[Stellaris] The Bed and Breakfast Mod {Version .41} Now 2.0 Compatable

Onimonipea

There really was no reason. This is my first modding experience and all of it is really become a laundry list of "Whelp i'm a dope for forgetting that as well" and that just goes right on the pile. When I hammer out the Slave Mine and Live Feed bugs I'll throw it up on the dl section.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, just went through this mod today. (as well as several others)

at first I was confused why the slave mines weren't showing up in my build list.

browsed through your files for a bit, turns out you were only missing a single close '}' at/near the end of the 'milker_5' building, which caused a problem that extended all the way into the slave mine buildings.

this means that all the buildings between those 2 places probably won't work (all the brothels, live feed, and the initial mines)

after fixing the bracket issue, the only remaining thing (that I could immediately see) is that you had 'mineral = ' on all of your mine resource production code.

in other words, they were all only missing an 's'.

ex: 'minerals = 6'

so yeah, only those 2 issues.

in the meantime, I'm enjoying this mod. keep up the good work.

:smile:

4 hours ago, shiroseigi said:

at first I was confused why the slave mines weren't showing up in my build list.

browsed through your files for a bit, turns out you were only missing a single close '}' at/near the end of the 'milker_5' building, which caused a problem that extended all the way into the slave mine buildings.

this means that all the buildings between those 2 places probably won't work (all the brothels, live feed, and the initial mines)

after fixing the bracket issue, the only remaining thing (that I could immediately see) is that you had 'mineral = ' on all of your mine resource production code.

thanks mate for these fixes

10 hours ago, shiroseigi said:

Jesus Tapdancing Christ I was just going to flat out rewrite the whole damned thing. And the Live Feed building too. You are a life saver my dude. Having some CPU trouble at the moment, but as soon as i have access i'll add it to OP.

EDIT: Had a laptop, fixed it and added to OP

That is because they don't have the "s" in minerals in their entries in the mod. If you want to correct it yourself go to the mod folder, usually under \Documents\Paradox Interactive\Stellaris\mod. Then look for the building file in \bnb\common\buildings and open it in notepad or notepad+. Then look for the set of entries for buildings that give minerals and put in an 's' at the end of mineral for each entry.

Things are working better now, but I'm having an issue with the Betharian plant not being able to be constructed no matter what i do and the Alien pets building doesn't even show up as build able. I have the required technologies but still cannot construct them. I have the required government building as well unless i need an Empire-Capital Complex or something.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, first off with that new update coming down the road this mod going to be broken... however on the flip side, the new system they will be implementing sounds like it actually be better for the ideas in this mod... going to be interesting to see what happens 

• 3 months later...

An update? Probably not, from the looks of it i'll have to rewrite the mod from scratch due to both the gameplay changes and the coding changes. Right now the update is in flux due to the upcoming patch that should hopefully fix most of the outstanding issues with the patch. After that, i'll probably jump on seeing how best to implement BnB.

On 12/12/2018 at 6:39 PM, Onimonipea said:

An update? Probably not, from the looks of it i'll have to rewrite the mod from scratch due to both the gameplay changes and the coding changes. Right now the update is in flux due to the upcoming patch that should hopefully fix most of the outstanding issues with the patch. After that, i'll probably jump on seeing how best to implement BnB.

Implementing Building that produce custom jobs that produce custom resources is supposed to be pretty easy in this patch, so good luck.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived