Jungle Adventure has been unofficially announced

Details about the Game Pack teased in the Quarterly Teaser have been leaked:

The Sims 4 Jungle Adventure

Take your Sims on a mysterious adventure into the wild and discover a new culture.

Explore a unique wilderness landscape, revealing a temple, jungle obstacles, cursed relics and treasures. Experience the culture and customs of Selvadorada, from devouring local eats to learning spicy new dance moves!

gp3.png

KEY FEATURES

Venture to Selvadorada. Travel to Selvadorada a new destination where your Sims can befriend locals at the cantina or purchase essential survival gear. Your Sims can try traditional foods, dance to new music, practice native customs and shop for authentic décor. Dress your Sims in local fashion from outfits full of colorful patterns to durable clothing suitable for the jungle!

Explore the jungle. Sims gear up in hiking attire and prepare for danger as they trek deep into the jungle, revealing hidden pools, ancient artifact sites and ruins. Beware of natural dangers and obstacles (from deadly bees to poisonous spiders) that will surely keep your Sims on their toes!

Discover a hidden temple. Your Sims will be pleasantly surprised with what they’ll find when they stumble upon a unique temple. Venture into the mysterious rooms where Sims may find priceless relics, great treasures or doom! Have your Sims visit again to experience new challenges and uncover different treasures or traps.

Collect ancient artifacts. Uncover hidden items as Sims seek out ancient artifacts and mysterious relics. Sims can excavate and examine these precious objects closely at the archeology table, determining their quality, but watch out for fakes!

Source: https://simsvip.com/2018/02/06/breaking-sims-4-jungle-adventure-next-game-pack/

So the speculations were correct, it's a mini World Adventures pack. Thoughts?

Personally, I'm not exactly thrilled about it. However the statement about returning to something different has piqued my interest. Have they learned from TS3 and made things re-spawn?

4 hours ago, SPIRITHUNT3R said:

Interesting game pack :smile:  Looks like an Indiana Jones outing for everyone.... lol

I'll be keeping an eye on this one.... I do love a jungle adventure.  ;)

It would be interesting if these are the classic style of natives. Perhaps we can "bargain" with them if they don't like that we've taken their ancestors' treasures. :lol:

4 hours ago, TheWhite said:

Hmh, weird how we get the same kinda world we already have.

Not exactly, Outdoor Retreat's world is in a forest which is slightly different from a jungle. Also, it's more to do with tombs & relics instead of camping. The two packs could work very well together though!

3 minutes ago, TheWhite said:

it's still trees/forest. There's other landscapes aswell. I will get it anyway though.

Jungles are more dense. However it is just a bunch of trees and untouched land in the end. :tongue:

The theme itself is still very different architecture-wise. You don't typically find ancient ruins in the Californian wilderness, or spiders as big as you would find in the Amazon.

3 minutes ago, TheWhite said:

Oh the spiders and bees I'm excited about :smiley: Are they gonna chase the sims?!

I hope so! Maybe the spiders could actually be dangerous? It would be a nice change-up from the typical style of TS4 where there is hardly any consequences or danger.

2 hours ago, craftyplumbob said:

The Sims 4 Jungle Adventure

Take your Sims on a mysterious adventure into the wild and discover a new culture.

Explore a unique wilderness landscape, revealing a temple, jungle obstacles, cursed relics and treasures. Experience the culture and customs of Selvadorada, from devouring local eats to learning spicy new dance moves!

My eyes opened wide while reading this. I thought at first it said 'from devouring locals'.....  Cannibals!

21 minutes ago, landess said:

My eyes opened wide while reading this. I thought at first it said 'from devouring locals'.....  Cannibals!

"Local", as in the singular form. It's followed by the word "eats", so they are referring to actual food here. EA would never allow it anyway because it would bump the game's rating up for sure! Not to mention the outcry from the PC police that would occur. Too bad, a pretty fitting mechanic for this kind of setting. I'm sure someone could mod something like this, possibly!

1 hour ago, FauxFurry said:

I wonder if these natives have in their possession any mysterious stone masks and if Vladislaus Straud ever visited them before in the distant past.

There is definitely a supernatural element if the skeleton is anything to go by. I think I may actually be looking forward to a pack for the first time in a while! Only because I'm a classic Tomb Raider fan, so this is right up my alley. Haha!

7 hours ago, leeleej said:

All of these packs and we still dont have weather. It's super dissapointing

Have to agree with you here. I do wonder if there may be technical issues with this? The team has said before that they can't alter worlds after they've launched, but that was back in the GTW era.

In my opinion, weather should be a base game feature and not an after-thought.

On 2/7/2018 at 8:38 PM, FauxFurry said:

I personally will be disappointed if pets can't be taken along on adventures to serve as side-kicks or mascots and if they don't receive little adventure gear of their very own to wear.

That would be pretty cool! I don't own Cats & Dogs but that would still be cool to see them make things with previous packs in-mind. Though their track record for this isn't the best.

6 hours ago, Ruehz said:

Let's hope it's not as boring as the Laundry day stuff pack.

Fingers-crossed! Hopefully it's a very detailed pack, the Game Pack dev team has made my favorite packs for TS4 thus far. Expansions have been the biggest disappointments this iteration.

34 minutes ago, wild_guy said:

So I'm thinking why jungle?? We still don't have colleges, young sims could have lots of fun in playable college while using WickedWhims.

Modern EA is far more likely to pattern the colleges in the game after the likes of Evergreen or UC Berkley rather than Animal House if they think that even a single person will voice any any PR blemishing disapproval (which can't be used in turn to counter-attack the complainants).

Likely everything in the Sim College curriculum would be simplified to protests, lawsuits and gender-studies. No, not that kind of gender-studies. The boring kind, as in a strictly hands-off approach.

It might be tough to work Wicked Whims into that. Of course, I'd be interested in seeing TurboDriver try.

I was never a fan of TS3 World Adventure so I couldn't care less for that jungle adventure gamepack but one thing I need to say is that it's a bad timing for EA releasing a patch that adds multiple new black skintones and the next gamepack is an jungle adventure pack. 

I hope that's just an coincidence but I'll give them my benefit of the doubt

36 minutes ago, Buddy16 said:

I was never a fan of TS3 World Adventure so I couldn't care less for that jungle adventure gamepack but one thing I need to say is that it's a bad timing for EA releasing a patch that adds multiple new black skintones and the next gamepack is an jungle adventure pack. 

I hope that's just an coincidence but I'll give them my benefit of the doubt

Why is it bad timing? It could help make the travel destination more authentic, no? It takes place in a location where in the real world there are people with a variety of darker skin tones.

if you take it that way yes but it's the internet everyone and their mothers gets offended by the smallest things so one could say EA just released the black skins because black people live in the jungle in EAs opinion.

hence I say a bad timing because they could have released those skintones ages ago

27 minutes ago, Buddy16 said:

if you take it that way yes but it's the internet everyone and their mothers gets offended by the smallest things so one could say EA just released the black skins because black people live in the jungle in EAs opinion.

hence I say a bad timing because they could have released those skintones ages ago

It isn't really a point which the people in the Indignation Industry can contradict, though. Light skinned people or lighter furred/feathered creatures are selected out fairly quickly in jungles located near or below the Equator. 

2 hours ago, FauxFurry said:

It is the same basic concept but it is set in a jungle with an indigenous tribal community living nearby rather than being set in Egypt.

It's also different from China & Paris.

I noticed at 0:51 that there's a skeleton mopping the floor. Maybe Bonehilda is back? Albeit in a different form.

Archived