SE Compatibility Tracking (Apr 16)

8 hours ago, zarantha said:

I had to grab fnis sexy move, consoleutil and aradia devious devices integrated before they would recompile.

This is what I did:

dcur_cursedSlaveBootsScript.psc
dcur_hisecSlaveBootsScript.psc
dcur_lb_SlaveBootsScript.psc
dcur_lb_RubberBootsScript.psc
dcur_RubberBootsScript.psc
dcur_stunSlaveBootsScript.psc

- if SKSE.GetPluginVersion("NiOverride") < 5 || NiOverride.GetScriptVersion() < 5
+ if SKSE.GetPluginVersion("NiOverride") < 5 || SKSE.GetPluginVersion("skee") < 1 || NiOverride.GetScriptVersion() < 5

Are you at a point where you can test the boots?  Can you try these and see if it works for you?

dcur_lb_SlaveBootsScript.pex

dcur_RubberBootsScript.pex

dcur_stunSlaveBootsScript.pex

dcur_cursedSlaveBootsScript.pex

dcur_hisecSlaveBootsScript.pex

dcur_lb_RubberBootsScript.pex

It didn't work, but I think it is because of the || in the check. (Can't have NiOverride and Skee at the same time, so that will always fail.) Try this:

- if SKSE.GetPluginVersion("NiOverride") < 5 || SKSE.GetPluginVersion("skee") < 1 || NiOverride.GetScriptVersion() < 5

+ if SKSE.GetPluginVersion("NiOverride") < 5 && SKSE.GetPluginVersion("skee") < 1 || NiOverride.GetScriptVersion() < 5

5 hours ago, idgaflulz said:

It didn't work, but I think it is because of the || in the check. (Can't have NiOverride and Skee at the same time, so that will always fail.) Try this:

- if SKSE.GetPluginVersion("NiOverride") < 5 || SKSE.GetPluginVersion("skee") < 1 || NiOverride.GetScriptVersion() < 5

+ if SKSE.GetPluginVersion("NiOverride") < 5 && SKSE.GetPluginVersion("skee") < 1 || NiOverride.GetScriptVersion() < 5

Hmm, I was thinking if it didn't work, it would be because I needed to throw some parenthesis around the first set since || is an 'or'. That way nioverride and skee get evaluated first.

Changed the scripts to:

if SKSE.GetPluginVersion("NiOverride") < 5 && SKSE.GetPluginVersion("skee") < 1 || NiOverride.GetScriptVersion() < 5

It goes quick now that I have everything at least. Try these, if there's still a problem, let me know and I'll try this next:

if (SKSE.GetPluginVersion("NiOverride") < 5 || SKSE.GetPluginVersion("skee") < 1) || NiOverride.GetScriptVersion() < 5

I was looking at mods i could use with my conversion of DDa/i/e.

Starting from the smallest/simplest ones, i picked Devious Captures 2.9.0.

1. Load in SSEEdit, use "Clean Masters" and save.
    The plugin was set to have a master dependency on ZaZAnimationPack.esm, but doesn't actually use anything from it.

2. Resave in CK for SSE
    While at it, i also recompiled those three scripts - not sure if that is neccessary for SK-to-SSE conversion, but i always do it.
    You will obviously need all the sources it depends on, which should be at least the SkyUI-SDK (you can use script sources from v5.2 for Oldrim), not sure if there is anything more needed (maybe i already had it, so compiler didn't complain, and as a result i dont know).

Seems to be working fine, no errors, no problems, but i played with it just about an hour, so i cannot say i properly tested it.

EDIT: What i did was actually horribly wrong.

I forgot to add SexLabDefeat.esp back as a master, after resaving from 64bit CK.

This resulted in broken binding of the "Robber" property, breaking the mod's functionality!

Do the following instead:

1. Load into CK

2. Recompile the scripts (optional)
    Not required, but i usually do it whenever i can, because it often helps uncover any potential issues.
    You will need to have various other required scripts (console utils, FNIS sexy move, and some others).

3. Save and exit CK

4. Add back SexLabDefeat.esp master using xEdit
    Load the plugin into xEdit, and make sure you also check SexLabDefeat.esp and that it loads ABOVE mslDeviousCaptures.esp.
    Use "Add Masters..." to add SexLabDefeat.esp as a master.
    Leave ZaZAnimationPack.esm as a master or not (i don't think removing it can hurt anything, but i decided to keep it there just in case).

5. Fix broken binding of Robber property.
    Look at quest mslDC2MainQST and find property named Robber amongst the properties of mslDC2FunctionsSCR script.
    Make sure the Robber property binds to alias 056 AliasLastAgg on quest DefeatPlayerQST "Defeated" [QUST:07000D62] (formId may be different depending on any additional plugins you loaded).

6. Save the plugin.

19 hours ago, idgaflulz said:

Cursed Loot seems to work for the most part, but I can't figure out how to recompile the six slave boot scripts to update the NiOverride version check.

I made the code change on the .psc files, I just can't figure out how to compile them.

Open the mod in Creation Kit, use the Papyrus Script Manager to find the six scripts, and right-click Compile them. You need to have all the script dependencies installed, which tends to be not just the required mods but also the soft dependencies too. For Cursed Loot, that's potentially a lot, but you can compile with what you have, look for errors about unknown types, figure out what mods those types (scripts) belong to, install those, rinse and repeat until it works.

19 hours ago, Zitsandrash86 said:

Is it worth starting over and modding SSE? Is it more stable than oldrim? I have yet to get a highly stable playthrough of oldrim with LL mods but if SSE can handle it better I'm all in.

I've put 150+ hours into SSE (which isn't that much) and 80+ mods (also not much) and I have had exactly three crashes: one due to a bad merge patch I made, one due to a mod that I couldn't quite track down but I know it was a mod and not the game, and one because of NiOverride's face overlays and an attempted decapitation.

Every important SKSE mod I know of has been converted for SSE. Most prominent normal mods have SSE versions, and 99% of other mods are convertable if you know how. SexLab is a stable beta. And SSE is significantly more stable than Oldrim.

Yes, I think it's worth it. Personally, I had put off moving to SSE until shortly before I started this thread two months ago.

2 hours ago, zarantha said:

Hmm, I was thinking if it didn't work, it would be because I needed to throw some parenthesis around the first set since || is an 'or'. That way nioverride and skee get evaluated first.

Changed the scripts to:

if SKSE.GetPluginVersion("NiOverride") < 5 && SKSE.GetPluginVersion("skee") < 1 || NiOverride.GetScriptVersion() < 5

It goes quick now that I have everything at least. Try these, if there's still a problem, let me know and I'll try this next:

if (SKSE.GetPluginVersion("NiOverride") < 5 || SKSE.GetPluginVersion("skee") < 1) || NiOverride.GetScriptVersion() < 5

The first || does need to be a &&, as idgaflulz pointed out. Think about what it says:

"If the NiOverride plugin is missing or below version 5, or if the skee plugin is missing or below version 1, or if the NiOverride code is below version 5"

- If you only have NiOverride (Oldrim) then you won't have skee (SSE), thus the second part will be true, and the version check will fail

- If you only have skee then you won't have NiOverride, the first part will be true, and the version check will fail

It may seem backwards but the code has to say

"If the NiOverride plugin is missing or below version 5 and the skee plugin is missing or below version 1,"

Side note: mixing operators like that means you should consider whether parentheses are necessary, but && has higher precedence than || so they are not (because they're basically already implied). Not that doing so would hurt.

4 hours ago, zarantha said:

Changed the scripts to:

That version seems to have done the trick. I don't get the NiOverride error any longer.

I was thinking the parentheses would be needed as well, but another script which did a similar thing didn't have them so I wasn't sure.

Issues I've seen so far:

1) I noticed while playing around with some of the items that there seems to be an issue with some of the textures. I might try to figure out how to use NifScope and see if I can diagnose that.

2) We need a CBBE SE conversion on the meshes. They're off slightly.

3) Physics items don't work, of course.

I'll probably leave it running and play around to see if I can find any actual bugs, but it seems to be good so far other than what is listed above.

Re: #1) I think this is just due to the lack of Bodyslide files for Newmiller's experimental latex, so it just falls into the #2 item.

1 hour ago, tasairis said:

The first || does need to be a &&, as idgaflulz pointed out. Think about what it says:

"If the NiOverride plugin is missing or below version 5, or if the skee plugin is missing or below version 1, or if the NiOverride code is below version 5"

- If you only have NiOverride (Oldrim) then you won't have skee (SSE), thus the second part will be true, and the version check will fail

- If you only have skee then you won't have NiOverride, the first part will be true, and the version check will fail

It may seem backwards but the code has to say

"If the NiOverride plugin is missing or below version 5 and the skee plugin is missing or below version 1,"

Side note: mixing operators like that means you should consider whether parentheses are necessary, but && has higher precedence than || so they are not (because they're basically already implied). Not that doing so would hurt.

That's exactly what I was thinking with the ||.  It may take a bit to wrap my head around how it works. :smiley:

I think it's the negative statements that are confusing me. I want one to be true, but if one is true, the version check fails right? I think that's what I was doing wrong.

Thank you for the explanation.

1 hour ago, Roggvir said:

What more is needed for the Devious Captures? Maybe i could provide what is missing?

I need someone else to say it works for them. I decided on a policy of not marking anything convertable unless two or more people say it works for them, and you're the first I know of to try Devious Captures. Not that I don't believe you or other people - I just want a second opinion.

1 hour ago, tasairis said:

I need someone else to say it works for them. I decided on a policy of not marking anything convertable unless two or more people say it works for them, and you're the first I know of to try Devious Captures. Not that I don't believe you or other people - I just want a second opinion.

Ah, of course, that is a wise policy.

On 20.2.2018 at 12:35 AM, tasairis said:

≈ Convertable mods have been converted by some users successfully and are working without problems. Guides/instructions/steps will be linked to if any.

On 20.2.2018 at 12:35 AM, tasairis said:

Can someone point me in the direction to where i might obtain the converted version of that?

7 hours ago, Aiko said:

Can someone point me in the direction to where i might obtain the converted version of that?

There is no port released jet, You have to do it yourself. It is one of the easier things. I have it fully working in SE. 

10 hours ago, Pfiffy said:

There is no port released jet, You have to do it yourself. It is one of the easier things. I have it fully working in SE. 

Which files need converting?

ESP, NIF and HKX? 

2 hours ago, John Las said:

Question for you helper: Do I have to convert UI extensions?

SE doesn't load with it enabled.

UI Extensions requires the BSA to be extracted and deleted. SE will crash if you don't extract the Oldrim BSAs and delete them.

From the first page:

On 2/19/2018 at 6:35 PM, tasairis said:

≈ .bsa / Archives - Unpack with Bethesda Archive Extractor into loose form.

I typically extract the mod to a folder, then use the archive extractor to extract the contents of the BSA to the same folder I extracted the mod to. All that should be in the UI Extensions BSA is an interface and scripts folder, so no nifs or animations to convert. After the BSA extract is done delete the BSA and then zip up the extracted mod folder and add it to your mod manager. Install normally there.

After install you can load up the esp in the CK and then save it, or skip that step like Pfiffy does.

I like to save it in the CK- there's been one mod where I didn't do that and it broke my bashed patch and made the game crash. (Insignificant Object Remover will do that) I'm not in a rush to go through that frustration again. :smiley:

2 hours ago, John Las said:

Question for you helper: Do I have to convert UI extensions?

SE doesn't load with it enabled.

Don't have the Problem. There is nothing to convert Ui extensions. If your game CTD'S with it enabled it must be a conflict with some other mod.

22 hours ago, znaroks said:

TDF SexLab Aroused Rape and Aroused Sexy Idles v3.2

Aroused Rape works out of the box, all I did was open and close in Creation Kit

Might add to non-consensual list OP

The sexy Idles part prolly works too when the animations are converted but I'm not interested in testing that part

edit; working on it ... 

Worked for me too except it didn't have any animations (I didn't convert them either). I was hoping it would use sexlab animations but the actors just stood there. 

On 4/23/2018 at 10:20 AM, tasairis said:

Following Roggvir's guide to conversion minus recompiling the scripts works on my end for Devious Captures.

Also tested Deviously Helpless. Just resaving the esp in CK64 worked for me. Still playing through to make sure there are no bugs but I was able to trigger the scene.

On 4/26/2018 at 9:10 AM, coldkillerlips said:

Also tested Deviously Helpless. Just resaving the esp in CK64 worked for me. Still playing through to make sure there are no bugs but I was able to trigger the scene.

I took a peek at the scripts, and two of them (WD_EventLegCuffs and WD_eventWornVibrate) are referencing libs.Config.HardcoreEffects, which was removed in DD v4.0, so for a clean port, those two scripts should be edited to reflect that change and recompiled.

WD_EventLegCuffs.psc

Find line: if libs.IsAnimating(akActor) || !libs.Config.HardcoreEffects && akActor == libs.PlayerRef && akActor.GetCombatState() >= 1

Change to: if libs.IsAnimating(akActor) || akActor == libs.PlayerRef && akActor.GetCombatState() >= 1

WD_eventWornVibrate.psc

Find line: if !libs.Config.HardcoreEffects && akActor == libs.PlayerRef && akActor.GetCombatState() >= 1

Change to: if akActor == libs.PlayerRef && akActor.GetCombatState() >= 1

EDIT: Just one more thing...

The perk Helplessly broke contains two Perk Entries that use invalid keyword.

I do not know if that was always the case and i didn't notice, or if it is due to some change introduced in the recently published official port of DD.

In any case, i recommend you use xEdit to find and remove these two perk entries (its easier to do in xEdit, because CK keeps switching the rows, making it hard to tell which ones you alredy looked at in order t ofind the ones referencing the invalid keyword).