SexLab SE - Sex Animation Framework v1.66b - 01/18/2024

1 hour ago, Junsevith said:

Hey i want to use this mod with strap on, but because i have installed custom body (edited with bodyslide) the default one does not fit well, it clips through body etc. I tried swapping the .nif files for ones used in flowergirls mod because their strapons work fine with bodyslide, but after that strapons (despite being good size) are too far behind character model. Does anyone have any ideas how to make these strapons fit?
Images ilustrating my problem
https://imgur.com/a/rw5Rjg7

Clam of Skyrim comes with a very good Strap-on BodySlide. But you can find more than one available

Check this https://www.loverslab.com/topic/158196-skyrim-se-sexlab-strapons-bodyslide/?tab=comments#comment-3218618

Edited by OsmelMC

Cheers guys, I've got a somewhat simple question.
For context, when initially setting up DD and SL i'd stumbled upon SexLab Light, which at the time I thought was what I needed. I can't even remember what the page on the forums was where I got it from but either way, Id prepped up my setup using SexLab Light. After noticing a plethora of issues especially while running Cursed Loot I went looking for answers and found the proper SexLab SE downloads. Got myself SexLab Beta 9, uninstalled Light with Vortex and installed and enabled Beta 9.
At this point I'd switched from Cursed Loot to using Defeat and TDF Aggressive Prostitution. Running the game on a new save Defeat actually worked flawlessly, which got me thinking Beta 9 was the missing link that caused Cursed Loot to go to shit.
So I reinstalled CL, disabled both Defeat and TDF and booted the game. Made a new save and struck the (at this point) eternal issue of "Unable to find valid default animations". After running into this blockage I went and fucked around with installing/uninstalling to a point where I can't even remember exactly what I did, but nothing is fixing the missing animations issue. Even Defeat and TDF run into this issue after Cursed Loot experienced it.

My question, then, is: do I require a full blown reinstall of SE so I can cleanly mod it in the correct way? Or would it be enough to purge any DD/SL related mods and their requirements and only reinstall those?

As a side-note, it was really odd how when I ran Defeat with Beta 9 after removing SL Light everything went well, yet as soon as I disabled Defeat and TDG and reinstalled Cursed Loot everything went to shit. Maybe something related to Cursed Loot might've fucked things up?

Thanks for ur time everyone and i'm sorry if what i'm explaining might be a bit hard to read through, it's 2 AM on a weekday, I've got work tomorrow, and I've been slaving over these issues for the past 8 hours. xd

@KirankiOL

The DD Mods have a lot of errors on the Scripts and even use SexLab functions that are deprecated even before the SexLab v1.62. Beside that the DD Mods should work fine with the SexLab BETA 9 (even better than with previous SexLab versions)

I got lost on your story and not sure what are your problemas. But I have few recommendations for you.

1. Since you previously install the the light version of SexLab that in my opinion should be purge from internet. Now you should execute the "Clean System" option on the SexLab MCM of the BETA 9 of course. To clean all the properties that may remain from the SexLab Light.

Make sure of be on 3rd Person Camera while you do that until the end, to ensure that all the Animation get registered.

2. After you install the DDi and the cursed loot, once be fully loaded on the saved game. You have to save the game and Load the saved Game again because the DDi don't get fully installed until the second time you load the game that is when he register his own Animations on the SexLab. That's probably the reason why he is unavailable to find valid Animations.

Also I don't know if you know but DDi don't have too many Animations so if you have too many devices equipped the required Animation may not existe.

You can send me the Papyrus.0.log if you keep having issues

By the way. Each time you uninstall, delete or disable a Mod you have to execute the ReSaver over the next saved Game because when you remove a mod the save always get corrupted

Edited by OsmelMC
3 hours ago, OsmelMC said:

By the way. Each time you uninstall, delete or disable a Mod you have to execute the ReSaver over the next saved Game because when you remove a mod the save always get corrupted

Even with ReSaver, your savefile is likely to get corrupted. It's better to NEVER remove mods during a playthrough, and only update mods that were designed to be safely updated.

ReSaver is nice, but avoiding the need for it is even better.

23 hours ago, JustLove518 said:

In Game, when using the sexlab debuff (target) spell on any npc, the camera goes into third person for a split second, but neither my character nor the npc "do" anything, they don't even merge either.

Assuming that "sexlab debuff (target) spell" actually means "sexlab debug (target) spell," Ashal has made it abundantly clear that the Debug spells are

NOT

to be used to initiate SexLab scenes. Install Matchmaker and use those spells to initiate scenes.

I keep running into an issue with not being able to masturbate, my character doesn't need to find a stranger to fuck every time she wants to relieve tension. Im using aroused and I hold N and it says that Sexlab animation isnt working and says -1

Someone needs to teach this girl how to use her hands.

7 hours ago, OsmelMC said:

@KirankiOL

The DD Mods have a lot of errors on the Scripts and even use SexLab functions that are deprecated even before the SexLab v1.62. Beside that the DD Mods should work fine with the SexLab BETA 9 (even better than with previous SexLab versions)

I got lost on your story and not sure what are your problemas. But I have few recommendations for you.

1. Since you previously install the the light version of SexLab that in my opinion should be purge from internet. Now you should execute the "Clean System" option on the SexLab MCM of the BETA 9 of course. To clean all the properties that may remain from the SexLab Light.

Make sure of be on 3rd Person Camera while you do that until the end, to ensure that all the Animation get registered.

2. After you install the DDi and the cursed loot, once be fully loaded on the saved game. You have to save the game and Load the saved Game again because the DDi don't get fully installed until the second time you load the game that is when he register his own Animations on the SexLab. That's probably the reason why he is unavailable to find valid Animations.

Also I don't know if you know but DDi don't have too many Animations so if you have too many devices equipped the required Animation may not existe.

You can send me the Papyrus.0.log if you keep having issues

I've tried going thru the steps you've mentioned but still run into the same issue. I'm gonna attach my papyrus log here. It logs both my attempt at fixing things on a pre-existing save as well as a new game I've started. Perhaps you'll find what's wrong, I couldn't exactly tell what's happening. In the meantime I'll uninstall then reinstall all SL and SL related content to see if that fixes anything.

Ill also attach the SL Debug log so you can see the line it outputs when failing to play animations, maybe that'll help troubleshooting. Thank you again for taking the time to give me a hand.

Papyrus.0.log SexLabDebug.0.log

8 hours ago, markdf said:

Even with ReSaver, your savefile is likely to get corrupted. It's better to NEVER remove mods during a playthrough, and only update mods that were designed to be safely updated.

ReSaver is nice, but avoiding the need for it is even better.

Yes but the Mods are addictive like the drugs.

5 hours ago, KirankiOL said:

Update: it didnt fix anything xd Even after reinstalling any and all SL related content the problem persists sigh

The log said that you don't have any "FF" tagged Animation.

1. Check the last page of the SexLab MCM and make sure that you have animations registered. If Not, reset the Animation Registry while you are in 3rd Person Camera.

2. You can enable the option to allow female Actors on Male positions (Female use Strapons) but better install some lesbian Animations

Hey guys, I've been having a problem with Sexlab. During oral sex scenes, my character won't open her mouth. It'll stutter open for a second every once in a while, then snap back closed to a neutral expression and stay like that. Any ideas for how to fix this? I'm at a dead end in troubleshooting and I can't figure it out. When I test expressions in Sexlab they work just fine, they just won't play properly in the actual scenes.

All kinds of gags from Devious Devices modify the expressions appropriately, so in some cases they are being modified. But not correctly during oral sex scenes.

Edited by Marajade
20 hours ago, Underskor said:

I keep running into an issue with not being able to masturbate [...] Someone needs to teach this girl how to use her hands.

If not her hands per se, whatever's handy...

2VFaHgl.jpg

:classic_biggrin: ?

Edited by Vyxenne
On 8/28/2021 at 8:14 PM, OsmelMC said:

The PapyrusUtil that comes with the SexLab BETA 9 is new and can't be override by any other version not even the last one released.

This is not the first time I have read statements (over a span of several years) implying that PapyrusUtil and SexLabUtil (in Betas 8 and lower) were one and the same and to always use whichever one is newer, which was PapyrusUtil for most of the life span of Beta 8 ... and yet, when I advised someone a few months ago to use the newer PapyrusUtil (overwriting SexLabUtil from Beta 8 ) instead of the older version of SexLabUtil that was included in Beta 8, Ashal told me that was wrong and that users must install both SexLabUtil AND PapyrusUtil. Again, this was before Beta 9 was released and was specifically about Beta 8.

Now this post, which implies again that the two are essentially one and the same and to use whichever ONE (UNO, EIN, UN) is newer- in this case, the otherwise unreleased version that is included in Beta 9. To say that this makes my head spin (shut UP, @Grey Cloud :classic_tongue: ) is an understatement.

Truly, the most egregious fault of all of the SexLab Framework releases over the years is the complete lack of any authoritative documentation where users can find it. Now, faced with a new Beta 9 which is (apparently) so incompatible with Beta 8 (not to mention DD and many similar dependent mods) that complex, drastic measures are required to update from Beta 8 to Beta 9, those complex, drastic update procedures are not explained on the download page, but instead are scattered among several random posts by Osmelmc and Ashal over a period of several weeks.

I'm all for self-help: users should take responsibility for their own modded game installations and do their "due diligence" research to (try to) understand what they are doing and follow mod author instructions carefully when they do it. But when there are no coherent, concise author instructions, and a poor site search engine making it next to impossible to zero in on the dozen or so posts containing critical nuggets that, if missed, stand a really good chance of not only disabling SLF but bricking our games too...

... I'm sticking with the next-to-last Dev version I got from GitHub a couple of months ago ("Beta 8.5?" :classic_wacko: ) for now. It fixes many bugs, adds new functionality (the "chance of stripping 0%-100%" adds an always-welcome element of unpredictability- "Is he gonna rip my skirt off or just fuck me under it?" :classic_biggrin: ) and incorporates some of the fixes and features of Osmelmc's SexLab fix/tweak mod (can't remember the name of it atm). I think I have the last version of SexLab Framework that updates from Beta 8 easily, conventionally, mid-playthrough, without any complex workarounds or gotchas. It just does a Todd™ for me.

Edited by Vyxenne
Because goofy editor keeps converting "(Beta 8)" to an unwanted smiley face with shades
7 minutes ago, MyHaFa said:

well, it shoud happen once. I got "?" at "SKEE64" but looks like everything works fine, but still interesting why could this happen?

Probably because you was on First Person Camera. Some variable can be accessed only while you are on 3rd Person Camera

3 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

What it needs is a sanity clause.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_Sy6oiJbEk

Now that's classic (and highly appropriate in this case) !! first time I ever see anyone quote Marx Brothers for anything, on any Forum or the like. Glad to see some people haven't forgotten them, they were brilliant and ahead of their time, and still funny as hell today :)

Edited by YojimboRatchet
2 hours ago, MyHaFa said:

Nope, i use 3rd person usually, and changed camera few times

Well, if you open the SexLab MCM while you are in first person. Some of the requirements will say "?", but that's not the only possible reason.

The important thing is that be working. Even if the requirements report a "?" I usually don't care because I know that some things can cause the "?" and only matters is something is not working. That's why is a "?" instead of a "X".

The GitHub version already have all the required fixes waiting for being approved and compiled. Including the issue with the 3rd person camera and the default Animations. By the way the 3rd person camera still is required but now will be forced just before be required. And the auto install process will wait until you be unbound after the cart scene of the start of the game (for the Alternative Start is when you leave the cell). Of course the user still can manually run the installation at any moment under his considerations.

Hey guys, I'm still having a problem with Sexlab handling 'expressions' correctly. During oral sex scenes, my character won't open her mouth. Any ideas for how to fix this? I'm at a dead end in troubleshooting and I can't figure it out. When I test expressions in Sexlab they work just fine, they just won't play properly in the actual scenes.

All kinds of gags from Devious Devices modify the expressions appropriately, so in some cases they are being modified. But not correctly during oral sex scenes. I'm not sure how to go about troubleshooting from here. The rest of the mod seems to be functioning correctly. Any advice would be appreciated!

1 hour ago, Marajade said:

Hey guys, I'm still having a problem with Sexlab handling 'expressions' correctly. During oral sex scenes, my character won't open her mouth. Any ideas for how to fix this? I'm at a dead end in troubleshooting and I can't figure it out. When I test expressions in Sexlab they work just fine, they just won't play properly in the actual scenes.

All kinds of gags from Devious Devices modify the expressions appropriately, so in some cases they are being modified. But not correctly during oral sex scenes. I'm not sure how to go about troubleshooting from here. The rest of the mod seems to be functioning correctly. Any advice would be appreciated!

Install the BETA 9 if is not installed already and remove all the Patch and fixes you may have for the previous version because they are not longer compatible. Also make sure of remove any Mod related with the SexLab OpenMouth.

If you are using Mods like "Conditional Expression" check my Tweaks for the Patch. Without the Patch that Mod will override the SexLab Expressions of the actor.

Finally go to the "Advanced OpenMouth and LipSync Configuration" option that is on the "Expression Editor" page of the SexLab MCM and adjust the OpenMouth Phonemes. The OpenMouth Phonemes should be fine at lease something got wrong with the installation. You can test the OpenMouth Expression with any of the test options of the "Expression Editor" page test it out of the Animation and adjust the advanced configuration at your taste.

If still don't work after all that you can use the "Clean System" option of the SexLab MCM and as last resource send me the "Papyrus.0.log" file