[FONV] CBBE - Bodyslide port alpha - UPDATE 18 mar 2018

On 7/7/2018 at 9:43 PM, YaBoiSkinnyP123 said:

(I made this account just for this mod oops but) I managed to get everything working after an hour of me being an idiot but my weapon and the Pip-Boy are invisible, would that have anything to do with the Pip-Boy being a modded one (Pip-Boy 2500) and the weapon being a modded one?

Edit: Vanilla weapons are invisible too, I tried with a varmint rifle and it was invisible as well. And with the Pip-Boy the menu is visible but the buttons to switch between Items, Data, and Stats are gone along with the Pip-Boy itself so I'm currently stuck in the Items section.

On 7/8/2018 at 5:20 PM, Acies33 said:

I don't think CBBE has anything to do with that issue. Uninstall CBBE and see if you still have the problem.

I have such a problem occurs in the form of a first-person, with "The Skeleton Beta 02  apr 2018".

Spoiler

1965295264_2018-07-18_20-53-40(2).thumb.png.8c793d1524b8924012e269db22ea3f08.png1612853894_2018-07-18_20-54-28(2).thumb.png.505a54f1e406d32b276ddfe254417b71.png

On 7/16/2018 at 6:25 PM, A.J. said:

It creates nif armor replacers for vanilla armors, so you just need to remove those (inside \meshes\armor)

it didnt work like that for me not sure why but i ended up having to remove everything and start over

1 hour ago, xberwolf said:

it didnt work like that for me not sure why but i ended up having to remove everything and start over

Are you telling me that Ousnious recently changed how Bodyslide and Outfit Studio work? care to tell me the details of how his program works now?

I have such a problem occurs in the form of a first-person, with "The Skeleton Beta 02  apr 2018"

Thanks for the precise head up, this would explain why I couldn't reproduce the issue (I never use pipboy and I always use a personal version of skeleton). I'll take a look to it next weekend.

13 hours ago, A.J. said:

Thanks for the precise head up, this would explain why I couldn't reproduce the issue (I never use pipboy and I always use a personal version of skeleton). I'll take a look to it next weekend.

It's not just about pipboy. The second image is a hand. I have a gun in my hand, but I can't see it.

7 hours ago, huhuhuhuhu said:

the bottom half of my character is just shooting into the distance like when you use a bnb outfit without the skeleton, but I have the skeleton and everything

You have a BnB skeleton which is not AppleJam skeleton, you should install that one because lowerbody uses special weights that are not present in other skeletons.

15 hours ago, A.J. said:

You have a BnB skeleton which is not AppleJam skeleton, you should install that one because lowerbody uses special weights that are not present in other skeletons.

I always install the BnB skelly and animations first. Then install AJ's AppleJam skeleton and CBBE for BodySlide. That way you get BnB with CBBE.:D

Did another conversion. A really detailed conversion for Caesar's armor that I added lots of zaps and made it look sexy. Tested it in game and ctd.:grimace:

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2018 at 1:39 PM, Cayde Albatross said:

so I made the model & selected the proper bone mesh in settings like stated, but every time I remove my armor on my female char, the bones get all fucked upas if the mesh is broken plz help

First of all, I would try to rebuild the naked body. If it doesn't solve, please post a picture so we can see the issue in game.

I only recently discovered this project (what can I say? I revisit the game about once a year) and it's almost mindbending seeing this technology in a game like NV.  Although NV did get a couple of incredible bodies in the form of 6M and (my favorite) 3F, it has always frustrated me that my final vanilla set has been a combination of Type3, 6M, BnB etc. since armor ports to each were always sporadic, didn't necessarily support BNB, and were generally taken in inventive directions, such as varying degrees of skimpiness.  The default BnB set, for example... I like the skimpiness but don't like how every outfit looks frumpy because of the excessive breathing room left around what was already an excessively voluptuous body.

Anyway, since I'm lazy, I'm just going to ask before doing my own research: Given that some (most?) of the vanilla armor hasn't been ported to this system yet, what can one expect to happen if a player makes use of this but then puts on armor whose mesh is non-CBBE?  I mean, I suppose it is obvious that what will happen is the body texture will be out of whack.  But maybe I'm mistaken on this.  Basically I'm trying to gauge whether or not I can make use of this system in my new playthrough, when I have plans to wear every armor I come across at least once.  And obviously since there is no dynamic vanilla armor replacing mod for NV like there is for Skyrim, anything that goes for the player also goes for NPCs.

Exactly, the body texture will be misplaced, similar to what you can see in other games too, due to the fact that CBBE uses its own UV map for the textures.

A dinamic armor replacer is possible, it was used in both DoA and CotW. I think noone has ever made something more "generic" due to the general lack of interest.

Yeah.  So basically this effort will come into its own once a full vanilla set exists, and until then, what it's primarily good for is cases where the player knows exactly what they'll be wearing -- custom armor, exclusively.  Good enough for most people, especially if one is beyond actually playing the game proper.  A complete armor replacing mod (a la Skyrim) would be a nice interim step for making the most out of this project in its most current iteration.

Maybe in a year's time, when I no doubt return to NV once more, it'll all be done and a person would be a complete fool for using anything else.

1 hour ago, Fredas said:

Yeah.  So basically this effort will come into its own once a full vanilla set exists, and until then, what it's primarily good for is cases where the player knows exactly what they'll be wearing -- custom armor, exclusively.  Good enough for most people, especially if one is beyond actually playing the game proper.  A complete armor replacing mod (a la Skyrim) would be a nice interim step for making the most out of this project in its most current iteration.

Maybe in a year's time, when I no doubt return to NV once more, it'll all be done and a person would be a complete fool for using anything else.

I have converted BnB using the CBBE-NV slider set as a reference (pictured in the middle). Since this is of the Type 3 family of bodies, all clothing and armor will look the same as it normally did. The advantage- of course- is that now I can convert any piece of clothing/armor I want and then separate the mesh into parts, zap parts I don't want, add parts from other outfits, everything you can do in Skyrim or FO4 except no morphs. Right now I am taking the coveralls from DLC04 of FO3 and converting it. Then I will zap the parts I don't want- making it slooty. Not only that, but, you can change the textures for any mesh as I showed on the first page in this thread.

If I can get the permissions, I will use a Type 3 body as a reference to convert all the vanilla armor/clothing that is possible. That way people will still get to use their favorite FNV/FO3 textures and shape the body and stuff however they like, but, not have to worry about anything not converted looking fucked up. Just think of all the new armor/clothing that is coming with the release of New California in Sept.:cool:

Screenshot (128).png

2 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

If I can get the permissions, I will use a Type 3 body as a reference to convert all the vanilla armor/clothing that is possible. That way people will still get to use their favorite FNV/FO3 textures and shape the body and stuff however they like, but, not have to worry about anything not converted looking fucked up. Just think of all the new armor/clothing that is coming with the release of New California in Sept.:cool:

Very exciting development.  Yeah, I developed a very appealing (to me) texture for my NV body years ago, through frankensteining various FO3/NV and Oblivion resources, and I've used it ever since.  But at the same time, Skyrim's Fair Skin is (with maybe some modest tweaks) essentially unbeatable.  And as for shaping the body... I found this thread by following a link from the "show me your character" thread.  As far as I had known before then, T3F was the only body ever developed for FO3/NV that had the all-important "puffy nipples".  Those exist as BodySlide sliders chiefly because I begged the author for it, and I'm happy to see that a lot of people also find them appealing.  But it was very surprising so see such a thing in a New Vegas screenshot.

At this rate, I almost regret starting a new playthrough just recently.

29 minutes ago, Fredas said:

Very exciting development.  Yeah, I developed a very appealing (to me) texture for my NV body years ago, through frankensteining various FO3/NV and Oblivion resources, and I've used it ever since.  But at the same time, Skyrim's Fair Skin is (with maybe some modest tweaks) essentially unbeatable.  And as for shaping the body... I found this thread by following a link from the "show me your character" thread.  As far as I had known before then, T3F was the only body ever developed for FO3/NV that had the all-important "puffy nipples".  Those exist as BodySlide sliders chiefly because I begged the author for it, and I'm happy to see that a lot of people also find them appealing.  But it was very surprising so see such a thing in a New Vegas screenshot.

At this rate, I almost regret starting a new playthrough just recently.

I'm glad you saw that and liked it. I tailored that particular body shape for Sierra, but, stupidly forgot to save the preset.

Good news is that I found that by saving the nif in Nifskope, it will work in the game. A.J. had told me that we shouldn't need to do this anymore since the latest update to BS by Ousnius. But, apparently that's not the case. I had several outfits that I did that I couldn't get to work in game. Here is one that I did for CBBENV- Caesar's armor.

8 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

If I can get the permissions, I will use a Type 3 body as a reference to convert all the vanilla armor/clothing that is possible

I think Dimon's T3 should be free. I also asked for permission of T3 armors for NV and he kindly granted me, but it was a good amount of time ago.

Also T6 was free of permissions, but it isn't avaiable anymore.

T6M should be OK only for the body but not for the armors.

5 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Good news is that I found that by saving the nif in Nifskope, it will work in the game. A.J. had told me that we shouldn't need to do this anymore since the latest update to BS by Ousnius. But, apparently that's not the case. I had several outfits that I did that I couldn't get to work in game. Here is one that I did for CBBENV- Caesar's armor.

What do you mean, are you referring at that old issue we had? if it's so, let's not forget that OS is updated regularly and what happened 6 months ago could not be the same that happen today. If you think there's an issue, the best would be inspecting it with Ousnious himself, who's a wonderful war machine when it's time to solve issues. Me too I had problems in many conversions I did, but since I always do in the same way and some work while some other don't, I don't think it's something about OS but more about vanilla assets. Those should be inspected, imho. Also, FO3 and NV armors are quite different in how they are made, and I'm having the impression that my issues are on NV armors.

So basically this effort will come into its own once a full vanilla set exists

A bit of history about this "effort", and few words about the direction it should go. I started it a long time ago, years ago, this means that we could have had already OS in NV since many years.

However, I wasn't satisfied at all by the result, but I thought "well, someone else will surely do a better work, meshes are not my work". This didn't happen, even if I was reading from time to time that people were interested, so after some years (and after I had the chance to correct one of the weight problems) I decided to upload it, in the hope that someone else could step in and do a better work. This had to be only a proof of concept for others to make something better.

Because this is, imho, the main problem - the overall quality, I don't change my mind about it. If the base body has not a very good quality, then making more conversions make no sense because they'll be a pure waste of time. I could even decide to rip off the extra weights I introduced due to BodyMorph, but other than that I personally can't provide a better quality. However I can provide support and be more pleased in doing some other dirty work (i.e. scripting contents, conversions) once that we decide what to do. Alone, I feel stuck.

10 hours ago, A.J. said:

Because this is, imho, the main problem - the overall quality, I don't change my mind about it. If the base body has not a very good quality, then making more conversions make no sense because they'll be a pure waste of time.

I guess I don't quite follow this facet of concern.  Take the screenshot I linked earlier, which is evidently KoolHndLuke's own handiwork.  Perfect or not, it's certainly the best body I have ever seen in a New Vegas screenshot.  I'd be pretty much overjoyed if that was the end result.  Of course he mentions having misplaced the mesh, but I feel like it could be realized again easily enough.

2 hours ago, Fredas said:

I guess I don't quite follow this facet of concern.  Take the screenshot I linked earlier, which is evidently KoolHndLuke's own handiwork.  Perfect or not, it's certainly the best body I have ever seen in a New Vegas screenshot.  I'd be pretty much overjoyed if that was the end result.  Of course he mentions having misplaced the mesh, but I feel like it could be realized again easily enough.

Essentially, it has 2 problems:

- The weight should be tweaked and done better, because as it is the animations are terrible, rarely I have seen something so unaestetic in terms of animations

- The neck seam is larger than Manzanares river. No it's not that NV has the seam problem while other games don't have it, and yes a mesh artist who knows what to do can solve it.

This leads to the conclusion that if you want to make something decent then you must tweak here and there and find a compromise, so that the arms or the legs won't be dramatically distorted when running for example, due to the weight problem. This is not the way to go, because it kills the potential of BS itself, we'll find ourselves in using more or less the same templates because these are the ones that don't give much problems, but then why using BS? In Skyrim's BS, usually you put your own template and build batch, and if the conversions are good and you're not using extreme sliders usually it works. Here, you make your template, you build, you go in game, you see there are problems, you modify the template, go in game, then redo, and again, redo redo redo... you end up with a body that more or less functions, but it's not really what you had in mind when you started.

When KoolHandLuke has uploaded that "balanced body" on the nexus, wasn't the result of what I'm describing? wasn't that a template that worked more or less and it had to be tweaked a lot to hide the issues? That body is curvy, while the bodies I build usually are very slim and the defects are much more noticiable, the character seems an alien.

2 hours ago, A.J. said:

When KoolHandLuke has uploaded that "balanced body" on the nexus, wasn't the result of what I'm describing? wasn't that a template that worked more or less and it had to be tweaked a lot to hide the issues? That body is curvy, while the bodies I build usually are very slim and the defects are much more noticiable, the character seems an alien.

I think I understand what you are saying A.J., but, maybe I'm just not seeing the problems you mention? The neck seam for sure, all though animations and poses have problems with the knees and elbows, shoulders and some other body parts no matter what body type is used. Could you show some screenshots to illustrate your points?

3 hours ago, A.J. said:

- The neck seam is larger than Manzanares river. No it's not that NV has the seam problem while other games don't have it, and yes a mesh artist who knows what to do can solve it.

If the neck part on the body and on the head have the same vertex weighting, i can look at it and fix, maybe even make a more higher polygonal mesh for the head(with saving the current uv-map of course)