SexLab SE - Sex Animation Framework v1.66b - 01/18/2024

3 hours ago, ithinkicould.idontknow said:

i updated from the previous beta to beta 9 and out of a sudden it wont allow me to play animations it just says that it failed to find a default animation to play even tho i have all animations enabled

Do a Clean and Rebuild in the SexLab MCM.  If that doesn't work, start a new game.  papyrusutil.dll is newer in Beta 9, so it may require a new game or a game cleaned of Sexlab before it will work correctly.

On 11/3/2021 at 12:08 AM, Hatoc123 said:

So its crashed again when trying out cleaning again and I would share a crash log with you but the crash logger is no longer making crash logs again I dont know why its not I can only assume that some how cleaning the save makes the logger no longer able to make reports about it even if that doesnt make much sense

EDIT: It has finally given me crash logs and I cant make head nor tail of what they are talking about since the mod loadout has stayed the same through all these crashes and yet these logs a wildly different. can someone pin down what might be the common thing since I really dont know(well apart from the arm node thing)

I have attached all the logs below for that time sorry its alot mo2 only decided to show me the logs today so I didnt think they were being made

You're not alone here, I'm getting crashes pointing to PapyrusUtil.dll+9EF7 with SexLab 1.63beta9 when using the "Clean System" option as well.

SexLab Separate Orgasm SE 1.7.4 and SexLab Utility Plus v20211020 are installed too.

The number of people trying to point to things unrelated to PapyrusUtil and SexLab really doesn't bring us any closers to the issue considering none of us have the PapyrusUtil source to be able to debug the issue.

With how consistently the crash can be replicated through activating 'Clean System,' it's either an issue with the new version of PapyrusUtil or changes that were made in beta9.

Besides troubleshooting the issue by starting a new game with the minimum SexLab requirements and then slowly adding mods back until the crash occurs (if it didn't already,) there's not much any of us can do if it's an issue with PapyrusUtil, which Ashal would need to look into.

Edit: Looking at the last couple lines of the Papyrus log before the crash happens, it could have something to do with the StorageUtil function debug_Cleanup() that's called by CleanActorStorage() in sslSystemAlias after running 'Clean System'

Although, CleanActorStorage is called when SexLab first starts up, as well...

[11/05/2021 - 04:12:20AM] SEXLAB - NOTICE: SexLabFramework - Enabled
[11/05/2021 - 04:12:20AM] SexLab  - SexLab v1.63 SE dev beta 9 - Ready!
[11/05/2021 - 04:12:20AM] SEXLAB - CleanActorStorage: Starting...
[11/05/2021 - 04:12:27AM] SEXLAB - CleanActorStorage: 222 -> 217

Crash_2021_11_5_3-17-11.txt PapyrusUtilDev.log

Edited by Hylysi
14 minutes ago, Hylysi said:

You're not alone here, I'm getting crashes pointing to PapyrusUtil.dll+9EF7 with SexLab 1.63beta9 when using the "Clean System" option as well.

SexLab Separate Orgasm SE 1.7.4 and SexLab Utility Plus v20211020 are installed too.

The number of people trying to point to things unrelated to PapyrusUtil and SexLab really doesn't bring us any closers to the issue considering none of us have the PapyrusUtil source to be able to debug the issue.

With how consistently the crash can be replicated through activating 'Clean System,' it's either an issue with the new version of PapyrusUtil or changes that were made in beta9.

Besides troubleshooting the issue by starting a new game with the minimum SexLab requirements and then slowly adding mods back until the crash occurs (if it didn't already,) there's not much any of us can do if it's an issue with PapyrusUtil, which Ashal would need to look into.

Crash_2021_11_5_3-17-11.txt 60.5 kB · 0 downloads PapyrusUtilDev.log 236.86 kB · 0 downloads

The source is on github. https://github.com/eeveelo/PapyrusUtil

15 hours ago, redeyesandlonghair said:

I have this weird issue where anytime I start a sex animation involving a bed, both actors end up having sex on the floor under the bed, both clipping completely into the bed.  No clue why that specific thing is going wrong.

You have to specify the SexLab version if you want help.

The BETA 9 allow you set the Bed offset for each Animation but apparently you are not using the Bed. For what you said something is making you use the Bed position but not the bed. Send me the "Papyrus.0.log" file

Using SL Beta 9 for SE...

Haven't had a problem after several games. On new game, when animation starts, neither player is undressing. I can go back to previous game and everything worked fine. Using the same settings.

Would greatly appreciate any assistance in correcting this. After spending 2 hours updating MCM settings for all mods for the animations to not work is frustrating. Desperately looking for help.

My Sexlab was working just fine. until i downloaded the creature animations, and its required files, no they are the only animations I have, I am no longer able to toggle into the human npcs, any reasons why?  i have uninstalled and redownloaded sexlabs multiple times to no avail 

On 11/5/2021 at 8:02 AM, Hylysi said:

Edit: Looking at the last couple lines of the Papyrus log before the crash happens, it could have something to do with the StorageUtil function debug_Cleanup() that's called by CleanActorStorage() in sslSystemAlias after running 'Clean System'

Although, CleanActorStorage is called when SexLab first starts up, as well...

[11/05/2021 - 04:12:20AM] SEXLAB - NOTICE: SexLabFramework - Enabled
[11/05/2021 - 04:12:20AM] SexLab  - SexLab v1.63 SE dev beta 9 - Ready!
[11/05/2021 - 04:12:20AM] SEXLAB - CleanActorStorage: Starting...
[11/05/2021 - 04:12:27AM] SEXLAB - CleanActorStorage: 222 -> 217

Crash_2021_11_5_3-17-11.txt 60.5 kB · 3 downloads PapyrusUtilDev.log 236.86 kB · 1 download

If you find out what was causing your issue at all please share so that I can check whether its the same with me thanks

Hatoc

ps: I feel thankful that I'm not the only person with this issue

Edited by Hatoc123
14 hours ago, Hatoc123 said:

If you find out what was causing your issue at all please share so that I can check whether its the same with me thanks

Skimming over the PapyrusUtil source based on when the crash happens: my guess is it could be related to plugin load order changes, such as loading/removing follower mods with ESPFE plugins on a save file (similar to a crash SOS SE experiences.)

If this is the case, you should be able to replicate it by having custom followers be added to SexLab's 'skills' storage. Doing anything SexLab related with them will add them.

Then save the game, quit, and disable that follower mod from your mod list.

When you next attempt to use the 'Clean System' SexLab option on that save file it should cause the same crash.

As there may be a difference, try it both on a follower mod that does and doesn't have an ESL/ESPFE flagged plugin.

I have no understanding of what causes this to happen.

The related code for debug_cleanup() in PapyrusUtil and the papyrus script that calls it hasn't changed, so either this isn't it or (amazingly) no one has reported it until now.

So I have a weird problem. New, clean install, all dependencies installed, all conflicts resolved but when a sex scene starts clothing isn't removed from anyone.  The animations play correctly, just the clothing all stays in place. 

11 hours ago, Hylysi said:

Skimming over the PapyrusUtil source based on when the crash happens: my guess is it could be related to plugin load order changes, such as loading/removing follower mods with ESPFE plugins on a save file (similar to a crash SOS SE experiences.)

If this is the case, you should be able to replicate it by having custom followers be added to SexLab's 'skills' storage. Doing anything SexLab related with them will add them.

Then save the game, quit, and disable that follower mod from your mod list.

When you next attempt to use the 'Clean System' SexLab option on that save file it should cause the same crash.

As there may be a difference, try it both on a follower mod that does and doesn't have an ESL/ESPFE flagged plugin.

I have no understanding of what causes this to happen.

The related code for debug_cleanup() in PapyrusUtil and the papyrus script that calls it hasn't changed, so either this isn't it or (amazingly) no one has reported it until now.

I've never personally encountered the ESPFE crash related to SOS, but perhaps those times I did do something similar didn't quite match the criteria (I wasn't doing a Clean System in Sexlab after removing a follower mod, or the mod wasn't ESPFE).  Are you sure that crash isn't related to "Purge Dead Actors Every 10 Game Days" from "SexLab Aroused" executing at the same time that SexLab is running the Clean System?  Oselmec has indicated this option in SLA MCM should be disabled before upgrading SexLab versions to avoid CTD during when SexLab is being installed.

13 minutes ago, daisy1995 said:

sexlabutil.dll missing, any idea?

Are you an MO2 user?  DLL issues seem to plague new MO2 users.  I'd tell you how to fix this if I could remember, but I don't use MO2.  The file is there, you're just not following thru on some step that MO2 requires you to do.

Edit:  Unless you've updated to Skyrim Anniversary Edition, in which case you'll need to wait for this to get updated.

Edited by 4nk8r
37 minutes ago, 4nk8r said:

Are you an MO2 user?  DLL issues seem to plague new MO2 users.  I'd tell you how to fix this if I could remember, but I don't use MO2.  The file is there, you're just not following thru on some step that MO2 requires you to do.

Edit:  Unless you've updated to Skyrim Anniversary Edition, in which case you'll need to wait for this to get updated.

How I wish I'd remembered to turn off auto update on steam, my SE broke as well, thanks to all the freebies they added to it. Oh well, just have to bite the bullet and wait

14 minutes ago, Cat Defuser said:

How I wish I'd remembered to turn off auto update on steam, my SE broke as well, thanks to all the freebies they added to it. Oh well, just have to bite the bullet and wait

Can you not use the Steam Console to revert your game?