Do you have a mod idea you want to make a reality?

I will note for you that you do not technically need a MESSAGE attached to the magazine. So, featured item message can be left at NONE.

Also, the script that was attached is what raises companion affinity when you read books, if such things are what turns their cranks.

You should also consider a few keywords for magazines.

FeaturedItem is a good one that I frequently make use of - this is a forced-view of the item with a nice auditory cue.

UnscrappableObject to prevent it from accidentally being dropped and scrapped.

PerkMagKeyword which allows the magazine to be displayed on magazine racks / shelves.

38 minutes ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

I will note for you that you do not technically need a MESSAGE attached to the magazine. So, featured item message can be left at NONE.

Also, the script that was attached is what raises companion affinity when you read books, if such things are what turns their cranks.

You should also consider a few keywords for magazines.

FeaturedItem is a good one that I frequently make use of - this is a forced-view of the item with a nice auditory cue.

UnscrappableObject to prevent it from accidentally being dropped and scrapped.

PerkMagKeyword which allows the magazine to be displayed on magazine racks / shelves.

Thanks for the tips, ill continue working on it tomorrow ^_^, tis 5:23am atm

Any idea where i would get a blank high res mag back thing to put a image or will need to make one :s

*Edit*

well while i'm waiting i sort of patched something together(got an existing imgs and cut the middle out and used it like a picture frame xD, while it works if u look too carefully at it u notice how bad it is), i'am not artist thou lol, thou i set all my stuff in layers in GIMP so i can remove them and re-save all the .DDS when i get/make a better template not ready for public test yet might need to talk to someone who does texture work mags/pictures so that they dont feel out of place.

On a Side note, DDS i save in GIMP crash CK but if i own it in Paint.Net and save it, works perfectly fine.

I'm back again with another question! How do I change a weapon's loading animation?

I've already created a new weapon based on Nuka-World's  "Thirst Zapper". I've applied unique textures, ammo, mods, etc. and all of that works fine.

I just want to change the gun to use the Alien Blaster's reload animation instead of it's default one. Considering that the thirs zapper is 100% based off of the alien blaster, I assume this should be possible. The gun even has AP's ammo cell sticking out of it's rear end so..

Is this done from within the CK and if so where is the option?

Additionally, what is the best way to add a new category under chem station?

20 hours ago, TacomancerCat said:

Any idea where i would get a blank high res mag back thing to put a image or will need to make one :s

*Edit*

well while i'm waiting i sort of patched something together(got an existing imgs and cut the middle out and used it like a picture frame xD, while it works if u look too carefully at it u notice how bad it is), i'am not artist thou lol, thou i set all my stuff in layers in GIMP so i can remove them and re-save all the .DDS when i get/make a better template not ready for public test yet might need to talk to someone who does texture work mags/pictures so that they dont feel out of place.

On a Side note, DDS i save in GIMP crash CK but if i own it in Paint.Net and save it, works perfectly fine.

Ive not done a back cover yet, but I would imagine the process is the same - get the image file from the BA2 and use it as a template. Create a BGSM for it and then do the custom material swap in the CK.

13 hours ago, PsychoFox said:

I'm back again with another question! How do I change a weapon's loading animation?

I've already created a new weapon based on Nuka-World's  "Thirst Zapper". I've applied unique textures, ammo, mods, etc. and all of that works fine.

I just want to change the gun to use the Alien Blaster's reload animation instead of it's default one. Considering that the thirs zapper is 100% based off of the alien blaster, I assume this should be possible. The gun even has AP's ammo cell sticking out of it's rear end so..

Is this done from within the CK and if so where is the option?

Additionally, what is the best way to add a new category under chem station?

Chem Station custom menu? Easy. Make a KEYWORD form, whatever form name you want, doesnt matter. Just make sure you give it a DISPLAY NAME (the MENU NAME in the workbench) and a TYPE. Type needs to be RECIPE FILTER. See the attached screenshot for how I created my RSE ITEMS chemstation menu using a single keyword. And then, when you make your CONSTRUCTABLE OBJECT form for whatever item, you just attach that keyword as a Recipe Filter. This holds true whether chemstation, cook station, weapons bench, etc. So long as the Workbench Keyword is set properly on the COBJ and the recipe filter keyword is assigned, the menu will show in that station with whatever COBJs have the recipe filter.

Capture.JPG.80f3f77877716e729774a2e68904d819.JPGCapture.thumb.JPG.44198f37a6429bcea06fce0a4cee4a8c.JPG

Now, as to the custom anims, on this I do not have a clue - Ive not had to do this yet. But I would assume you need to create a new loose child in the 1st and 3rd person character weapon subgraphs that link the anims to your weapon. On this I totally suggest posting on the Nexus Modders forums for FO4 - loads of people there that do weapon mods that should be able to assist.

All right, I'll bite - because I'm hitting a wall right now.  I've got an armor concept I'm working on.  Pic below of the helmet.  The helmet works in game, no issues there - textures look great, etc.  What I'm trying to do here is create an armor variant based on the NCR Ranger armor - only a Boston Police style, based on a smaller version of the T45 helmet.  Converting the helmet to an actual wearable armor (from furniture) was challenging, to say the least - but it's working great in game.

I've got the mesh pretty well done, might make some addition adjustments - but we're like 90% there.  What I'm looking for help/ideas/suggestions on is getting the eyes to light up when the player's flashlight is on.  The eyes don't need to emit light, I'm not trying to replace the flashlight (like the X0-1 helmet) - but rather just light up.

I've created an alternate materials file and glow map - that's all working well enough and on two different helmets - it produces the effect I am after. (one glowing, one not).

What I need assistance with is figuring out how to incorporate the glowing eyes in to a single helmet, the way that the X0-1 does it.  I can see in the vanilla files that the X0-1 eyes have glowing textures  - but not sure how the game knows the light turned on and automatically swaps in the mesh with the glowing eyes.  I assume some script is needed, but can't find any reference to any scripts attached to the X0-1 helmet, which leads me to believe it's being done elsewhere, perhaps in a general pip-boy light script handler - only I'm coming up blank.

Any ideas? 

image.png

7 minutes ago, AWP3RATOR said:

All right, I'll bite - because I'm hitting a wall right now.  I've got an armor concept I'm working on.  Pic below of the helmet.  The helmet works in game, no issues there - textures look great, etc.  What I'm trying to do here is create an armor variant based on the NCR Ranger armor - only a Boston Police style, based on a smaller version of the T45 helmet.  Converting the helmet to an actual wearable armor (from furniture) was challenging, to say the least - but it's working great in game.

I've got the mesh pretty well done, might make some addition adjustments - but we're like 90% there.  What I'm looking for help/ideas/suggestions on is getting the eyes to light up when the player's flashlight is on.  The eyes don't need to emit light, I'm not trying to replace the flashlight (like the X0-1 helmet) - but rather just light up.

I've created an alternate materials file and glow map - that's all working well enough and on two different helmets - it produces the effect I am after. (one glowing, one not).

What I need assistance with is figuring out how to incorporate the glowing eyes in to a single helmet, the way that the X0-1 does it.  I can see in the vanilla files that the X0-1 eyes have glowing textures  - but not sure how the game knows the light turned on and automatically swaps in the mesh with the glowing eyes.  I assume some script is needed, but can't find any reference to any scripts attached to the X0-1 helmet, which leads me to believe it's being done elsewhere, perhaps in a general pip-boy light script handler - only I'm coming up blank.

Any ideas? 

image.png

My guess is, and its only a guess as I dont do model stuff, but I am thinking there is likely a block in the nif that handles it. Or... one of the MOD ASSOCIATION keywords, or the headlamp OMOD, which has a c-headlamp connect point.

I dont play much with PA, so correct me if I am wrong, but the eyes only light up when the headlamp is activated, right? If so, then I think we can link this to the OMOD for the headlamp.

Per the Fallout WIKI: The headlamp is most commonly used after entering a suit of power armor and is activated with the same hotkey. However, instead of a light that surrounds the player, it resembles a spotlight similar to those used by submersibles. The T-45, T-51 and T-60 models all have the light mounted on the head, while the X-01 model has the light coming out of the eyes.

So this kind of answers it I would think. Look at the OMOD "PA_X01_Helmet_Headlamp".

Capture.thumb.JPG.3908eca7342ce319f8f2c2752a576e14.JPG

Somewhere in here is the answer. We can rule out RECIPES as this links it to the COBJ. So either the LOOSE MOD or the OMOD Assoc Keyword list is what links the glowing eyes to the pipboy / headlamp toggle.

5 minutes ago, AWP3RATOR said:

Thanks, it's a good direction to go in, and supports my findings that the X-01 doesn't seem to have any scripts attached to it...  I'll have a go at testing this out and see what i get.  Thanks!

Digging in, I found some more interesting items, this one the most promising, though I am not sure how it triggers (and will continue to research this).

DFOB - "PipboyLightOverride_DO"

Capture.JPG.265ac5fb6e156b38d118b2c14f06ee07.JPG

This Default Object references a specific light.

Capture.thumb.JPG.567ebd780132988ddc18c7762fab1854.JPG

So perhaps this too is something to look into...

Also... look into this Addon Node form, as this is what puts the light into the helmet and thus, the game world.

Capture.JPG.8546ff51ddfd8d1b03aad1a3c7987d56.JPG

It looks like the 'headlamp' on the X-01, which is likely the eyes, is contained in the nif called "Actors\PowerArmor\CharacterAssets\Mods\PA_X1_Headlamp_FX.nif". Maybe this will point you further along.

You're right on the last bits - the X-01 has several meshes for the eye lights.  One is the eye meshes glowing, and the other is the cone of light that replaces the pip-boy light.  The latter is linked to a Light reference which specifies color, intensity, etc.  I don't need that part - just the swapped in mesh when light is turned on.  I think this is what I needed.  I was looking at Niero's Strigadae helmet, which does exactly what I'm looking for - but his stuff is a bit over my head and is using mostly all custom assets - but he IS using the T-45 light in the helmet for at least part of it - so that seems to be consistent with this info too.

Thanks again!

trying to make a err multi page book, so u can press down arrow and change the art work sort of like "Real comic mod" but i can only get it to half work, i can get the imgs in but everything shrinks and looks like its stuck inside a border/bounds, cause i can increase image size using height='431' width='415 which makes it fit in side the border, making thous numbers higher does't help it just cuts the image it off

Spoiler

Y85VeaP.gif

No matter what i try i keep geting

Spoiler

a69c95df720a9e947c8204a3709d33a1.png

Note the stop file name is the size i made them in CK (415 all the image fits, 515 img looks bigger but it also cuts a lot out

c22f78fd1f5d1dbcb9060cf014d22a52.jpg

*edit*

Might of worked it out, i dont think that like being in /props/mags folder

4 hours ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

Ive not done a back cover yet, but I would imagine the process is the same - get the image file from the BA2 and use it as a template. Create a BGSM for it and then do the custom material swap in the CK.

Chem Station custom menu? Easy. Make a KEYWORD form, whatever form name you want, doesnt matter. Just make sure you give it a DISPLAY NAME (the MENU NAME in the workbench) and a TYPE. Type needs to be RECIPE FILTER. See the attached screenshot for how I created my RSE ITEMS chemstation menu using a single keyword. And then, when you make your CONSTRUCTABLE OBJECT form for whatever item, you just attach that keyword as a Recipe Filter. This holds true whether chemstation, cook station, weapons bench, etc. So long as the Workbench Keyword is set properly on the COBJ and the recipe filter keyword is assigned, the menu will show in that station with whatever COBJs have the recipe filter.

Capture.JPG.80f3f77877716e729774a2e68904d819.JPGCapture.thumb.JPG.44198f37a6429bcea06fce0a4cee4a8c.JPG

Now, as to the custom anims, on this I do not have a clue - Ive not had to do this yet. But I would assume you need to create a new loose child in the 1st and 3rd person character weapon subgraphs that link the anims to your weapon. On this I totally suggest posting on the Nexus Modders forums for FO4 - loads of people there that do weapon mods that should be able to assist.

Once again, thank you for taking the time an mentoring us.

I have since managed to find a safe, script-based method to alter the game's formlists and created my own custom category under the workshop menu.

I have also created a new object based on the chemistry station.

So now I want to have this new crafting station (let's call it Lab) to have it's own list of constructible objects and not include the chem station ones. How do I do this?

8 hours ago, AWP3RATOR said:

You're right on the last bits - the X-01 has several meshes for the eye lights.  One is the eye meshes glowing, and the other is the cone of light that replaces the pip-boy light.  The latter is linked to a Light reference which specifies color, intensity, etc.  I don't need that part - just the swapped in mesh when light is turned on.  I think this is what I needed.  I was looking at Niero's Strigadae helmet, which does exactly what I'm looking for - but his stuff is a bit over my head and is using mostly all custom assets - but he IS using the T-45 light in the helmet for at least part of it - so that seems to be consistent with this info too.

Thanks again!

bit of a long shot but have you looked at this: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9571, it sprung when you said eye lights :smile:

7 hours ago, PsychoFox said:

Once again, thank you for taking the time an mentoring us.

I have since managed to find a safe, script-based method to alter the game's formlists and created my own custom category under the workshop menu.

I have also created a new object based on the chemistry station.

So now I want to have this new crafting station (let's call it Lab) to have it's own list of constructible objects and not include the chem station ones. How do I do this?

Phew! Thats quite the undertaking youve got!

For starters, so your constructable objects know where they can be built, you need a specific keyword for that Lab object. So, create a keyword for it, such as WorkbenchLab. Then when you are doing your COBJ, you use this dropdown instead of WorkbenchChemlab. Combined with that keyword and the recipe filter, the object in question will only be built in the Lab.

You also need to assign this keyword to the FURNITURE item that the LAB is made from. That way the engine knows this piece of furniture is the actual lab at which you can build your linked items.

These two things may not be enough, but they are certainly a start - my brain needs caffeine, as I just woke up, but yeah - these two things should either work or get you to almost working... note, if you cloned the Chemistry Station furniture, you need to remove the keyword WorkbenchChemlab from its list (on your copy) and then put your new keyword in its place.

21 hours ago, TacomancerCat said:

trying to make a err multi page book, so u can press down arrow and change the art work sort of like "Real comic mod" but i can only get it to half work, i can get the imgs in but everything shrinks and looks like its stuck inside a border/bounds, cause i can increase image size using height='431' width='415 which makes it fit in side the border, making thous numbers higher does't help it just cuts the image it off

Reveal hidden contents

Y85VeaP.gif

No matter what i try i keep geting

Reveal hidden contents

a69c95df720a9e947c8204a3709d33a1.png

Note the stop file name is the size i made them in CK (415 all the image fits, 515 img looks bigger but it also cuts a lot out

c22f78fd1f5d1dbcb9060cf014d22a52.jpg

*edit*

Might of worked it out, i dont think that like being in /props/mags folder

The problem too is there is a limited area on the page to display things - it cannot stretch full page, unless you make the page background the entire image...

13 hours ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

Phew! Thats quite the undertaking youve got!

For starters, so your constructable objects know where they can be built, you need a specific keyword for that Lab object. So, create a keyword for it, such as WorkbenchLab. Then when you are doing your COBJ, you use this dropdown instead of WorkbenchChemlab. Combined with that keyword and the recipe filter, the object in question will only be built in the Lab.

You also need to assign this keyword to the FURNITURE item that the LAB is made from. That way the engine knows this piece of furniture is the actual lab at which you can build your linked items.

These two things may not be enough, but they are certainly a start - my brain needs caffeine, as I just woke up, but yeah - these two things should either work or get you to almost working... note, if you cloned the Chemistry Station furniture, you need to remove the keyword WorkbenchChemlab from its list (on your copy) and then put your new keyword in its place.

Flashy delivers again! I now have a workshop category which installs itself via a script, and then gets rid of itself via an item crafted from a workbench from that category. Honestly the hardest part so far has been CK's general instability even on a beefy system :frown: 

So here's a question regarding perks.

I'm using a custom SWF for a new perk which i have defined. I can get the graphic to show up in the Pipboy's perk screen, and practically everywhere else, EXCEPT the crafting menus. You know, where it's denoted that you need to have a certain perk to construct an object. I've got the perk itself working, and it's name showing, but not the SWF.

1 minute ago, PsychoFox said:

So here's a question regarding perks.

I'm using a custom SWF for a new perk which i have defined. I can get the graphic to show up in the Pipboy's perk screen, and practically everywhere else, EXCEPT the crafting menus. You know, where it's denoted that you need to have a certain perk to construct an object. I've got the perk itself working, and it's name showing, but not the SWF.

I dont think Ive ever seen this working to be honest, so what you are seeing may in fact be normal...

8 minutes ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

I dont think Ive ever seen this working to be honest, so what you are seeing may in fact be normal...

Aww sucks

5 hours ago, alexjet85 said:

can you do a mutation mod?

like every 60 seconds while in radiatons, you have a random chance of body modification ( using looksmenu ?).

i don't know if it's hard to make, so sorry for asking :tongue:

As long as you have the right psc file from f4se (bodygen.psc), you can for sure do random changes to any of the body slide sliders. If you reference adding a new body part, like a third arm, the answer to this is no sadly...

3 hours ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

As long as you have the right psc file from f4se (bodygen.psc), you can for sure do random changes to any of the body slide sliders. If you reference adding a new body part, like a third arm, the answer to this is no sadly...

more like breast/waist/butt slider from CBBE/looksmenu ;)

7 minutes ago, alexjet85 said:

more like breast/waist/butt slider from CBBE/looksmenu ;)

Totally possible then.

You just do a SetMorph command whenever a triggered event occurs. That simple. Exactly how Family Planning changes body shape / size due to pregnancy.

I mean, yes, it is that simple, but there is a LOT of consideration to be taken, such as recording original body shape in case you give the player the means to revert to their original size/shape. You also need to consider Family Planning, as if you add size/shape to a pregnant player, you would be recording their pregnant size and not their original size, so it gets complicated. Unless you block changes on a pregnant player....

Archived