New Shoes

Frankfranky

They have taken me .... sigh I stopped counting the hours/days, but I have made Ankle Boots. Completely new meshes every vert gently massaged and encouraged into place. They ended up kinda high poly .... I forgot about the transition from quads to tris, but whatever. They work in game, NIO heels, the lot. Now I just have to texture them and then mb, if you guys like them, I will share them with you all

shoesdone.png

Ty. I will share. But first they need textures. I am thinking suede, but then I am thinking a rough burgundy. I am thinking a Christian Louboutin red sole ... See how it goes. If I can't come up with something I like in the next few days mb I will put them up untextured with the UV template and you guys can make your own? I will have a go first. That blue and baby puke yellow have to go.

I will have to play some more tomorrow. Just thought I would leave a very quick texture here, because it isn't stupid blue and baby puke yellow. You will have to use your imagination for the cube maps and non-strangely grey blacks, and NIO that is mb .1 higher ... and stuff. If I don't get to bed soon I will be exilled to the couch for the next week. But I think they show real promise :smiley:

shoetexture.png

6 hours ago, Vortec said:

Are yours CBBE or what body are they?.

They have a UNP foot in them at the moment. Well, foot is a bit of an exageration, call it a UNP ankle cuff. When I am done making textures I will put up a CBBE version and a UNP version so there is no ankle gap/texture weirdness. I hate gaps. If there are other bodies that have different ankle widths or use different texture maps,  firstly stop using bodies that have different ankle widths. I mean why???? How much difference could that tiny variation make to the look of your character ... utter foolishness .... , and secondly, post the _0 and _1 nifs of your feet here and mb I will make extras that fit your ankles too. (if you ask nicely)

In case anyone is interested in the progress, I have a couple of diffuse maps I am starting to like. Proper normal maps, cube maps, shader trickery ... still a WIP, but I am getting there. So far I have a black and a brown. I think I like the brown a little better. I am thinking I will release 3 pairs. Prob the brown and black, and a pair with blank textures, all set up ready to go so if anyone likes, they can just drop textures into the placeholders and have their own thing.

shoeblack.png

shoebrown.png

Got a front view? Kinda curious as to the proportions. Whenver I see shoe/heel mods for skyrim it's either a flat yay or nay for me personally as some of them out there are always incredibly disproprotionate when considering human feet. (Thin long shoes that make you think the author either likes stick feet or has never looked at feet before)

sigh .. there are just muiltiple issues. I am such a modelling noob. The UV mapping is .... awful. There are bits/all of it that are just needlessly OTT high poly, the laces are too skinny, that is just the first 3 on the list. I have a page....  So I am just going to stop, go back about 20 versions in max and start fixing things.

But I said I would upload something so here it is. tbh I think most of you won't even notice all the things that are bugging me. Some of you will be mortally offended by them of course. Some of you need to get laid tho .. just sayin. They work. I still think they look pretty good. You will need Heel Sound installed https://www.loverslab.com/topic/44487-heels-sound/ and NIO. They are fitted for UNP. If you really want a CBBE version of these, now, leave a note.

There will be a better version in a few days or so. Please don't upload it anywhere else.

AnkleBoots.7z

40 minutes ago, Frankfranky said:

sigh .. there are just muiltiple issues. I am such a modelling noob. The UV mapping is .... awful. There are bits/all of it that are just needlessly OTT high poly, the laces are too skinny, that is just the first 3 on the list. I have a page....  So I am just going to stop, go back about 20 versions in max and start fixing things.

But I said I would upload something so here it is. tbh I think most of you won't even notice all the things that are bugging me. Some of you will be mortally offended by them of course. Some of you need to get laid tho .. just sayin. They work. I still think they look pretty good. You will need Heel Sound installed https://www.loverslab.com/topic/44487-heels-sound/ and NIO. They are fitted for UNP. If you really want a CBBE version of these, now, leave a note.

There will be a better version in a few days or so. Please don't upload it anywhere else.

AnkleBoots.7z

Thanks! And will be waiting for the update.

12 minutes ago, Vortec said:

Shoes have nice proportion, very hard to make believable looking Heels. Keep up the good work. :smile:

ty. that is kind.

If you try them out in game and see something that is wrong, pls leave me a note. More experienced eyes, even just more eyes would be a help.

ty for the pic and the nice comment. They are a really different colour in your game. Much more golden than I intended. I will have to test the next version in my game without my super bleak enb. mb I like the laces being a bit more delicate than I had originally planned. They don't look odd in your pic. I would say the person who made the comment about them being too skinny doesn't know what she is talking about, except she is sitting right next to me and ... ... she is always right about everything, always .... and stuff.

On 2/2/2018 at 12:42 AM, Frankfranky said:

ty for the pic and the nice comment. They are a really different colour in your game. Much more golden than I intended. I will have to test the next version in my game without my super bleak enb. mb I like the laces being a bit more delicate than I had originally planned. They don't look odd in your pic. I would say the person who made the comment about them being too skinny doesn't know what she is talking about, except she is sitting right next to me and ... ... she is always right about everything, always .... and stuff.

They'll always vary from person to person due to the many ENBS and game setups out there.

Back in business. omg that was .....   nm back in business. The low-carb poly diet wasn't quite as effective as I had hoped, but 10k poly's less is still 10k poly's less. There are new shoelaces, perfectly mapped new shoelaces, so now they can have strands spiralling down them (just in case you need to zoom in super close and take screenshots of ... shoelaces ... shut up, it is very important ... #shoelacelivesmatter) .... aside from that, unless you load the old meshes and the new ones into max or blender, you prob won't see any difference. But they are much better. You will just have to trust me. I hope there will be a new version available today.

Ty to all the people who have sent me such nice messages. I am very flattered. I will have a new version up within the hour. CBBE and UNP with 3 pairs of shoes. Brown, Black, and because there seems to be a lot of interest in doing a personal retexture, an untextured pair with blank placeholder textures. I will put the UV template in the textures folder. That should make life easier. Ty for all your kind words.

Here you go guys. Are they finished? Kinda. I want to tweak and play, try new shader settings, I want a pair with a kinda lacey body (I saw this amazing pic I want to try to make) and .... stuff. But that could take weeks. So please accept this in the meantime. I hope you like them. I like them. All of my spare time, for ages, in them.

If you look in the textures folder you will see a 2k and 4k UV template. NB this is a substantially different map to the version I uploaded a week ago, so make sure you replace the meshes. The custom.dds and custom_n.dds are the blank texture placeholders. In game they are Ankle Bootie Brown, Black, and Custom. (I had already used ankle boots in an earlier .esp version, so they are booties). As before you will need Heel Sound https://www.loverslab.com/topic/44487-heels-sound/  and NIO.

If you try them in your game and there are issues, please let me know, with pictures if applicable. We have enough broken things in our games. I would rather not add to it.

You are free to use them as you please. I would ask that if you use my meshes or textures you give me credit for them, but let's face it, I am hardly going to hunt you down and go to war if you don't.

Edit : UNP is fixed. I haven't checked the CBBE. I will do it later today.

Edit2 : Sorry, I am a slacker. I forgot about my CBBE brothers. Here is the fixed version.

Have fun.

shoe3pairs.png

AnkleBootsUNP.7z

AnkleBootsCBBE.7z

idk. If I replace the textures in the custom with the textures from the black, they work as intended, It seems there is a problem in some of the BSLightingShaders. I tested them in the Aether Suite and they worked fine. This was clearly a mistake. The problem is when they are in the proper game..... I will track it down ... ..... FUCK.

sorry.

Archived