[FONV] CBBE - Bodyslide port alpha - UPDATE 18 mar 2018

I have tried multiple times to get this to work. I followed the instructions to the t, and used the screenshots as reference. I have no clue what I'm doing wrong. Whenever I try to open body slide and use the pull down menu to pick an outfit to alter, it just comes up blank as seen in the screenshot I'm attaching. I used to have Izumiko's T6M body replacer and equipment replacer, but I have since uninstalled them and completely deleted them in efforts to make this mod work. Do I have to go through the process of installing it again after having removed Izumiko's mods? Thanks for any help.

Screenshot (3).png

12 hours ago, OdiiKii said:

I have tried multiple times to get this to work. I followed the instructions to the t, and used the screenshots as reference. I have no clue what I'm doing wrong. Whenever I try to open body slide and use the pull down menu to pick an outfit to alter, it just comes up blank as seen in the screenshot I'm attaching. I used to have Izumiko's T6M body replacer and equipment replacer, but I have since uninstalled them and completely deleted them in efforts to make this mod work. Do I have to go through the process of installing it again after having removed Izumiko's mods? Thanks for any help.

No you shouldn't need to uninstall Izumiko. Do you use a mod manager? if yes, which one?

8 hours ago, A.J. said:

No you shouldn't need to uninstall Izumiko. Do you use a mod manager? if yes, which one?

I use MO2. I have never experienced any problems with it before. I, however, downloaded this manually, since I don't know how to have MO2 manage mods that come from somewhere other than the Nexus.

16 hours ago, OdiiKii said:

I use MO2. I have never experienced any problems with it before. I, however, downloaded this manually, since I don't know how to have MO2 manage mods that come from somewhere other than the Nexus.

I was feeling that. It's not easy for me to say since I've never used MO for NV, but I could make an assumption.

If you ever installed Bodyslide for Skyrim or FO4, with MO, you know you have to add the .exe to it and launch from there. If BS starts and everything works as intended, at that point I'd try to manually extract the port package (third point of the installation) inside the Bodyslide folder, being careful that the path is correct

1 hour ago, A.J. said:

I was feeling that. It's not easy for me to say since I've never used MO for NV, but I could make an assumption.

If you ever installed Bodyslide for Skyrim or FO4, with MO, you know you have to add the .exe to it and launch from there. If BS starts and everything works as intended, at that point I'd try to manually extract the port package (third point of the installation) inside the Bodyslide folder, being careful that the path is correct

I figured out what I was doing wrong. It had nothing to do with MO2. Rather, I did something weird, and managed to keep both the port and original BS files. I just looked through everything really carefully and now it's working. It's working well. Thanks for making it. Also, I was trying to convert the Enclave Power Armour, but when I try to find the textures, most of the textures for all of the armours are missing, including for the Enclave Power Armour. I cannot find them in either the mod files or the game files.

41 minutes ago, OdiiKii said:

I figured out what I was doing wrong. It had nothing to do with MO2. Rather, I did something weird, and managed to keep both the port and original BS files. I just looked through everything really carefully and now it's working. It's working well. Thanks for making it. Also, I was trying to convert the Enclave Power Armour, but when I try to find the textures, most of the textures for all of the armours are missing, including for the Enclave Power Armour. I cannot find them in either the mod files or the game files.

Uhm... I think... some original file are really needed, because I didn't redo the sliders and instead I used them. But maybe they're included in the package, I don't remember.

Here the path for enclave PA

- mesh: Armor\EnclavePowerArmor\EnclaveArmor.NIF

- textures: textures\armor\enclavepowerarmor\enclaveArmor01.dds

- normals: textures\armor\enclavepowerarmor\enclaveArmor01_n.dds

2 hours ago, A.J. said:

Uhm... I think... some original file are really needed, because I didn't redo the sliders and instead I used them. But maybe they're included in the package, I don't remember.

Here the path for enclave PA

- mesh: Armor\EnclavePowerArmor\EnclaveArmor.NIF

- textures: textures\armor\enclavepowerarmor\enclaveArmor01.dds

- normals: textures\armor\enclavepowerarmor\enclaveArmor01_n.dds

Okay. Maybe I can try some uninstalling and reinstalling. Anyway, I think I'm mostly done here. If I have any more questions, it'd probably be easier to reach out to Ikumizo or someone else. I don't wanna clog up the thread with a bunch of unrelated information lol.

Oooh, right,  I was thinking about vanilla, maybe Izumiko used a custom texture...

If you like this kind of works, you could love Nifskope, it's a very powerful tool which allows you to make many things as to check the path of textures etc.

Anyway PM me if you are in troubles even with something unrelated, I'd be glad to help if I can.

• 3 weeks later...

I got most of this figured out. I feel like I am near the end but I feel I should ask first to see if its possible. Here's the rundown:

I got the body mesh I want to work which appears on the character no problem. The issue I am having is I am using a custom race called Mannequin Race. Should not be a big deal and I have the skin textures I want to use Fair Skin from Skyrim. KoolHndLuke told me about the how to installation and how he just renamed the texture files into NV format and they worked. This is what the Mannequin Race texture folder looks like unhindered:

1192226431_Screenshot(1).png.4184e7a0a5d17fc2dbedc78c16487361.png

Inside Body folder it looks like this:

1961456698_Screenshot(2).png.f91e615ad7379e3b7fe3ae2c2f6b44f2.png

Correct me if I am wrong, since this is a custom race it has more files than the basic one you get with the game. Renaming/replacing the Body, hands and head still works but I still end up with the blue/pink skin coloration indication I am still missing textures. I assume with the renamed files from Fair Skin are conflicting with the vanilla files from the custom race? The Fair Skin folders are much more abundant but I narrowed down the ones closest to the Mannequin Race files and have been doing trial and error replacing files and testing. Each folder inside has its own textures but have been sticking to only the ones necessary. (Skin_n_base, Skin_n_curvy) for the bodies and have been experimenting with (Skin_sk and Skin_sk_fix)

423307054_Screenshot(3).png.22c6a2a2d7e9fb4859c10fd71b63e312.png

So in the end I feel like I am close but the bottom line is would it be possible to change the Mannequin textures to Fair Skin with what is available to me or did I bite off more than I can chew? Any feedback is always helpful. :)

Purely out of curiosity A.J., could BS be adapted for Oblivion since they are relatively close in terms of file structure and stuff? Are the meshes and skelly similar to that of FNV? I'm not asking for you to do it. I'm just asking if it can be done because I'm thinking of modding it. If I import a mesh from Oblivion as an object and then copy the bone weights for CBBE-NV, would it work with a CBBE rigged skelly for the game? How hard would it be to rig the CBBE-NV skelly for it? Sorry if any of this sounds dumb. I'm gonna install Oblivion and do some experimenting. :)

1 hour ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Purely out of curiosity A.J., could BS be adapted for Oblivion since they are relatively close in terms of file structure and stuff? Are the meshes and skelly similar to that of FNV? I'm not asking for you to do it. I'm just asking if it can be done because I'm thinking of modding it. If I import a mesh from Oblivion as an object and then copy the bone weights for CBBE-NV, would it work with a CBBE rigged skelly for the game? How hard would it be to rig the CBBE-NV skelly for it? Sorry if any of this sounds dumb. I'm gonna install Oblivion and do some experimenting. :)

Yes but it's not a 5 minutes work. The skeleton is not an issue and I could even give a hand on it, but I wouldn't have time for the mesh. So you must do the same thing I made from Skyrim to NV, with an extra chore because if I remember well these bodies were cutted in two, legs + upperbody were 2 different parts, but I played a couple of hours only so I can be wrong...

The positive note is that you don't need to copy the bone weights from CBBE NV, since those are my own customs for BodyMorph, you can probably just stick with vanilla oblivion and will have a better result

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, pyrocumulus said:

So I did A Thing in Bodyslide because I like the Miss Fortune outfit but I hate the stupid hat, and I was wondering if anyone knew how to make the hair show? Is that something I have to do in GECK or something? NIF and my bodyslide preset included if anyone wants to fiddle with it.

Try this esp, it should solve. However, if Miss Fortune will appear, she'll have hair clipping through the hat. The solution would be creating a new custom cloth. Tell me what you prefer.

aaaMysterious.esp

On 2/11/2019 at 1:39 PM, A.J. said:

Try this esp, it should solve. However, if Miss Fortune will appear, she'll have hair clipping through the hat. The solution would be creating a new custom cloth. Tell me what you prefer.

aaaMysterious.esp

How would I make a new custom outfit? I don't really mind if Miss Fortune has hair showing since the hat might not show regardless on her (I'd have to test that) but it'd be interesting to have both so her identity remains a secret

15 minutes ago, pyrocumulus said:

How would I make a new custom outfit? I don't really mind if Miss Fortune has hair showing since the hat might not show regardless on her (I'd have to test that) but it'd be interesting to have both so her identity remains a secret

Then remove the previous ESP.

Put your modified mesh inside this path and rename it with NOHAT on the end:

data\meshes\armor\missfortune\missfortuneNOHAT.nif

Now load this new ESP, after few seconds you should receive the new outfit on your inventory. I didn't test it, tell me if it works.

MysteriousNoHat.esp

I just tested and it worked for me. The name is the same of the vanilla outfit, could it be that you confused them if you already had it in your inventory? anyway I changed it in NO HAT in the esp included. Eventually, you can add it via console with PLAYER.ADDITEM xx000ADD 1 where xx is the index in the load order.

MysteriousNoHat.esp

11 hours ago, A.J. said:

I just tested and it worked for me. The name is the same of the vanilla outfit, could it be that you confused them if you already had it in your inventory? anyway I changed it in NO HAT in the esp included. Eventually, you can add it via console with PLAYER.ADDITEM xx000ADD 1 where xx is the index in the load order.

MysteriousNoHat.esp

Well it's in my inventory now and the normal outfit works but the edited no hat version....uuuh

20190215192823_1.jpg.8ae1e505f0adfc1c3b92b270caed4fcc.jpg

1 hour ago, pyrocumulus said:

Well it's in my inventory now and the normal outfit works but the edited no hat version....uuuh

You must put a copy of your modified mesh in the right folder and rename it properly. Quoting myself:

11 hours ago, A.J. said:

You must put a copy of your modified mesh in the right folder and rename it properly. Quoting myself:

Went to double check it because I remember doing exactly that and it turns out I forgot the 'o' in fortune when renaming the mesh. I am a fool.

20190216082848_1.jpg.7143b09ecd5f2edf09ecd965acbff93e.jpg

It works now! Thank you so much for your help