Knockdown Immunity

View File

Formerly known as: Who Knocks Down the Fucking Dragonborn

Why is the Dragonborn being shouted down a mountain while not being able to knock down a stinkin redguard?

So simple story, I got sick of getting knocked down in combat and I couldn't find a mod that stops that from happening so I made one myself. It is a simple .esp that keeps your character from falling when getting Fus Roh Dah'd by draugr or being knocked down period. But you can still knock down others OH YES.

I added a few keywords to the player character and a few conditions referencing that character. With some trial and error I can finally go toe to toe with the greybeards.

Is the name too boring? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also thanks to Bethesda for making a huge ass game that I can dink around in.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    02/17/2018
  • Category
  • Requires
    Skyrim (Obviously) Dragonborn(For reasons)
  • Special Edition Compatible

Ah, I've been wondering how I could accomplish this, myself. Being ragdolled is one of those things where it's fine when the player can do it, but quickly becomes annoying and unbalanced when an enemy can force a reload with just one attack.

Have you tried experimenting with anything else that might achieve similar effects? Characters like Tsun have unique abilities that give them immunity to Unrelenting Force, for example, but I'm unsure if that'll apply to all sources of knockback.

My mod makes everyone my faction. Fus ro dah never did much for me.

But once upon a time there was this bug where the greybeards say

"Show us, let us taste of your voice,"

and when you did, they'd go all ballistic on your ass, and fly you around the room.

Now everyone lives in peace and harmony, and the worst thing to worry about is modded people.

So if you bulked up Player's "Fus" (force), good for you and congratulations, and stuff.

1 hour ago, Darkpig said:

Okay so I tested it out again and it doesn't seem to work on all forms of knockdown which is kind of a bummer. I dunno. It seemed to work well enough.

Which type works and which doesnt ? I like the idea because i hate it when Ennemies spam paralyse and i get killed without a fighting chance and sometimes the paralyse effect bugs my skyrim

On 2/18/2018 at 6:27 AM, tuxagent7 said:

Which type works and which doesnt ? I like the idea because i hate it when Ennemies spam paralyse and i get killed without a fighting chance and sometimes the paralyse effect bugs my skyrim

Since I take a lackadaisical approach to testing mods. There is a flame based shout that draugr use that seems to knock me down. I don't think such a shout exists in the main game. I mean there is fire breath but does that really knock a person down? I wonder if Revenge of Enemies does something like this.

Edit: I learned that it was in fact Revenge of Enemies doing this. This mod doesn't work outside base Skyrim. Good to know.

• 2 years later...

Yes looking for this, Since, after testing the voice of the Grey beards who shakes the mountains by uttering a single word. This mod seems legit, would be a perk related to being able to withstand voice of Dragon tongue thus knockdown resistance. Graybeards and Miraak already have it.

Thanks For adding it. ;)

20 minutes ago, Vrosh said:

Yes looking for this, Since, after testing the voice of the Grey beards who shakes the mountains by uttering a single word. This mod seems legit, would be a perk related to being able to withstand voice of Dragon tongue thus knockdown resistance. Graybeards and Miraak already have it.

Thanks For adding it. ;)

You're welcome.

16 hours ago, Operand said:

How to achieve this effect without modding:

Hide contents

prid 14
setav absorbchance 100

Well... you will become mostly immune to anything else, but hey - dragonborn & all ?

tgm

or you could install a simple mod and not type anything?

• 6 months later...
25 minutes ago, Lilzt3hcat said:

I've played a few mods where they have enemies which can basically softlock you with paralyze spam, this puts a nice end to that issue.

You're welcome.

There will always some mod that bypasses mine unfortunately but it will definitely help.

• 8 months later...

I really appreciate you putting this together. The reason I so much want player naturally resists being blew away is because the Skryim physics bugged me a lot. It made my game completely stuck and absolutely unplayable just because my character flies into something and stretched awfully badly. I am surprised even today, there ain't patches address such critical issue until I found you like my savior!

Really thanks a lot. This should have been an essential mod for stabalising anyone's game more than just balancing.

• 4 months later...
On 2/18/2018 at 8:48 AM, BlackShades said:

"... and I couldn't find a mod that stops that from happening..."   https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/56893/

Doesn't work.  I still get knocked down all the time while wearing those enchantments.

Unfortunately, it looks like this one doesn't work all the time, either, which is a real shame since the werewolf especially bugs the hell out 9 times out of 10 when it gets knocked down.

Edited by Userblarg