1 hour ago, LinksSword said:

maybe this could be worked into cursed loot?

Keep it separate is better, cursed loot for me at least is heading into areas I have no interest in and due to that is heading into the list of mods to be removed from my load order, do not get me wrong I do like cursed loot, the potential bad consequences of looting everything is nice, but the way it currently seems to be heading towards is mostly in changes to companions and companion quests added by cursed loot, personally I hate companions, vanilla or mod added, I hate having to haul them around even when quests require them, the dawn guard vampire quest annoyed the hell out of me, due to the fact you must drag serana around with you rather than just setting the quest going then ditching her which would be my normal preferred way of doing things, same with any quest in most games if I can do them without hauling npc's along with me I will.

For anybody interested here is a quick bodge job to level lists for these things it is v0.6 if it matters, they can be found the same places as dwemer spiders/centurions/spheres can be, though do be aware if they do not do anything that the base chain beast does not already do, so if they grab you in combat it may well not be very good for you.

SkyrimChainBeastsLevelLists.7z

Install down load and install v0.6 then download and install this mod, choose overwrite when asked, or if using mo you can just place this mod under the main mod and it should show as overwriting the main mods esp.

On 4/1/2018 at 6:57 PM, Varithina said:

Keep it separate is better, cursed loot for me at least is heading into areas I have no interest in and due to that is heading into the list of mods to be removed from my load order, do not get me wrong I do like cursed loot, the potential bad consequences of looting everything is nice, but the way it currently seems to be heading towards is mostly in changes to companions and companion quests added by cursed loot, personally I hate companions, vanilla or mod added, I hate having to haul them around even when quests require them, the dawn guard vampire quest annoyed the hell out of me, due to the fact you must drag serana around with you rather than just setting the quest going then ditching her which would be my normal preferred way of doing things, same with any quest in most games if I can do them without hauling npc's along with me I will.

I mean there is another mod that works like CL... Devious Chest i believe. That doesn't have a focus on companions.

3 hours ago, LinksSword said:

I mean there is another mod that works like CL... Devious Chest i believe. That doesn't have a focus on companions.

I have seen that mod but it was a bit buggy last time I looked at it which was ages ago to be honest, though I probably soon will take another look, I also intend to see what the changes to v4 of devious devices and such do to it as well.

Very cool, giving it a shot. As far as rope textures, the latest DD added some real nice items. Would be neat to see chain beasts scattered about randomly. Thanks for sharing :).

Edit: With Mod Organizer.... Installed, and ran FNIS for Users V7.0 XXL (Skyrim 32 bit) received error message >>Warning: AnimationList found in  "Animations\SkyrimChainBeasts", but no corresponding Behavior file. Incomplete mod IGNORED.<<

I must admit I glanced over installation instructions...

30 minutes ago, thefakebobdole said:

Very cool, giving it a shot. As far as rope textures, the latest DD added some real nice items. Would be neat to see chain beasts scattered about randomly. Thanks for sharing :).

Edit: With Mod Organizer.... Installed, and ran FNIS for Users V7.0 XXL (Skyrim 32 bit) received error message >>Warning: AnimationList found in  "Animations\SkyrimChainBeasts", but no corresponding Behavior file. Incomplete mod IGNORED.<<

I must admit I glanced over installation instructions...

Yea, was about to report this myself - the behavior file is in the wrong location. 

It is currently in meshes\actors\character\animations\behaviors, but should actually be in meshes\actors\character\behaviors.  If you unpack the mod, move the folder, repack and reinstall it should work.

On the actual mod - hadn't tried it before this latest version but had been following it.  Really cool proof of concept atm, and they seem to work pretty well in the test cell.

Few observations/minor issues:

- The chain beasts spawned in Riverwood weren't very successful in their endeavors because the guards in the town at the time happened to be all male.  Male NPCs do get stripped and paralyzed, but since they don't get the gear or sent to the furniture they kept getting up and keeping the aggro of the beasts.  If there are male versions of the gear eventually this probably won't be an issue.

- I was using ZAP 8.0+, and I did not see any problems with functionality in the test cell.  The test cell worked really well because the beasts only had females to attack and no males to get distracted by.

- Equipment getting removed and put into a lockbox was fine for NPCs with their small inventories.  However, on my player character moving my entire inventory at once always causes a scripting stack dump unless I have a very small inventory.  This is a problem in the regular game as well (Embassy quest for example).  Not really a bug as it is a base-game problem, but in a more "final" version of the mod it would be a good idea for item removal to be optional.

Cool mod either way, I'll keep following and see where you take it.  Didn't really see any big problems other than the behavior file location issue.

So how does this handle characters that have lockable equipment e.g. Devious Devices does it unequipped them and force the chain beast form look or what. Also small idea for the chain beast spider have the restrained character not touch the ground but be restrained on the front of the beast like a kind of spider centaur. Final thing does the summonable version make NPC go towards devices or just bind and pacify them when restrained enough.

6 hours ago, Shiranui_Mahamayah said:

So how does this handle characters that have lockable equipment e.g. Devious Devices does it unequipped them and force the chain beast form look or what. Also small idea for the chain beast spider have the restrained character not touch the ground but be restrained on the front of the beast like a kind of spider centaur. Final thing does the summonable version make NPC go towards devices or just bind and pacify them when restrained enough.

1.  I would guess that at this time in there development of the mod, they have probably not considered that. Or allowed it to take president over there getting everything to work.

2. I am sure just a Key word check could be done, and the Chain beast would abort equipping it's self, and defeat the mod.  But if it used a Slot not used by DDI ( not that there are many useful ones left, if any ), one might still get it to work, but then you may come in conflict with DDI animations. ( Not Sure )

3. I ran it on an MO profile, that has no DDI, so for me it was not a problem.

4.  I don't mind leaving DDI off when testing it for now, as I know it is a very innovative, and I am sure time consuming MOd to create for one person. I am just so happy to see it, The chain beast's were alway's one of my Oblivion fun mod's to run, and having them here, can only be a good thing.

5. The chain beast's attack NPC and Player stamina until they fall down, and it goes through stages of Bondage until finally the chain beast, completely en-cage's the Player, and force walks ( Crawls If you have the animations installed ) them to a Bondage Post.   Player is released after a short time, and you can try to get a lock pick, and get your stuff back from the dropped chest.

all of that is on the download page, I believe.

3 hours ago, galgat said:

1.  I would guess that at this time in there development of the mod, they have probably not considered that. Or allowed it to take president over there getting everything to work.

2. I am sure just a Key word check could be done, and the Chain beast would abort equipping it's self, and defeat the mod.  But if it used a Slot not used by DDI ( not that there are many useful ones left, if any ), one might still get it to work, but then you may come in conflict with DDI animations. ( Not Sure )

3. I ran it on an MO profile, that has no DDI, so for me it was not a problem.

4.  I don't mind leaving DDI off when testing it for now, as I know it is a very innovative, and I am sure time consuming MOd to create for one person. I am just so happy to see it, The chain beast's were alway's one of my Oblivion fun mod's to run, and having them here, can only be a good thing.

My (very short) testing session was with a full load order including all the DD mods and Cursed Loot - there did not seem to be any serious conflicts at this time with the mods on characters that have no bondage gear on.  It looks like most of the chain beast gear is basically ZAP gear, except the final form which is a body slot item.

Did not test it with a character actually wearing DD, but that is definitely something to worry about later in development once the actually functionality is working as intended.  That stage seems pretty close.  My assumption would be that wearing DD that block the equipping of the slots Chain Beasts use would stop them from being able to complete the set - similarly to how males can't go any further than being naked in the current version.

They won't attack me, at least not the ones from A) Riverwood or B) the mines I place myself. Even if I attack them, they ignore me. Odd.

Correction: The SPIDERS will attack me. Not so much the beasts. The spiders will literally kill me.

Also FNIS tells me that your mod has no associated animation files? Huh.

">>Warning: AnimationList found in  "Animations\SkyrimChainBeasts", but no corresponding Behavior file. Incomplete mod IGNORED.<<"

Edit: Source of non-hostility appears to be related to Extensible Follower framework. But setting the allowed amount of 'friend' hits before becoming hostile (all categories) to '0', they attack... but ONLY if I strike them first.

21 minutes ago, Yuni said:

Edit: Source of non-hostility appears to be related to Extensible Follower framework. But setting the allowed amount of 'friend' hits before becoming hostile (all categories) to '0', they attack... but ONLY if I strike them first.

The 4 legged chain beasts are functionally wolves - if you have Moonlight Tales wolfkin faction or similar mod that makes wolves not attack you they will be friendly.

The animation problem and the fix for has been talked about on this page.

30 minutes ago, Reesewow said:

The 4 legged chain beasts are functionally wolves - if you have Moonlight Tales wolfkin faction or similar mod that makes wolves not attack you they will be friendly.

The animation problem and the fix for has been talked about on this page.

.... It's from SPERG! I have the Archery perk that makes wolves and other similar critters passive because I'd rather mate them than fight them. That explains it, yes.

wall of text warning.

now that the SD+ dependency was dropped i took it for a quick test drive

the good news is it worked fairly well instantly

as my PC is lvl 35 (with a couple locked) and i had a follower (Andromeda, yes i like her...she is bada$$) with me the first run i wound up waist deep in 

dead chain beasts before i got completely captured (i just stood there, Andromeda was a 1 hit wonder...she hit them and they were dead).

after full capture i was taken to a pole (think this mod added it) stuck on it for a while then could move again.  after finding the right box (a bit hard due to

PEBCAK causing a ton of dead bodies) i was able to recover my gear.

added the 3 spell books (used AIM) and tried them out, the conjure worked to have a friendly chainbeast that followed me for a bit (it will fight on your side if you

are attacked, but otherwise it just stands around).  the "place mine" spell worked perfectly (and if hit its chainbeasts are hostile to all in area, a good thing).

the "capture test" spell i could never get to actually fire (if what i read in the thread is right it no longer works anyway).

reloaded save to clear the dead bodies, dismissed follower, went back to Riverwood and crossed the river from the Chainbeast Mine.

placed a new mine (via the spell).  equipped a full set off generic DD items (arm cuffs, leg cuffs, gag, boots, gloves, collar, straightjacket). 

hit the mine and stood there (yes you can trigger the mine wearing a straightjacket).

results were interesting:

average chainbeast took from just over 3/4 of my stamina (215 of 170 max, overage due to ring and shrine blessing) to all of my stamina before one of

the guards (regular guards that show up once "Before the Storm" is completed) would kill it with arrows.  2 died before "capturing" PC.

when a chainbeast took the last of my stamina it would equip the chainbeast part that it was supposed to but it left the DD items still equipped, resulting

in double items equipped to the same slot (2 collars, 2 leg items, 2 hand items) the items visible on PC was the chainbeast item.

the final item could not equip and drag me to the pole though. 

upon getting a key (chainbeast key) it did unequip the chainbeast items, and i was able to recover the rest of my gear. 

the only problem was the DD stuff was not visible on PC after the Chainbeast items were equipped. 

i was able to have them show up visibly on PC again by trying (and failing) to remove the DD items. 

normal removal of the DD items after making them visible again worked fine.

during both runs other things (NPCs and Creatures) were able to "take advantage" of PC being naked and tied (due to the Chainbeast items), and

yes i know which other mods triggered due to being naked and visibly bound (Cursed Loot, Deviously Enslaved, Aroused Creatures, Player Exhibitionist i saw). 

also during both runs it did not remove any quest items (yes i have some of Benzarah's Stones and a few other quest items).

when the mod has basic functionality done you may wish to incorporate a check for DD items, and possibly some adjustments for them.

overall i do like what has been done so far (and will keep watching and trying it as it progresses).

so THANKS for the mod. :beer: :smile:

p.s. will edit post later after further testing.  want to check how it handles npcs when the area is not overloaded with dead bodies

Becareful when using with Arachnaphobia..  I was enjoying the chainbeasts battle in Riverwood when I got caught by a web from the chainspider.. Arachnaphobia had me wrapped in web and bobbing of down the river unable to breakfree of web. Drowning would probably have been a better ending for my poor "Ponygirl" .. 

Great idea though and loving to see how it is developing..  The potential for the mines (when they can self detonate if approached too closely) could make a lot of narrow or enclosed places very dangerous later in development..  Loving it so far, keep up the good work!!!

Ideas:

* Tameable/symbiotic chain beast, likely integrated into some sort of simple quest. Levels up and places more restraints as it grows (thinking the end-point would probably be something akin to full Heretical assets set), with each piece coming with compensatory buffs (might want to integrate with Devious Training). Wearing provides a series of (potentially leveled) chain binding spells that can be used on humanoid opponents, perhaps the summoning/trapping (preferably indefinitely :P) within ZAZ assets. Bonding with/taming chain beast can earn power to order it off an on at will, behaves like standard animal companion its based on when off. Symbiosis might lead to blending of textures of metal with skin (would require Slavetats integration). And while I realize it's probably too ambitious at this juncture, the possibility to customize tame chain beast's individual parts at a forge (eg. iron mitts with added weapon)

* Other restraint materials come to mind as well, specifically spider webs (cocoons target, would probably utilize Arachnophobia integration to some degree), bandages, leather (thinking ZAZ bondage bag specifically, but would also cover Devious Devices), ebonite, Dwemer restraints (see Devious Dwarven Cuirass), and wood (see Sanguine's Debauchery/Flowering Spriggan). With regard to the latter, I could see some wooden amalgam locking itself onto a target, burying them up to their neck, and forcing them to orgasm several times before releasing them.

* For guro lovers, why not include some sort of nail beast that pierces the target's flesh and is impossible to remove without the help of a blacksmith and/or priest? Or even further, a red-hot welded chain beast that fuses shut around the wearer and inflicts fire damage (non-lethal, cools after first contact)?

* Use of chain beasts by law enforcement (Prison Overhaul integration)

further report of testing with npcs

NPCs get treated the same as the PC = attacked, stripped, bound, drug to device, held a while and released.  

NPC gear is stored in a container, exactly the same as the PCs gear. 

NPCs will not retrieve their own gear due to Skyrim default mechanics (not sure if this can even be fixed at all).

PC can retrieve NPC gear (though it will be marked as stolen regardless of relationship rank 0-3 {4 not tested yet} .  unsure if it will still be marked stolen

if the NPC is a current follower).  it is marked stolen if from a potential follower (relationship rank 3).

; will have to get a low level follower and test if gear still marked stolen if the NPC is a current follower, also need a relationship rank 4 test subject. 

PC can release NPC from the chainbeast gear if relationship rank is high enough.

was unable to give regular items to Gerdur (relationship rank 0 initially) or release initially, after console increasing relationship rank to 1 was able

to release from chainbeast gear but still unable to give regular items thru default gift menu.

was unable to give (default gift) regular items to Lilly (potential follower at relationship rank 3 initially), able to release from chainbeast gear, after recruiting was

able to give regular items thru default follower commands (she did equip items at this time), Lilly kept the items after dismissal.

reverse pickpocketing gear does work to give items to NPCs (they do keep them and will equip them), but this will not release NPCs from chainbeasts (not really

a problem ... you can release them if your relationship rank is high enough anyway). did this to Sven, Hod, Gerdur (after trying to give her stuff).

health of ChainBeasts seems accurate for a 0-5 level PC in a low population area (Riverwood).  will need to figure out a way to adjust for higher level character

or more populated areas.  Chainbeast Mine placed in Whiterun, Chainbeasts dies to fast (they get dogpiled).

Spider Chainbeast did kill 1 NPC (Sigird) during testing (may want to lower health damage there).  sadly she was in full captured gear (and had been drug to a

device) and due to PEBKAC (i goofed) during resurrection i was not able to test other things with her.

Spider Chainbeast spit effect can currently cause impregnation.  not sure which mod caused this as i have 3 mods that add estrus effects.

(Estrus Charaus+, Estrus Spider+, and Estrus Dwemer+) my guess would be ES+.

; will post again when PC gets pregnant and i can tell which mod does it for certain.

idea for self detonation is a good one for later in the development. idea is from Steelmagpie.  Hermaus Moon has some other ideas that could also be good later

in development.

overall the mod works very well for the state of its current development.  it will need a few tweaks/adjustments to reach a beta stage but it is not far from there now.

so thanks again for the mod. :smile: :beer:

edit

further testing with the mod

NPCs refusal to receive gifts of gear at relationship rank 3 (or less) is due to the stolen tag, at relationship rank 4 they will accept stolen items

as gifts.  this is due to Skyrim default mechanics. (yes even if the item originally came from that NPC).

Pregnancy was due to ES+ (confirmed now due to PC pregnancy)

Relationship rank or current follower does not matter for items stripped - they are all tagged as stolen when recovered by the PC.

Relationship rank of 1 (or greater) needed to release NPCs from chainbeast gear.  dialogue to release NPC does not show at relationship rank 0.

confirmation by someone else requested on this point (relationship rank 0 not having the release dialogue for NPCs).

NPCs with default gear that does not show in inventory will have it re-equipped when cell is changed (load screen).  this is a default

Skyrim mechanic.  if default gear normally shows in inventory it is not re-equipped.

testing was done with 225+ mods installed and working (normal playing profile, load order attached for reference).

plugins.txt

12 hours ago, valcon767 said:

further report of testing with npcs

NPCs get treated the same as the PC = attacked, stripped, bound, drug to device, held a while and released.  

NPC gear is stored in a container, exactly the same as the PCs gear. 

NPCs will not retrieve their own gear due to Skyrim default mechanics (not sure if this can even be fixed at all).

PC can retrieve NPC gear (though it will be marked as stolen regardless of relationship rank 0-3 {4 not tested yet} .  unsure if it will still be marked stolen

Gear is probably marked stolen because PC doesn't OWN the container the items are stored in.  Set the container to be owned by PC and the gear should no longer be marked as stolen if the PC takes it.

OTOH, it does make the gear easier to find in the inventory.

15 hours ago, WaxenFigure said:

Gear is probably marked stolen because PC doesn't OWN the container the items are stored in.  Set the container to be owned by PC and the gear should no longer be marked as stolen if the PC takes it.

OTOH, it does make the gear easier to find in the inventory.

i personally do not care either way. was just mentioning it so mod author is aware it does it.

and you are right it sure does make finding it in inventory a lot easier.

Thanks to all for the feedback. I'm working on an update but its not quite ready for release yet.

>So how does this handle characters that have lockable equipment e.g. Devious Devices does it unequipped them and force the chain beast form look or what.

I can try to add some basic DD compatibility without making it a requirement (some keyword checks-DD used to have zbf keywords but seems they have been phased out or it should already be working).
Does anyone have a list of (relevant) DD keywords ? (those on ankle/wrist/collar/gag devices)

> on my player character moving my entire inventory at once always causes a scripting stack dump unless I have a very small inventory. This is a problem in the regular game as well (Embassy quest for example).
> Not really a bug as it is a base-game problem, but in a more "final" version of the mod it would be a good idea for item removal to be optional.

I have added a work around attempt (max-strip-size variable for player inventory only; set -1 for no limit 0 for no stripping, n for strip at most n items).
Any idea what around where the critical size typically lies so I can preset it to a sensible value?

On the FNIS issue:
> Yea, was about to report this myself - the behavior file is in the wrong location.
Thanks for pointing this out as well as providing the workaround. Copied it to the wrong place when building the mod release. Fixed for next release.

>the "capture test" spell i could never get to actually fire (if what i read in the thread is right it no longer works anyway)
Yes never really got that spell to work. Please ignore it.
Will likely remove.

>Becareful when using with Arachnaphobia
>Spider Chainbeast spit effect can currently cause impregnation.
>Spider Chainbeast did kill 1 NPC (Sigird) during testing
Chainspider has its own spell now instead of using the frostbite spider spell.
Should solve issues with people getting killed easily, and with mods that change the spider spell such as archnaphobia, etc.

> Non hostile.
Changed factions; chain beasts are no longer wolfs or spiders (just creatures, preditors and, ofcourse, chainbeasts).
Should solve certain cases of the beasts not being hostile.

>PC can release NPC from the chainbeast gear if relationship rank is high enough.
I think it should be possible to release anyone the player can talk to (even hostile actors if you manage to talk to them...).
However, it is only possible to release post punishment victims, not those that only got part of the way. (You can recognize which is the case; if has mask but not foot chains its a post-punishment victim.) (Will need to consider how to recognize the `intermediate' victims in the dialog condition to support that...perhaps a custom collar with dedicated keyword with WornHasKeyword does the trick.)

>- The chain beasts spawned in Riverwood weren't very successful in their endeavors because the guards in the town at the time happened to be all male. Male NPCs do get stripped and paralyzed, but since they don't get the gear or sent to the furniture they kept getting up and keeping the aggro of the beasts. If there are male versions of the gear eventually this probably won't be an issue.

Yeah needs a flood of chainbeasts.
I've added a fear spell to keep non-capturable NPCs out of the way for a bit at least but may have to make it more potent.
You can already set male to capturable (not tested) but there are no (appropriate) meshes. It should work but restraints will be invisible or look odd (eg crawler will likely look like the glass armor).

> marked as stolen
> NPCs will not retrieve their own gear due to Skyrim default mechanics (not sure if this can even be fixed at all).
Stripped NPC items are moved to a box retain ownership so yes taking them indeed would be considered stealing.
I'm looking into ways to post release mechanisms to get the stuff back to the NPC but the only way I can think of right now is rather complicated. To be continued...

> Also small idea for the chain beast spider have the restrained character not touch the ground but be restrained on the front of the beast like a kind of spider centaur.
Nice idea for the spider-crawler.
(So far I've tried some things for making the spider-crawler but nothing so far really works well.)
However, needs entirely new animations which is something I do not yet know how to do.

>Final thing does the summonable version make NPC go towards devices or just bind and pacify them when restrained enough.
The summonable version will restrain and then punish like the `wild' ones, but only enemies of the summoner and like other summons they are not persistent. (Though capturing an enemy gives them enough power to break free from the summoners control - they will go `wild'; so persistent and mostly hostile, also to the summoner.)
(Ok its really due to the mechanism I'm using to move from beast to crawler and back but that sounded plausible right?)

>It looks like most of the chain beast gear is basically ZAP gear, except the final form which is a body slot item.
Indeed that is exaclty the case. (The gag is a minor variation on a ZAP mesh but essentially just a standard ZAP gag.)