SE Compatibility Tracking (Mar 26)

Apparently there is a 2.0.20 version of SKSE64...released Oct 2nd.

https://skse.silverlock.org/beta/skse64_2_00_20.7z

- mark changed flags for SetHarvested
- process priority loader command line argument now actually works
- loader change: dll main functions are called outside LoadLibrary

Despite the beta URL, the download link is presented on the front page as the current version.

RaceMenu Memory Leak !

skee64.dll is causing a memory leak. This is very noticeable in densely populated locations and almost imperceptibly in dungeons where there are no people. If you use mods that add NPCs, for example Immersive Wenches, Deadly Wenches, memory leaks interfere with the game very much.
1.We go into any house in Whiterun and exit. I have + 200 Mb. We repeat, + 200 Mb more.
2. Fast travel  Whiterun - Morphal - Solitude - Danstar - Winterhold - Windhelm - Riften - Ivarsted - Whiterun I get +2 Gb leaks. I repeat +2 Gb leaks. :sad:

The more NPCs, the more memory leak. Rather, when you revisit the cell, the memory for the NPC is re-allocated.

Who has mods for additional NPCs, check me.

PS.
On version 4.13 the same problem
Disabling .esp doesn't help. Dll only

Wenches  have almost no scripts.
Same with Interesting NPCs

PSS
Forgotten Vale walkthrough does not give any memory leaks
8 hours ago, 4nk8r said:

Apparently there is a 2.0.20 version of SKSE64...released Oct 2nd.

https://skse.silverlock.org/beta/skse64_2_00_20.7z

- mark changed flags for SetHarvested
- process priority loader command line argument now actually works
- loader change: dll main functions are called outside LoadLibrary

Despite the beta URL, the download link is presented on the front page as the current version.

Didn't even realize that there was one. Thanks for the heads up. Although given that in less than a month, Bethesda is releasing their massive update to the game, that version will be changing shortly after anyway. no point in updating it now.

2 hours ago, feodor.icon said:
RaceMenu Memory Leak !

skee64.dll is causing a memory leak. This is very noticeable in densely populated locations and almost imperceptibly in dungeons where there are no people. If you use mods that add NPCs, for example Immersive Wenches, Deadly Wenches, memory leaks interfere with the game very much.
1.We go into any house in Whiterun and exit. I have + 200 Mb. We repeat, + 200 Mb more.
2. Fast travel  Whiterun - Morphal - Solitude - Danstar - Winterhold - Windhelm - Riften - Ivarsted - Whiterun I get +2 Gb leaks. I repeat +2 Gb leaks. :sad:

The more NPCs, the more memory leak. Rather, when you revisit the cell, the memory for the NPC is re-allocated.

Who has mods for additional NPCs, check me.

PS.
On version 4.13 the same problem
Disabling .esp doesn't help. Dll only

Wenches  have almost no scripts.
Same with Interesting NPCs

PSS
Forgotten Vale walkthrough does not give any memory leaks

Maybe you should post this on Nexus to the Racemenu thread ?

2 hours ago, feodor.icon said:

Published. Wrote a message to the author. No answer. The author has not been shown on the Nexus for about a year.
Posted on the Nexus forum.

Expired was last active on Nexusmods on 2021/10/05.  Odds are they'll see your post.

Edit:  If you posted anything.  I don't see anything in the POSTS section of the mod related to what you posted earlier.  Don't send private messages to Expired.  Probably he'll ignore those.  Post in the POSTS section of the mod instead.

Edit 2: Looks like the posts section was locked.  No wonder you sent a private message ;).  Good luck

Edited by 4nk8r
43 minutes ago, 4nk8r said:

If you posted anything.  I don't see anything in the POSTS section of the mod related to what you posted earlier.  Don't send private messages to Expired.  Probably he'll ignore those.  Post in the POSTS section of the mod instead.

I wrote on October 11. Nicname: andreyvsh

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?showtopic=6882167/#entry100375688  

Thanks for the answer.

I've been looking for the source of this problem for about a year.

1 hour ago, 4nk8r said:

Expired was last active on Nexusmods on 2021/10/05.  Odds are they'll see your post.

Edit:  If you posted anything.  I don't see anything in the POSTS section of the mod related to what you posted earlier.  Don't send private messages to Expired.  Probably he'll ignore those.  Post in the POSTS section of the mod instead.

Edit 2: Looks like the posts section was locked.  No wonder you sent a private message ;).  Good luck

post sections on both SE/LE are unlocked 

On 10/12/2021 at 1:35 AM, Vachnic said:

Funny... I was JUST thinking "Thank god Skyrim hasn't been updated recently", cos I have a fully functioning complicated SE install now... Me and my thoughts. Always jinxing things...

Thanks for the warning MadManGun. I shall go in lock-down mode immediately.

HAHA The same I have fully Bad Dog furry mods working too. Backup on my old SSD drive doing it now. Getting new CPU on Wed. Ryzen 7 5700G replace my old age Ryzen 3 3200G Yes My Gigbyte board b450 is comp with it and newest bios too. I spent my comics money I low blow get rid of them. ;) It's was prefect timing too. in Lansing they had Road show last two week ago. I got about 450 bucks out 13 boxes mostly where 90s-2007 lol. I know the cpu price will be going up badly because stock  going thin. and there alots cargo backup at LA port too.

This one's a bit of a doozy.

I could actually keep going - there's more. But it's late and I think I forgot to eat today.

• tasairis changed the title to SE Compatibility Tracking (Oct 18 #6442)
2 minutes ago, tasairis said:
  • Switched the primary list back to a categorized version, but now it's based on the LoversLab category for the file (or Other if not applicable)

To be precise, the category is the LE category if I've been able to associate the mod with an LE version, or the SE category if not. That's why there's a "Quest" and a "Quests".

13 hours ago, feodor.icon said:

tasairis , Have you read my post? What do you think of RaceMenu?

What about it? If there's a memory leak then there's a memory leak. Could explain some percentage of random CTDs people experience. Not much I can do about it.

Have you reported the issue on Nexus or GitHub?

Thanks for the warnings folks, I was not modding when Special Edition came out so I was not aware of the possible issues Anniversary may cause. You saved me from possibly having months of work lost. Now I have SE and the script extender backed up on an external drive. I am curious though, if I were to get a new computer, would there be any way for me to move my game and all its mods over without breaking anything? Obviously the mods are easy enough to shift back and forth, since they are just normal files. But will Skyrim still work through skse if I move the folders to a new computer and I have steam set up, or will it force me to re-download and/or update?

3 minutes ago, xipaxius02 said:

Thanks for the warnings folks, I was not modding when Special Edition came out so I was not aware of the possible issues Anniversary may cause. You saved me from possibly having months of work lost. Now I have SE and the script extender backed up on an external drive. I am curious though, if I were to get a new computer, would there be any way for me to move my game and all its mods over without breaking anything? Obviously the mods are easy enough to shift back and forth, since they are just normal files. But will Skyrim still work through skse if I move the folders to a new computer and I have steam set up, or will it force me to re-download and/or update?

I've actually just done that. 

Both PCs hardwired via ethernet connection on my provider's hub

Steam was the easy bit.  There's a load of guides as to how to copy stuff between PCs.  Basically, it's something like install Steam, and then copy over the game files from your old machine.  Everything on 'basic' Steam has worked just fine straight out of the tin..  But...

...but, anything installed and launched via a mod manager is likely to be different

Any issues you may have might be with how you go about setting up your Mod Manager on your new machine, to make the new installation think it's still on the old one - if you see what I mean ?

I can't speak for other mod managers, as I use SSE on MO2.  What the others do, I haven't a clue

Anyway, I installed MO2 on the new PC. 

Then I

- copied the downloaded mods and installed mods folders to the new PC

- copied the the profiles, saved games, etc across - you really need to make sure you get EVERYTHING, as MO2 tends to spread them about in the most odd places

- checked that all the things that should be in the skyrim root and data folders were still there intact

Then I made sure that the new MO2 install was set up for an instance of SSE, with

- its settings pointing to the places that the mod folders were, and

- that new executables created were set up pointing at where you now have your copied, installed, LOOT SSE, SSEEdit, Creation Kit, Merge Plugins, BodySlide x64, SKSE, SKSE64_loader, etc (some of those will nominally be in the same place if you havent changed your structures eg, I have all my SKSE, LOOT, MO2 etc folders held in one big root folder called c:\MODDING. which made finding things and making the MO2 pointer links so much simpler as a mere replication of the old PC)

I got a couple of things wrong in the process, but they didn't take too long to figure out that it was just my being thick, more than a major problem.  Trickiest bit, IIRC, was getting the profiles and saved games lined up properly in MO2's sights,

All in all, excluding the file transfer times and a bit of prior reading re transfer technique, I reckon it took me about 2 hours real work

So I'd recommend having a go.  If you fluff it the first time, just delete it all and start again

6 minutes ago, donkeywho said:

Both PCs hardwired via ethernet connection on my provider's hub

Steam was the easy bit.  There's a load of guides as to how to copy stuff between PCs.  Basically, it's something like install Steam, and then copy over the game files from your old machine.  Everything on 'basic' Steam has worked just fine straight out of the tin..  But...

...but, anything installed and launched via a mod manager is likely to be different

Any issues you may have might be with how you go about setting up your Mod Manager on your new machine, to make the new installation think it's still on the old one - if you see what I mean ?

I can't speak for other mod managers, as I use SSE on MO2.  What the others do, I haven't a clue

Anyway, I installed MO2 on the new PC. 

Then I

- copied the downloaded mods and installed mods folders to the new PC

- copied the the profiles, saved games, etc across - you really need to make sure you get EVERYTHING, as MO2 tends to spread them about in the most odd places

- checked that all the things that should be in the skyrim root and data folders were still there intact

Then I made sure that the new MO2 install was set up for an instance of SSE, with

- its settings pointing to the places that the mod folders were, and

- that new executables created were set up pointing at where you now have your copied, installed, LOOT SSE, SSEEdit, Creation Kit, Merge Plugins, BodySlide x64, SKSE, SKSE64_loader, etc (some of those will nominally be in the same place if you havent changed your structures eg, I have all my SKSE, LOOT, MO2 etc folders held in one big root folder called c:\MODDING. which made finding things and making the MO2 pointer links so much simpler as a mere replication of the old PC)

I got a couple of things wrong in the process, but they didn't take too long to figure out that it was just my being thick, more than a major problem.  Trickiest bit, IIRC, was getting the profiles and saved games lined up properly in MO2's sights,

All in all, excluding the file transfer times and a bit of prior reading re transfer technique, I reckon it took me about 2 hours real work

So I'd recommend having a go.  If you fluff it the first time, just delete it all and start again

Thank you, very well outlined. I've had to do similar things when I have corrupted Skyrim's base files before, so as long as Steam plays nice, should work out fairly well. Never played much with the save games or profiles, so will have to figure those out, but like you said, I can always just try again.

2 minutes ago, xipaxius02 said:

Thank you, very well outlined. I've had to do similar things when I have corrupted Skyrim's base files before, so as long as Steam plays nice, should work out fairly well. Never played much with the save games or profiles, so will have to figure those out, but like you said, I can always just try again.

Good!  If an old git like me can do it, no-one should find it too difficult  ?

24 minutes ago, donkeywho said:

How could you possibly have done that?
What you described is migration of SSE environment from one machine to another while there is no AE in that equasion yet, I've done same thing at least once already yet used different methods and tools what is rather irrelevant because effect is more or less the same.

1 hour ago, xipaxius02 said:

I use Mod Organizer 2 in portable mode, have it set to use local save files (saved in the MO2 folder instead of Documents folder), and have Steam, and MO2 installed on a second SSD. if you can do that, even a fresh install of Windows won't bork your current game. With a new install of Steam it will update your game automatically, but if you keep the exe, and your cleaned skyrim se/data files backed up, you can just replace the updated ones with the backups after it does that.