sub-categories?

Edit - One clue that I got is that my new menu is going to need a new preview art. I know how to create the art, but not how to attach it to my menu.

Been a while, sorry - been SUPER busy on my next RSE feature set...

The tiered menu system is, sad to admit, something I've not looked into previously. Single layer menus yes, but not tiered. As a suggestion, if you have HOMEMAKER mod, that would be a good place to research in the ESP in the CK how it does it, as I know it has layers embedded in layers in it's build menu...

@Flashy (JoeR) - I was just looking at the HDT Heels system, as a possible contender for a rewrite for Fallout 4.  While I'm fairly sure that the scripted components and additions to meshes can be achieved in CK, this particular mod also includes an SKSE plugin, which adds wholly new functions, which those scripts rely on.

I'm not an advanced scripter.... but you seem to be more experienced than I.  If you are familiar with the HDT Heels mod.... in your opinion is this do-able for FO4, with current F4SE capabilities?  (It doesn't actually use HDT though from -what I can tell... not sure why it's in the name)

Ive never touched Skyrim so know nothing about it, SKSE or HDT unfortunately. I actually just went searching to know what HDT was, lol...

22 hours ago, AWP3RATOR said:

@Flashy (JoeR) - I was just looking at the HDT Heels system, as a possible contender for a rewrite for Fallout 4.  While I'm fairly sure that the scripted components and additions to meshes can be achieved in CK, this particular mod also includes an SKSE plugin, which adds wholly new functions, which those scripts rely on.

I'm not an advanced scripter.... but you seem to be more experienced than I.  If you are familiar with the HDT Heels mod.... in your opinion is this do-able for FO4, with current F4SE capabilities?  (It doesn't actually use HDT though from -what I can tell... not sure why it's in the name)

Would likely be better with a form of NiOverride  like the newer high heels system in Skyrim - HDT heels is awfully prone to breaking and failing.

21 hours ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

Ive never touched Skyrim

That is just not right...

On 3/12/2018 at 10:07 PM, Flashy (JoeR) said:

Ive never touched Skyrim so know nothing about it, SKSE or HDT unfortunately. I actually just went searching to know what HDT was, lol...

The basic premise, using HDT Heels or NiOverride version through Racemenu was:

Player equips a mesh that has heels with a predefined height override, and through scripts, the npc's height on the game world is adjusted up (z+) by the offset defined for the mesh.  Both mods use different methods to achieve the effect, and the NiOverride version was much more stable, hooking into Racemenu's features.  Expired hasn't added (or can't?) add this to LooksMenu as yet - so we're now looking at outside the box solutions to achieve the effect.

I've been researching around on this and seemingly no one has solved it as yet, or no one is working on it.  Not sure if that means it's currently unsolvable or not.  NiOverrides are not "a thing" for FO4 yet, which led me back to new functions as with the original HDT Heels mod - only I'm no wizard with scripting, especially as it relates to creating wholly new functions, which it seemed the HDT Heels mod relied on.

Still again, I have no idea why they included "HDT" in the mod name, as I can't seem to find any references to actually havok anything happening with that mod.  It may have just been for name play and mod awareness.  I looked through the source files on HDT Heels and the scripts are very straight forward (but use those SKSE created functions we don't have source code for) and a series of CK edits on the forms themselves to call the scripts on equip.

Aside from donig it that way, I was able to achieve the raised effect in testing by direct editing the outfit's mesh in Nifskope and moving up the oufit and bones - but since the skeleton and animation references weren't moved up - it was a scary looking result.  But POC satisfied, it IS indeed possible to move the actor UP in the gameworld.  Just now a matter of dynamically increasing the height on everything else as well - which is what I was looking for the help with.

There has to be a way, albeit one Ive not uncovered, but there is one because there is the keyword 'FurnitureScaleActorToOne' when the player / NPC mounts furniture or terminals - the height of the actor is adjusted to match the furniture type. So somewhere in the engine, there is a means...

This said, there has to be a way, perhaps though an attached keyword and attached scripting to adjust the z offset of the wearer. Say perhaps have a keyword with an integer as a value, read this as such and then apply it via a setscale() command perhaps via onItemEquipped or revert to original scale onItemRemoved()?

Just thinking outside the box in a hacky sort of way...

Or just do it the way other people do by including a body mesh with the heeled clothing, so that each item has its own body mesh at varying heights?

I'm on that furniture idea.... Skyrim didn't have that, but FO4 does, because that's how the base Power Armor works.  The actor is basically "wearing" a piece of furniture and it does scale their height when this happens...  It could perhaps works similarly in this case - where the heels may be treated similarly as the PA frame and move the actor's height up - only instead of changing the race of actor to the PA race, it stays as normal, but includes the height offset....  though now that I think about that, the PA race may actually have a higher height.

I initially thought about a race that was higher/taller when wearing heels like a "heels race" but that would require so many other changes to make it workable.  it COULD work, but there's got to be a cleaner/simpler way than all that work, just to raise the actor up 10 or so game units.

19 minutes ago, Wolfskin75 said:

I want to learn how to make customized panties as a standalone object (i.e. make wearable on a nude body.)  sunglasses that look like oakley monster dog that make you irresistible. I want sex mods for Fallout 4 that Skyrim has, but I can't seem to find. Amorous adventures, lots of oral sex and such .

there.. I am pervert. lol. proud of it. most importantly I want to learn how to make the stand alone objects. I have lots of design skills from college and I want to put them to use. 

This isnt so much a teaching thread as it is a suggestions and where to find it sort of thing. As for modeling / texturing / nifscope related stuff, this is not what the thread is for as I dont do these sorts of things. This said, if it is scripting or CK related assistance you are after, this is very much the thread you want...

I had an idea originally for New Vegas that I was never able to get to fruition, that I think would be just as useful in Fallout 4.

In short, I want to make an orphanage. Between pregnancy mods and child settler mods and vanilla settlements with children and mods making their parents killable, there needs to be a place to send kids. A basic form of this is already possible through the settlement system, just make the kids settlers, make a settlement your designated orphanage, and send all your child settlers there. But what I was thinking of was a non-settlement location where you can take kids and sell them. It could tie into F4SS I suppose, since it already has a way to sell slaves.

What I really want to do, though, is make a way to make kids useful. Make the orphanage a school where you can take kids to get trained in various skills. Drop them off. leave them there for a few in-game weeks or months, then come back and pick up a generic companion with a specific purpose: A medic, a merchant, a guard, etc. I know merchant is doable, in vanilla DLC Gage from Nuka World can buy and sell gear if you're in Fizztop Grille, and the mod-added companion Heather Casdin can sell from anywhere, though she needs to spend time at a chem bench once you've cleaned out her inventory to restock.

TL;DR I want a location where I can unload child NPCs and come back to get a functional merchant or medic companion.

Okay, I will promise I will make sense this time. I would like a mod or mods that made things more intimate with you and your companion(s) to make the world world feel more lived in. Like hand holding, your companion takes off clothes while in a house, cuddling on couches, kissing, of course sex. Also, i have downloaded people collars but I would like real modded collars (heart locks and pink pvc) 

1 hour ago, Wolfskin75 said:

Okay, I will promise I will make sense this time. I would like a mod or mods that made things more intimate with you and your companion(s) to make the world world feel more lived in. Like hand holding, your companion takes off clothes while in a house, cuddling on couches, kissing, of course sex. Also, i have downloaded people collars but I would like real modded collars (heart locks and pink pvc) 

Okay. But are you asking ME to make it, as I surely will not... but if you are asking if it is possible for you to make it, the answer would be yes. Totally. You just need to create a relationships framework that interacts with the vanilla companion affinity system, which is not impossible by any means. Just requires a lot of scripting - a LOT of scripting and some custom events as well, I should imagine.

As for the lockets / collars, provided you have a working understanding of 3DS Max and a comprehensive understanding of Nifscope and the CK, you should be able to create the models and then sort them out in nifscope to be able to later import then into the CK as equipable items. (This part of it I cannot help with at all either).

On 2/28/2018 at 8:41 AM, geraldofrivia said:

- The NPC goes to a vanilla room and sit on a couch waiting for the player.(i think the script for this action its MoveToInteractionLocation or PathToReference but i don't know how to use it the wiki example it's no so clear to me.)

On 2/28/2018 at 11:22 AM, Flashy (JoeR) said:

1. Is this a generic room anywhere in the world space or ONE specific location? Specific is easiest, generic is script heavy, possibly.

I am stuck on this functionality as well. I am trying to make a "WalkTo" script that takes an actor and a target reference and has the NPC (or Player) walk to the reference.

I expected the NPC part to be easier than making the Player walk. But, it has been the other way around. I have the player walking to a spot using PathToReference. But, when I run the same script on NPCs, they don't walk to the location. They just keep sandboxing. I tried the example code from the wiki to make the NPC walk to the player. Doesn't work. Oddly, it does return "true" which it is only supposed to do on success. So, not sure what to make of that...

I know that this functionality is working on FourPlay using some combination of quests and aliases. But, I would like something with scripts only so that its not limited by referencealias "slots".

Any ideas on how to make this work?

5 hours ago, dagobaking said:

I am stuck on this functionality as well. I am trying to make a "WalkTo" script that takes an actor and a target reference and has the NPC (or Player) walk to the reference.

I expected the NPC part to be easier than making the Player walk. But, it has been the other way around. I have the player walking to a spot using PathToReference. But, when I run the same script on NPCs, they don't walk to the location. They just keep sandboxing. I tried the example code from the wiki to make the NPC walk to the player. Doesn't work. Oddly, it does return "true" which it is only supposed to do on success. So, not sure what to make of that...

I know that this functionality is working on FourPlay using some combination of quests and aliases. But, I would like something with scripts only so that its not limited by referencealias "slots".

Any ideas on how to make this work?

if you want to move a NPC to a especific location, i recommend you to watch this tutorial
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hr2hCaroYnk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6utKhb1ta4

i learned a lot.

Well, if you mean make NPC1 walk to NPC2, I do this in RSE via a quest dialogue scene and a linked AI package.

In essence you create a Travel To NPC package that is tied to a specific quest where you have the attached NPC (not important on the package level) walk to a target NPC. You need to set the target to be the second NPC. You do this by creating two ref aliases on the quest and then fill them however you want with the two NPCs. In this way, when you set up the package, you can select the second NPC as the ref alias target.

Then once you have the package done, you simply create a NON-player dialogue scene in that quest with the two ref aliases. You assign the package to the Actor to walk to the target. Its that simple.

For reference, look at RSE for Quest called RSE_WannaFuck. It has two ref aliases that are important NPC0 and NPC1. Here let me show it in SS.

Capture.thumb.JPG.e75f78093ec352567d2cf267c777851a.JPG

You can see, I set up the two actors, with NPCOne having the Travel Package and the Stop Moving Package applied to their actions. So in phases, it goes:

1. NPC1 travels to NPC2.
  2. When the package completes and NPC1 is at specified distance - package setting - then they start talking while ensuring they STAY at the target via the travel package.
  3. Once they finish their line they go into STAY package so the NPC2 can answer without NPC1 leaving.
  4. Once dialogue is done, script takes over and makes them have shenanigans.

You can do a modified version of this to make your NPC walk to a target. This is WAY preferable to using scripting to do it, as the moveto and translateto MAY cause pop-in. The package does not.

The package is set as this:

Capture.thumb.JPG.6907f4d3722c1ec1866a824102790edb.JPG

Because the package has an OWNER QUEST, it can pull in the reference aliases to use as targets, as you can see by the target window I have opened to select NPCTwo as the Ref Alias "Place to Travel".

Between these two items, you can make a "Travel To" function quite easily. Hope this helps!

3 hours ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

Between these two items, you can make a "Travel To" function quite easily. Hope this helps!

Thank you for putting this together. Helps a lot.

Questions:

One reason for my preference of a code solution is that it would be indefinitely scalable. In a framework, I want it to be able to handle 20+ actors being directed to walk to different points at the same time. This solution works for a set number of actors. How would you go about scaling this up to handle an indefinite number?

Can this solution be used to move an NPC to a marker object instead of to another actor? If so, how precise can it be? I want to be able to move actors to match a specific position relative to furniture and also to face a specific direction so that an entry animation will line up.

The problem isnt that scripting it and thus making it scalable wont work - the problem is the MoveTo or PathToReference or TranslateTo papyrus commands typically result in a pop-in rather than a walk-to-target, especially if pathing gets buggered up by obstructions. 99 times out of 100 (rough guess), you will see a pop-and-snap to target, rather than an actual completed walk from A to B.

In my experience, using the AI package / scene method, its more like 1 out of 100 where the pop-snap occurs.

I'd love to someday. Currently I don't have the time required to undertake something. I imagine my idea is very doable and relatively simple. In short I'd like if there were slaves or your character is taken captive by her own settlement. Either it randomly happens or if the happiness/well being of the settlement is at a certain low a building is made sort of like a cell, or your character is just bound and gagged and has to either improve the settlement or escape it.

On 3/17/2018 at 7:47 AM, Flashy (JoeR) said:

You can do a modified version of this to make your NPC walk to a target.

Working on this.

I am assuming that, for a version that moves Actors to a reference marker, I need to set up Location Aliases. What would the settings need to be for that? The options are a bit ambiguous to me. Does one of those options allow for me to create the marker with code (placeAtMe) and then populate the location alias with the newly created marker? Or, will I need to hide these markers somewhere in the world in advance so that I can populate the aliases with them and just move them into use (and back out) as needed?

29 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

Working on this.

I am assuming that, for a version that moves Actors to a reference marker, I need to set up Location Aliases. What would the settings need to be for that? The options are a bit ambiguous to me. Does one of those options allow for me to create the marker with code (placeAtMe) and then populate the location alias with the newly created marker? Or, will I need to hide these markers somewhere in the world in advance so that I can populate the aliases with them and just move them into use (and back out) as needed?

No. Location Aliases are something completely different and I wouldnt use them for this. I use them, personally, for referencing specific LOCATION forms, such as AbernathyFarmLocation or such like this, as shown in the LOCATION section of the Object Tree of the CK.

No matter what you do, you are likely going to create game-wide cell edits (cell / worldspace overrides) if using reference aliases or location aliases or placing markers manually, and that introduces a WHOLE set of worms that other players will need to manage via load order for their mod list.

I would suggest coming up with a scripted method to place the marker. Create an objectreference for the marker. Place it near the target and then force the marker into a ref alias. In this way, you can then use a package to make an npc walk to the dynamically added marker. In theory.

No matter how you get there, you are will need two aliases - one for the target destination and one for the NPC who will walk to the target destination.

If this makes sense that is...

4 minutes ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

If this makes sense that is...

That does make sense. Thank you.

I have created, for testing, 10 reference aliases for actors and 10 for the target objects. It looks like I will also have to create 10 packages with each one pointing to a different marker reference alias since that is where the target location gets hard coded.

Then, I am not sure about the scene. Will I need to make 10 scenes, each running the different packages? Or, can I make one large scene with all 10 of the actor reference aliases, using the different packages? In other words, can a scene run without all actors present? And can it run multiple instances of itself at the same time (with actor 1 and 3 filled in on one and maybe 2 and 7 on another)?

I just made separate scenes for each set of marker and actor. It worked the first try.

So, next question, how do I trigger a Papyrus function on the quest once they reach the wait phase?

Edit: (I've tried putting a Scene.OnPhaseEnd event on the quest script. But, it doesn't compile. So, I must be writing the code wrong...)

Archived