Which Mod Manager Do You Use?

a8411

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Cynical Misanthrope said:

so many mod manager faggots in here ...

Superb instant effects can be achieved by using semi-advanced seedlings of annual flowers (mods) such as lobelia, marigolds, pansies and primulas, which are all low-growing and suitable for containers (mod managers).

Sorry I could not resist making an observation regarding the content of your comment ... and I will not dwell on the rest that made me laugh. No offense mean. :classic_biggrin:

9 minutes ago, Fifoo said:

Superb instant effects can be achieved by using semi-advanced seedlings of annual flowers (mods) such as lobelia, marigolds, pansies and primulas, which are all low-growing and suitable for containers (mod managers).

Sorry I could not resist making an observation regarding the content of your comment ... and I will not dwell on the rest that made me laugh. No offense mean. :classic_biggrin:

Lol, no worries. My whole comment were pretty lame to begin with. Your comment made me laugh as well. Quite clever too.

Spoiler

Still, the Oblivion/Skyrim Launcher is the best. #FACTS

1 hour ago, Cynical Misanthrope said:

Lol, no worries. My whole comment were pretty lame to begin with. Your comment made me laugh as well. Quite clever too.

Reveal hidden contents

Still, the Oblivion/Skyrim Launcher is the best. #FACTS

Not so lame altogether, Lol. Oblivion/Skyrim Launcher is the best for those who know the subject perfectly well, or at least whoever wants to have the patience to be interested in it, and it is not within the reach of everyone.

For Skyrim LE, NMM 0.56.1 -- I don't like how recent versions handle fomod files. The disadvantage is that I can't use it for SE (which I've been slowly moving towards -- drawing up a mod list and downloading files). For SE, I thought I would try Vortex but I guess distribution for it is limited? I came across TesModManager - does anyone have any experience with it or feedback?

41 minutes ago, Neko91 said:

For Skyrim LE, NMM 0.56.1 -- I don't like how recent versions handle fomod files. The disadvantage is that I can't use it for SE (which I've been slowly moving towards -- drawing up a mod list and downloading files). For SE, I thought I would try Vortex but I guess distribution for it is limited? I came across TesModManager - does anyone have any experience with it or feedback?

Vortex is in public alpha at the moment https://www.nexusmods.com/site/mods/1

56 minutes ago, Uncle64 said:

Vortex is for me flushed down the toilet. Did try it and it was not that good at all. It was more or less one big upgrade on NMM and have its old issues.

Personally I'm going to wait until they get Vortex a bit more ready before I judge it.

5 hours ago, LazyBoot said:

Personally I'm going to wait until they get Vortex a bit more ready before I judge it.

In 2018 I won't waste my precious spare time with that. But I set my alarm clock to wake me around christmas. I'll intend to have a look at it then.

The development setting, the goal and the background are promise enough for me. It simply needs time to reach maturity. I'll give it that.

TES3 - Morrowind : Wrye Mash (Polemos fork)
TES4 - Oblivion : Wrye Bash (I will probably give MO/MO2 a try in the future, but am not in a hurry because of all the issues I got on FNV. Besides, I love WB)
TES5 - Skyrim LE : Mod Organizer 1 (in the process of switching to MO2)
FNV : Mod Organizer 1 (I have had issues with MO2, so I rolled back to MO1. Wrye Flash is a very good choice too.)
FO4 : Mod Organizer 2

Vortex has been a disappointment so far.

• 2 weeks later...

little late reply to this thread but I used Mod Organizer it is amazing to me, what with the multiple profiles that you can have for different kinds of play through's that you want to have.

I have never used Nexus Mod Manager so I don't even know if it has profiles like Mod Organizer has or not

4 hours ago, Hiderius said:

I have never used Nexus Mod Manager so I don't even know if it has profiles like Mod Organizer has or not

It has profiles but some versions made after the NMM 0.63.6 release had switching profile issues. The patch 0.63.12 - a community fixes release, resolved the issue. I don't know much about how well the actual version of NMM work with profiles as I switched to MO since I upgraded to a different OS version some years ago but here you can have more info about the topic if you want:

Links adressing the profile issue:

profiles on NMM

nmm profiles not working?

Links for NMM version release notes:

NMM 0.63.14 Latest version release notes

NMM 0.63.+ and 0.64.+ - important info, help, tips & tricks  <= technical support thread by Elf Prince

• 2 weeks later...

Oblivion - OBMM (although I haven't played in years)

FO3 - FOMM (again, haven't played in years)

FNV - FOMM the first three playthroughs, MO now

Skyrim - MO

FO4 - MO2 (Put 14 hours to it and unless FO4 gets something really good I won't come back to it)

SSE - MO2 (Only 11 hours so far, but I think I'll stick with SSE and give Oldrim some rest)

• 1 month later...

NMM. It has it flaws, but compared to that the mod organizer is a piece of inferior shit.

The setup from this mod organizer DOES NOT WORK. Imagine that. Just imagine it: A program, that tries to install things correctly ... cannot be intalled with it's own windows installer.  That, my friends, is a new level of incompetence. Abyss sized incompetence.

After installing the "thing" manually, the fucking IMPORT from the NMM mod list failed. The very first mod could not be imported. It could not read the .7z file .... deemed it "corrupted" .. a perfectly fine 7z file ... Incredible. ... The imbeciles failed at importing a mod list from their most important competion, by failing to read a 7z file! After that, I simple gave up.

I am not able to trust them to install any kind of mod correct and precise.

On 4.4.2018 at 12:02 AM, ZeroWalker said:

I use NMM becuse it´s simple for a stupid person like to me to understand. Wrye Bash Just seams way to damn complicated. 

I use Wrye bash only, to make my bashed patch. That is absolute necessary. It's pretty easy, if you use it only for that.  Otherwise I use NMM, too. And sometimes, I am installing some mods manually, to be sure, they go there I want them to go. :smiley:

• 1 month later...

Used nmm 0.61.4 so far... Was able to handle it relatively well despite being somewhat of a newbie. now it seems that it can't connect with the server anymore. I wan't to keep my modlibrary unchanged if possible. (so no re-installing of mods, as I'm close to 200 mods by now) )Any pointers whether I should migrate to Vortex or MO2 in that situation? Any ideas what the next stable modding tool is going to be?

Archived