Brainstorming a sex-based perk/spell system

Asrienda

I'm a big fan of SexLab Leveling. I'd like to make a mod based loosely on it.

My plan is to create a new perk tree and a new "school" of spells, but I think I need more ideas, especially for spells.

Spell 1: Cum armor. This is directly based off of the SLL spell. Apply cum shader, increase armor and magic resistance. It costs arousal to use.

Spell 2: Fondle. Fondle yourself to convert 5 stamina into 1 arousal every second.

Spell 3: Orgasm. Force a target to orgasm immediately, which stuns them, causes a short ragdoll, and sets their arousal to zero. Costs arousal to use. Target must have a certain arousal level for this to work.

Spell 4: Seduce. Target has sex with you and then becomes a follower for a short time (is friendly, you can access their inventory, etc), then becomes neutral unless attacked (pacify). Costs a lot of arousal to use, target must have a certain arousal level for this to work.

Spell 5: Arouse. Channel to convert 1 arousal into 1 arousal on a target. Also stuns that target (perhaps with the fondle animation again).

Perk 1: Horny. Arousal naturally increases slightly faster. 5 levels. This is the root perk and connects to 2, 3, and 4.

Perk 2: Sadist. Dealing damage increases arousal. 

Perk 2a: Better seduction. Lowers the required amount of arousal on the target of your seduction spell. 3 levels.

Perk 2b: Better orgasm. Lowers the required amount of arousal on the target of your orgasm spell. 3 levels.

Perk 3: Masochist. Taking damage increases arousal.

Perk 3a: Better cum armor. Damage and magic resist are improved. 3 levels.

Perk 3b: Better arouse. Target gains more arousal per second. 3 levels.

Perk 4: Exhibitionist. Being naked increases arousal gain rate.

Perk 4a: Better fondle. You gain more arousal per second. 3 levels.

Perk 4b: ??. All abilities cost half as much arousal to use.

As you can kind of tell, the idea is to play with arousal as a resource, doing certain things increases it, then you spend it on spells. Plus, you lose all your arousal whenever you have sex, which is the only way to level up this skill. Right now, the gameplay looks like you Fondle out of combat to start any situation with 100 arousal and theoretically apply cum armor just before. Then you either orgasm them and kill them while they're stunned, or arouse -> orgasm to kill them, or arouse -> some kind of arousal management (passives, fondle, etc) -> seduce, then steal their stuff.

I'll either be setting it up via MCM or through the perk tree on what kind of sex triggers skill gains... vanilla, aggressive, and/or victim, and if it should be based on the sexual preferences of the player. For example, if you're playing a Domme Lesbian, having heterosexual sex of any kind or being a victim in a scene won't give you a level.

This will be intended to be used with SL Aroused of course, but it's also meant to be used with any other SL mod, the main interaction being the player wants to stay at high arousal but also wants to have sex to level perks, which resets arousal to zero.

Not fleshed out ideas that I'm also not 100% sold on:

Being naked increases speech temporarily... seems lazy sort of

Being naked grants "muffled"... makes sense I guess? Maybe include that with the above.

Death alternative perk where you get raped instead of dying... maybe just rely on Defeat for this though

More powerful/permanent seduce spell... probably overpowered

Spell that strips the target of weapons and armor... maybe overpowered? 

Perk that gives you a black soul gem whenever you have sex... maybe overpowered? But makes sense if you're a female character and you don't get pregnant.

Enchantments that do things? Not sure what they'd do.

Books and a trainer have to exist somewhere

Devious Devices... maybe implement a Bondage perk branch that gives you bonuses for wearing devices

I'm not married to any name or balance issue in my spell and perk list... for example, the perk hierarchy doesn't entirely make sense, but it kind of does, and having perks that effect specific spells isn't that interesting.

What do you guys think? Any ideas?

On 5.2.2018 at 11:04 AM, Asrienda said:

Not fleshed out ideas that I'm also not 100% sold on:

Being naked increases speech temporarily... seems lazy sort of 

Agree, and there are already mods for that. ;)

Being naked grants "muffled"... makes sense I guess? Maybe include that with the above.

Not sure what you mean by muffled, debuffs?

Death alternative perk where you get raped instead of dying... maybe just rely on Defeat for this though

Since it would definitly conflict with all other death alternative mods, i would at least say make the perk purely optional, not a requirement for anything else.

More powerful/permanent seduce spell... probably overpowered

Agree, so if you do... should be also purely optional if related to perks.

Spell that strips the target of weapons and armor... maybe overpowered? 

Shout like a Virgin has such a shout, dropping one item after another (armor only i think), that doesn't feel OP

Perk that gives you a black soul gem whenever you have sex... maybe overpowered? But makes sense if you're a female character and you don't get pregnant.

Agree once more, sounds OP. If optional... would do^^

Enchantments that do things? Not sure what they'd do.

Enchantments i could imagine is a buff to arousal. Like setting minimum arousal to 3-15? per enchanted item depending on skill, while 15 is with 100 skill and without potions.

Books and a trainer have to exist somewhere

Devious Devices... maybe implement a Bondage perk branch that gives you bonuses for wearing devices

It seems to me it makes a more or less constantly high arousal something you'd aim for, but i'd rather wish i could also get something from having low arousal. Maybe with a second perk tree and possibly different spells. My main point here is that several mods have negative effects for having high arousal (cursed loot especially), so probably i wouldn't use both at once although with spending arousal they might complement each other well.

The low-arousal way doesn't have to be equal on amount of options or even power, one obvious alternative perk for low arousal would be increasing the cum armor even more for low arousal, and ofc lowering arousal/time rate.

Another idea i have would rather be an ability that you can use once a day so it isn't too OP: Regenerate 20-100 arousal per second, lasts 10-20 (maybe with perk for improvement?) seconds, everything still alive after those 10 seconds will gangrape you and be hostile afterwards (eliminating seduction in case of doubt).

I was thinking this mod is balanced by mods that have negative effects for high arousal. You want high arousal so you can spend it as an alternative combat resource to Mana and Stamina, but you don't want too high arousal because of other mods. I don't remember if SLA Redux by default causes you to masturbate at 100 arousal, but if it doesn't, I'll probably implement that if you stay at 100 arousal for more than a couple of minutes or so, to keep your arousal bumping around.

I didn't realize you could make once a day spells, but that makes overpowered abilities more interesting!

Oh, muffled is a spell effect that makes you move silently. It helps with sneaking but isn't as good as invisibility.

For gameplay reasons, I'm considering moving the spells to shouts. As they don't cost mana, making them look like spells that cost mana doesn't seem right to me. 

Yes, possibly mods with penalties for high arousal might balance the mod and possibly the other way around since you can reduce it then. But using both my thoughts are like this:

I will just reduce/waste my arousal all the time, and i'll never have some if i'd actually need it.

I wouldn't use the perks to get more arousal either, that's what i want to avoid.

So... if this mod would also offer the other way around, passive skills to keep arousal low and active skills to increase arousal for times it's needed... i would really appretiate that. ;)

Ofc it's your mod, if it isn't what you want or consider worth the work, well... i guess the mod isn't for me.

Spells vs shouts: i'd rather prefer spells, but the main reason is that i can sort spells a bit and don't have to search that long what i want. On the other hand i usually have much less shouts, so... it's really only a slightly tendency.^^

If you add auto masturbate that would include a lot of other stuff and still beeing problematic because there is a chance that it breaks quest scenes regardless how many checks you add, if at all i would prefer it optional.

The imho better option maybe would be to start an idle animation for arousal 100 that looks like masturbating. ;)

Oh that's true. I had a mod a while ago that caused you to play an animation at high arousal and that definitely broke some quests.

Regarding arousal levels, the fondle spell is there to gain more arousal, so you can do that before combat if you have time to prepare.

One idea I'm lacking is any sort of destruction spell. Besides something like Deadly Drain.

I'm considering a passive that drains your arousal to give health if you're below 50% hp and maybe something similar with Magicka? Or maybe just a spell that masturbates to Regen hp/mp/stamina? That's already in SL Leveling, but I'm lifting a lot of ideas from that anyway.

If you wish to add spells to existing spell tree's, I can think of two spell right away:

Alteration: Glimpse

Increases the movement speed of the dragonborn,.. but also forces him/her to remain naked.

Alteration: Strip

Remove a random piece of clothing (better, temporarily equip a slot with an invisible item that has no stats)

Illusion: Seduction

A more powerful version of the calm spell (for creatures only). After a while the creature could also perhaps disappear (meaning that it can't attack even if the spell cools down). Only, there is also a good chance that the creature starts to like the dragonborn a bit too much and rape him/her.

Illusion: Urges

Another version of calm, but this time for humans., they will start to masturbate. As it does 1 damage, you can't use it on regular npc's and the opponent stays hostile. But it might be a good spell to use for crowd control. (fight only two opponents at the same time from a gang of four, as two others  are masturbating)

Illusion: Desperate urges

A stronger version of urges, where one opponent starts raping another opponent. Thus a better version of crowd control.

Of course, these spells could be integrated in your tree as well. Anyway, I hope you like these ideas.

I do like the idea of the Strip spell. Equipping an "empty" item is a great way to prevent re-dressing.

Glimpse is interesting, could be a passive actually.

Hm... ideas.

Anything you can think of that does actual damage?

I have an idea for more fighting abilities, but i'm not sure if it's easy to add:

Boobs boost: works like a powerattack from a warhammer but instantly. Costs something like 25 arousal + a perk point, that way it shouldn't be OP.

booties boost: Second perk point, causes all NPCs around you to ragdoll.

This doesn't sound like it would work well with your style of gameplay, but for me arousal has always been a burden for my characters. I created a custom spell that has my character masturbate, restoring health and magicka while also draining stamina and gaining a lot of arousal. A nice trade when you run out of potions, but can also lead to more trouble.

3 hours ago, BigOnes69 said:

For destruction spells you dont have to attack health only. Some form of knockdown or a stun. That would be specifically useful for dual wield characters or characters that bite and allow for more spells in that category.

Characters can bite?!

How about adding a perk that changes your character to make your mana mirror your arousal on a scale?

At 100 arousal you have 125% mana availability. At 0 arousal you have 50% mana availability.

Then to make it interesting, add arousal changes for various spells: self-cast spells add arousal but remove a small bit of time rate. Other spells do the opposite. (You never get exactly what you want...)

While you're in there, you could add arousal effects to different spells when cast on NPCs, too.

Now you can have a caster whose magic is all based on sex, even with vanilla spells to a degree.

Small update on the mod work itself, I found a thread on Reddit about a year ago where the Chesko tried to figure out uiextensions, specifically the listmenu that additemmenu uses.

https://reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/4cgv9h/no_documentation_for_uie/

I'm glad he found that experience as frustrating as I did, but after an hour of reading his trial and error added to my own, I finally got something working. As MCM is a bit annoying to use for anything but settings (set once and don't touch again), I now have a less intrusive way to deal with my new perk "tree". It won't be a tree after all, there will just be some requirements on some perks.

I'm working on hacking the list right now, as I can't find a way to make a list item that is purely informational... Everything is either an option or opens a sub list.

Oh maybe I'll use it as a sub menu itself, with a standard text plus horizontal menu for information and the choice to spend available points or to cancel out 

On 2/9/2018 at 10:56 AM, Asrienda said:

Characters can bite?!

I think its just a part of better vampires. But yes you can bite as a vampire. That would be a good mod. Call it Poison Fang. Characters with fangs could add some poison ability that would increase damage with level up. Backfire could also be added and decrease with level up. Beast characters could be included.

3 hours ago, BigOnes69 said:

I think its just a part of better vampires. But yes you can bite as a vampire. That would be a good mod. Call it Poison Fang. Characters with fangs could add some poison ability that would increase damage with level up. Backfire could also be added and decrease with level up. Beast characters could be included.

Oh forgot about vampires. I can't even remember the last time I played one, that requires someone sleeping right?

20 hours ago, Asrienda said:

Oh forgot about vampires. I can't even remember the last time I played one, that requires someone sleeping right?

No you can bite in combat. Sneaking and frontal. The damage is not that high. Sometimes it gives you the option of drink or bite. With a stun spell and poison fang it would make for interesting combo.

So right now my main problem is I can't compile scripts with SexLab nor SexLab Aroused. Even without those dependencies I can add/subtract arousal, but I can't get arousal nor can I get when SexLab orgasms happen. Oh, I'm writing this in SE, but it can work in LE too.

So I have a working fondle spell that lets you gain arousal for stamina cost and a cum armor spell that costs arousal and grants armor and magic resist. I have a prototype leveling menu system, and I have around increase while riding a horse. Im in the process of making a stun spell, but I cant integrate an actual SexLab orgasm, only simulate it via sound, shader, and setting their arousal to zero.

I think adding in some offense oriented abilities related to stamina and magika drain would be a fairly inclusive way to go.  It seems like a great deal of the other abilities are oriented towards control type effects such as stun, making the idea of being able to sap an opponents abilities feel a bit more appropriate for Destruction based spells/abilities.  You could also make damage spells that reduce health/armor/magica/stamina based on the targets arousal.

Have you considered adding in some form of ritual that could be completed for extra oomph?  I'm thinking along the lines of standing stone style effects that can augment you other abilities through performing certain acts or visiting certain sites in the world.  As an example you could have the Ritual of the Masochist involving a Zaz whipping scene that grants increased arousal gains through taking damage.

Hm, hadn't thought of rituals, but that does seem very "shout like a virgin". I wasn't planning on incorporating any gods or rituals into this, but maybe I could with Molag Bol as the dominant / sadist patron and Dibella as the submissive / masochist patron. And siding with one or the other grants certain abilities.

I know being a sadist and bring a dom or being a masochist and being a sub aren't always tied together, but they often are and sort of fit the lore. 

I would go with Mephala if you go with Gods.  She is the Daedric Prince of sex after all.  I was thinking of rituals being similar to standing stones in that you can gain 1 benefit at a time from them that last until you perform another ritual.  Also they do not need to be tied to a deity if you do decide that that is the way to go.

Archived