Billyys Animations for SE

4 hours ago, Claysson2 said:

Trying to load Billyy's Human 1.2 & furniture 1.1 with SLAL, but they don't show in MCM/SLAL. I'm trying to get the animations loaded in 1.5.39 & 2.0.7. My thoughts are that JContainers hasn't been updated yet.

jeppp....

On 10/03/2018 at 5:14 PM, moddyguy said:

I just resaved in the kit to get rid of wryebash warning. one less prompt to click thru.

thanks for the port again. seems to work fine on my set up.

I used too. But with frequent updates, it just became an annoyance. And I found converting tended to cause more problems than worrying about a form number.

Besides, as great as Wrye Bash is, it is getting old. I just ignore the warnings unless it flags something other than the form number.

Generally works ok for me, but everyone has to find what works for them. :smile:

16 hours ago, General Neondaze said:

I used too. But with frequent updates, it just became an annoyance. And I found converting tended to cause more problems than worrying about a form number.

Besides, as great as Wrye Bash is, it is getting old. I just ignore the warnings unless it flags something other than the form number.

Generally works ok for me, but everyone has to find what works for them. :smile:

Same here.... I have been porting mods far longer than the the release date of SL 1.63 and until now I haven't found one that needed to be 'touched' And when I asked, noone could tell me about one.  

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Yoxgg04 said:

not sure if its my load order but my game crashes when its installed

ive ran loot as well

Loot can only help you with mods, that it knows. 

I had the same problem with my new set up and the only solution was to reduce the number of mods and the nuber of anims. Even if you can install more anims with FNIS XXL now, there is still a limit of strings the game can handle. (See billyy's thread)

• 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Tenebris305 said:

Is this supposed to show up in MCM? Installed it and went through the options and than played for a bit. Tried resetting animations in sexlab. Nothing. 

It will appear in SL anim loader, and if you register them There the anims will also show up in SL.

15 minutes ago, Tenebris305 said:

I am an idiot and thank you for your time. I forgot to install sl animation.

I downloaded it and forgot it.

Thanks again.

As usual, you have not been the first, and you will not be the last....

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Ruse said:

Unofficial patch authors say Form 43 mods can eventually cause corruption of saves in SE. Is not hard, If publishing converstons publically, no reason to skip this IMO.

What ever the future will bring: for now most of my ports made less trouble without resaving for me than the resaved versions did for others. I also broke some original SE Mods by simply resaving them.

EDITed: The right header will not make a bad mod more stable and the wrong one will not make a good mod bad. Thats what I say, because I worked for me for a long time now. But I will not stop you  from resaving it yourself.

5 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

are not to be trusted.

I hate this discussion... Someone read something written by someon who heard from his uncle that his grandfather was told by a frind that someone... I tryed to get to the source of this and in the end I found out, that it is just a big 'MAYBE' and only a few mods MIGHT be affected. There are a few entries you have to look at and even those entries usually don't do any harm, if the original authors did a good job before.

Interesting thing is, that none of them said that it is neccessary in general and it turned into a big 'MUST HAVE BEEN DONE' on the way.

Another point for me is, that the header says nothing about if meshes are set up correctly or the textures are SE compatible or if the scripts are stable. And the tools the ppl are refering to when it comes to editing mods for SE are not perfect. 

5 hours ago, Pfiffy said:

it's like the Skyrim.ini Papyrus Tweaks: the information is as conflicting as hell with no one knowing what the actual truth is.

since i don't see massive reports of dead SSE saves here i'd say the 43 header is indeed safe.

15 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

it's like the Skyrim.ini Papyrus Tweaks: the information is as conflicting as hell with no one knowing what the actual truth is.

since i don't see massive reports of dead SSE saves here i'd say the 43 header is indeed safe.

Even with dead saves it is not said, that they come from mods with the 43 header. With a look at some of the load orders here it is more likely that they break them with simply too many Script heavy mods/anims/heavy weight armors/ENB/Physics stuff... and then blame the smallest mod they have because it has the old header.

5 hours ago, Pfiffy said:

Even with dead saves it is not said, that they come from mods with the 43 header. With a look at some of the load orders here it is more likely that they break them with simply too many Script heavy mods/anims/heavy weight armors/ENB/Physics stuff... and then blame the smallest mod they have because it has the old header.

When people don't know for sure what the problem is, they latch onto the first thing they hear as the culprit.  And it's easy to blame the 43/44 because the first thing Bethesda said about mods and SSE was you NEEDED to open the mod in the CK and resave it or THE WORLD WOULD END AS WE KNOW IT!!!!!  Well, OK, they said it should be done, but they made it sound like it was required or the game would break...

Kind of reminds me of the various discussions of what mods were breaking the opening cart ride scene in the game .  First it was Animated Prostitution, then Immersive Armors, then SOS, etc.  Funny thing was no one could explain to me how the second time I went through the cart scene, it bugged out --- ON THE FRIGGIN' XBOX 360!  No mods, nothing.  And yet, I still got the cart ride bug that everyone still blames on the current mod of the day. 

All I know is when I decide to try an oldrim mod in SSE (that some else has not thoughtfully "converted" for me - thanks guys!), I do run it through the CK.  I've found a couple mods that returned so many strange and indecipherable errors/warnings that I skipped them.  Maybe they would have worked, maybe not, but I'll not spend the time to find out.  But the ones I have "converted" (resaved in the CK) so far have not caused me any issues (SLATE, Sexlab Adventures, couple more I can remember off-hand).  Think I may try SLEN soon...