45 minutes ago, rubber_duck said:

I really don't understand why or what caused this, the only mods I've installed for this playthrough are SS2 + Chapter 2, Random Overlay Framework, MCM Settings Manager and FallUI (as far as I can tell, nothing that would interfere with CSL).

I'm using all of those except FallUI, with more hours into my current game than yours, and so far CSL continues to work.  Quick question to clarify, are you seeing the !DamagedXX entries in your apparel list, or no?  And are there any CSL-related errors in your papyrus log?

Just now, spicydoritos said:

I'm using all of those except FallUI, with more hours into my current game than yours, and so far CSL continues to work.  Quick question to clarify, are you seeing the !DamagedXX entries in your apparel list, or no?  And are there any CSL-related errors in your papyrus log?

I don't have !DamagedXX entries in apparel list and there are no errors in papyrus log. Most issues I'm able to resolve on my own, but this is the exception. I've just started a new test save so I'll try and see if it works on that one.

4 hours ago, rubber_duck said:

I do have Agony, Extended Agony and Advanced Needs 2, if it somehow breaks CSL, though I don't think it's the case since I've used all these mods together for really long time now and I've never experienced any issues (apart from CSL's Stimpak recovery; that doesn't work probably because I disabled Stimpak heal for crippled limbs in AN2).

I use CSL with AN2, though since I tend to end up with crippled limbs rather frequently I do have stimpaks set to heal limb crippling. Granted, I doubt that would impact CSL.

1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

I use CSL with AN2, though since I tend to end up with crippled limbs rather frequently I do have stimpaks set to heal limb crippling. Granted, I doubt that would impact CSL.

Update: I started a new save, configured every mod in MCM manually (instead of using MCM Setting Manager like the previous time; don't know if the said mod is the cause) and CSL seems to be working correctly. I did enable Stimpaks healing crippling (just to see if it would impact CSL) and it still doesn't work (though it doesn't matter that much). Anyways, nearly 3 hours in, my character is equipped with TheKite's Vault-Tec Slavesuit and all pieces of leather armor. Every part strips as it should and CSL behaves as it should.

Which leads me to the following conclusions (something I didn't mention correctly):

Either it's MCM Settings Manager - it was my first time trying it out, and despite loading all MCM configs correctly, the game behaved... differently. For example, at level 7 I'd start seeing Automatron's Rust Devils just roaming around, even though I've never changed random encounter stuff.

Or, it's Vtaw's Utility Pack - earlier I mentioned that my character wears only Vtaw's stuff from WD series (which was correct), but I forgot that my character wore Pantyhose for Onepiece from his Utility Pack. As far as I can tell, Utility pack is a bit different compared to his newer stuff (primarily, I'm able to apply misc. mods to stuff from Utility Pack, such as Pocketed, Deep Pocketed, Muffled, etc., whereas with his newer stuff, WD4 and up, I cannot). I might be correct on this, but then again, I might be terribly wrong (and I hope it's the latter). Those two are the only explanations I have at the moment.

30 minutes ago, rubber_duck said:

Update: I started a new save, configured every mod in MCM manually (instead of using MCM Setting Manager like the previous time; don't know if the said mod is the cause) and CSL seems to be working correctly. I did enable Stimpaks healing crippling (just to see if it would impact CSL) and it still doesn't work (though it doesn't matter that much). Anyways, nearly 3 hours in, my character is equipped with TheKite's Vault-Tec Slavesuit and all pieces of leather armor. Every part strips as it should and CSL behaves as it should.

Which leads me to the following conclusions (something I didn't mention correctly):

Either it's MCM Settings Manager - it was my first time trying it out, and despite loading all MCM configs correctly, the game behaved... differently. For example, at level 7 I'd start seeing Automatron's Rust Devils just roaming around, even though I've never changed random encounter stuff.

Or, it's Vtaw's Utility Pack - earlier I mentioned that my character wears only Vtaw's stuff from WD series (which was correct), but I forgot that my character wore Pantyhose for Onepiece from his Utility Pack. As far as I can tell, Utility pack is a bit different compared to his newer stuff (primarily, I'm able to apply misc. mods to stuff from Utility Pack, such as Pocketed, Deep Pocketed, Muffled, etc., whereas with his newer stuff, WD4 and up, I cannot). I might be correct on this, but then again, I might be terribly wrong (and I hope it's the latter). Those two are the only explanations I have at the moment.

I'm using MCM Settings Manager, though I'm very careful to only have it load presets when I start a new game from a previously unmodded save, because I don't entirely trust it to deal correctly with restoring state once mods may have started writing some things of their own into what should theoretically be MCM's domain.

I use a lot of pieces from VTAW's Wardrobe #6 these days, though, and CSL strips them just fine when I'm hit. Granted, I do carefully tune the biped slots I want stripped to make sense for the pieces I'm wearing.

36 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

I'm using MCM Settings Manager, though I'm very careful to only have it load presets when I start a new game from a previously unmodded save, because I don't entirely trust it to deal correctly with restoring state once mods may have started writing some things of their own into what should theoretically be MCM's domain.

I use a lot of pieces from VTAW's Wardrobe #6 these days, though, and CSL strips them just fine when I'm hit. Granted, I do carefully tune the biped slots I want stripped to make sense for the pieces I'm wearing.

Hey thanks for replying!

WD6 works (strips) fine on my end, even though I haven't changed the default CSL settings. I know I've already taken up so much of your time, but once you get the chance would you mind sharing the said slot settings in form of a screenshot or .json? I'm curious to see how you tuned it!

For now, CSL works fine; I will test it a ton more with different clothing items from various mods, and (hopefully) the issue won't be present in the current save.

Thanks for replying and sharing useful tips! Have a good one!

43 minutes ago, rubber_duck said:

Hey thanks for replying!

WD6 works (strips) fine on my end, even though I haven't changed the default CSL settings. I know I've already taken up so much of your time, but once you get the chance would you mind sharing the said slot settings in form of a screenshot or .json? I'm curious to see how you tuned it!

For now, CSL works fine; I will test it a ton more with different clothing items from various mods, and (hopefully) the issue won't be present in the current save.

I've sort of inverted things, so combat can start to get lewd quickly when I'm hit...

general:
    hit chance: 100
    health threshold: 100
    lucky heals: 100
recovery:
    recovery time: 600
advanced:
    level 1: 3, 12
    level 2: 11, 24
    level 3: 15, -1
    level 4: 6, -1
    level 5:  25, -1, -1, -1
    level 6: -1, -1, -1, -1

I also set Violate's integration for CSL to auto-surrender at level 5.

1 hour ago, rubber_duck said:

Hey thanks for replying!

If you want to fire up your previous save for testing purposes, here's a diagnostic version of the main script.  It's the same as the normal main script but it has a whole pile of extra debug.trace commands to help track down points of failure via the papyrus log.  Just load it after the regular CSL mod.  I wouldn't keep it around long term unless you like a bunch of superfluous lines written to your papyrus log.

CSL Diagnostic.zip

Ok i may or may not need some help

With the clothing mods that use a lot of biped slots, i find myself having some indestructible clothes that never strip since there is 16 possibilities in the mcm and i would need a bit more.

So trying to mess around FO4edit i made two new slot threeC and FourC and also added them in the quest properties

Now i will do a copy paste the jason for the mcm to add them in the menu and in theory it should appears.

I hope ?

Edit : Esp wasn't enough i have to go change the script also but progressing positively

Edited by tuxagent7

ok i am having difficulties knowing what to do in the spolier

I see that the fifth damage stack is not the same way as the four first ?

For adding a slot c to third and four should i just add or transform the code as the fifth damage stack ?

Spoiler

; Sixth slot are always same and last
    effectiveSlotSixA = CSL_SlotSixA.GetValueInt()
    effectiveSlotSixB = CSL_SlotSixB.GetValueInt()
    effectiveSlotSixC = CSL_SlotSixC.GetValueInt()
    effectiveSlotSixD = CSL_SlotSixD.GetValueInt()

; Set first slot ?
    int selectCount = activeSlots.Length / 5
    if selectCount >= 2
        effectiveSlotOneA = activeSlots[0]
        effectiveSlotOneB = activeSlots[1]
        activeSlots.remove(0, 2)
    else
        effectiveSlotOneB = -1
        activeSlots.remove(0)
    endif

; Set second slot ?
    selectCount = activeSlots.Length / 4
    if selectCount >= 2
        effectiveSlotTwoA = activeSlots[0]
        effectiveSlotTwoB = activeSlots[1]
        activeSlots.remove(0, 2)
    else
        effectiveSlotTwoB = -1
        activeSlots.remove(0)
    endif

; Set third slot ?
    selectCount = activeSlots.Length / 3
    if selectCount >= 2
        effectiveSlotThreeA = activeSlots[0]
        effectiveSlotThreeB = activeSlots[1]
        activeSlots.remove(0, 2)
    else
        effectiveSlotThreeB = -1
        activeSlots.remove(0)
    endif

; Set fourth slot ?
    selectCount = activeSlots.Length / 2
    if selectCount >= 2
        effectiveSlotFourA = activeSlots[0]
        effectiveSlotFourB = activeSlots[1]
        activeSlots.remove(0, 2)
    else
        effectiveSlotFourB = -1
        activeSlots.remove(0)
    endif

; Set fifth slot
    effectiveSlotFiveA = activeSlots[0]
    effectiveSlotFiveB = -1
    effectiveSlotFiveC = -1
    effectiveSlotFiveD = -1

activeSlots.remove(0)
    if activeSlots.Length > 0
        effectiveSlotFiveB = activeSlots[0]
        activeSlots.remove(0)

effectiveSlotFiveC = activeSlots[0]
            activeSlots.remove(0)

effectiveSlotFiveD = activeSlots[0]
                activeSlots.remove(0)
            endif
        endif
    endif

Edit : the rest of the modifications seems to work well adding a third slot c and this part seems for the random slot so i turned it off in the mcm just to be sure while i get some help

Edited by tuxagent7
3 hours ago, tuxagent7 said:

ok i am having difficulties knowing what to do in the spolier

I see that the fifth damage stack is not the same way as the four first ?

For adding a slot c to third and four should i just add or transform the code as the fifth damage stack ?

Hide contents

; Sixth slot are always same and last
    effectiveSlotSixA = CSL_SlotSixA.GetValueInt()
    effectiveSlotSixB = CSL_SlotSixB.GetValueInt()
    effectiveSlotSixC = CSL_SlotSixC.GetValueInt()
    effectiveSlotSixD = CSL_SlotSixD.GetValueInt()

; Set first slot ?
    int selectCount = activeSlots.Length / 5
    if selectCount >= 2
        effectiveSlotOneB = activeSlots[1]
        activeSlots.remove(0, 2)
    else
        effectiveSlotOneB = -1
        activeSlots.remove(0)
    endif

; Set second slot ?
    selectCount = activeSlots.Length / 4
    if selectCount >= 2
        effectiveSlotTwoB = activeSlots[1]
        activeSlots.remove(0, 2)
    else
        effectiveSlotTwoB = -1
        activeSlots.remove(0)
    endif

; Set third slot ?
    if selectCount >= 2
        activeSlots.remove(0, 2)
    else
        effectiveSlotThreeB = -1
        activeSlots.remove(0)
    endif

; Set fourth slot ?
    if selectCount >= 2
        activeSlots.remove(0, 2)
    else
        effectiveSlotFourB = -1
        activeSlots.remove(0)
    endif

; Set fifth slot
    effectiveSlotFiveA = activeSlots[0]
    effectiveSlotFiveB = -1
    effectiveSlotFiveC = -1
    effectiveSlotFiveD = -1

activeSlots.remove(0)
        effectiveSlotFiveB = activeSlots[0]
        activeSlots.remove(0)

effectiveSlotFiveC = activeSlots[0]
            activeSlots.remove(0)

effectiveSlotFiveD = activeSlots[0]
                activeSlots.remove(0)
            endif
        endif
    endif

Edit : the rest of the modifications seems to work well adding a third slot c and this part seems for the random slot so i turned it off in the mcm just to be sure while i get some help

Based on a quick perusal of the function and how it works, you could try something like this:

Spoiler

; Set third slot ?
    if selectCount >= 2

effectiveSlotThreeC = activeSlots[2]
        activeSlots.remove(0, 3)
    else
        effectiveSlotThreeB = -1

effectiveSlotThreeC = -1
        activeSlots.remove(0)
    endif

; Set fourth slot ?
    if selectCount >= 2

effectiveSlotFourC = activeSlots[2]
        activeSlots.remove(0, 3)
    else
        effectiveSlotFourB = -1

effectiveSlotFourC = -1
        activeSlots.remove(0)
    endif

I *think* that will work without overly disrupting twistedtrebla's carefully constructed mathematical logic structure.  The more additional slots you add, the less it'll hold up in its original form though.

6 hours ago, chenfan said:

nice mod man!!! but i come across some troubles recently cuz the mod does not work at all. even if i unistalled all my mods and started over. it seemed in vain. u know what caused the circumstance? Appreciate ur reply!!!

"It suddenly stopped working" isn't much to go on, unfortunately. Start from basics: make sure you're launching the game with f4se_loader.exe and that all of F4SE is correctly installed (including its scripts). Without more to go on, though, there's not much anyone can say to help you other than, "it's working in my game, you must be doing something wrong (and good luck figuring out what!)."

• 1 month later...

I’m having an issue where the function to keep me from wearing stripped gear doesn’t work. The item gets stripped, the damaged bodypart item shows up, but I can just re-equip anything to that slot. 

not using custom armor, just replacers

23 hours ago, EPBD8 said:

I’m having an issue where the function to keep me from wearing stripped gear doesn’t work. The item gets stripped, the damaged bodypart item shows up, but I can just re-equip anything to that slot. 

not using custom armor, just replacers

Yes it does do that. It will remove the items again a bit later, so I assume there's a timed check in the scripts somewhere that only removes but doesn't block re-equip. At at a guess, probably needs the damaged limb to be unremovable until the timer has expired to stop this behaviour.

Not really much of a problem though. I just don't re-equip and leave the script to do it, as it rather negates the point of this mod if you do

Edited by Slorm
58 minutes ago, Slorm said:

Yes it does do that. It will remove the items again a bit later, so I assume there's a timed check in the scripts somewhere that only removes but doesn't block re-equip. At at a guess, probably needs the damaged limb to be unremovable until the timer has expired to stop this behaviour.

Not really much of a problem though. I just don't re-equip and leave the script to do it, as it rather negates the point of this mod if you do

I have extremely poor impulse control and will just re-equip the armor anyway?

I can’t impose artificial limits on myself. I need the game to stop me. ?

47 minutes ago, EPBD8 said:

I find it easier to treat my impulse control problems with booze... doesn't actually stop me from acting on my impulses, just makes me not care as much. ?

4 hours ago, vaultbait said:

I find it easier to treat my impulse control problems with booze... doesn't actually stop me from acting on my impulses, just makes me not care as much. ?

I’m an alcoholic, so I really shouldn’t. ?

9 hours ago, EPBD8 said:

Same as me, I want the game to force me not to re-equip it, want the game to make me helpless. ?

I have the same issue like you with the 1.5.0 version, I hate when I can't control myself to open my inventory and re-equip the armors again, and the mod let me equip it and refuse to force it strip down.

To this day, I still don't know what is breaking the mod, but the 1.4.1 version still works good, so not problem much.

On 1/22/2022 at 1:41 AM, vaultbait said:

I also set Violate's integration for CSL to auto-surrender at level 5.

where did you set it? I seem to be missing this option

my actress is wearing a mix of vtaw #7, 6 and 5. the damaged body parts show up in the pipboy, but not stripped ?

53 minutes ago, deathmorph said:

where did you set it? I seem to be missing this option

Make sure you're using AAF Violate 1.55 or later (1.56 is the latest version at the time I'm writing this). Go into the MCM for Violate and toward the end of the Mod Integration Options section you'll see a setting for the number of CSL stacks to surrender at.

53 minutes ago, deathmorph said:

my actress is wearing a mix of vtaw #7, 6 and 5. the damaged body parts show up in the pipboy, but not stripped ?

Are you sure you've configured CSL to strip the slots those items occupy? You need to check which "biped slots" each items uses (there are a variety of ways to do this ranging from FO4CK or FO4Edit to something like the debug MCM in Rad Morphing Redux), and then set them in the Advanced section of the CSL MCM.

47 minutes ago, deathmorph said:

Thanks for the tip, still had version 1.54 on it.

Unfortunately, I have no idea how to change that with the slots. I downloaded FO4edit but I don't see any relevant information for me there. Just the modules I see in Vortex.

If you want to figure out what biped slot(s) a particular item occupies, open the plugin for whatever outfit pack you're interested in with FO4Edit and then expand the ArmorAddon category under it and find your desired item's AA record there in the left pane. Click it, and in the right pane you'll see the corresponding record data, one part of which will be the list of one or more slots it covers.

ok, then I get this info here

1633569438_2022-03-2023_54_34-Window.png.5341397d695bfb1f3e0978227c9b5b56.png

I know I'm probably being stupid about this, but what am I going to do with this? what do I put there exactly where?

1247014548_2022-03-2023_42_18-Fallout4.png.89977cd71458a1a6bfe85e74b86d62d3.png

And once I've set that, I'll probably have to set it again after changing clothes, right? or are there presets that I can use?

Edited by deathmorph