SexLab SE - Sex Animation Framework v1.66b - 01/18/2024

Suddenly had big issues with the pre-installed animations on beta 9. Whenever I start a new playthrough and install SL through the MCM, it installs everything except the default animations. I even get a message saying "character animations installed" in the top left (or something to that effect), but in the console the only thing that happens on that step is "AnimCache Cleared!"

Tried disabling all other SL related mods, ran FNIS at every step, even deleted my archive of beta 9 and downloaded it again, no luck. MCM reports no issues with the install other than "?" on FNIS Sexlab Idles and FNIS Sexlab Creatures Idles, which is normal and has always been the case prior to this issue. When I go to the Rebuild & Clean page, it reports 0 animations used, but expressions and voices are all fine.

Beta 8 still works fine, which is lame because I liked the new features in beta 9 :( . Like I said, these issues came out of the blue; I've used beta 9 previously with no issues like this before.

Yes, I know I could just install all of my own animations (I tried this, it works fine, I already use things like FunnyBiz, Anub, MNC) but I like some of the prepackaged animations and I don't want to dig through all the animation packs on here just to use a few animations from a few packs.

Any ideas on what I should be doing to fix this?

Edit: Just checked,   am running SKSE 2.0.19. Would this be causing a problem? Is anyone else running this just fine with that version of SKSE?

Edited by Oh God I Need An Account
1 hour ago, Oh God I Need An Account said:

Suddenly had big issues with the pre-installed animations on beta 9. Whenever I start a new playthrough and install SL through the MCM, it installs everything except the default animations. I even get a message saying "character animations installed" in the top left (or something to that effect), but in the console the only thing that happens on that step is "AnimCache Cleared!"

Tried disabling all other SL related mods, ran FNIS at every step, even deleted my archive of beta 9 and downloaded it again, no luck. MCM reports no issues with the install other than "?" on FNIS Sexlab Idles and FNIS Sexlab Creatures Idles, which is normal and has always been the case prior to this issue. When I go to the Rebuild & Clean page, it reports 0 animations used, but expressions and voices are all fine.

Beta 8 still works fine, which is lame because I liked the new features in beta 9 :( . Like I said, these issues came out of the blue; I've used beta 9 previously with no issues like this before.

Yes, I know I could just install all of my own animations (I tried this, it works fine, I already use things like FunnyBiz, Anub, MNC) but I like some of the prepackaged animations and I don't want to dig through all the animation packs on here just to use a few animations from a few packs.

Any ideas on what I should be doing to fix this?

Edit: Just checked,   am running SKSE 2.0.19. Would this be causing a problem? Is anyone else running this just fine with that version of SKSE?

Switch to 3rd person mode and reset the animation registry.

17 minutes ago, SarielVailo said:

im trying to find out why this isnt working for me and this is my first time setting up this mod i have downloaded it and somne others and would like help

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/32980-important-shut-up-and-read-this-if-you-dont-include-a-papyrus-debug-log-dont-expect-help/

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/33468-how-i-can-tell-you-didnt-actually-read-the-faq-in-other-words-read-the-fucking-pinned-threads/?do=getNewComment

6 minutes ago, PippinTom said:

i thought i said that already but i mean thanks you so much for your fucking help i mean that i mean the the lines hi this is my first time setting up this mod would have the simplistic connotation of i don't know what the fuck im doing but hey thanks!

1 hour ago, SarielVailo said:

im trying to find out why this isnt working for me and this is my first time setting up this mod i have downloaded it and somne others and would like help

37 minutes ago, SarielVailo said:

i thought i said that already but i mean thanks you so much for your fucking help i mean that i mean the the lines hi this is my first time setting up this mod would have the simplistic connotation of i don't know what the fuck im doing but hey thanks!

The first step would be saying what doesn't work.

Are you having trouble registering animations?

Are you having trouble starting scenes?

Are you crashing? Getting an skse error?

You did not give anyone anything to go on. There's so many possibilities we can't even guess. Please elaborate more when asking for help. Describe the issue in detail.

Stating the equivalent of "it doesn't work" is useless.

5 minutes ago, SarielVailo said:

here are some photos im going to attempt to get papyrus and loot but it would be nice if a certain person was a little more helpful. im new at this and would like help

20211023164221_1.jpg

Have you installed and run fnis for users after installing fnis?

If you want creatures too, you also need to install fnis creatures from the fnis download page.

Can you describe more precisely what is the issue?

Have you tried to click that part of the screen with  "CLICK HERE" caption, located just below INSTALL/UPDATE SEXLAB one? (player has to be in 3rd person perspective BEFORE you open MCM menu)

Did you run FNIS for users generator at least once after adding any mod/pack that contains animations?

On 10/23/2021 at 3:28 PM, Hatoc123 said:

Still asking for help if you can give it

After playing for a while on a new save turns out its still crashing after a while of pressing the clean system button in sexlab If someone can help that would be appriciated I can provide anything you ask for game detail wise

1 hour ago, Hatoc123 said:

After playing for a while on a new save turns out its still crashing after a while of pressing the clean system button in sexlab If someone can help that would be appriciated I can provide anything you ask for game detail wise

Try going into a cell/room/area that has no other NPC's around, then press Clean System.  Are you familiar with "coc" commands at the console?  There is a cell named "unownedcell" that would be perfect for this.  Has nothing but a light and a chest and no doors or windows.  Getting back out is the trick, really.  I suggest returning to "GuardianStones", which is the Guardian Stones location just outside Helgen that has the 3 stones together (thief, mage, warrior).

1. coc unownedcell

2. clean system process in sexlab

3. reregister animations (don't forget to allow creature animations in SL MCM).

4. coc guardianstones

Suggestions for determining true reason for CTD:

1. Install NetScriptFramework (if you don't already have it)

2. After next CTD (or if you already have it installed), go to data\NetScriptFramework\Crash\ and open the most recent crash .txt file in the folder and see what is really going on.

If the error doesn't point you in the right direction to solve it, post the full crash file up here in a spoiler tag or as an attachment and ask for help.

14 hours ago, 4nk8r said:

Try going into a cell/room/area that has no other NPC's around, then press Clean System.  Are you familiar with "coc" commands at the console?  There is a cell named "unownedcell" that would be perfect for this.  Has nothing but a light and a chest and no doors or windows.  Getting back out is the trick, really.  I suggest returning to "GuardianStones", which is the Guardian Stones location just outside Helgen that has the 3 stones together (thief, mage, warrior).

1. coc unownedcell

2. clean system process in sexlab

3. reregister animations (don't forget to allow creature animations in SL MCM).

4. coc guardianstones

Suggestions for determining true reason for CTD:

1. Install NetScriptFramework (if you don't already have it)

2. After next CTD (or if you already have it installed), go to data\NetScriptFramework\Crash\ and open the most recent crash .txt file in the folder and see what is really going on.

If the error doesn't point you in the right direction to solve it, post the full crash file up here in a spoiler tag or as an attachment and ask for help.

That was a brilliant and logical answer but its still crashing and for some unknown reason its not even producing a crash log so list of steps of what I did.

1.loaded into save waited for all the usual stuff to load

2.then used coc to go to the unownedcell

3.did clean process

4.waited a bit in 3rd person

5.crashed

I do have all of slanim loader activated should it disable all the animations in there before cleaning it?

3 hours ago, Hatoc123 said:

That was a brilliant and logical answer but its still crashing and for some unknown reason its not even producing a crash log so list of steps of what I did.

1.loaded into save waited for all the usual stuff to load

2.then used coc to go to the unownedcell

3.did clean process

4.waited a bit in 3rd person

5.crashed

I do have all of slanim loader activated should it disable all the animations in there before cleaning it?

Possibly.  When you clean sexlab, it purges the animation registry, but afterwards it will re-register all the animations you have already flagged as enabled.  Perhaps you aren't using any animation loading fixes?  There is an animation limit for Skyrim SE that, without other plugins to fix it, can cause CTD when you exceed the limit.

Are you sure you have NetScriptFramework installed correctly and active in your game?  I've never seen it fail to produce a crash file.  It is a DLL and requires a special preloader to be used as it needs to load BEFORE SKSE does.

To get NetScriptFramework functional, you need to have the following items installed correctly:

SKSE Address Library: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/32444

NetScriptFramwork page: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/21294

SSE Engine Fixes Preloader (Part 2 of SSE Engine Fixes): https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/17230

If you're not using SSE Engine Fixes (Part 1), as well, you should be.  It has one method of fixing the animation limit (if that is even what is happening), plus it does other things to improve performance and stability.

11 minutes ago, 4nk8r said:

Possibly.  When you clean sexlab, it purges the animation registry, but afterwards it will re-register all the animations you have already flagged as enabled.  Perhaps you aren't using any animation loading fixes?  There is an animation limit for Skyrim SE that, without other plugins to fix it, can cause CTD when you exceed the limit.

Are you sure you have NetScriptFramework installed correctly and active in your game?  I've never seen it fail to produce a crash file.  It is a DLL and requires a special preloader to be used as it needs to load BEFORE SKSE does.

To get NetScriptFramework functional, you need to have the following items installed correctly:

SKSE Address Library: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/32444

NetScriptFramwork page: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/21294

SSE Engine Fixes Preloader (Part 2 of SSE Engine Fixes): https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/17230

If you're not using SSE Engine Fixes (Part 1), as well, you should be.  It has one method of fixing the animation limit (if that is even what is happening), plus it does other things to improve performance and stability.

I tried disabling those animations but it still crashed as for whether I have it installed properly yes I do since I actully tend to read peoples mod pages unlike some people who ignore the requirement section...anyway yeah still no crash file generated I'm really not sure whats causing this

3 hours ago, Hatoc123 said:

still no crash file generated

Are you sure you're looking in the right subfolder for the Netscript crash log text files? As @4nk8rsaid, it never fails to generate one as long as the crash occurs at some point after it is loaded, which is very early in the game launch process. My Netscript crash logs are in ...\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\NetScriptFramework\Crash\.

13 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

Are you sure you're looking in the right subfolder for the Netscript crash log text files? As @4nk8rsaid, it never fails to generate one as long as the crash occurs at some point after it is loaded, which is very early in the game launch process. My Netscript crash logs are in ...\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\NetScriptFramework\Crash\.

100% certain

image.png.6adad7aeeccacfd981f2a4740d9f8f3a.png

52 minutes ago, Hatoc123 said:

100% certain

image.png.6adad7aeeccacfd981f2a4740d9f8f3a.png

Go up 1 directory to just Data\NetScriptFramework\.  Does this contain more than just the Crash folder?  There should be several files in here, 3 DLLs, several .BIN files, some XML and PDB files, and a few .txt files...one of which is NetScriptFramework.log.txt.  What does that log.txt contain?

The folder should also contain NetScriptFramework.config.txt.  Have you made any changes to the config?

Edited by 4nk8r
32 minutes ago, sirgilly said:

Anyone know what the enable separate orgasm is sexlab mcm se actually does ( I use sexlab utility plus). I don’t see it’s function at all.

is this controllable or should show meters or something like the separate orgasm mod?

SexLab don't have UI and can't show those winget's by his own.

The option allow the actor have more than one orgasm on the same Animation if the Actors enjoyment and the Animation type allow it. Is if disabled the Actors will have just one Orgasm and just at the end of the Animation.

The SLSO Mod have the same objective but is more advanced and follow his own rules for the multiple Orgasms

25 minutes ago, OsmelMC said:

The option allow the actor have more than one orgasm on the same Animation if the Actors enjoyment and the Animation type allow it. Is if disabled the Actors will have just one Orgasm and just at the end of the Animation.

The SLSO Mod have the same objective but is more advanced and follow his own rules for the multiple Orgasms

out of curosity: 
can I somehow change actor enjoyment via script when a sex scene is already running?

for example can I send enjoyment updates to the PC in a scene that my mod started to make the PC orgasm multiple times with the option enabled but SLSO NOT installed? 

29 minutes ago, OsmelMC said:

Thank you. A couple of questions on this if you don’t mind. 

1.  Does this require any input from the user to increase enjoyment like slso, or it just naturally occurs?

2. Given the updates to both sexlab and utility plus recently, is the separate mod sexlab separate orgasm compatible with your mod so you think?

1 hour ago, 4nk8r said:

Go up 1 directory to just Data\NetScriptFramework\.  Does this contain more than just the Crash folder?  There should be several files in here, 3 DLLs, several .BIN files, some XML and PDB files, and a few .txt files...one of which is NetScriptFramework.log.txt.  What does that log.txt contain?

The folder should also contain NetScriptFramework.config.txt.  Have you made any changes to the config?

I have attacthed the log file in that folder and no I have not touched the config at all

NetScriptFramework.log.txt NetScriptFramework.config.txt

1 hour ago, Hatoc123 said:

I have attacthed the log file in that folder and no I have not touched the config at all

NetScriptFramework.log.txt 993 B · 0 downloads NetScriptFramework.config.txt 4.54 kB · 1 download

[25 Oct 2021 21:42:50.127] Unhandled native exception occurred at 0x7FFBCCB69F37 (PapyrusUtil.dll+9F37) on thread 15808!

Edit: Reinstall Sexlab 1.63 Beta 9 and do not let ANYTHING overwrite the papyrusutil.dll it provides.

Edited by 4nk8r
28 minutes ago, 4nk8r said:

[25 Oct 2021 21:42:50.127] Unhandled native exception occurred at 0x7FFBCCB69F37 (PapyrusUtil.dll+9F37) on thread 15808!

Edit: Reinstall Sexlab 1.63 Beta 9 and do not let ANYTHING overwrite the papyrusutil.dll it provides.

does that mean I should remove the papyrusutil thats already in the skyrim folder when I reinstall it?