SexLab SE - Sex Animation Framework v1.66b - 01/18/2024

I have an issue with the PC never blinking and being basically emotionless during non-sex and during sex scenes (NPCs are fine). Sometimes the eyes are closed after a sex scene and stay closed until some point in time.

Could this be an issue with SexLab or something else?

I have installed MFG FIX (and a couple of other expression related mods) and tested with its commands, but the expression always is stuck at "07 Mood Neutral 50" no matter what I try (for example "mfg expression 8 50" etc.).

Spoiler

mfg.jpg.b8bafbcfd4decdd902f77659c635c9f6.jpg

Edited by Gudulba
8 hours ago, Gudulba said:

(and a couple of other expression related mods)

That's usually the problem. Most of the Mod that change the Player Expressions usually interfere and override the SexLab Expressions. The only Expression Mod compatible and even recommend for the SexLab are the Mods that change the TRI files. Basically if the Expression Mod come with scripts, have 90% of chance of be incompatible with SexLab at lease be patched.

Also never use the "MFG plus".

By other side I suppose you have the Expression system enabled. If not, please enable it enabling on the "Animation Settings" page the "Apply Facial Expressions", the "Play Lip Sync Animation" and the "Auto Refresh Expression"  options. And make sure that the Expressions on the "Expression Editor" page are enabled and with more than 2 phases for each gender.

23 hours ago, Koomongous said:

Just enabling beta 9 and disabling beta 8 will probably work, but do it in the 'coc qasmoke' room.

Most mods should work fine with Beta 9 but some will need to be updated if they replace any scripts which have been changed. You can use Notepad++ with the compare plugin to manually compare the script files.

Patches for animation fixes? Idk what that refers to.  SLAL and the Engine Fixes animation limit remover still works, but the 2000 slot patch might not work properly. It may function but the script it affects has been changed so you may lose some new sexlab functionality. 

Don't know which mod you want but probably Sexlab Utility Plus, but just in case.

Sexlab Utility Plus :

Sexlab Utility Mod :

thanks for the reply and in trying to answer some of the questions. SUM i already have and use. it was the Sexlab Utility thingy i guess i was trying to find and not having luck, since it was being mentioned in here a lot lately.

the animation question was more along the lines of all the expression and animation fixes and patches over the last while that have been "mandatory" from DD fixes to sexlab ones to MFG Fix. now i only heard about MFG fix not working apparently, but other mods also use this, so i don't understand the issue and want to know if any other items like this would have issues with Beta 9.

the other things didn't really answer my questions but thank you for trying nonetheless :)

i'll wait i guess and hope they get answered soon so i can start installed my 100+ mods and play again

14 hours ago, OsmelMC said:

That's usually the problem. Most of the Mod that change the Player Expressions usually interfere and override the SexLab Expressions. The only Expression Mod compatible and even recommend for the SexLab are the Mods that change the TRI files. Basically if the Expression Mod come with scripts, have 90% of chance of be incompatible with SexLab at lease be patched.

Also never use the "MFG plus".

By other side I suppose you have the Expression system enabled. If not, please enable it enabling on the "Animation Settings" page the "Apply Facial Expressions", the "Play Lip Sync Animation" and the "Auto Refresh Expression"  options. And make sure that the Expressions on the "Expression Editor" page are enabled and with more than 2 phases for each gender.

Thank you for your valuable input!

What I have just found out by chance: when going into RaceMenu with showracemenu, the PC blinks just fine and I can modify the expressions with the slider. After exiting, the PC still blinks and I can modify the expessions with "mfg expressions ..." and also SexLab expressions work fine.

Then when going back to a save made before entering RaceMenu, the PC is again expressionsless. And when loading the save made after having entered RaceMenu, everything is fine (luckily).

Does that make sense? What has RaceMenu got to do with the expressions?

It seems that maybe at some point in time, the expressions may stop working again. Because I have been in RaceMenu from time to time to change the PC's hair. That should have made the expressions work again.

FYI, the update of SE Sexlab from beta8 to beta9 broke the SE version of Naked Defeat.  SE Naked Defeat works fine with beta8, but doesn't function properly with beta9.  See the SE Naked Defeat forum for more details.

I don't know if there is a bug in beta9, or if something needs to be done to SE Naked Defeat to make it work with whatever changes got introduced in beta9.

FNIS isn't picking up any of the sexlab animations - I've ran it through Vortex with the correct target destination, etc. I feel like I'm missing something really obvious here!

Edit: Fixed it! The vortex pathway was /steamapps/common/skyrim special edition/data/FNIS Behaviour SE 7.6 instead of /skyrim special edition/data/tools/GenerateFNIS_for_Users

Edited by drzedburg
6 hours ago, Jenny_Summers said:

FYI, the update of SE Sexlab from beta8 to beta9 broke the SE version of Naked Defeat.  SE Naked Defeat works fine with beta8, but doesn't function properly with beta9.  See the SE Naked Defeat forum for more details.

I don't know if there is a bug in beta9, or if something needs to be done to SE Naked Defeat to make it work with whatever changes got introduced in beta9.

I am reading the same issues, apparently Naked Defeat and some other defeat types mods are having issues with Beta 9.

7 hours ago, Jenny_Summers said:

@YojimboRatchet The problem with the Defeat Mods is that almost all they have more than one error on the scripts. In this case is about timing and if bad not remember that bug on the Naked Defeat has fixed some time ago. 

Ask @Nymra about the fix is using.

Edited by OsmelMC
20 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

Is there a change log somewhere please?

On GitHub. But instead of read one log, have to check every one of the commits on the pulls since the BETA 8.

Resuming:

Fix all the scripts errors reported on the Papyrus log and the 99% of those reported by the users around the year's.

Enhance the sort actor's and creatures functions and add new ones that Sort the actor and Creatures based on the Animation gender and race distribution.

The Animations now support transgender actor's and multiply creature types on the same Animation.

Enhance the Actor Alignment with more accurate scale detection and add the "Humanoid" profile to adjust all the no creatures Races as one. 

Enhance a bit the immersion adding a FadeToBlack on the parts that looks odd and can't be enhanced and with more intuitive ragdoll at the end.

Enhance the Bed detection that now besides disable the bed for the sandbox use, also try to use the nearest bed and detect if one of the actors already is using a bed.

Enhanced the Bed alignment and allow manually configure it for each animation on the "Animation Editor" page selecting the profile "Animation" that is just before the "Global".

Enhanced the LeadIn system between many other things preventing that the LeadIn Animation be played as foreplay and again in the same scene as standard animation. Allow set a cool down time between LeadIn Scene and prevent leading scenes on situations where don't fit.

Enhanced the Striping system allowing configure a random chance of striping for each item. Now also allow the Actors keep dressed if all the animations on the Animation list have the "LimitedStrip" Tag and the body slot is disabled for both genders on the LeadIn Striping configuration.

Enhanced the CACHE System and add a option on the SexLab MCM to force the Cleaning of the CACHE in case be necessary.

You can compare the file "SexLabFramework.psc" with the one of the previous version for more details since the file has been updated with all the new functions.

13 hours ago, Jenny_Summers said:

False alarm.  Sorry!  I took more care in re-rerunning FNIS, starting new games, etc.,  and now both beta8 and beta9 are OK on my PC.   I put more info in the Naked Defeat forum.

5 hours ago, OsmelMC said:

On GitHub. But instead of read one log, have to check every one of the commits on the pulls since the BETA 8

Thanks.

Last December, Ashal said...

I could add to SexLab a function for starting a scene that is immune to other mods interfering with it, such as DD's filter. That way only the mod starting the animation has control over what happens with it. 

I was hoping to see that feature. Any chance of it? This would be a solution to the current problem where... Mod asks Sexlab to play scene... scene gets its animations changed when DD has no business with said scene. It would let the calling mod get what it expects.

7 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

Thanks.

Last December, Ashal said...

I could add to SexLab a function for starting a scene that is immune to other mods interfering with it, such as DD's filter. That way only the mod starting the animation has control over what happens with it. 

I was hoping to see that feature. Any chance of it? This would be a solution to the current problem where... Mod asks Sexlab to play scene... scene gets its animations changed when DD has no business with said scene. It would let the calling mod get what it expects.

Nop. Just the old SetForceAnimation. Few changes are being done around the function but none with that objective.

19 hours ago, OsmelMC said:

@YojimboRatchet The problem with the Defeat Mods is that almost all they have more than one error on the scripts. In this case is about timing and if bad not remember that bug on the Naked Defeat has fixed some time ago. 

Ask @Nymra about the fix is using.

Thanks, I was only sharing information I had been reading that day, just an FYI. I can't install anything right now since no one has really answered my questions as of yet on Beta 9, so I am passing time researching new mods, and trying to learn how to create customer console commands to take advantage of the nexus mod that came out not long ago.

2 hours ago, YojimboRatchet said:

I can't install anything right now since no one has really answered my questions as of yet on Beta 9,

What is the question?

I read the comment but I can't understand what you want to know. Or at lease what questions are without answer.

Edited by OsmelMC

Not sure why but with the latest SexLabFrameworkSE_v163_BETA9 whenever I switch the characters positions using the += hotkey, one of the characters begins to do the air hump animation. Resetting the animation using either [ , ] or += hotkeys doesn't fix the problem, neither does switching the animation completely.

Edit: Nvm, SLPrivacy was causing the problem. Removed that mod and its working again.

Edited by Limited Edition

Thank you for this! And apologies if this has been asked and answered already (I searched fot he answer but couldn't find it), but is it still advisable to let the latest Papyrusutil overwrite the latest version of the Sexlab Framework?

Edit: spelling.

Edited by vinnievonka
12 hours ago, Limited Edition said:

Not sure why but with the latest SexLabFrameworkSE_v163_BETA9 whenever I switch the characters positions using the += hotkey, one of the characters begins to do the air hump animation. Resetting the animation using either [ , ] or += hotkeys doesn't fix the problem, neither does switching the animation completely. I didn't have this problem with beta8. I started a new game for beta9 btw.

That happens when another mod take control over the actor.

Send me the Papyrus log.

5 hours ago, vinnievonka said:

Thank you for this! And apologies if this has been asked and answered already (I searched fot he answer but couldn't find it), but is it still advisable to let the latest Papyrusutil overwrite the latest version of the Sexlab Framework?

Edit: spelling.

Not in this case because the PapyrusUtil included on this version of SexLab is a new version and isn't released yet. So the latest version is the one that comes with the SexLab BETA 9 and not the other.

In case of doubt y always check modifications date of the DLL files and use the Mod with the newest DLL.