SE Compatibility Tracking (Mar 26)

2 hours ago, tznvlw said:

From your screenshot, it seems that the script failed to initialize properly?

I suggest you install the mods separately

FWIW, I've just tested the game and they all seem to work OK.  So who knows? ?

But thanks anyway.  Much appreciate the help

10 hours ago, donkeywho said:

FWIW, I've just tested the game and they all seem to work OK.  So who knows? ?

But thanks anyway.  Much appreciate the help

I'm glad to hear that you can play normally. I'm talking about a problem with the MCM scripts or language files. But these do not affect your gameplay.

On 8/29/2021 at 2:32 PM, Bane Master said:

Hi ,

Just to let you know (having finally installed SE!) I have now published SE versions of most of my Mods on their original download pages.

Estrus Chaurus+

What's New in Version V4.390 (29/08/2021)

Released 

• Added fully converted SE Version
  • Replaced deprecated "Tentacle Double" animation with "Tentacle Upright"
  • Reworked all animations for compatibility with current Estrus for Skyrim LE/SE Versions

FMEA (Failure Mode Effects Analysis in Skyrim)

• Converted to SE

Deviously Enchanted Chests

• Converted to SE

Defeat v535 Bane Patch 3.3

• Converted to SE
  • Fixed some animation issues
  • Creature animation tags menus will now show the creature tags by default rather than the human ones

I still have a couple more mods/patches to do - I'll post again when they are done.

Conversions of my other mods are now complete.

Skooma Whore Addicted

V3.635

• SE Version released

Skooma Whore Patch

V1.03

• Excluded creatures from force drugging victims
  • SE version released

Backpack Containers Patch

V2.03

• Improved activation for dropped backpacks
  • Fixed a bug affecting backpack handling during equip/unequips
  • SE version released

First half of an update. Also includes a fairly large variety of edits and updates as a result of setting up some automation that will scrape and compare mod information. The "delisted" ones are the (surprisingly few) ones I noticed that met the criteria I mentioned earlier: are posted in the SE downloads page, which means they're inherently SE compatible, which means they don't need to be listed.

• Updated: Radiant Prostitution/Gigolo SE - fixed link
  • Renamed: Amazons of Skyrim - previously True Amazons Race and Armors
  • Renamed: Naihra's Simple Sexing - previously Sexlab Simple Sexing
  • Removed: Sanguine's Debauchery Cages - actually SD Cages, which was already listed
  • Delisted: BaboDialogue
  • Delisted: Bardal's Company
  • Delisted: Fertility Adventures SE
  • Delisted: Vampiric Thirst - SexLab integration
  • Delisted: Yamete!
  • Taken Down: Cuckold
  • Taken Down: Cuckoldress
  • Taken Down: Make Skyrim Straight Again
  • Taken Down: Private Needs Redone - and unlinking from Private Needs
  • Taken Down: Simple Slavery
  • Deleted: Skyrim's Shrouded Secret
Edited by tasairis
  • tasairis changed the title to SE Compatibility Tracking (Sep 9 #6389)
5 hours ago, tasairis said:

First half of an update. Also includes a fairly large variety of edits and updates as a result of setting up some automation that will scrape and compare mod information. The "delisted" ones are the (surprisingly few) ones I noticed that met the criteria I mentioned earlier: are posted in the SE downloads page, which means they're inherently SE compatible, which means they don't need to be listed.

• Updated: Radiant Prostitution/Gigolo SE - fixed link
  • Renamed: Amazons of Skyrim - previously True Amazons Race and Armors
  • Renamed: Naihra's Simple Sexing - previously Sexlab Simple Sexing
  • Removed: Sanguine's Debauchery Cages - actually SD Cages, which was already listed
  • Delisted: BaboDialogue
  • Delisted: Bardal's Company
  • Delisted: Fertility Adventures SE
  • Delisted: Vampiric Thirst - SexLab integration
  • Delisted: Yamete!
  • Taken Down: Cuckold
  • Taken Down: Cuckoldress
  • Taken Down: Make Skyrim Straight Again
  • Taken Down: Private Needs Redone - and unlinking from Private Needs
  • Taken Down: Simple Slavery
  • Deleted: Skyrim's Shrouded Secret

This says it is a compatibility tracking list.  Delisting MODs because they are compatible with out effort seems crazy to me.  Are they compatible or not should be the only criteria.  NOW people will have to KNOW the mods delisted are compatible, or know how to figure out how to tell or search thru the mods.  and see where is says it is compatible.  I thought this threat was supposed to make it easier to tell what was compatible not harder.   Now people that do not really know much about modding will look at this thread, and not find the delisted mods, and assume they are not usable.

21 minutes ago, Arcturus7777 said:

This says it is a compatibility tracking list.  Delisting MODs because they are compatible with out effort seems crazy to me.  Are they compatible or not should be the only criteria.  NOW people will have to KNOW the mods delisted are compatible, or know how to figure out how to tell or search thru the mods.  and see where is says it is compatible.  I thought this threat was supposed to make it easier to tell what was compatible not harder.   Now people that do not really know much about modding will look at this thread, and not find the delisted mods, and assume they are not usable.

To me, it's logical: when I click on "Downloads" >> "Skyrim: Special Edition", I assume those mods are compatible with SE. No need to list them, if they already are in that category.

This list is for LE mods, that also work with SE or have an (un)official port for SE somewhere in the forum, aside from the downloads section. If they already are made for SE and can be found in the Downloads seection, why list here and bloat it without need?

At least that's how I understood the changes, but for me it makes sense that way 

11 hours ago, Mister X said:

To me, it's logical: when I click on "Downloads" >> "Skyrim: Special Edition", I assume those mods are compatible with SE. No need to list them, if they already are in that category.

This list is for LE mods, that also work with SE or have an (un)official port for SE somewhere in the forum, aside from the downloads section. If they already are made for SE and can be found in the Downloads seection, why list here and bloat it without need?

At least that's how I understood the changes, but for me it makes sense that way 

well there are several mods, I would not of installed, if I had not seen them on this list, and I have mods installed that are NOT under the SE section, they are in the LE downloads, and are also on this list.  SO the more complicated you make the list the less useful it becomes.  It seems very simple to me, just list every mod that works for SE.  What difference does it make, that it did not need to be converted to work.  there are LE mods, that do not need to be converted to work in SE.  

3 hours ago, Arcturus7777 said:

well there are several mods, I would not of installed, if I had not seen them on this list, and I have mods installed that are NOT under the SE section, they are in the LE downloads, and are also on this list.  SO the more complicated you make the list the less useful it becomes.  It seems very simple to me, just list every mod that works for SE.  What difference does it make, that it did not need to be converted to work.  there are LE mods, that do not need to be converted to work in SE.  

A long time ago... 

This was the place where you got the information about making things work when we didn't have any official downloads. We didn't even had a Skyrim special edition download section at that time....

I can understand the logic behind this new change for the list, and I can see the benefits of this moving forward as well. However, there was a better benefit of showing SE mods from all sources on the list, when you consider some SE mods end up buried in the downloads section, and can't even be found / seen after a while. Versions and variations of SE mods, patches and fixes, compatibility and status.. this list was a great list, albeit very difficult to maintain on a consistent basis (which btw a very big kudos to Tasairis for maintaining it consistently for such a long time). And just because a mod was listed on the SE section, didn't / doesn't always mean it's working well or properly, and these were always listed as such on this list.

I would think that, for this list to reflect what it used to be, and remain how it used to be, it cannot be maintained by a single person, but would require help from various sources, constantly feeding current and accurate information, so that the list can be maintained more easily and with less stress on Tasairis. Ultimately, it comes down to communication, and people working together in order to help. It's really Tasairis's call, but if there is a way to have the list as THE go-to list on this site, I am sure something can be worked out in some way. Which would be considerably better than complaining about what's been lost, wouldn't it ?

Edited by YojimboRatchet

I m also not a friend of removing mods from this list, like at all. 
At least there should be a full list still in a spoiler or second post or something. 

For someone switching from LE to SE a full list is much more viable than a butchered one like this. And I think many ppl use this to check if switching to SE is doable now for them. 

5 hours ago, YojimboRatchet said:

I can understand the logic behind this new change for the list, and I can see the benefits of this moving forward as well. However, there was a better benefit of showing SE mods from all sources on the list, when you consider some SE mods end up buried in the downloads section, and can't even be found / seen after a while. Versions and variations of SE mods, patches and fixes, compatibility and status.. this list was a great list, albeit very difficult to maintain on a consistent basis (which btw a very big kudos to Tasairis for maintaining it consistently for such a long time). And just because a mod was listed on the SE section, didn't / doesn't always mean it's working well or properly, and these were always listed as such on this list.

I would think that, for this list to reflect what it used to be, and remain how it used to be, it cannot be maintained by a single person, but would require help from various sources, constantly feeding current and accurate information, so that the list can be maintained more easily and with less stress on Tasairis. Ultimately, it comes down to communication, and people working together in order to help. It's really Tasairis's call, but if there is a way to have the list as THE go-to list on this site, I am sure something can be worked out in some way. Which would be considerably better than complaining about what's been lost, wouldn't it ?

I think it is still a great list.... And it is a big one... The problem with big lists is that a single entry will get lost the same way that a mod gets lost in the download section.

And it is Tasairis' list. (Don't forget that) I think that it is not a problem to search for a SE mod in the SE download section and take a look here if you can't find it there. And keeping track of the SE mods that don't have a seperate DL is hard enough. 

1 hour ago, Pfiffy said:

I think it is still a great list.... And it is a big one... The problem with big lists is that a single entry will get lost the same way that a mod gets lost in the download section.

And it is Tasairis' list. (Don't forget that) I think that it is not a problem to search for a SE mod in the SE download section and take a look here if you can't find it there. And keeping track of the SE mods that don't have a seperate DL is hard enough. 

I totally get what you are saying, as I said in my post, i see the benefits and understand the reasoning behind it. Mods do get lost of course, but moreso from the download pages than on the tracking list. Tasairis puts in a lot of time and effort into trying to maintain the list, and alone for the most part as I understand it. If there was a way to make everyone happy AND help tasairis in maintaining the list, I would gladly volunteer to help out.

Update part 2 of ???

With my improved automation (it's taking about 90% of the work off my shoulders) I'm eliminating most of the requirements I had established before: I will include in the list followers, items, and mods with <1000 downloads. Still requiring that there be an LE mod page though. I'm currently running through a big list of LE vs SE mods and discovering a whole bunch of new ones, which means I'm going to continue with big changelogs like the one below for a while longer. Also probably going to redo the list appearance - probably going to get rid of the breakdown between compatibility status, and might return to classifying mods according to how they're classified on LL.

Also: I'm not really paying attention to notifications.

Edited by tasairis
  • tasairis changed the title to SE Compatibility Tracking (Sep 13 #6404)

Update part 3 of many. You see why I wasn't doing followers or items before?

I think the list is heading away from conversion/compatibility and more in the direction of an LE vs. SE mod list. Like a table with one column of the LE mod and another column with the SE mod. Or similar. We'll see - I'm still drastically redoing huge parts of my stuff.

I'm going to start caring about notifications again. Also going to try to spend an hour or so each day on these incremental updates because that'll let me finish that much sooner and get this spam out of the way, which will let me move onto redesigning the list again.

Edited by tasairis
  • tasairis changed the title to SE Compatibility Tracking (Sep 20 #6405)