They aren't finished. But I thought mb .... you guys could be my alpha testers? plox :smile: The meshes are finished. They work in game. Some of the textures are getting there.... a bit, the NIO is a bit too much .. it is 7 atm, I think mb 6? If you aren't interested in mucking around with half-finished stuff, come back in a couple of days. Otherwise here is a very early UNP version. You need High Heel Sound.

And Smedley, I am perfectly willing to listen to your requests. If I like them I will make them.

pinkpumps4.png

PumpsUNP.7z

On 12/02/2018 at 3:39 AM, Frankfranky said:

And Smedley, I am perfectly willing to listen to your requests. If I like them I will make them.

Haha oh dear... don't get me started

Well, I don't know that any of my ideas would be super popular as I'm not as big of a fan of fine evening heels on my adventurers (not that I don't like heels, but I'm one of those MUH IMMERSHUNS goofballs), but a couple which would be nice would be:

1 - Elegant basic knee-high boots with low-medium wedge heels (example) (example) (the Triss boots are basically this plus that cavalier knee-guard they have, which is cool, but the toe shape on those is horrible... I keep telling myself I'll use Outfit Studio to smooth them out myself)

2 - Same as above but slightly thicker with either a visible fur lining rim (example) (example - larger, left image) or thick above-knee socks rising above the knee boot (the socks one is basically like a non-hobo version of the hedge mage outfit boots)

3 - Full furry winter knee boots of better quality than the caveman boots of vanilla skyrim (example), again with low or medium wedge heels.

4 - Elegant-shaped but simple ballet flats (only ones I've seen are either awful or the round-toed Asian style ones with big tacky badges on them that immediately identify them as Asian "Akaviri"... never anything which might theoretically be kinda, sorta, halfway "lore friendly") (example)

5 - Slippers! Plain old warm (open-back) slippers! Probably fur or fleece lined would fit Skyrim best (example)

#2 is probably the one I'm most interested in (as a balance between 1 and 3, it's probably the one wearable in the most situations). But I don't expect you to make any of these. This is a simply a "That'd sure be nice to have" list and if you make any of them at all that's purely a(n amazing) bonus.

I'm not sure how to do fur. Clearly there is a way. That would be an interesting thing to find out how to do. Regarding immershun, personally I find my immershun threatened if my character's heels are closer to the ground than 7" and her skirt is longer than 7". I will think about it. I have always wanted some winter boots. I was kinda thinking ski-bunny, but I am sure I can manage a flats/wedge version at the same time. I will look at some more pictures.

3 hours ago, SmedleyDButler said:

1 - Elegant basic knee-high boots with low-medium wedge heels (example) (example) (the Triss boots are basically this plus that cavalier knee-guard they have, which is cool, but the toe shape on those is horrible... I keep telling myself I'll use Outfit Studio to smooth them out myself)

Yeah such boots would be great

And also worn soft leather boots like these

Spoiler

70451-0-1479781005.thumb.jpg.101c17ed563a18d9b55939e6cd6e01e6.jpg

14 hours ago, Frankfranky said:

I'm not sure how to do fur. Clearly there is a way. That would be an interesting thing to find out how to do. Regarding immershun, personally I find my immershun threatened if my character's heels are closer to the ground than 7" and her skirt is longer than 7". I will think about it. I have always wanted some winter boots. I was kinda thinking ski-bunny, but I am sure I can manage a flats/wedge version at the same time. I will look at some more pictures.

There's basically two ways. One is the vanilla way, where you make it a solid object and then apply a fur texture to it. This is actually just fine if you have a good texture (for example, the fur cloaks in Wet and Cold look just fine).

the other is a more complex method involving layered texture slices with transparencies to get a true "fluffy" look, (example mod: Fur Armour). I don't know much about how those meshes are built.

The second one is neat, but I've always been fine with the first one too.

2 hours ago, SmedleyDButler said:

true "fluffy" look

I don't think that looks true "fluffy". Kinda looks like.... idk. mb it isn't helped by the screenshots. I am on a mission to avoid transparency. There are just too many things that break it. I should put learn more about the BSLightingShader and NiAlpha property settings on my list of things to do. I also have a thing about smooth meshes. I hate reflections and specular effects that hit random corners. I end up staring at them and obsessing and debating whether I am going to pull the mesh apart and add resolution to get rid of it. The result is my meshes tend to be pretty high poly already, at least relative to commercial assets. I am not keen to launch on a technique that will multiply that problem.

There is a thing with vertex colors and blending I have been reading about. I think this is how Beth makes leaves with translucency, kinda faking transparency. Info on it is a bit thin on the ground, but I feel like this is a way to get a good fur effect. I will keep looking for info. I found a post on how to export it from max to nif, so that is a start. I am just not clear on what to do with it. I will work it out. I tend to agree with your last comment. The vanilla effect is fine, esp if it is just for a fur trim.

1 hour ago, Frankfranky said:

I don't think that looks true "fluffy". Kinda looks like.... idk. mb it isn't helped by the screenshots. I am on a mission to avoid transparency. There are just too many things that break it. I should put learn more about the BSLightingShader and NiAlpha property settings on my list of things to do. I also have a thing about smooth meshes. I hate reflections and specular effects that hit random corners. I end up staring at them and obsessing and debating whether I am going to pull the mesh apart and add resolution to get rid of it. The result is my meshes tend to be pretty high poly already, at least relative to commercial assets. I am not keen to launch on a technique that will multiply that problem.

There is a thing with vertex colors and blending I have been reading about. I think this is how Beth makes leaves with translucency, kinda faking transparency. Info on it is a bit thin on the ground, but I feel like this is a way to get a good fur effect. I will keep looking for info. I found a post on how to export it from max to nif, so that is a start. I am just not clear on what to do with it. I will work it out. I tend to agree with your last comment. The vanilla effect is fine, esp if it is just for a fur trim.

Yeah the regularity gives it a bit of an uncanny valley effect, so it's not actually clear it's an improvement over the vanilla effect, except from certain angles (which is why I called it "fluffy" rather than fluffy). And of course it's much more graphically intensive, which will certainly affect older machines.

Never heard of that last method you mentioned and now I'm curious about what it looks like. Any visual examples?

I did say ... ish.

You will need RaceMenu for NIO heels and Heel Sound https://www.loverslab.com/topic/44487-heels-sound/

There are 6 pairs of stiletto pumps : Black, White, Red, Gold, Zipi and a custom pair with blank textures so you can make your own if you like. There is a 2k and 4k UV template in the textures folder. (Zipi is my friend who was kind enough to put on her pointy pumps irl and tell me where her toes were so she gets a named pair - pink sparkles were her request).

Credit to CBBE, ChronoTrigger, Dimon, and Arison_c for the foot meshes. The rest is custom.

NB: I tried to contact Arison_c for permission to use his modified feet from his Charming High Heels mod, but at writing he hasn't gotten back to me. I think his permission say he is ok with people using them, they are a bit unclear. ChronoTrigger was fine as long as I credited CBBE. So they can't go to Nexus yet. Please try not to parade them over there till someone can clarify exactly what the situation is. They are very .... .... stuff .... ... about that kind of thing.

If I have screwed something up, I don't think I have, please leave a note, and a picture if possible, so I can get it fixed.

Edit : I messed up the folder structure of the meshes in the CBBE upload. The available download is fixed now. If you d/l before, you can open the meshes folder, add a new folder Pumps and put all the .nifs in that. Then it will work. Or you can just re-download.

Enjoy.

PumpsUNP.7z

PumpsCBBE.7z