SE Compatibility Tracking (Mar 26)

This is rather odd. I am not sure if this is just a temporary outage or not for MO2, but I just got a new laptop, and i am trying to reinstall things there. I have tried v2.32 and the newest version of 2.42 for Mod Organizer 2, and during the installation (both files), when the installer get the Visual redistributables section, i get a 404 error, and I cannot proceed any further to finish installing MO2.

I've checked around and I am not seeing anything about this on Nexus, here or anywhere. Anyone else seeing this or know why this is happening ?

9 minutes ago, YojimboRatchet said:

This is rather odd. I am not sure if this is just a temporary outage or not for MO2, but I just got a new laptop, and i am trying to reinstall things there. I have tried v2.32 and the newest version of 2.42 for Mod Organizer 2, and during the installation (both files), when the installer get the Visual redistributables section, i get a 404 error, and I cannot proceed any further to finish installing MO2.

I've checked around and I am not seeing anything about this on Nexus, here or anywhere. Anyone else seeing this or know why this is happening ?

Sounds like MS might have changed the URLs again, so a redirect to download them fails.

Try installing them manually and then retry the MO2 install?

https://aka.ms/vs/16/release/vc_redist.x64.exe

Edited by zarantha
changed the url to the one from the MO2 discord
11 minutes ago, YojimboRatchet said:

Try https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads-2647da03-1eea-4433-9aff-95f26a218cc0

Install first, then run MO2 installer.

May work, may not.

7 minutes ago, YojimboRatchet said:

i think the issue is at microsoft. no matter where i go, i get 404 errors for everything. the dot net framework and vc files. weird though that the MO2 installers seems to redirect to the MS urls.

If the link I gave you doesn't work, it's something on your end.

I just downloaded it again, no problems.

Try a different browser and disabling your antivirus

Edited by judge007
10 minutes ago, judge007 said:

If the link I gave you doesn't work, it's something on your end.

I just downloaded it again, no problems.

Try a different browser and disabling your antivirus

can you post a direct link to the file you were able to download ? i'll see if that works out.