18 hours ago, Crooltool said:

I cannot clone a raider using the new system, says the workshop script is missing creates a male raider corpse next to the body of the raider I attempted to clone. checked FO4edit and nothing is overriding abductionlite.esp. I'm not using UniqueNPCs. Here is my loadorder, hopefully, someone can help me with the offending mod so I know what to make a patch for.

Reveal hidden contents

If you're using Better Console it's possible to click stuff in game and see what mod last edited it. I had that problem too and checking the corpse showed Scrap Everything as the source. Believe the changes it makes to make dead scrappable overwrites the workshopnpc-script but as long as it's loaded before AbductionLite it shouldn't be a problem anymore.

As for the other problems I'm nearly ready to start testing a big rewrite which I hope should resolve most of them. The mod will have two ways to handle targets.

Unique NPCs with the workshopscript  - No clone, the original is abducted

+ Scripts, quests or packages that may offer extra functionality like doctor services are kept and may keep working

+ Can have their face changed

- Scripts, quests or packages that may cause "behavioural problems" may be present

- Anything relying on them doing what they're supposed to will most likely no longer work

- Nearly no NPCs short of companions and a few vendors will be capturable this way without editing them

Everyone else with or without the workshopscript - Copied with a new improved clone function

+ The original is untouched

+ No esp or NPCs edits needed

+ Clone is guaranteed to actually work

+ No scripts, quests or packages that can cause "behavioural problems" are duplicated

- No scripts, quests or packages that may offer extra functionality like doctor services are kept

- The face is inherited and cannot be edited

The base mod will have no NPCs included and will only use the second mode short of the few exceptions mentioned above. For anyone who just wants to capture randomly spawns like raiders or uniques without messing the original up this is the way to go.

In case someone wants to go the extra mile and say abduct Cricket to set up shop in a settlement edits and an esp will be required like before though.

Finally as requested abduction is now triggered when the collar is put in the target inventory rather than equipped enabling reverse-pickpocketing badness

On 1/28/2018 at 1:15 PM, LazyGirl said:

If you're using Better Console it's possible to click stuff in game and see what mod last edited it. I had that problem too and checking the corpse showed Scrap Everything as the source. Believe the changes it makes to make dead scrappable overwrites the workshopnpc-script but as long as it's loaded before AbductionLite it shouldn't be a problem anymore.

As for the other problems I'm nearly ready to start testing a big rewrite which I hope should resolve most of them. The mod will have two ways to handle targets.

Unique NPCs with the workshopscript  - No clone, the original is abducted

+ Scripts, quests or packages that may offer extra functionality like doctor services are kept and may keep working

+ Can have their face changed

- Scripts, quests or packages that may cause "behavioural problems" may be present

- Anything relying on them doing what they're supposed to will most likely no longer work

- Nearly no NPCs short of companions and a few vendors will be capturable this way without editing them

Everyone else with or without the workshopscript - Copied with a new improved clone function

+ The original is untouched

+ No esp or NPCs edits needed

+ Clone is guaranteed to actually work

+ No scripts, quests or packages that can cause "behavioural problems" are duplicated

- No scripts, quests or packages that may offer extra functionality like doctor services are kept

- The face is inherited and cannot be edited

The base mod will have no NPCs included and will only use the second mode short of the few exceptions mentioned above. For anyone who just wants to capture randomly spawns like raiders or uniques without messing the original up this is the way to go.

In case someone wants to go the extra mile and say abduct Cricket to set up shop in a settlement edits and an esp will be required like before though.

Finally as requested abduction is now triggered when the collar is put in the target inventory rather than equipped enabling reverse-pickpocketing badness

Sounds great! Thank you for your mods. Ive played with the original Abduction mod for a long time, but the problem with trying to make settlers out of some of the abductees has been troublesome.

Another mod allows you to build synth copies of scanned NPCs. Problem is that if the original NPC dies, your synth copy becomes invisible. Do you anticipate a problem with that in the cloning function of this mod?

On 1/28/2018 at 1:15 PM, LazyGirl said:

Moved Scrap Everything to above Abductionlite and that didn't work, removed SE and cleaned the save,still didn't work, and unfortunately Better Console hasn't been updated to the latest F4SE. As soon as it is, I'll check again. If I abduct without cloning, it works fine with the exception of Carla and abductees duking it out, have had some success using the console to remove the raider faction from my raider abuctees but its a pain.  Basically its like when I use new clone, it doesn't add the workscript to the clone, as for it changing the gender of the clone to male when I clone, it actually changes it to the opposite, tested on a male raider and it created a female corpse instead of a male.

On 1/26/2018 at 7:18 AM, yanqui99 said:

Unfortunately I have to report that the abducted recruits are totally antisocial.  They not only fight with Carla but also fight settlers.  Even if they don't do this at first, if I come back to a settlement later, the ex-raiders will be fighting with the original Cambridge 5. 

Some of them are worse than others. Scavengers are such a hassle I gave up abducting them. Rust Devils can also be a problem. Raiders and Gunners not so much.  If you're having problems, but want to keep the character, try the console command "removefromallfactions". This works best in connection with "addtofaction 0001c21c 1" which makes the NPC an ally of your own personal faction. 

I haven't had much time to playtest so I'll upload this here in case anyone wants to take a look around. It's a version with only the clone mode (see no-workshopnpc features/limitations above). Hopefully I'll have some free time this weekend to review the code again so any feedback before that would be greatly appreciated. It's not compatible with the previous version since the system and npcs are different.

As for if/how to update to it from a game that had it I haven't tested that but recommend anyone trying it to do a "clean save" (disable mod, save with it disabled) and then run FallrimTools to clean the AbductionLite scripts. NPCs already caught won't/shouldn't be deleted or stop working but they'll be outside the monitor system so outfits and behaviour won't be monitored. On the other hand you can just reabduct them as clones I suppose.

Besides that there are some misc tweaks

• Mod no longer requires any DLC
  • The abduction collar have been replaced with a non-dlc asset, a "dna sequencer" but works practically the same - just put it in someone's inventory
  • All NPC will have the name Slave due to how the clone method works. I have not tested renaming mods. If anyone have a better name suggestion feel free to share or just edit the clone NPC to have it yourself in CK or FO4Edit
  • Since the original isn't touched the knockout framework and violate support to revive/release are no longer needed and removed
  • The update system have been rewritten to use events instead rather than a loop that goes through everyone individually, things should be much quicker now
  • As before NPCs will have their voiced switched out to enable radiant quests and vendor functions NPC but they'll now also have it switched back, temporarily, to their default one whenever they enter combat to enable faction specific trashtalking
  • A "Set Home" function have been added, when used a popup will be shown to send the first registered NPC somewhere after which ALL registered NPCs will have their home set to the same one making for quick relocations
  • An "Auto hide" toggle have been added that offers extended hiding of the perk activators in combat
  • The "Edit outfit" now offers the option to keep the current outfit and add more stuff to it. Items are equipped from first added to last so if two pieces of clothing for the same slots or weapons are in the list only the last will be worn
  • Quick menu now includes an option for inventory management plus a CloneCopy function in case you want more copies of the same NPC
  • Besides appearance editing gender-bending is also removed, won't work with this type for NPCs. For Unique NPCs you can edit their appearance before abduction and the clone should inherit it too
  • A few select random encounter vendor factions are copied from the original but don't count on it working. Only tested with Doc Anderson and Eleanor since I generally grab them in all games

[EDIT] Attached test file removed, official release is out

19 hours ago, Faustling said:

Some of them are worse than others. Scavengers are such a hassle I gave up abducting them. Rust Devils can also be a problem. Raiders and Gunners not so much.  If you're having problems, but want to keep the character, try the console command "removefromallfactions". This works best in connection with "addtofaction 0001c21c 1" which makes the NPC an ally of your own personal faction. 

You know, I was wondering if there were some console commands that I could try.  Thanks for this note, I'll try out it.  Maybe even make a bat file with these two lines to execute on captured prisoners.

Scavengers being extra troublesome is likely due to their faction being used in random encounters where they get "territorial". While not immediately hostile they'll attack if the player or (another NPC) gets too close. If something triggers a reset/revert after abduction this faction will be added again and turn not only them aggressive but anyone who the game considers their friend too since they're set to assist each other.

There's actually a RemoveFromAllFactions function already added in the mod, its run as a "nuke it from orbit" thing if the select faction checker/stripper fails. The check is run whenever the game is loaded on everyone, individually when the NPC model is loaded and anytime the player initiates a global or individual maintenance run.

The next time an someone turns hostile I suggest trying the "tdetect" console command to make all NPCs blind. Then run the individual maintenance thing on them, type "tdetect" again and see if that helps. If they go hostile immediately when the game loads making this hard to accomplish without casualties it's possible to activate this already at the main menu making it a very handy tool for troubleshooting.

I also recommend checking out the papyrus log if there's problems, there's fairly extensive information being put there including if the factioncheck is failing or not. 

I am sorry to say that the new version is not working properly for me: I can no longer assign the slaves to any jobs in a settlement.

For example the Vanilla Guard Post: After assigning the slave to the Guard Post the slave goes there and gets in "guarding-position" for a second, then just goes back to just standing around without a job

(Also the Vault-Boy Icon who indicates that someone is assigned to work here never goes green)

1 hour ago, zimozeim said:

I am sorry to say that the new version is not working properly for me: I can no longer assign the slaves to any jobs in a settlement.

For example the Vanilla Guard Post: After assigning the slave to the Guard Post the slave goes there and gets in "guarding-position" for a second, then just goes back to just standing around without a job

(Also the Vault-Boy Icon who indicates that someone is assigned to work here never goes green)

First make sure they're actually assigned to the settlement and you haven't hit the charisma cap to send any more there. The assignment option in the quick menu is safer for this since it'll bypass that check.

Second verify they got the workshopnpc script and its status. Click the NPC with console open and type "sv", this list everything running on them. If the workshopnpc-script isn't there that's the problem.

If it's there it'll also show the ID for the workshop they're assigned to with the WorkshopID param, if it reads -1 they're unassigned. There's also a "state" var on that script that'll be set to the same (unassigned) if that's the case. To figure out what ID the settlement you're in have click pretty much anything in it and look for the same WorkshopID variable.

Did you start a new game or install the mod over the previous version btw?

15 hours ago, Lodakai said:

Wow what an update!!!   One of the biggest things bothering me was all the changes I had to make to npc's for compatibility.   Removing this was a tremendous milestone... great work and keep it up Lazygirl!

Thanks, hope things run more smoothly now. Haven't decided yet I'll scrap the workshopnpc-edits entirely or keep it in some small optional form. It's the only feasible way to abduct the custom vendors and I kinda miss not having Cricket's sales chatter and services in my main settlement.

23 hours ago, LazyGirl said:

First make sure they're actually assigned to the settlement and you haven't hit the charisma cap to send any more there. The assignment option in the quick menu is safer for this since it'll bypass that check.

Second verify they got the workshopnpc script and its status. Click the NPC with console open and type "sv", this list everything running on them. If the workshopnpc-script isn't there that's the problem.

If it's there it'll also show the ID for the workshop they're assigned to with the WorkshopID param, if it reads -1 they're unassigned. There's also a "state" var on that script that'll be set to the same (unassigned) if that's the case. To figure out what ID the settlement you're in have click pretty much anything in it and look for the same WorkshopID variable.

Did you start a new game or install the mod over the previous version btw?

That did the trick, Thank you very much.

But I also noticed another thing that looks strange to me:

when I install version 0.20.1 on a clean save, the message with "AbductionLite initializing...." appears, but after this nothing. Also there is no message for Maintenance.

Cloning people, assigning them and also summoning works (with message appearing).

I already tried reinstalling, but it stays the same.

Arent those maintenance messages supposed to show up?

1 hour ago, zimozeim said:

That did the trick, Thank you very much.

But I also noticed another thing that looks strange to me:

when I install version 0.20.1 on a clean save, the message with "AbductionLite initializing...." appears, but after this nothing. Also there is no message for Maintenance.

Cloning people, assigning them and also summoning works (with message appearing).

I already tried reinstalling, but it stays the same.

Arent those maintenance messages supposed to show up?

That's normal. I've removed a couple of messages to cut down on the spam and there's no real risk interacting with a NPC in maintenance anymore. Everything and more is still available in the papyrus log though for anyone that wants to see what's happening behind the scenes or troubleshoot.

59 minutes ago, LazyGirl said:

That's normal. I've removed a couple of messages to cut down on the spam and there's no real risk interacting with a NPC in maintenance anymore. Everything and more is still available in the papyrus log though for anyone that wants to see what's happening behind the scenes or troubleshoot.

Ah, okay. Glad everything is working as it is supposed to be.

Thank you very much!

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't had time to test all the functions properly like the outfit stuff , though eager to try them I really don't know because I don't even know what they do, but so far im loving this mod's base feature, also that Summon all option came in way too handy when I tried to send settlers to a settlement they previously didn't want to go to for some reason, now they stick around :smile:

I had a weird bug the mod randomly stopped working, :(, I can't enslave new poeple anymore because when I try to trade with them they will just say huh? or stuff like that..

Everyone else works fine but new people I try to abduct wont work :((

EDIT: Yup nvm, they all stopped working cause I can't assign them to anywhere anymore, any fix for this? :frown:

6 hours ago, HyprSora_ said:

I had a weird bug the mod randomly stopped working, :(, I can't enslave new poeple anymore because when I try to trade with them they will just say huh? or stuff like that..

Everyone else works fine but new people I try to abduct wont work :((

EDIT: Yup nvm, they all stopped working cause I can't assign them to anywhere anymore, any fix for this? :frown:

What do you mean by can't assign? Does the settlement list refuse to show completely or are the locations greyed out/blocked?

If it's the latter it's because they're full and can't accept any more due to charisma limits (10 + one settler for each point). I believe the "set home" option in the quick menu should circumvent this but there may be some limit still I haven't hit, had like 40-44 NPCs in my main settlement without issues though.

On 2/21/2018 at 6:21 AM, LazyGirl said:

What do you mean by can't assign? Does the settlement list refuse to show completely or are the locations greyed out/blocked?

If it's the latter it's because they're full and can't accept any more due to charisma limits (10 + one settler for each point). I believe the "set home" option in the quick menu should circumvent this but there may be some limit still I haven't hit, had like 40-44 NPCs in my main settlement without issues though.

I meant I couldn't re-assign my previously abducted and assigned (To resources) settlers when the save got ''corrupted'' (I would say) I think the last one I converted and sent to the settlement was Desdemona, they were still in my settlement roaming around and I could trade and they still sell stuff but I just cant re assign them , move them to another settlement, and I can't create new clones because every clone I create now its broken and wont trade with me.

I had no issues either previously though, it all began as soon as I transformed desdemona, sent her to a conquest settlement (by tping her via the mcm menu) and when I tried to abduct another settler, bam, it was bugged, then all began.

Edit: im trying now on a new save file though, noticed even though I created a new game the bug was still there, no newly created settlers would trade, so I disabled plug in, saved, opened the save with Re-saver (Fallrim tools), removed the unattached instances it created (I compared with the save that still had AbductionLIte.esp enabled) leaving the ones that were not related alone, am about to test furhter to see if I can recruit normally again.

EDIT#2: It's working now on the new save, didn't try on the previous one, but I assume it would work but all the settlers would be gone, Im assuming it was just a script thread that got stuck mid play through for some reason and that caused the whole script to freeze and not work anymore.

Just wanted to post here so you were aware of this :smile: Thanks for the help!

I am really liking the mod so far as it is great for live "decorations" for my raider outposts. But i have a question, How does the edit outfit system thingy work?? I can't figure out how to set a certain outfit for the cloned slaves to spawn in. Is their something i am missing? I Wanted cloned slaves to spawn in wearing tattered rags, a shock collar, and wasteland slave wrist shackles. In the mcm it says something about edit outfits but i cant figure out how this specific system works. Any ideas? Either way great mod.

16 hours ago, HyprSora_ said:

I meant I couldn't re-assign my previously abducted and assigned (To resources) settlers when the save got ''corrupted'' (I would say) I think the last one I converted and sent to the settlement was Desdemona, they were still in my settlement roaming around and I could trade and they still sell stuff but I just cant re assign them , move them to another settlement, and I can't create new clones because every clone I create now its broken and wont trade with me.

I had no issues either previously though, it all began as soon as I transformed desdemona, sent her to a conquest settlement (by tping her via the mcm menu) and when I tried to abduct another settler, bam, it was bugged, then all began.

Edit: im trying now on a new save file though, noticed even though I created a new game the bug was still there, no newly created settlers would trade, so I disabled plug in, saved, opened the save with Re-saver (Fallrim tools), removed the unattached instances it created (I compared with the save that still had AbductionLIte.esp enabled) leaving the ones that were not related alone, am about to test furhter to see if I can recruit normally again.

EDIT#2: It's working now on the new save, didn't try on the previous one, but I assume it would work but all the settlers would be gone, Im assuming it was just a script thread that got stuck mid play through for some reason and that caused the whole script to freeze and not work anymore.

Just wanted to post here so you were aware of this :smile: Thanks for the help!

Hmm that's really strange. Mod doesn't store anything that could transfer between separate games so the bug shouldn't tag along like that. You're not using Win10 right?

Anyhow, if it happens again it would help if you could catch the occurrence with papyrus logging enabled and send me the file.

Oh and I think the NPCs should remain in the old save just as long as the AbductionLite.esp is loaded. It contains the template they're cloned from even with the scripts cleaned they should still be around. Unmanaged though since the NPCs registry will be reset.

6 hours ago, seanguy68 said:

I am really liking the mod so far as it is great for live "decorations" for my raider outposts. But i have a question, How does the edit outfit system thingy work?? I can't figure out how to set a certain outfit for the cloned slaves to spawn in. Is their something i am missing? I Wanted cloned slaves to spawn in wearing tattered rags, a shock collar, and wasteland slave wrist shackles. In the mcm it says something about edit outfits but i cant figure out how this specific system works. Any ideas? Either way great mod.

* Enable "Edit outfit"

* Equip the items you want the clones to wear

* If you change your mind just unequip the item again to remove it from the outfit

* Once satisfied with the look disable "Edit Outfit"

Now whenever the "Enable Outfit" option is on it'll be applied to NPCs on cloning plus whenever they're loaded by the game.

There may be issues with genderlocked items (I think?) but reliable and efficient outfit management is a bit of a field of expertise of its own so I went with the simplest solution.

5 hours ago, LazyGirl said:

Hmm that's really strange. Mod doesn't store anything that could transfer between separate games so the bug shouldn't tag along like that. You're not using Win10 right?

Anyhow, if it happens again it would help if you could catch the occurrence with papyrus logging enabled and send me the file.

Oh and I think the NPCs should remain in the old save just as long as the AbductionLite.esp is loaded. It contains the template they're cloned from even with the scripts cleaned they should still be around. Unmanaged though since the NPCs registry will be reset.

* Enable "Edit outfit"

* Equip the items you want the clones to wear

* If you change your mind just unequip the item again to remove it from the outfit

* Once satisfied with the look disable "Edit Outfit"

Now whenever the "Enable Outfit" option is on it'll be applied to NPCs on cloning plus whenever they're loaded by the game.

There may be issues with genderlocked items (I think?) but reliable and efficient outfit management is a bit of a field of expertise of its own so I went with the simplest solution.

Thank you for the quick response. It worked, Time for my raider slaves to keep their mouths shut and their body's exposed.

Things to note now that I've finally gotten a chance to play with the mod.

First off: It mostly works well. I'm loving the hell out of it, please keep up the excellent work!

Second: Works well when paired with knockout framework. Rubber bullet+raider= slave, like it or not.

I did run into the following problems (well, they were problems to me anyway, not sure if that's how it's supposed to work. A.) The cloned person (two raiders so far.) won't let me interact with them. I can't access any dialogue other than the radius triggered stuff. No inventory, no ability to assign them to a settlement. Got around that by using MCM to set the home settlement and would settle for sending them there THEN off to where ever I would need them. B.) they don't move once cloned. They just kinda stand around and do nothing. Once at a settlement they wander around and I can assign them to stuff and it seems to work. C.) I used the MCM option to summon all unassigned and crashed to desktop.

I do have quite a few mods working, but the noteable ones which edit actors are: "unique NPC's", knockout framework, better settlers, cbbe, NPC's travel (dunno if that one actually changes any actor though.), we are the minutemen (again, not sure if it changes actors.). The rest is power armors, clothes, weapons and items. I suppose any of those could be causing a conflict unintentionally though.

Edit: apparently, setting the home, then waiting an hour will make them all show up there like they should. My one rust devil, however is entirely invisible. When I put clothes on her, she pulls a hollow man. Kinda funny, so I used her as the provisioner to the settlement. Went to make more abduction marker... things, and the game CTD'ed on me.

12 hours ago, Wonko486 said:

Things to note now that I've finally gotten a chance to play with the mod.

First off: It mostly works well. I'm loving the hell out of it, please keep up the excellent work!

Second: Works well when paired with knockout framework. Rubber bullet+raider= slave, like it or not.

I did run into the following problems (well, they were problems to me anyway, not sure if that's how it's supposed to work. A.) The cloned person (two raiders so far.) won't let me interact with them. I can't access any dialogue other than the radius triggered stuff. No inventory, no ability to assign them to a settlement. Got around that by using MCM to set the home settlement and would settle for sending them there THEN off to where ever I would need them. B.) they don't move once cloned. They just kinda stand around and do nothing. Once at a settlement they wander around and I can assign them to stuff and it seems to work. C.) I used the MCM option to summon all unassigned and crashed to desktop.

I do have quite a few mods working, but the noteable ones which edit actors are: "unique NPC's", knockout framework, better settlers, cbbe, NPC's travel (dunno if that one actually changes any actor though.), we are the minutemen (again, not sure if it changes actors.). The rest is power armors, clothes, weapons and items. I suppose any of those could be causing a conflict unintentionally though.

Edit: apparently, setting the home, then waiting an hour will make them all show up there like they should. My one rust devil, however is entirely invisible. When I put clothes on her, she pulls a hollow man. Kinda funny, so I used her as the provisioner to the settlement. Went to make more abduction marker... things, and the game CTD'ed on me.

You should still be able to use the quickmenu on them provided the perk is active and initiate a trade from there, does it not show?

As for the NPC not being shown and the CTD when trying load the abduction sequencer suggests the template clone NPC and crafting data can't be loaded and something more fundamental than a bug or mod conflict. 
For example, there's a known issue with Win10 (or software/settings commonly used with it) where mods with the word "Abduction" in them are partially or completely blocked. I haven't had these types of problems myself so haven't had the chance to look into a proper fix but there are some general things to try:

* Verift the clones have the necessary script running on them by clicking them with console open and type "sv", there should be a "_MODAbductionLiteCloneScript" and "WorkshopNpcScript" listed

* Reinstall the mod

* Rename the esp

* Test the mod in an unmodded new save (I use this one for a quick start)

* Enable papyrus logging, play a couple of minutes with the issue triggering and then attach the log here so I can take a look