SE Compatibility Tracking (Apr 23)

30 minutes ago, peculiaris said:

Oh I long for a time I was still as optimistic as you.

I'm not saying stuff doesn't happen. I'm saying stop flying off the handle at every "breaking news" and wait until the news is actually confirmed. Because sometimes it isn't.

On 2/20/2018 at 12:35 AM, tasairis said:

Liked version is bugged in Keyword support part - after tagging body part (including vanilla armors/clothes) - later game reloads results in infinite load black screen syndrome with not trace in ANY logs nor even a CTD. However there seems to be a fix for that issue, but it's further down the thread.

It may be worth to update compatibility entry for SLAX to save people the frustration. Bug is not obvious, for me it occurred on REloads only (including auto reload after player's death) so I've lost few days trying to figure out what is causing this - even started a new game (twice...) with different LO's, installing mods one by one etc... to no avail, until by accident I've managed to connect the dots.

45 minutes ago, dweezer said:

It wasn't so much taken down, as hidden for only having placeholder files. I thought I grabbed a copy, but I can't find it.

But placeholders for what? SkyrimSE.exe and the ESMs? I doubt Nexus would allow hosting those.

Unported mods going to start trickling in now. Takes a bit more work because I have to go more in-depth, but I'm in no rush since there are tons of these - so many I expect I will have to draw a line somewhere.

Current status: all LE mods with >500k(ish) downloads are now accounted for.

Edited by tasairis
  • tasairis changed the title to SE Compatibility Tracking (Nov 1 #6486)
5 hours ago, AWHA2 said:

@tasairis There seems to be a workaround to get Morphology working for SSE, see this post at the bottom of page 3

Doesn't really qualify as SSE convertible, but good to know.  Most people aren't up to dealing with xEdit and modifying mods.  Someone needs to produce some patches and upload them.  Wink, wink. Nudge, nudge.

On 11/6/2021 at 1:02 PM, 4nk8r said:

Doesn't really qualify as SSE convertible, but good to know.  Most people aren't up to dealing with xEdit and modifying mods.  Someone needs to produce some patches and upload them.  Wink, wink. Nudge, nudge.

It's close enough. At the very least marking it as convertible shows that it is possible to get it working with SE, and that's better than "lol i dunno".

Edited by tasairis

For SE  base creature mods link is outdated.. because some of new version (eg Creatuer Framework) just show old version link (which converted for the old version)

and not up-dated. (Topic author can only manage them)

, but Author confrim LE version CF  should work.. (though I am now trying it, but at least may better to up-date the CF link page (it is LE MNC (packeage), but download file are separated clear,)

because some user reprot it solve some issue which old  CF version converted for SE

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/4130-more-nasty-critters-slal-edition/

(yes the CF found on the LE mod page works in SSE....or at least it should)

8 hours ago, Pfiffy said:

Damn it... There is already a skse Version for the runtime 1.6.317 and I get 1.6.318???

I wonder if there was a version 1.6.317

The downgrade patch didn't work for me. 

Looks like they caught up to you.  There is a 1.6.318 version of skse64 available now.

Edited by 4nk8r
24 minutes ago, dage7416 said:

I found this while scrolling through the website and noticed it is not up here on the list. I lack the capability but I was wondering if someone could convert these animations/textures to SSE to be added to the compatibility tracking thread? Thank you.

SLAL_Pack-KomAnim+Apr02-komotor-0.2c.rar 85.12 MB · 2 downloads

The "legality" of Komotor's animations are cloudy.  I don't think these are sanctioned to be uploaded anywhere outside of Komotor's Patreon page.  They yanked posting permission for most of these a few years ago.  At any rate, go to NexusMods and look for Cathedral Assets Optimizer and convert your illicit downloads in the privacy of your own PC.

28 minutes ago, 4nk8r said:

The "legality" of Komotor's animations are cloudy.  I don't think these are sanctioned to be uploaded anywhere outside of Komotor's Patreon page.  They yanked posting permission for most of these a few years ago.  At any rate, go to NexusMods and look for Cathedral Assets Optimizer and convert your illicit downloads in the privacy of your own PC.

oh, woops. I guess that's a no then lol. My bad. I only started modding a few months ago and I found these from a few years back.

Go into steam folder and delete the steam manifest for the game and steam will no longer see it as installed and just launch from SKSE. This will keep it from ever updating if that is what your asking.

Mine looked like this: appmanifest_489830.acf

I just cut and pasted it to different location outside of steam folder was all.

9 minutes ago, scipher99 said:

Go into steam folder and delete the steam manifest for the game and steam will no longer see it as installed and just launch from SKSE. This will keep it from ever updating if that is what your asking.

Mine looked like this: appmanifest_489830.acf

I just cut and pasted it to different location outside of steam folder was all.

You don't even need to move it out of the folder or delete.  Just add something more to the filename so that it breaks the pattern matching Steam is expecting.

5 minutes ago, Tlam99 said:

post here, too

deleting or renaming forces steam to recreate the manifest. Uninstall can only be done online via steam.

If you have set write protect, you loose this, as the new manifest is no more write protected.

AFAICT, renaming is enough for Steam to not even recognize the game is installed.  SSE shows as greyed out (not installed) in my Library view.

8 minutes ago, Tlam99 said:

I got steam started but not online and deleted the manifest. Right away a new manifest has been generated.

Weird.  I can't reproduce it.  My Steam is online and stopping and starting it doesn't make it reappear.

Edit: the .acf I'm renaming is located in my Steam\steamapps folder

Edit2: I'm pretty sure I stopped Steam BEFORE I renamed the file.

Edited by 4nk8r

I've finished my teardown of the AE update, if you're interested in more details of what they changed in the data files.
https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/qs1tf5/teardown_of_the_16318_aepocalypse_update/

I'm working on updating the first post but the part that generates and shows the update status for SKSE mods needs updating, so it might not be until tomorrow morning when I update.