Zaz Animation Pack V8.0 plus

Here is the test mod for lockable Zaz devices. They key is craftable at the forge, keep in mind it is a misc item rather than an actual key, so you can drop it if you want.

- Most metal items will lock. You cannot remove these from yourself or an NPC without the key

- You cannot remove any Zaz item if your hands are bound with a Zaz item (even rope)

- When bound, you can ask friendly NPCs (relationshiprank >= 1) to help you.

This is a first try! It works fine on my setup but I want to find out about issues on others. It uses (as usual :) ) nasty trickery to achieve what it does, so who knows...

ZazLockedDevices.7z

9 minutes ago, Musje said:

Here is the test mod for lockable Zaz devices. They key is craftable at the forge, keep in mind it is a misc item rather than an actual key, so you can drop it if you want.

- Most metal items will lock. You cannot remove these from yourself or an NPC without the key

- You cannot remove any Zaz item if your hands are bound with a Zaz item (even rope)

This is a first try! It works fine on my setup but I want to find out about issues on others. It uses (as usual :) ) nasty trickery to achieve what it does, so who knows...

ZazLockedDevices.7z

-ggg-i´m very much curious how this is reacting on the pack....all thumbs up and.....;-))

THANK YOU !!!!

20 hours ago, Musje said:

ZazLockedDevices.7z

:classic_smile:

That functions are working perfectly smooth, a perfect step ahead locking/unlocking (my personal impression)....nothing feels bad so far...of course i have a huge amount of new items, who are not in dialogue-but it´s mechanic is very pretty made with lot of care !!! -the called back animation is smooth and very nice re-"locking"-this is absolutly suiting to zap !!! ->100% lucky with it.

-i have a problem with my bannered mare-I can´t load that cell (I get CTD)-this has nothing to do with your mod/or zap-it´s something, what I could not solve tonight-maybe I have a BAD nif-file ...inside of that cell...if I load a game inside there, it works, but entering is not possible...I´ll check that out tomorrow:-)) 

The above problem is solved: WITHOUT ENB-I PLAYED WITH TOO HIGH SKIN RESOLUTION !!!!!!!!! So the bannered mare mod was not loading into the RAM.

(I had some black txtures on loading the game beside-I played with 64K-skin !!!!!

p.s. i thought about, to put also zap in future into a *.bsa-file: this way is offering a quick installation and a comfortable handling of that huge data-file(s).

Hi, T.ara! May I say a wish? ^^ I think, all of us will be happy to find in V.9.0. more... wooden horses! Different horses. Paired horses. Horses with chains, with metal things, more such perfect "toys" ^^ Even "walking on the rope" things. Long ropes, with knots... For example, a rope ring around main square of this new castle with several persons "walking" on it. :)

On 11/20/2018 at 7:42 AM, Psalam said:
  Reveal hidden contents

As for me I REALLY wish that someone would figure out a workaround for the limit on animations which is the REAL basis for this issue. It is NOT T.ara, and it is NOT the DD team that is "at fault." Ultimately it is the limit of Bugthesda's engine. 

This! 

Wow, this mod is quite amazing. I'm astonished.

...however, I have to say, which mods actually make usage of these? I have used several DD-related mods and have never seen 95% of these props being used anywhere. I'm not dissing on the mod if it looks that way, I'm genuinely curious and was wondering if any mods actually feature these devices.

9 hours ago, Elenve said:

Hi, T.ara! May I say a wish? ^^ I think, all of us will be happy to find in V.9.0. more... wooden horses! Different horses. Paired horses. Horses with chains, with metal things, more such perfect "toys" ^^ Even "walking on the rope" things. Long ropes, with knots... For example, a rope ring around main square of this new castle with several persons "walking" on it. :)

I second that. At least the part with the horses ?. Also t.ara, if I understand right, you have found a way to make chains always have the desired lenght to fit the ceiling?!!? In my opinion that would be very good use with the wooden ponys as well . Often times I just did not use them because them flying in the air with their chains ending in the middle of the room is not really immersive. Whatever you do I am looking forward to the next release. Can't wait! ?

7 minutes ago, Sh3 said:

I second that. At least the part with the horses ?. Also t.ara, if I understand right, you have found a way to make chains always have the desired lenght to fit the ceiling?!!? In my opinion that would be very good use with the wooden ponys as well . Often times I just did not use them because them flying in the air with their chains ending in the middle of the room is not really immersive. Whatever you do I am looking forward to the next release. Can't wait! ?

No, the chains -specially in the case, if they are HDT supported, can´t be lengthen to your specially ceiling demands, not perfect, if the end knob is more higher, than the ceiling-so you see the middle end moving with a diffuse radius run around the ceiling like clipping...

You have to find it´s correct place of heigth and if the ceiling is higher, you have to add stairs and platforms to suit with the heigth of the furniture.

I can prepare some versions, that have different heights for some known and common cell-situations, but if the chain will hang more down, the victim has more freedom for moving - the struggling on toes will not suit herewith then anymore. I also can work on different chain-length, but this is also means to have changes with the havok-path and also changes on the mesh. I´m pretty sure that this hasn´t been the last chain-to-ceiling/wall item and you can pretty much be sure of different new versions in the next time here. This sort of furniture is quite the technically most difficult, but otherwise, the most kinky stuff, that can be created so far:-))

About the horses, I was not sure to bring also again new versions so far-yesterday I had that in mind but horses are for outside-use not too much common-this devices are more useable inside the torture-rooms and this theme is coming also soon, connected with a CASTLE-set...then I´ll correct the original horse to suit with the xpsme skeleton and it´s collision for a better exit. And maybe I can exchange it´s animation, because the arm-shoulder connections are mostly looking not well.

Such a horse will come in style of the "noble-bed-wood", suiting with lot of other stuff, which can be used together inside a torture chamber. Those textures can also be exchanged, but the "noble-wood-texture" can´t be used to exchange other textures !!! I also decides to bring a palette of torture devices, like the hand crusher, stuff for different body-parts and some very "ugly" stuff, that has been used in the past. This may be a pleasure for the sadists (which is maybe inside all of us), but otherwise I think it´s not bad to show, what has been going on during the past history of human being. And it is to me also an artistic challenge, to build it all up for a gameplay use.

So if you let the pack a little more time, you maybe will get an all surrounding themed-item-stuff, for mostly all demands. At the moment, the pack is NOT ready for a release-really not-I have lot of stuff, which is NOT ready and lot of artefacts, which have to be deleted again (because they did not work how I wanted them to have)...lot of textures crapped up in the past and I have to redesign lot of stuff because of this..very pity-yes, and I would be very thankful for a suiting NIF-exporter for skyrim / 3dsmax (version no. would be not important!!) (which is now useless on bethesda´s computers)...but I have to figure out every single stuff by nifscope in detail-and some data is NOT showing up in nifscope-or is hidden inside of the very complicated root-system-it´s our difficult deal with modding so far !!!-That´s, why we all need time.

10 hours ago, Elenve said:

Hi,

what do you mean with walking on the rope???

Ahh - I guess I made something like that in the past-the blade-walking...a long blade (like a horse) and the victim is walking forward and backward and has this blade between the legs....same construction, but with rope so far?...

Yes, I can keep that in mind and I can try to create it with rope again-the blade has been very much "ugly" to be a furniture-a rope-construction may look more better...but-I remember about a SAW-BLADE of the wood-mill....maybe I can use that blade inside of a sadistic-furniture-this together with a rope version could maybe suit to your ideas.

I also will build up a rocking-horse for children (like the swing) and for "grown-ups"...in that case, we do get also some few items for children ´s toying-gameplay (of course this is NON BDSM !!!) -is there btw. a KEYWORD, so that children ONLY use a furniture???

If you have some different designs of that horses in mind, you can post maybe some pics...

14 hours ago, Musje said:

ZazLockedDevices.7z

@Musje

If this works properly, and is that simple, you're a genius.  Just WHY has no one done it before!  ?

Before I try it, tho', may I ask

1 - is this like 'Display Model', in that you have to have, or have had, the 'key/token/ring' device in your inventory, before the locking process/friendly dialogue works

2 - DMM only requires a 'one time' possession - you don't need it after that, as the dialogues continue.  So, just to be quite clear I understand your mechanics properly, while I understand that you can 'drop' your 'item/key', once dropped, can you

a - unlock anything your character wears?

b - unlock anything another NPC wears?

c - have a dialogue with another NPC to free you?

Also,

d - does the key item merely need to be held in inventory, or does it require to be 'equipped'?

e - if 'equipped' can it be knocked away in combat? 

Reason for asking d) and e) is that those options could be useful together for any combat mods applying ZAZ restraints, as it could make them unlockable by the player, especially if pick up were then prohibited - might need 2 keys/tokens etc - one in inventory for NPC dialogue to free you, and one equipped that covered the player/other NPC worn restraints

Might be better as a separate mod, to allow for updates/plug in mod changes.  Think about Simple Slavery as a pattern.  Then wouldn't be dependent on ZAP updates, and it might work before I die  :P

TIA for any help you can provide on these

And again, great work.  If it turns out to be like HSH and AYGAS, it will be great

41 minutes ago, donkeywho said:

@Musje

If this works properly, and is that simple, you're a genius.  Just WHY has no one done it before!  ?

Before I try it, tho', may I ask

1 - is this like 'Display Model', in that you have to have, or have had, the 'key/token/ring' device in your inventory, before the locking process/friendly dialogue works

No.  If you put on a device on yourself or an NPC without having they key, the device still locks (automatically). Currently there's no message like in DD but that is easy to change.

The dialogue will be active when your hands are tied by a Zaz item, no other items required.

2 - DMM only requires a 'one time' possession - you don't need it after that, as the dialogues continue.  So, just to be quite clear I understand your mechanics properly, while I understand that you can 'drop' your 'item/key', once dropped, can you

a - unlock anything your character wears?

No, you need the key. And if your hands are tied you cannot remove any device even if you have the key. Keep in mind you can still equip / unequip non Zaz items. Though that may change :)

b - unlock anything another NPC wears?

No,

c - have a dialogue with another NPC to free you?

Yes. If your hands are tied with rope, they will free you. But if the device requires a key and you (or they) don't have it, they will just tell you they can't open the device.

d - does the key item merely need to be held in inventory, or does it require to be 'equipped'?

Only needs to be in inventory

e - if 'equipped' can it be knocked away in combat? 

Nope. There's no combat while tied. Unfortunately there's also no "bound combat" like DD has, if you are yoked or tied you can still kick things, which is hilarious to watch :)

Reason for asking d) and e) is that those options could be useful together for any combat mods applying ZAZ restraints, as it could make them unlockable by the player, especially if pick up were then prohibited - might need 2 keys/tokens etc - one in inventory for NPC dialogue to free you, and one equipped that covered the player/other NPC worn restraints

Do you mean that a combat mod would apply Zaz items that the player cannot unlock even with the device key?

Maybe it's possible: if a mod equips the player with a device (it would have to be through a Zaz function call), they could specify a different key, or specify no key but allowing NPCs to still free you.  It is hard though... devices go through a weird lifecycle when being equiped, from existing only as a count to existing as an instantiated item to not exisitng at all somehow ? That is why the key is hard coded into the device class (the "form" in Skryim speak), and not in the device object (the "object reference"), because the reference changes and goes to null during the equiping and during attempts to unequip, and you lose state info like the key type during that transfer if not hardcoded into the form.

Still it's a pretty good use case, I'll see if it can be done.

Might be better as a separate mod, to allow for updates/plug in mod changes.  Think about Simple Slavery as a pattern.  Then wouldn't be dependent on ZAP updates, and it might work before I die  :P

I think it's best integrated in ZAP, but in a way that other mods can hook into.  Makign it a separate mod makes it harder for other modders who have to add another dependency.

52 minutes ago, Musje said:

No.  If you put on a device on yourself or an NPC without having they key, the device still locks (automatically). Currently there's no message like in DD but that is easy to change.

The dialogue will be active when your hands are tied by a Zaz item, no other items required.

No, you need the key.

No,

Yes. If your hands are tied with rope, they will free you. But if the device requires a key and you (or they) don't have it, they will just tell you they can't open the device.

Nope. There's no combat while tied. Unfortunately there's also no "bound combat" like DD has, if you are yoked or tied you can still kick things, which is hilarious to watch :)

Do you mean that a combat mod would apply Zaz items that the player cannot unlock even with the device key?

Maybe it's possible: if a mod equips the player with a device (it would have to be through a Zaz function call), they could specify a different key, or specify no key but allowing NPCs to still free you.  It is hard though... devices go through a weird lifecycle when being equiped, from existing only as a count to existing as an instantiated item to not exisitng at all somehow ? That is why the key is hard coded into the device class (the "form" in Skryim speak), and not in the device object (the "object reference"), because the reference changes and goes to null during the equiping and during attempts to unequip, and you lose state info like the key type during that transfer if not hardcoded into the form.

I think it's best integrated in ZAP, but in a way that other mods can hook into.  Makign it a separate mod makes it harder for other modders who have to add another dependency.

IF the now existing mechanic would work more light without the info: "you can´t get rid of the device"- which is showing up in the display, I´d let that exactly away-the gamer is quickly understanding, that s/he´s tied and that the restraints have permanently now locked...(only my thought if it takes resources somehow...)

I would not: "fakey switch off"  the add item menu or the load/save game option...(I´d let this always untouched and this spares maybe papyrus power)

I wrote you a p.m. with some "logical" dependencies , which maybe should be helpful for some next steps...you don´t need to check so much slots and zap is always checking slots on every npc and the player-(which can be setted also in MCM)....maybe this info canbe used from the framework itself;-))

The furnitures can get another script-add-on for re-equipping the items, which have been set before entering the furniture (and this can come independly from the locking of furnitures)....particulary the new scripts re-equip the old locked items, which are also used inside of those furnitures, which have different items, but used on same slots like the incoming victim had...after those furnitures have been used, the old items and the animation is holding on perfectly...the slave gets a restraints-change during the furniture and after that, the slave gets back the old devices-PERFECT...now we need this for all other furnitures, who do NOT use those items...can be done with a virtual "equipped everything-item on the all used restraint-during the furniture-use-slots"...and the script will exchange this virtual used stuff with the ones, which came before the victim enters the furniture...

All the irons, which need a smithing, I´d maybe only let unlock at a smith...

We can also think about, that doors can´t be opened anymore, if the character is with bound hands backside....frontside I´d allow....(if this is complicated, I´d leave it backwards, to another date in future maybe)...(this idea is VERY MUCH OPTIONAL and should be switchable by MCM)

Roped hands in front I could animate, to open a knot by using the mouth-if the mouth is gaged, this item is only possible to open by a helper-lot of condutions are here between gag and rope in front....gag alone should always be able to be put off....gag and hands on backside-> helper always needed....

"Struggling free",  I´d NOT intergrate-only in that case, if musje has a cute workaround/idea-we have struggling in zap for the armbinder and YOKE...but it´s not realistic/ideal imo...it never was (not the animation, but the process to get rid of an armbinder or Yoke by struggling!)

Ankle ropes and leg ropes: as long hands are free and in front, I´d say you can remove leg ropes and lately free the front ropes by using the mouth to untie the knot of crossed hands and similar (own new animation maybe)...hands on backside-you can get rid of no restraints, in that case.

I have also alternative iron restraint for some, which I made in the past, with a nice iron shining, HQ like the darbies...and massive smithing restraints I can add also, and leg-chains with balls-maybe I can build up HDT items....i guess that it´s problem-free to design them...those irons I´d let unlock also by the blacksmith only (or I put a lock onto them)...

We also need a water -collision workaround somehow (later)...we can let the character swim and put the restraint off the character...or we try to DON´T allow the character to activate the swimming animation-which will be cusious looking but let the character into offset and "run under water"-or we let the character die as soon, the character touches water-here is a solution necessary....maybe the first sollution is the most near one to existing functions...or ZAP has to "redefine" skyrim water from the origin....

I put so much thoughts here together, so that you can melt the things all together, befor you step ahead...if we have a more global overview, we maybe surround errors or prevent unecessary ways, which could be solved maybe more easy by combination and conditioning, which seems to be the best choices: we should always try to use a script only for just called function or use existing ones, which do run all the time, caused by the framework(s).

omg-hope you can understand what I wanted to say

19 minutes ago, t.ara said:

[stuff]

That's more or less clear. I will start documenting things.

By the way the messages like "you can't remove this with your hands tied" or a message that the device is now locked, they do not require much (or any) processing power. It makes things clear for the player, but maybe they should be optional with an MCM setting. Some players might prefer not to have them for immersion reasons.

ZAP already has a mechanism for disallowing certain things when bound. I think we should be careful with making this too restricted, or maybe add a "hardcore" option in the MCM. But it'll be easy to change the mechanism that's already there.

55 minutes ago, Musje said:

No, you need the key. And if your hands are tied you cannot remove any device even if you have the key. Keep in mind you can still equip / unequip non Zaz items. Though that may change :)

No,

@Musje

Thank you for the very prompt, clear, and encouraging (!), reply.  A few thoughts

1 - I like the idea of automatic locking.  Sounds great

2 - I like the idea of restraint application on combat defeat - it opens up a whole new field of opportunities

3 - I get the idea of the release dialogue (ie untie) after addition of rope restraints.  However I couldn't quite work out how the player gets a key after auto lock of manacles etc.  Can you craft them when manacled?  Can NPCs unlock you after that?

4 - I don't pretend to understand all t.ara wrote, but the gist of it just convinces even me more that your mechanism SHOULD be a separate addition - like Huge Reckum's Helper mod - or we might be (please forgive me for the very bad pun) 'locked into' t.ara's idea of what are the 'right' and the 'wrong' styles of gameplay.  My recollections are that in the past he hasn't been too keen/bothered about functional BDSM play, and was more concerned about asset creation and optics - and don't get me wrong, he is really really good at that.  But there is a risk of losing out on gameplay options if your mechanism were to get hard code bolted into what is and has always been, after all, really an asset and related animation Framework.

Just my tuppence worth 

TIA for any thoughts on the queries 

PS - I LIKE DD's bound combat !  It might look odd, but it does keep gameplay flowing and gives you another chance to beat the challenges mods throw at you

:-)

22 minutes ago, donkeywho said:

@Musje

2 - I like the idea of restraint application on combat defeat - it opens up a whole new field of opportunities

This needs to be supported, but it really is the domain of a separate mod I think.

3 - I get the idea of the release dialogue (ie untie) after addition of rope restraints.  However I couldn't quite work out how the player gets a key after auto lock of manacles etc.  Can you craft them when manacled?  Can NPCs unlock you after that?

You can (currently) craft them while chained. Being tied up doesn't restrict you all that much. After that an NPC can fish the key our of your pockeet and unlock you.

Maybe we make it more restrictive. And I will certainly add the option to go to a blacksmith to remove the devices without a key (breaking them in the process)

4 - I don't pretend to understand all t.ara wrote, but the gist of it just convinces even me more that your mechanism SHOULD be a separate addition - like Huge Reckum's Helper mod - or we might be (please forgive me for the very bad pun) 'locked into' t.ara's idea of what are the 'right' and the 'wrong' styles of gameplay.  My recollections are that in the past he hasn't been too keen/bothered about functional BDSM play, and was more concerned about asset creation and optics - and don't get me wrong, he is really really good at that.  But there is a risk of losing out on gameplay options if your mechanism were to get hard code bolted into what is and has always been, after all, really an asset and related animation Framework.

This is always a difficult decision. It depends on how closely the locking stuff has to be integrated with the Zaz mod, and also to what extent the mechanism is only a framework, or constitutes a gameplay mechanic. At the moment we want to have it as a usable framework that other modders can build upon, with a minimum of actual gameplay (dialogues).

The advantage of integrating it in Zaz is that modders will have no choice but to take it into account. If you make it a separate mod, then one mod has it as a requirement, breaking another mod that doesn't account for the locking mechanism. That is something we really want to avoid.

Just my tuppence worth 

TIA for any thoughts on the queries 

PS - I LIKE DD's bound combat !  It might look odd, but it does keep gameplay flowing and gives you another chance to beat the challenges mods throw at you

I hope we can add something like bound combat: kicking, headbutts, etc. But that's really something for phase 2 :)

MUSJE is working into ZAP and I´m very happy with this.

Those added mechanics are related to weared items,

which do cause offset-animations and their functions during and after the furniture use, 

their communication with furnitures.

The locking-mechanics we want to have switchable (MCM)-the offset-to furniture-relations

can be always CHANGED by Creation-Kit, by deleting/adding the suiting script,

but I would not do that, because they will spare lot of work inside of quest-mods.

With this options is ZAP 9 also in future compatible with existing material, even in that case,

if the furniture is re-equipping the weared items or restraits. 

We can solve a "high-heel problem" same way. And if a furniture can use High-Heels,

we set a "mark" into the script-propertie´s "bool-window", before or after you placed your furniture,

for example this works at a simple bondage-pole.

If the furniture can´t use heels, the heels will be pulled off and later you get them back:-)

This is a chance, to use the framework with quest-mods more easy.

With those additions, everybody can use furnitures with beloved items, let incoming items

to be dropped or let ZAP work how it is been made in version 6-7-8-8+.....no problem.

This comes as ADD ON-parts, no fixed "pressure"-but,

I guess it will become soon a "MUST HAVE" and  WANTED feature!!

@Musje @t.ara

I appreciate very much your both taking the time to reply and clarify things a bit further.  I take Musje's point about minimising dependencies as being prob the most important at the moment

I'm still not certain what you mean, t.ara, but if Musje's doing the locking up mechanisms for restraints and furniture, and setting the conditions under which those will work, and they are planned to work something along the lines of how she describes for the restraints ones, if they then work as well as what she included in her HSH/AYGAS mods - eg her HDT chains implementation is great - then that will be fine

Thanks again

5 minutes ago, donkeywho said:

@Musje @t.ara

I appreciate very much your both taking the time to reply and clarify things a bit further.  I take Musje's point about minimising dependencies as being prob the most important at the moment

I'm still not certain what you mean, t.ara, but if Musje's doing the locking up mechanisms for restraints and furniture, and setting the conditions under which those will work, and they are planned to work something along the lines of how she describes for the restraints ones, if they then work as well as what she included in her HSH/AYGAS mods - eg her HDT chains implementation is great - then that will be fine

Thanks again

Best thing is to just download the test mod and try it out :)