I'm sorry dude, I wish I could be more help with this but I'm having some trouble. Crawl/riding animations are borked for my player and npcs. I ctd at the royal mine as soon as I get cap'd by beasts (spiders are fine though), and I've got some save stability issues... 

1 hour ago, BattenK said:

I'm sorry dude, I wish I could be more help with this but I'm having some trouble. Crawl/riding animations are borked for my player and npcs. I ctd at the royal mine as soon as I get cap'd by beasts (spiders are fine though), and I've got some save stability issues... 

> Crawl/riding animations are borked for my player and npcs.
(Basics check: Did you run FNIS? - if so)
In what way are they `borked';
eg if you enable player crawling test in the MCM what happens? - still normal walking animation/something else? riding animations: does it play the standard (horse) riding animation?
if you disable the custom animations for riding does the player/npc mount with standard (horse) riding animations instead?

> I ctd at the royal mine as soon as I get cap'd by beasts (spiders are fine though), and I've got some save stability issues...  

Odd there is no essential difference between the royal mine and the others (perhaps its a more general issue that just happened to trigger at that point, or is it consistently only beasts from the royal mine ?)

Are there any ERROR s in log file (related to SCB?)

8 hours ago, MTB said:

> Crawl/riding animations are borked for my player and npcs.
(Basics check: Did you run FNIS? - if so)
In what way are they `borked';
eg if you enable player crawling test in the MCM what happens? - still normal walking animation/something else? riding animations: does it play the standard (horse) riding animation?
if you disable the custom animations for riding does the player/npc mount with standard (horse) riding animations instead?

> I ctd at the royal mine as soon as I get cap'd by beasts (spiders are fine though), and I've got some save stability issues...  

Odd there is no essential difference between the royal mine and the others (perhaps its a more general issue that just happened to trigger at that point, or is it consistently only beasts from the royal mine ?)

Are there any ERROR s in log file (related to SCB?)

re: animations

Crawling/riding styles displayed as slow walk animations (so the character looks to be moonwalking on top of the spider, for instance), even during player crawling test. I'll double check on the mount/horse animations.

Honestly, it could happen with any, I was just screwing around with the royal mine first. Player name is default 'prisoner'. 

[12/30/2018 - 10:18:35PM] SCB info:       Player triggered an active mine.
[12/30/2018 - 10:18:35PM] SCB info:       Registering for player sleep events.
[12/30/2018 - 10:18:35PM] SCB info:       Initializing Beast of type Golden Chain Spider
[12/30/2018 - 10:18:35PM] SCB info:       Initializing Beast of type Golden Chainbeast
[12/30/2018 - 10:18:35PM] SCB info:       Initializing Beast of type Golden Chainbeast
[12/30/2018 - 10:18:35PM] SCB info:       Initializing Beast of type Chainbeast
[12/30/2018 - 10:18:35PM] [CF][Creature Apply] Not activating ["Golden Chain Spider" [SCB_HitABeast < (FF00098E)>]]; creature isn't registered; race=["Chainspider" [Race <SCB_ChainSpiderRace (0F008BB5)>]] skin=["Golden Chainspider skin" [Armor < (0F016ECA)>]]
[12/30/2018 - 10:18:35PM] [CF][Creature Apply] Not activating ["Golden Chainbeast" [SCB_HitABeast < (FF000C07)>]]; creature isn't registered; race=["Chainbeast" [Race <SCB_ChainBeastRace (0F0012C4)>]] skin=["" [Armor < (0F0163D1)>]]
[12/30/2018 - 10:18:35PM] [CF][Creature Apply] Not activating ["Golden Chainbeast" [SCB_HitABeast < (FF000BC7)>]]; creature isn't registered; race=["Chainbeast" [Race <SCB_ChainBeastRace (0F0012C4)>]] skin=["" [Armor < (0F0163D1)>]]
[12/30/2018 - 10:18:36PM] [CF][Creature Apply] Not activating ["Chainbeast" [SCB_HitABeast < (FF000C0A)>]]; creature isn't registered; race=["Chainbeast" [Race <SCB_ChainBeastRace (0F0012C4)>]] skin=["" [Armor < (0F016EC9)>]]
[12/30/2018 - 10:18:36PM] SCB info:       (Erdi,Golden Chain Spider): Updating to is a target 
[12/30/2018 - 10:18:36PM] SCB info:       (Erikur,Golden Chainbeast): Updating to not a target 
[12/30/2018 - 10:18:36PM] SCB info:       (Prisoner,Golden Chainbeast): Updating to is a target 
[12/30/2018 - 10:18:36PM] SCB info:       (Lydia,Golden Chainbeast): Updating to is a target 
[12/30/2018 - 10:18:36PM] SCB info:       (Bryling,Golden Chainbeast): Updating to is a target 
[12/30/2018 - 10:18:36PM] SCB info:       (Solitude Guard,Golden Chainbeast): Updating to not a target 
[12/30/2018 - 10:18:36PM] SCB info:       (Solitude Guard,Golden Chain Spider): Updating to not a target 
[12/30/2018 - 10:18:36PM] SCB info:       (Bryling,Golden Chain Spider): Updating to is a target 
[12/30/2018 - 10:18:36PM] SCB info:       (Melaran,Golden Chain Spider): Updating to not a target 
[12/30/2018 - 10:18:36PM] SCB info:       (Erikur,Golden Chain Spider): Updating to not a target 
[12/30/2018 - 10:18:36PM] SCB info:       (Melaran,Golden Chainbeast): Updating to not a target 
[12/30/2018 - 10:18:37PM] SCB info:       (Melaran,Golden Chainbeast): Updating to not a target 
[12/30/2018 - 10:18:37PM] SCB info:       (Erikur,Golden Chainbeast): Updating to not a target 
[12/30/2018 - 10:18:37PM] SCB info:       (Bryling,Golden Chainbeast): Updating to is a target 
[12/30/2018 - 10:18:37PM] SCB info:       (Erdi,Golden Chainbeast): Updating to is a target 
[12/30/2018 - 10:18:37PM] SCB info:       (Lydia,Chainbeast): Updating to is a target 
[12/30/2018 - 10:18:37PM] SCB info:       (Solitude Guard,Golden Chainbeast): Updating to not a target 
[12/30/2018 - 10:18:37PM] SCB info:       (Bryling,Chainbeast): Updating to is a target 
[12/30/2018 - 10:18:37PM] SCB info:       (Solitude Guard,Chainbeast): Updating to not a target 
[12/30/2018 - 10:18:37PM] SCB info:       (Erdi,Golden Chainbeast): Updating to is a target 
[12/30/2018 - 10:18:37PM] SCB info:       (Prisoner,Golden Chainbeast): Updating to is a target 
[12/30/2018 - 10:18:37PM] SCB info:       (Lydia,Golden Chain Spider): Updating to is a target 
[12/30/2018 - 10:18:37PM] SCB info:       (Melaran,Chainbeast): Updating to not a target 
[12/30/2018 - 10:18:37PM] SCB info:       (Prisoner,Golden Chain Spider): Updating to is a target 
[12/30/2018 - 10:18:37PM] SCB info:       (Prisoner,Chainbeast): Updating to is a target 
[12/30/2018 - 10:18:37PM] SCB info:       (Lydia,Golden Chainbeast): Updating to is a target 
[12/30/2018 - 10:18:42PM] SCB verbose:    (Prisoner,Golden Chain Spider): Starting capture magic effect for this (victim,attacker).
[12/30/2018 - 10:18:42PM] SCB verbose:    (Prisoner,Golden Chainbeast): Starting capture magic effect for this (victim,attacker).
[12/30/2018 - 10:18:42PM] SCB info:       (Prisoner,Golden Chainbeast): victim already in faction (no further action). 
[12/30/2018 - 10:18:42PM] SCB info:       (Prisoner,Golden Chain Spider): running stop attack quest. 
[12/30/2018 - 10:18:42PM] SCB verbose:    (Erdi,Chainbeast): Starting capture magic effect for this (victim,attacker).
[12/30/2018 - 10:18:43PM] SCB info:       Registering for player sleep events.
[12/30/2018 - 10:18:43PM] ERROR: Unable to call Delete - no native object bound to the script object, or object is of incorrect type
stack:
	[Item 3 in container  (FF000E89)].zadHiderScript.Delete() - "<native>" Line ?
	[Item 3 in container  (FF000E89)].zadHiderScript.OnContainerChanged() - "zadHiderScript.psc" Line 5
[12/30/2018 - 10:18:43PM] ERROR: Unable to call Delete - no native object bound to the script object, or object is of incorrect type
stack:
	[Item 1 in container  (00000014)].zadHiderScript.Delete() - "<native>" Line ?
	[Item 1 in container  (00000014)].zadHiderScript.OnContainerChanged() - "zadHiderScript.psc" Line 5
[12/30/2018 - 10:18:43PM] [Zad]: Set slot mask to [0]: 0
[12/30/2018 - 10:18:43PM] SCB info:       (Erdi,Chainbeast): running stop attack quest. 
[12/30/2018 - 10:18:43PM] SCB info:       (Prisoner,Golden Chain Spider): start effect finished.
[12/30/2018 - 10:18:43PM] SCB verbose:    (Erdi,Chainbeast): Starting capture effect, previous level = 4
[12/30/2018 - 10:18:44PM] SCB info:       (Erdi,Chainbeast): start effect finished.

8 hours ago, BattenK said:

re: animations

Crawling/riding styles displayed as slow walk animations (so the character looks to be moonwalking on top of the spider, for instance), even during player crawling test. I'll double check on the mount/horse animations.

Honestly, it could happen with any, I was just screwing around with the royal mine first. Player name is default 'prisoner'.  

> Crawling/riding styles displayed as slow walk animations (so the character looks to be moonwalking on top of the spider, for instan?ce), even during player crawling test. I'll double check on the mount/horse animations.

Sounds like an issue with alternate animations are not starting correctly. On selecting player crawling test, you should see a `heal fx' on the player and the player should go into a crouched pose. Walking/running should then use the `on all fours' animations (while sprinting uses normal animations). 
(The moon-walking is the same issue: it tries to load the custom animation but fails, so it uses the normal walking animation)

Can you double check the FNIS output - are the SCB alternate animations correctly included - look for a line:
"Reading SkyrimChainBeasts V?.?  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 68 alternate animations)"

Note: Disabling alternate animations (MCM preview page) for riding should give a sitting-backwards riding animation, but that would not solve the crawling issue.

> Honestly, it could happen with any, I was just screwing around with the royal mine first. Player name is default 'prisoner'.  

Thanks for posting the log. (I see I should update the display name of the golden beast with gem...).  
I've seen similar ZaZ errors; but not that they lead to CTDs, at most the bondage pose not starting.
If this is the end of the log then the CTD seems to have happened close to the moment where the player(first actor) is supposed to start crawling.
So maybe it is linked to the issued above and may go away if the custom animation issues is resolved (...I hope as I've currently no other theory on what else it could be...)

18 hours ago, YourFriendlyDragonborn said:

Bug: FNIS generation with MME creates conflicts. Also Paul from Being a cow becomes hostile after attacking chain beasts in riverwood.

Suggestions: Add some spell or feature that allows to control chain beasts after defeating them. would love to travel in that spider cocoon.

MME mentions FNIS conflict with ZAP under its know issues:

>as of version     v 11-04-2018, mod includes ZAP meshes textures and animations, if used with zaz animation pack, FNIS will get post consistency errors, those can be ignored

This may be the issue you are running into.

> Also Paul from Being a cow becomes hostile after attacking chain beasts in riverwood.

Shouldn't happen but sometimes does, especially if you attack the beast before it targets you (seems to be using the faction relation the wrong way around; beasts are set to be friends of ignored, but not the other way around...)

For next version I've included an emergency calm spell in the MCM in case things get out of hand.

>Suggestions: Add some spell or feature that allows to control chain beasts after defeating them. would love to travel in that spider cocoon.

I like the idea, will look into adding that in some form or another to the next version.

Milk Addict conflicts. Large breasts will unequip the crawler chains. Not sure what's the cause at this point. Either Milk Addict is not checking keywords / checking keywords only for specific slots or the crawler chains are missing keywords that are being searched for.

Milk Addict  will not allow me to exclude the crawler chains either. It does not register them as being equipped when "on next equip" is checked.

On 1/16/2019 at 3:17 PM, vernam said:

Can anyone tell me where in all skyrim do I find quest for chain beasts?

Not sure if there is a quest, but you can find some "obstacles" in Riverwood (behind the sawmill), one on the road, when you leave Whiterun in direction watchtower, and one in Soltitude rightside of the entrace to the castle. Touching, (or getting near in sotitude) triggers the beasts.

On 1/17/2019 at 4:10 PM, Hanshurtig11 said:

Not sure if there is a quest, but you can find some "obstacles" in Riverwood (behind the sawmill), one on the road, when you leave Whiterun in direction watchtower, and one in Soltitude rightside of the entrace to the castle. Touching, (or getting near in sotitude) triggers the beasts.

To expand on that:

Yes there is a sort of quest now - some rumors are spreading about mines and beasts that point you in their direction.   If you investigate sufficiently it will trigger another quest.  (Though they need some work yet...)

On the download page there is a list with locations for the mines, the ones from the main mod already mentioned by Hanshurtig11 (thanks).

(The Dragonborn plugin adds some more and version v0.2+ has one other way that you may encounter beasts.)

On 1/12/2019 at 8:50 PM, Hanshurtig11 said:

Crash on capturing from crawlbeasts, Riverwood and Soltiude. Big (mamut) beast at Whiterun catched me but got stuck behind the Whiterun carriage.

Check crawling from debug works, and FNis says "all ok"

Thx for the mod, i really loved chainbeasts back in Morrowind ^^ regards

Hopefully will work ok with repackage version.

> stuck behind the Whiterun carriage.

If you get stuck (can also happen with crawling beasts, eg near doors or on stairs): use the struggle feature - start it by pressing a standard movement key, you can fight chainbeast control for a bit (giving you a chance to move around an obstacle) but it takes a lot of effort. When you let go of the movement key or run out of stamina the beasts takes over again and you'll need to wait a few seconds before you can struggle again. 

On 1/16/2019 at 10:29 PM, jbezorg said:

Milk Addict conflicts. Large breasts will unequip the crawler chains. Not sure what's the cause at this point. Either Milk Addict is not checking keywords / checking keywords only for specific slots or the crawler chains are missing keywords that are being searched for.

Milk Addict  will not allow me to exclude the crawler chains either. It does not register them as being equipped when "on next equip" is checked. 

Thanks for reporting - added a note to the download page.  I'll see if I can find a work around - First I'll try adding the SexLabNoStrip to the crawlers, perhaps that will help - I just checked and I've only added that to the restraints, not the crawlers.

Edit: have checked Milk Addict code and seems to be checking for SexLabNoStrip in it main `onEquip' method so this may indeed be the keyword to use.  I've attached a version with this keyword (esm only, simple replace v0.2.1 esm).  If someone could check whether this solves the issue that would be great. (I don't have Milk Economy etc. installed.)

SkyrimChainBeasts-v021+potentialfix-esmonly.7z

Capture and crawl is working now, but i am not sure if intended, but beasts deliver me to prison instead of BDSM funiture. Maybe its only soltitude beasts, for lingering around the wrong place at castle entrace ? Well, i will have to investigate ;)  Some other thing i stumbled across, after the release of one chainbeast "squad" in Soltitude, and after i get out of prison, all city is fighting, against remaining chainbeasts, AND against each other. (might be triggered by area based attacks). So several NPCs are dead. If this happens some more, Soltitude might be left as a ghost city. regards

22 minutes ago, Hanshurtig11 said:

Capture and crawl is working now, but i am not sure if intended, but beasts deliver me to prison instead of BDSM funiture. Maybe its only soltitude beasts, for lingering around the wrong place at castle entrace ? Well, i will have to investigate ;)  Some other thing i stumbled across, after the release of one chainbeast "squad" in Soltitude, and after i get out of prison, all city is fighting, against remaining chainbeasts, AND against each other. (might be triggered by area based attacks). So several NPCs are dead. If this happens some more, Soltitude might be left as a ghost city. regards

>deliver me to prison instead of BDSM funiture

Indeed a feature not a bug these are anti-trespass beasts ... (can be configured/disabled in the MCM).

>all city is fighting, against remaining chainbeasts, AND against each other.

Yes things like that happen occasionally... could be a base game issue; NPC tend to go nuclear on friendly fire, and with the hectic fights that chainbeast may cause that can happen easily... or it may be related to the factions I use to control chainbeast hostility - should not be the case but it is still Skyrim...

Bellow a walk through for the small quests added in V0.2.0. Obviously complete SPOILER. I've tried to split into multiple spoiler levels so you can get some hints without revealing everything right away.  

Spoiler

Two quests:

1. First is about discovering mines and beasts. There are different actions/events that may increase your knowledge about them:

•  
    Spoiler

(note that some updates do not display new objectives and thus the update may become apparent from the updated description if you check the quest - also once you already have certain knowledge, the actions will no longer have an effect/be available - eg rumors are no longer available if you have hear about them or seen them yourself).

• getting a relevant rumor from an inn keeper:
      • Spoiler

Riften and Riverwood the inn keepers have tailored line other inkeeps will have a general rumor pointing to Riverwood.

• getting close to a mine (+)
    • getting in same general area as a beast (+)
    • triggering a mine
    • getting captured / punished
    • reading a book about chain beasts (there are two):
      • Spoiler

riften ratway (small room in lower area)

college library

(+) I could have used actual `line of sight' with a mine/beast hear, but that does not seem to be worth the performance cost.

• Learn enough about chainbeasts and `contemplate' (sleep on it) - this will lead to a nightmare/vision which triggers the second quest

2.  Second is about saving Skyrim from your vision.

Spoiler
  • Goal: Find a way to rid Skyrim of unstable mines (the ones of iron with a golden edge, not the non-gold or fully-gold ones).
  • Talk to a friend or someone who knows what it is like being targeted by chainbeasts to get a hint (*)
    • Spoiler

Hint is to talk to a skilled conjurer

Spoiler
      • Talk to one skilled in conjuration/destruction (or know enough about conjuration/destruction yourself) to learn you need a destruction master (rather than an conjurer) (*)
      • Talk to a destruction master (eg Faralda at College - need to join first before she will talk to you about this topic.). Learn she needs a chainbeast key.
      • Retreive a chainbeast key.
      • Return to the destruction master to get a spell.

• Attempt to get rid of a mine
  • Spoiler
    •   Cast the spell on an unstable mine (direction does not really matter, just cast while really close.)
    • Spoiler
      • Darn it did not work and summoned beasts
      • Return to spell maker to complain; learn you may need to weaken the mine fist.(*)
      • Talk to Smith and/or (Friend or Beast Target) and/or (Mage with useful skill) to get hints (*)
      • Spoiler

Talk to an Alteration master to get a weaken mine spell.

• Try the new approach
      • Spoiler

Cast the weaken spell like the destruction spell - The mine gets turns to a rusted version.

After that try the destruction spell again - now it works.

Spoiler

though not before it summons more beasts, rusted ones this time.

•   Get rid of all the unstable mines
  • Spoiler
    • Currently there are 3 outdoors in riverwood and one in the Riften Ratway.
    • If you have the DB plugin you also need to deal with one in RavenRock (but do that last).
    • (quest may not always advance correctly - I'm working on that - but those are the ones that there are.
  •  Yeh you saved Skyrim...maybe...... (V0.2.0 content ends here).

(*) optional steps that may be skipped.

Are there more random approaches planned later?

Like random mines that trigger if you get close or random spawns or like DCL traps?

Or even hidden mines (or just invisible ones).

Atm it feels like I have to get willfully into trouble instead of some suprise attacks.

nevertheless I like there your mod is going.

Links to SS+ or worse are always welcome^^

About the quest. I can actualy "kill" or destroy the mines with a weapon with a single hit (or arrow). Why should i use magic ?

Another thing, might it be possible to remove inventory items only when you really got chaught by a beast, not allready on the first hit ?

That might not leave that many chest laying around. And you have a chance to defeat a beast, cause you have your weapon still. regards

Edit: Well, seems when hit by weapon, they are still there.. but transform to wooden buckets *g*