SexLab SE - Sex Animation Framework v1.66b - 01/18/2024

And, I'm sorry that I'm bringing this up again.  Fortunately, I didn't lose my Steam DB files.  It's worthwhile pointing out for people here.  Maybe there is a better place for me to bring this sort of situation up?  I see other people bring up AE issues on this thread often.  So, it's not only me.

2 hours ago, liars_paradox said:

@zarantha
That Full Patcher you shared doesn't work anymore.  I have been backing up my computer to prepare it to reinstall my OS and Steam, behind my back, updated the Skyrim again.  This time, the patcher from Nexus that you shared doesn't work for it:

Capture.PNG

Like Steam seriously made a new patch just to break the downgrader patch!

Maybe give him a bit to catch up if there's a new update? Or ask on the nexus page?

I don't maintain the patcher.

47 minutes ago, shadowknyght said:

So I'm a little confused.  The SexLab Framework version listed on the download page is 1.63.  When I use it, it tells me that it's version beta 8, so should I be using 1.63 aka Beta 8 or should I be using Beta 9.  I hope how I phased it makes sense.

If you are not using the updated game then 1.63 is the version you want - beta 8 or 9 or whatever isn't too important unless you're experiencing bugs or want the latest features added in the last couple of them.

11 minutes ago, memebro3492 said:

is it possible to make dog use wolf animations?

SexLab will run whatever animations it has been told about that are applicable to the race. If you have a problem with a specific animation pack or a mod starting animations then you need to ask there.

In the case of dogs and wolves, however, it's worth noting there are three categories for them: dog (only for dogs), wolf (only for wolves), and canine (dogs and wolves). If an animation is only available for wolves and you think it should work with dogs too, that suggests it's been flagged as "wolf" and you should mention that in the animation pack's support thread.

27 minutes ago, Vinilladingd0ng said:

I keep getting the notification saying "missing or outdated SexLabUtil plugin detected" even though I have the most recent version of the mod installed and have reinstalled it several times. Anyone know what I can do to fix this?

What version of Skyrim are you using? Is it the 1.6.323 version that people call "AE" or the older 1.5.97 version before the update? Did you grab the version of SexLab that is appropriate for your game, even if that means not necessarily grabbing what is literally "the most recent version"?

5 minutes ago, tasairis said:

What version of Skyrim are you using? Is it the 1.6.323 version that people call "AE" or the older 1.5.97 version before the update? Did you grab the version of SexLab that is appropriate for your game, even if that means not necessarily grabbing what is literally "the most recent version"?

I'm playing on 1.6.323 of Skyrim SE and have installed version 164b of the Sexlab framework. 

Edited by Vinilladingd0ng
On 12/7/2021 at 9:00 AM, OsmelMC said:

Make sure that "Use Expressions", "Use SyncLips" and "Auto Refresh Expression" be Enabled on the "Animation Settings" page.

And in the "Animation Editor" page check the "Advanced Lips Sync and Open Mouth Configuration". There you can configure all about the OpenMouth Expression and the SyncLips and since is new probably have to set those Values.

Send me the "Papyrus.0.log" if is not enough.

Have everything set and went into Expressions Editor (animation editor has no expression settings), and made sure lip sync and open mouth were set and used the "Test on Player" to make sure. Expressions are kinda working, they're definitely not as "pronounced" as they were in previous versions, so not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing, and the mouth is not opening as far as it used to in previous versions. So it kinda works, but imho not as good as previously, but just opinion. I am attaching my papyrus log if you want to take a look at it. There are a crapton of errors associated with mods that I have not had installed in a very long time and resaver is showing the save file as clean, so no clue how to get rid of those errors. Also showing errors involving BBLS scripts which I don't would affect sexlab expressions, and I've followed the author's instructions to the letter for uninstalling and reinstalling, so no clue how to fix those errors either. Anyway here it is if ya wanna take a look.

Papyrus.0.log

11 hours ago, Vinilladingd0ng said:

I keep getting the notification saying "missing or outdated SexLabUtil plugin detected" even though I have the most recent version of the mod installed and have reinstalled it several times. Anyone know what I can do to fix this?

Okay so I don't know why exactly I was having the problems originally, but I uninstalled all of my SL mods and have been doing a clean install of all of them one by one and that apparently fixed most of my issues? got no idea why it worked, but it did ?‍♀️

40 minutes ago, Vinilladingd0ng said:

Okay so I don't know why exactly I was having the problems originally, but I uninstalled all of my SL mods and have been doing a clean install of all of them one by one and that apparently fixed most of my issues? got no idea why it worked, but it did ?‍♀️

You leveled up your Mod Manager skill.

6 hours ago, Martok73 said:

Have everything set and went into Expressions Editor (animation editor has no expression settings), and made sure lip sync and open mouth were set and used the "Test on Player" to make sure. Expressions are kinda working, they're definitely not as "pronounced" as they were in previous versions, so not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing, and the mouth is not opening as far as it used to in previous versions. So it kinda works, but imho not as good as previously, but just opinion. I am attaching my papyrus log if you want to take a look at it. There are a crapton of errors associated with mods that I have not had installed in a very long time and resaver is showing the save file as clean, so no clue how to get rid of those errors. Also showing errors involving BBLS scripts which I don't would affect sexlab expressions, and I've followed the author's instructions to the letter for uninstalling and reinstalling, so no clue how to fix those errors either. Anyway here it is if ya wanna take a look.

Papyrus.0.log 1.28 MB · 0 downloads

The advanced SyncLips and OpenMouth Configuration is one of the first option in the right top of the "Expression Editor" page ("Expression Editor" not "Animations Editor")

The intensity of the Lips movements on previous versions is consequences of a very old bug that use to make the lips move without be asked. Those bugs are fixed and now you can control  almost all about the lips movement and the OpenMouth expression.

To remove old scripts and data of Mods already removed, you have to open the save with the ReSaver and use his filter to show only the scripts of the Mod wish names usually start with the same 3 or 4 characters. And remove them from the save.

17 hours ago, tasairis said:

the 1.6.323 version that people call "AE"

This implies some disbelief or incredulity that "people" *looks around the room surreptitiously* are justified in calling it AE-

• It was released on the Anniversary date, 11/11/21
  • It is the Visual Studio 2019 recompilation, which was cited by Bethrosoft as the defining characteristic of the Anniversary Edition
  • It is incompatible with SKSE64 v2.00.20/.19/.17

I believe it qualifies as "the AE update" even though it does not include any of the paid content offered congruently. What would you call it?

Edited by Vyxenne
Because it's a Holiday Tradition
3 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

This implies some disbelief or incredulity that "people" *looks around the room surreptitiously* are justified in calling it AE-

• It was released on the Anniversary date, 11/11/21
  • It is the Visual Studio 2019 recompilation, which was cited by Bethrosoft as the defining characteristic of the Anniversary Edition
  • It is incompatible with SKSE64 v2.00.20/.19/.17

I believe it qualifies as "the AE update" even though it does not include any of the paid content offered congruently. What would you call it?

"AE update" is fine. "AE upgrade" is ambiguous. And nobody but me cares about silly little distinctions like that.

6 hours ago, OsmelMC said:

The advanced SyncLips and OpenMouth Configuration is one of the first option in the right top of the "Expression Editor" page ("Expression Editor" not "Animations Editor")

The intensity of the Lips movements on previous versions is consequences of a very old bug that use to make the lips move without be asked. Those bugs are fixed and now you can control  almost all about the lips movement and the OpenMouth expression.

To remove old scripts and data of Mods already removed, you have to open the save with the ReSaver and use his filter to show only the scripts of the Mod wish names usually start with the same 3 or 4 characters. And remove them from the save.

What doesn't make sense to me tho, is I'm having errors and script stuff show up in papyrus log on a brand new character, which since the mods are not installed, the script errors shouldn't be in the log of a new character should it?

2 hours ago, tasairis said:

AE update" is fine. "AE upgrade" is ambiguous.

Agreed.

2 hours ago, tasairis said:

nobody but me cares about silly little distinctions like that.

I think the stealth AE updates are just the proverbial camel's nose, greasing the dong of the transition to the paid AE content as Microsoft did to us Windows 7 clingers when we resisted the lure of "Free Windows 10! Woooooo..." they kept dangling in our faces for over 2 years.

3 hours ago, Martok73 said:

What doesn't make sense to me tho, is I'm having errors and script stuff show up in papyrus log on a brand new character, which since the mods are not installed, the script errors shouldn't be in the log of a new character should it?

If you start a new game with the same ghost scripts probably is another Mod trying to use those scripts as soft dependency without take safety measures.

This is a lot of pages so I'm just going to ask here....please.

I am coming from Skyrim LE with an extensive Sexlab mod list and I just started playing on SE.  Anything I should know before I begin?  

I am on Skyrim SE but I have the 1.6.323 version because Steam updated it.  Is everything working properly?

4 hours ago, tejano2828 said:

This is a lot of pages so I'm just going to ask here....please.

I am coming from Skyrim LE with an extensive Sexlab mod list and I just started playing on SE.  Anything I should know before I begin?  

I am on Skyrim SE but I have the 1.6.323 version because Steam updated it.  Is everything working properly?

Nope, not yet. Grab the downgrader thing that's mentioned everywhere to get yourself to version 1.5.97, then you can install working versions of everything.

5 hours ago, OsmelMC said:

If you start a new game with the same ghost scripts probably is another Mod trying to use those scripts as soft dependency without take safety measures.

But I've checked all of the folders and the scripts being mentioned in the papyrus log are nowhere to be found, none of the files that are throwing errors in the log are anywhere in the game folders, so I'm at a loss as to where to look or what to do to get rid of them from the logs.

On 12/7/2021 at 3:55 PM, liars_paradox said:

If you're super new (I don't blame you because I know some people who bought Skyrim AFTER AE came out), then you're not able to run it due to AE being incompatible with most mods here. SKSE updated to AE, but it will be a while before all the mod developers (assuming they're active) can update their mods.  

The creator of SexLab Framework is active, by the way, but there's no guarantee that your other mods will work when SexLab is updated. Most people in this forum turn off upgrades on Steam, but there's still a lot of people out there who haven't done that, and if you're one of them or you never had the old version, then you need to downgrade. 

I had this back and forth about downgrading Skyrim to an earlier version before AE. You have Steam DB, where you need to download three manifests or get this mod that does the patching for you. 

Yeah I'm new. I didn't buy the AE edition. Tho there are new things in the currrent Special edition that come from the AE upgrade (like new weapons , quest ect).

I guess I'll have to downgrade it , but does it means I should start a new game before it ? Because in my old game I got the new up graded weapons quest ect ... Will that game play nonetheless ?

1 hour ago, Martok73 said:

But I've checked all of the folders and the scripts being mentioned in the papyrus log are nowhere to be found, none of the files that are throwing errors in the log are anywhere in the game folders, so I'm at a loss as to where to look or what to do to get rid of them from the logs.

Like PoppinTom said. Probably are inside a BSA file. But but if the log said something about missing file or unknown type, then should be a soft dependency reckless declared and in that case you won't be able to find the the scripts.

The correct way of declare a soft dependency is check the presence of the Mod before try anything with his files but many mod author's make the mistake of call external scripts without check if the mod is installed and some times even do that to check if the mod is installed.

Anyway is only a problem if are too many or if is one of the last errors on the log after a CTD. The only way to fix the error is editing the source script of the mod that is calling the dependency  or uninstall it.