SexLab SE - Sex Animation Framework v1.66b - 01/18/2024

17 minutes ago, SkyWalkerProject said:

There was someone who mentioned that 1.5.62 update seems critical this time (maybe, I do not know, not a savvy). All I can do is believe the experts.

I don't know if anybody else has said anything positive about this update so maybe you're talking about me.

It's not critical. There might be better support for controllers, maybe a fix here or there, but for the most part if you're not using CC mods then you don't need these updates. The only time you need to think about updating is if one of your SKSE mods updates, for a bug fix or a new feature, and you want it but the author isn't supporting your version anymore.

21 minutes ago, SkyWalkerProject said:

This is the first time ever that I heard a game developer are putting effort to disrupt community made mods especially SKSE64 dependant ones.

Please don't misunderstand- Beth has made no announcement that they are deliberately trying to destroy free mods to force users into buying their CC crapware. Nonetheless, the fact that they haven't announced it doesn't mean they aren't doing it deliberately, with malice aforethought.

My statement is my opinion, based on their actions since last year: They are systematically killing all SKSE-Dependent mods by "updating" the game executable and asset files for no valid reason. They are trying to conceal their malevolent intent by always including one or two trivial fixes that nobody had even noticed and certainly didn't care about ("fixed the upper left strap of the Imperial horse bridle" etc.) as an excuse to change the game files. Last fall after the first couple of surprise updates, two Bethsoft employees posted that they were aware of the collateral damage their CC updates were causing to PC players and in the future would instead release CC-specific files that could be updated without changing the core game files. The next update included "*.cc" files. It also included another SKSE-breaking executable update.

The timing of these updates is also suspicious- they are arriving just as the community recovers from the last update's damage, i.e. about every 60 days or so.  Without malevolent intent, Bethesda could fix the fucking Imperial horse bridle and crap like it with annual or biennial updates- that's how trivial and insignificant their actual updates have been. The fact that they are shoveling them at us on a more or less timed basis, timed to coincide with the last key SKSE-dependent mod finally being updated. By doing this they discourage mod authors and players alike.

Someone once advised me not to assume malevolence when simple incompetence would suffice to explain the cause of a problem. I have no trouble attributing incompetence to Bethesda (Google "Fallout 76"), but what they are doing to SSE and SKSE now requires more than incompetence- it requires malevolence and blatant deceit.

32 minutes ago, Vyxenne said:

Please don't misunderstand- Beth has made no announcement that they are deliberately trying to destroy free mods to force users into buying their CC crapware. Nonetheless, the fact that they haven't announced it doesn't mean they aren't doing it deliberately, with malice aforethought.

My statement is my opinion, based on their actions since last year: They are systematically killing all SKSE-Dependent mods by "updating" the game executable and asset files for no valid reason. They are trying to conceal their malevolent intent by always including one or two trivial fixes that nobody had even noticed and certainly didn't care about ("fixed the upper left strap of the Imperial horse bridle" etc.) as an excuse to change the game files. Last fall after the first couple of surprise updates, two Bethsoft employees posted that they were aware of the collateral damage their CC updates were causing to PC players and in the future would instead release CC-specific files that could be updated without changing the core game files. The next update included "*.cc" files. It also included another SKSE-breaking executable update.

The timing of these updates is also suspicious- they are arriving just as the community recovers from the last update's damage, i.e. about every 60 days or so.  Without malevolent intent, Bethesda could fix the fucking Imperial horse bridle and crap like it with annual or biennial updates- that's how trivial and insignificant their actual updates have been. The fact that they are shoveling them at us on a more or less timed basis, timed to coincide with the last key SKSE-dependent mod finally being updated. By doing this they discourage mod authors and players alike.

Someone once advised me not to assume malevolence when simple incompetence would suffice to explain the cause of a problem. I have no trouble attributing incompetence to Bethesda (Google "Fallout 76"), but what they are doing to SSE and SKSE now requires more than incompetence- it requires malevolence and blatant deceit.

It was not a misunderstanding. No harm meant when I said that.

Sorry if my statement made you feel uncomfortable.

My bad. I should have phrased it better.

But I get you. Long live modders!

1 hour ago, tasairis said:

I don't know if anybody else has said anything positive about this update so maybe you're talking about me.

It's not critical. There might be better support for controllers, maybe a fix here or there, but for the most part if you're not using CC mods then you don't need these updates. The only time you need to think about updating is if one of your SKSE mods updates, for a bug fix or a new feature, and you want it but the author isn't supporting your version anymore.

Nope, not using any CC mods.

I see. Then, I will probably downgrade in a week time if no proper updates were available (next Sunday, 16.12.2018). I cannot wait too long.

SSE is basically my personal fav single-player game until TEV VI official launch.

Cheers tasairis!

9 hours ago, SkyWalkerProject said:

Nope, not using any CC mods.

I see. Then, I will probably downgrade in a week time if no proper updates were available (next Sunday, 16.12.2018). I cannot wait too long.

SSE is basically my personal fav single-player game until TEV VI official launch.

Cheers tasairis!

I'm on you with this one, however, given what Bethesda did to other titles over the last years, with Falout 76 being the most recent one, I'm a bit scared that they might butcher TES VI as well...

Hoping to see updated version for SE 2.0.11 soon, 2.0.10 won't work for me as I use RaceMenu and it does not have a 2.0.10 version. I understand that it may take a while, but having this mod updated so that I can use it would be awesome. Literally half of time playing skyrim is doing something related to this mod.

43 minutes ago, jams69 said:

Hoping to see updated version for SE 2.0.11 soon, 2.0.10 won't work for me as I use RaceMenu and it does not have a 2.0.10 version. I understand that it may take a while, but having this mod updated so that I can use it would be awesome. Literally half of time playing skyrim is doing something related to this mod.

RaceMenu 2.00.09 works with 2.00.10. I am currently using it that way.

1 hour ago, Drunkenhobo86 said:

I'm seriously about to just stop playing SSE and just go back to LE. I'm getting really tired of Bethesda's crap.

The solution is not to slavishly update every time there is a release.

Stop automatic updates. Then wait until all the mods you want are updated.

The mod update cycle this time has been very quick. There are only a few I am waiting for, and they will be updated in due course.

21 minutes ago, Azurahawk said:

Does anybody else have the previous version of skse? Accidently deleted it and see updating to the new version at this moment isn't the best option, for there's a lot of outdated plugins

Azurahawk,

I understand someone passed you 2.0.10.

Can you share it with me?

I need to downgrade the game.

Thanks in advance.

How did one small update in Skyrim SE break so many mods, and why is it taking so long to update sexlab and SOS? And why are the error messages so incorrect? I have reinstalled Sexlab many times, including light, and reordered modes repeatedly. Vortex says everything is fine but every time I launch, using SKSE64_loader, I get  an error message saying sexlab either didn't load or sexlabutil.dll is bad. But, the MOD page, under system, shows that it is loaded. When I go to MCM, the sexlab options are greyed out except for the option to install a version of sexlab that NO ONE HAS FOR DOWNLOAD anywhere! If I hit install, the game notifies me that it is ready about 5 minutes later, yet all the settings are still greyed out. I have similar problems with SOS.

On 12/8/2018 at 8:35 AM, Ashal said:

For some reason, my Skyrim is broken and is playing at like 1 fps. Don't have time to investigate and fix it at the moment. I've completed a patch for the new version of the game and SKSE though, just can't test it to make sure it all works correctly myself right now. So before I officially post it, need some people to test it for me.

SexLab_v163_UPGRADE_beta4_TO_beta5.zip

Just install this patch over an existing install of beta 4 and let me know if everything works as expected.

It also includes a fixed version of papyrusutil, which I need to be tested as well before I release that. SexLab will test most of its usage on its own, but one thing it won't test automatically that needs testing is the toggle free camera function. So test a sexlab scene with auto TFC enabled in the sexlab MCM as well.

Tyvm Ashal, I was beating myself up over why it wouldn't work and I didn't know the version of SSE mattered as much. What a beautiful early christmas present, Bless the Walls!

@KlausH11 I'll try to explain.   

The script extender hooks the game, probably by direct memory access (which is why if the game is updated, at all, the extender needs to be as well).     The script extender is a program written by the Silverlock group.

As for other mods that depend on the script extender, if it's changed functionality (which is likely) or has bugs, it will impact anything that depends on that function (or functions).   (To be more specific, a DLL is a library of functions that other programs (or DLLs) can call on.   There's two main methods for this, by using the function name or by it's "ordinal" - if the ordinal changes the software using the DLL needs to be updated.)  (If you want to read more or if I'm not making any sense, there's a wikipedia article on this.)

It also could have nothing at all to do with Skyrim and be a bug with the script extender.  (I'm not saying this is the case here but it's entirely possible.)

Earlier in this thread, there is a test patch for SexLab (beta 5) that should include an updated DLL.

17 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

I disagree.   If they wanted to kill script extenders (SKSE) there's easier and more permanent ways than updating the executable periodically.     I'm sure they're aware that mods need to update when they do updates but it's not going to take priority over their own updates (minor and silly as they may be).        Their updates seem to be focused on adding support for Creation Club mods which they probably have some financial interest in.       If it breaks some non CC mod it's probably more "Sorry, but we're sure you'll fix it soon enough." than "Ha! Broke you!".

10 minutes ago, poplan said:

I disagree.   If they wanted to kill script extenders (SKSE) there's easier and more permanent ways than updating the executable periodically.     I'm sure they're aware that mods need to update when they do updates but it's not going to take priority over their own updates (minor and silly as they may be).        Their updates seem to be focused on adding support for Creation Club mods which they probably have some financial interest in.       If it breaks some non CC mod it's probably more "Sorry, but we're sure you'll fix it soon enough." than "Ha! Broke you!".

There's goodness in your heart that I don't have. Gimme some.

19 hours ago, pburnt said:

I thought they were only going to be updating something called Skyrim.ccc or whatever. Don't think I've seen that file in a while now.

They've been updating it every time. If you haven't seen it then... you haven't seen it.