SexLab SE - Sex Animation Framework v1.66b - 01/18/2024

OK, it's looking more and more likely that it's the travel that's the issue. I turned off the "Disable Starting Teleport" option and it hasn't happened for 6 or 7 animations, where before I could get it to happen within 2. Still weird that I never noticed it before. I don't think I'd turned that option off before.

On 1/12/2018 at 9:23 PM, Ashal said:

Beta build is for Skyrim Special Edition only

More details on the version/beta coming later when I have more time. For now, I just want to get the beta out there for testing. So here it is.

Non-SE users will likely have to wait until release for 1.63. I have no plans right now to release a non-SE version of the beta.

Requirements: 

Changes since 1.62:

• Added a caching system to animation searches
  • Increased animation slots to 750, decreased voice/expression slots to 375.
  • A new scaling fix that finally solves the issue with some actors/creatures randomly changing sizes when animating (enabled by default)
  • (partially implemented) a new hook system for developers that don't work on events, allowing them to fully complete their hook function before the thread continues. Solves some sync issues with more complicated or timing sensitive hooks.
  • Some other stuff I'm surely forgetting because it's been a long time.

Beta 2 Hotfix:

• Updated SexLabUtil.dll and PapyrusUtil.dll to the new version of SKSE  (2.0.7)
  • Removed references to Oldrim scripts (NiOverride and MfgConsoleFunc) to fix compile issues
  • Some minor tweaks here and there

Beta 3:

• Updated SexLabUtil.dll and PapyrusUtil.dll to the new version of SKSE  (2.0.8)
  • Fixed most of the slowdown at animation startup
  • Fixed disabled animations still getting used for awhile afterward
  • Some minor tweaks here and there

Beta 4:

• Updated SexLabUtil.dll and PapyrusUtil.dll to the SKSE 2.0.10

Beta 5:

• Updated SexLabUtil.dll and PapyrusUtil.dll to the new version of SKSE  (2.0.11 or 2.0.12)
    • Skyrim SE, version 1.5.62 only
  • Re-added all high heel options in the MCM.

Beta 6:

• Updated SexLabUtil.dll and PapyrusUtil.dll to the new version of SKSE  (2.0.15)
    • Skyrim SE, version 1.5.73 only

Beta 7:

• Updated SexLabUtil.dll and PapyrusUtil.dll to the new version of SKSE  (2.0.16)
    • Skyrim SE, version 1.5.80 only
  • Re-enabled HDT Heels detection
  • A few minor bug fixes

Beta 8:

• Updated SexLabUtil.dll and PapyrusUtil.dll to the new version of SKSE  (2.0.17)
    • Skyrim SE, version 1.5.97 only

Known Issues:

• Animations take longer to start than normal right now.

Other Notes:

• Animation packs from non-SE version have to have their animations converted to 64 bit in order to work. This can be easily automated and done quickly by the pack developers.
  • All existing basic mods should work as is as far as I know. As long as they don't require any other SKSE plugins that haven't yet been converted. This means Devious Devices and its mods won't work until DD gets its SKSE plugin updated.
  • I haven't fully tested a lot of the plugin in SE beyond making sure basic functionality works. So submitting bug reports are critical here.

Download:

FULL Beta 8 Archive:

UPDATE for beta 7 to beta 8:

Old version:

1 hour ago, oneidax@live.com said:

My sexlab framework seems to be missing PapyrusUtil.dil and SexLabUtil.dil. I downloaded sexlab framework v 1.63 but it's not working. Can someone please help me?

Download it harder.

(in all seriousness, verify you're downloading the full file, not just the update one, and check if the download/install completes properly, I can't think of other reasons for getting missing files, antivirus interrupting the install perhaps? I doubt it tho).

Not the best place to ask, maybe, but is there a way of automatically making the PC transparent (AKA into a ghost) when the animation starts and then solid again when it ends? I have seen items (a helm from LotD and a potion from the barrow east of Ivarstead) that apply this visual effect to the player, but was wondering if it could be made automatic when the animation starts. Or if anyone knows of an existing mod that does this, could they simply direct me there. I've tried searching LL, but so far found nothing.

soon i get into the Game Nothing shows up,  
Could someone please tell me what can be the Reason, when i have SexLab Framework SE 1.63 - BETA 8 - November   installed all correct with

^_^  if anyone can help out ^_^

On 4/13/2021 at 7:42 PM, Vyxenne said:

Yes, that would be my suggestion as well. No need to use Google Search, where the Sexlab chunk of Github is the very first result...

Github Sexlab Google.png

That would be too easy, right? And (*shivers in horror at the thought*) it would deprive you of another opportunity to whine...

So yeah, by all means, search all of GitHub and let us know how tedious and annoying you are the process is.

Interesting. While those two words did give me the same link, I don't see "About 40,000 results (0.68 seconds)" Instead, I see "About 25,900 results (0.40 seconds)". Some reason I am getting a third fewer results than you are. Makes me wonder if what I typically look for ends up lost in the 1/3rd extras that others see which I do not. I've noticed a similar thing on LL and Nexus when doing a search. Often I can only find a known mod if I jump around on related links. The search engines (Google, LL and Nexus) don't seem to be showing me all the results. And before you ask, I don't have any filters enabled for any of the three search engines.

However, what I was actually referring to was the mass of fruitless wandering that would result if I went to the site first and then randomly clicked on links trying to find the mod. That is usually what I end up having to do and github is a huge server. It is the method I had to use to find THIS forum. The LL search engine does NOT find this mod or this forum for me. Which is odd considering that probably 95% of the mods on LL require it in some way.

Another problem is that that first github link takes you to a page which lists the files in the mod, but aren't in any type of easily downloadable zip. Good to see if you are wondering what is in it, but you have to manually download two thousand 200k (average) files and then manually install each of them. So while yes, Google did give me that same result, I am not sure if I want to spend the month or two locating, downloading and installing each of them. Thank you, but I guess I will just do without until a new public version is released.

I just NOW saw this reply 12 days later by scrolling backwards through the forum a bit. If there are notifications for new or replied messages, I am not seeing those. Another way that LL is messed up I guess.

21 minutes ago, Emrek said:

Interesting. While those two words did give me the same link, I don't see "About 40,000 results (0.68 seconds)" Instead, I see "About 25,900 results (0.40 seconds)". Some reason I am getting a third fewer results than you are. Makes me wonder if what I typically look for ends up lost in the 1/3rd extras that others see which I do not. I've noticed a similar thing on LL and Nexus when doing a search. Often I can only find a known mod if I jump around on related links. The search engines (Google, LL and Nexus) don't seem to be showing me all the results. And before you ask, I don't have any filters enabled for any of the three search engines.

However, what I was actually referring to was the mass of fruitless wandering that would result if I went to the site first and then randomly clicked on links trying to find the mod. That is usually what I end up having to do and github is a huge server. It is the method I had to use to find THIS forum. The LL search engine does NOT find this mod or this forum for me. Which is odd considering that probably 95% of the mods on LL require it in some way.

Another problem is that that first github link takes you to a page which lists the files in the mod, but aren't in any type of easily downloadable zip. Good to see if you are wondering what is in it, but you have to manually download two thousand 200k (average) files and then manually install each of them. So while yes, Google did give me that same result, I am not sure if I want to spend the month or two locating, downloading and installing each of them. Thank you, but I guess I will just do without until a new public version is released.

I just NOW saw this reply 12 days later by scrolling backwards through the forum a bit. If there are notifications for new or replied messages, I am not seeing those. Another way that LL is messed up I guess.

Click the code button, click the download zip option seems to work

That said you would probably just be better using the version on the first post of this thread until ashal makes it offical

5 hours ago, Emrek said:

You have a very weird concept of how to surf the World Wide Web. You don't need to search hundreds of pages on a forum thread for updates on a file. You don't need to go through 40k or 60k of results to find what you really want, most of the times that stuff is in the first page of results. Sure, this website's search function isn't very convenient, that's why most people get by using google or other search engines. A simple "<mod name> + loverslab" is enough to find any mod if you know part of the name. For other searches you can skim through the download sections or check the pinned threads in each major forum section (ex. for sexlab mods, you go to "Downloads - Sexlab Framework SE" and check the pinned thread and you find this post). For SE mods in particular there are two threads listing nearly every mod made or compatible with SE from here (blue links in my signature or find them as pinned threads).

About github: learn to navigate the website or ditch the idea of using dev builds, you don't need to anyways.

Forum notifications: there are, you just need to configure your forum account so you receive exactly the kind of notifications you want to see. In the top bar click in your user name, select "Account Settings" and find the "Notification Settings" option, there you can enable/disable different notifications. And again, this is part of learning to use the features of the website you're using.

About your other request for transparency: closest thing would be apply the spectral-like effect from the spells/item you mention and tie it as an effect for when SL animations start in SL Triggers (try googling "loverslab SL triggers"). Weirdly enough this is an option in the framework for Oblivion, but I don't recall seeing it implemented in the same way for this framework. So you'll have to look around a bit to implement it yourself.

On 4/24/2021 at 12:22 PM, ruddycray said:

OK, it's looking more and more likely that it's the travel that's the issue. I turned off the "Disable Starting Teleport" option and it hasn't happened for 6 or 7 animations, where before I could get it to happen within 2. Still weird that I never noticed it before. I don't think I'd turned that option off before.

Some mod must be trying to take the control of the actor when the scene is starting and probably the time lost on the walking increase the chance of the incompatibility.

3 hours ago, osmelmc said:

Some mod must be trying to take the control of the actor when the scene is starting and probably the time lost on the walking increase the chance of the incompatibility.

Not sure. After I cut down to a minimal mod list, the only mod that really does anything that I've had running other than SexLab is my own, and the only thing it would possibly be doing is to start a SexLab scene. But that wouldn't be happening when it's the player involved, because the actors involved never start scenes with the player without some dialogue first. If trying to start scenes with other actors who are involved in a different SexLab thread at the same time could be causing the issue, then that could possibly be it, but there again I haven't had any reports from players experiencing this issue. It just started happening for me a couple of days ago, and I rolled back my mod to an earlier version just to be sure that there wasn't anything I added recently that might have been to blame.

So if it's something in my mod, then it's been there for a long time, and I've just been lucky not to see it before now. While I can't rule that out, it doesn't seem like the most likely explanation to me, either.

23 hours ago, Just Don't said:

You have a very weird concept of how to surf the World Wide Web. You don't need to search hundreds of pages on a forum thread for updates on a file. You don't need to go through 40k or 60k of results to find what you really want, most of the times that stuff is in the first page of results. Sure, this website's search function is very inconvenient, that's why most people get by using google or other search engines. A simple "<mod name> + loverslab" is enough to find any mod if you know part of the name. For other searches you can skim through the download sections or check the pinned threads in each major forum section (ex. for sexlab mods, you go to "Downloads - Sexlab Framework SE" and check the pinned thread and you find this post). For SE mods in particular there are two threads listing nearly every mod made or compatible with SE from here (blue links in my signature or find them as pinned threads).

I just didn't think of leaving the site in order to search the site. Seems backwards.

There is already a search engine here so I figured, albeit incorrectly, that the best search engine for a site would be the one connected to the site. LL's search and nexus' search would be instantaneously updated to show new files and give access to all of it, but Google might have restricted access (eg. paywall, agewall) and only poll every few days or weeks. And now it seems that Google is only showing me 65% of the results other people are seeing (missing 7 out of every 20).

Still, I guess it is another search. Maybe using both might be better to find stuff.

Fortunately, to find this thread is fairly easy since, as I said, so many mods here require it. One of them is bound to have a link. But the search engine itself does not.

About github: learn to navigate the website or ditch the idea of using dev builds, you don't need to anyways.

It wasn't my idea to do anything with github. That was Vyxenne's idea. I never go there unless I am following a download link.

Forum notifications: there are, you just need to configure your forum account so you receive exactly the kind of notifications you want to see. In the top bar click in your user name, select "Account Settings" and find the "Notification Settings" option, there you can enable/disable different notifications. And again, this is part of learning to use the features of the website you're using.

Notifications are enabled, just not reliable. Email notifications (which I never check) are turned off, however.

About your other request for transparency: closest thing would be apply the spectral-like effect from the spells/item you mention and tie it as an effect for when SL animations start in SL Triggers (try googling "loverslab SL triggers"). Weirdly enough this is an option in the framework for Oblivion, but I don't recall seeing it implemented in the same way for this framework. So you'll have to look around a bit to implement it yourself.

As I mentioned, there is a ghost helm in Legacy of the Dragonborn that applies this effect. Conceivably you could add this effect to the female "nude suit" so that any time it is equipped so too would the ghost effect. AFAIK that suit is only equipped during a sex scene and would not apply if you simply took everything off. I have done zero experimenting with the nude suit so I am not sure how to adjust that suit to comply with the various CBBE or UNP bodies or bodyslide presets.

EDIT: I did a small bit of experimenting with the Nude Suit and ended up with an invisible body; a faintly visible outline layer of dirt and blood; and fully visible hands, feet and head. Looked like it was a missing body texture. I guess that I did not have a body built for it. Generically it worked, but hard to see in certain lighting. The body itself though is equipped and unequipped as I thought it would be. So that is a step in the right direction.

21 hours ago, Emrek said:

I've noticed [search failures] on LL and Nexus when doing a search. Often I can only find a known mod if I jump around on related links. The search engines (Google, LL and Nexus) don't seem to be showing me all the results.

[...]

The LL search engine does NOT find this mod or this forum for me. Which is odd considering that probably 95% of the mods on LL require it in some way.

[...]

The LL search function is notoriously dysfunctional. I can't find the SexLab Framework page either via LL search. I have found that the most reliable and productive search function on LL is an external Google search- I can find SexLab Framework easily with Google- search terms "loverslab sexlab framework" unearths it instantly while the LL search function does not.

I have set a couple of bookmarks for LoversLab pages that help me find other stuff. Primarily, the SSE Compatibility page, which has links for pretty much everything, and the SSE "What-is-where-is" page where I get and provide help in finding obscure (or older defunct) mods. There is also a comprehensive SexLab-Mods-Index-type page, but I can't find it at all unless someone links it, primarily because I don't know the name of it and hence can't search for it. I have managed to see it once in the past 5 years when someone linked it in one of the threads I follow.

I have not experienced any search problems on the Nexus whatsoever. Their notifications system is completely broken, but their search works great, 100% effective and informative, faithfully providing mod names and links based on any words or word fragments entered. I always start on the SSE Nexus Mod Categories page instead of the "popular this week" or whatever those overhype pages are all about.

The difference between your Google results and mine (20,000 "missing" hits) is probably due to restrictions placed on Google by some government censor agency in your country/region.

I realize that you can't possibly be giving serious thought to the need to download "thousands of files" to obtain the Dev version of SexLab from Github. I understand that you're not that much of an idiot, but are simply exaggerating the alleged difficulty to defend your initial failure to use Google Search to find the GitHub SexLab page. I get that.

I suppose you could do it that way, downloading thousands of files one at a time over a week-long marathon ... :classic_wacko: ... or you could simply click the big green  Code  button and download the installable zip archive with a single clicky like everybody else.

SexLab GitHub DL Linky.png

Your call. :classic_biggrin:

On 4/24/2021 at 8:19 PM, oneidax@live.com said:

My sexlab framework seems to be missing PapyrusUtil.dil and SexLabUtil.dil. I downloaded sexlab framework v 1.63 but it's not working. Can someone please help me?

Per @Ashal, SexLabUtil and PapyrusUtil are both required to run SexLab Framework. SexLabUtil is included with the SexLab Framework mod, and you will also need to get the latest version of PapyrusUtil and let it override (give it priority over) SexLabUtil when your mod manager asks for your guidance during the installation.

1 hour ago, Vyxenne said:

SexLabUtil is a (2-3-year-old) version of PapyrusUtil that was included with SexLab Framework 1.63 b8. You do not need to install both. 

Wrong. SexLabUtil has functions separate from PapyrusUtil and both are required to run the framework. The latest version of both plugins are always included in the latest download of SexLab.

You should however still install PapyrusUtil separately and let it overwrite everything, as some other mods (such as simply knock and frostfall) include outdated version of it.

17 hours ago, ruddycray said:

Not sure. After I cut down to a minimal mod list, the only mod that really does anything that I've had running other than SexLab is my own, and the only thing it would possibly be doing is to start a SexLab scene. But that wouldn't be happening when it's the player involved, because the actors involved never start scenes with the player without some dialogue first. If trying to start scenes with other actors who are involved in a different SexLab thread at the same time could be causing the issue, then that could possibly be it, but there again I haven't had any reports from players experiencing this issue. It just started happening for me a couple of days ago, and I rolled back my mod to an earlier version just to be sure that there wasn't anything I added recently that might have been to blame.

So if it's something in my mod, then it's been there for a long time, and I've just been lucky not to see it before now. While I can't rule that out, it doesn't seem like the most likely explanation to me, either.

The mod in question don't have to be related with SexLab, in fact is more common on mods unrelated with SexLab then those with SexLab dependency.

In the case of the player, many Mods try to apply Idles on the player Actor under some conditions and besides the defaultState idle, the idles that don't allow you walk while are applied are the same that interrupt the SexLab scene.

At less two of the Mods I use, come with that issue on his old versions.

45 minutes ago, osmelmc said:

The mod in question don't have to be related with SexLab, in fact is more common on mods unrelated with SexLab then those with SexLab dependency.

In the case of the player, many Mods try to apply Idles on the player Actor under some conditions and besides the defaultState idle, the idles that don't allow you walk while are applied are the same that interrupt the SexLab scene.

At less two of the Mods I use, come with that issue on his old versions.

I understand, but what I mean is that I didn't have any other mods installed. The complete mod list I had installed was SKSE64, SexLab, XPMSE, CBBE, FNIS XXL and Creature Pack, RaceMenu, and my mod. I don't know of anything those mods do that is like what you're suggesting, but if you know of anything I'd of course be willing to see if I can resolve the issue by doing something with one of them.

That suggests to me that one of the following is the most likely explanation:

1. A change to my mod caused the problem. I believe I have ruled that out completely by rolling all the way back to the first version of my mod that included the parts where I'm observing the problem, and I still see it happen.

2. My mod always had this problem, and I'm just seeing the effects now. I can't say this is impossible, but I would also expect someone to have said something about it by now, or for me to have seen it before now, when I consider how often it is happening now. I'm keeping my mind open that it's still a possibility. I just don't necessarily think it's likely.

3. SexLab has an issue that comes up intermittently but for some reason is getting triggered really often for me now. I'm also a little skeptical that this is the correct explanation, because even if the issue were in SexLab itself, I should be able to pinpoint something I did recently that would trigger it, and I can't. What keeps this possible for me is that I saw it happen when I was playing Enderal, but only once, though of course there's a lot more going on there, and the situation you describe with something else trying to do something to the player is much more likely there. I can't completely rule it out, though.

4. Something has happened on my PC to cause this, and it survived a reinstall. I tried to rule this out by switching mod managers and deleting everything I could find related to mods. I'll have to see about trying this on a different PC if I can, but there would be a lot of variables involved there.

Firstly, great job, this is truly amazing.  Secondly, I am not sure if it is this mod or not that has been causing my particular issue but it seems that the sex roles have been reversed (i.e. my male character trying to give a female NPC a blowjob).  I have tried uninstalling, re-installing mods, resetting to default settings, but to no avail are the sex roles correct.  I have also updated everything to most current as of yesterday, and am fairly new to this level of modding. Do you have any thoughts?

1 hour ago, crazyape13 said:

Firstly, great job, this is truly amazing.  Secondly, I am not sure if it is this mod or not that has been causing my particular issue but it seems that the sex roles have been reversed (i.e. my male character trying to give a female NPC a blowjob).  I have tried uninstalling, re-installing mods, resetting to default settings, but to no avail are the sex roles correct.  I have also updated everything to most current as of yesterday, and am fairly new to this level of modding. Do you have any thoughts?

By convention, when an animation has a list of actors, the females go at the beginning of the list, then males after, then creatures. But SexLab doesn't enforce that - it's up to a mod to decide to follow that, as well as up to the animation to use the right position for the right actor.

So if you have those kinds of problems then it's very likely (a) whatever mod you're using to trigger the scene is not doing so in a way that properly respects the sexes, and/or (b) whatever animation expects the males and females to be in different places than they usually go.

37 minutes ago, tasairis said:

By convention, when an animation has a list of actors, the females go at the beginning of the list, then males after, then creatures. But SexLab doesn't enforce that - it's up to a mod to decide to follow that, as well as up to the animation to use the right position for the right actor.

So if you have those kinds of problems then it's very likely (a) whatever mod you're using to trigger the scene is not doing so in a way that properly respects the sexes, and/or (b) whatever animation expects the males and females to be in different places than they usually go.

I have a feeling that it is the Zaz Anim mod but have done everything to reset it.  When I select various NPCs, they all show up as male, regardless of their true identity.  Can't change their gender within the mod but can through SL.

I was working in another topic and found a solution that corrects this issue.  SL Eager NPC's has quite a few customization's and can overwrite the genders.  A bit of a roundabout way of fixing it but works nonetheless, and gives better gameplay for relationships.

8 hours ago, Ashal said:

Wrong. SexLabUtil has functions separate from PapyrusUtil and both are required to run the framework. The latest version of both plugins are always included in the latest download of SexLab.

You should however still install PapyrusUtil separately and let it overwrite everything, as some other mods (such as simply knock and frostfall) include outdated version of it.

Wow, sorry for the misinfo and thanks for the correction. :classic_blush: I edited my initial response to make sure nobody else trips over it.

13 hours ago, crazyape13 said:

In addition to the other suggestions by other people, I recently discovered that SL Inflation Framework will also determine a character's gender. I am not sure if load order matters, but I suspect that it does. Regardless, if you have this mod installed check

SLIF -> Config -> Actor -> Gender

and make sure it is set to the role you want the PC (mine is [00000014]) or NPC to play. The Actor must be set first since the nested Gender setting will be for whomever is selected as the Actor.

Also uncheck SLIF -> Toggles -> "Treat males as females in Sexlab" as this could be another reason why your guys are blowing you.

Mine recently was messed up in a similar way to yours and took me a while to track down the cause after checking every setting in every mod. SLIF is relatively new addition to my load order so I didn't  immediately realize it had a gender setting. If you have checked these or don't have SLIF, you might want to look for a similar settings in other mods. 

18 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

I have not experienced any search problems on the Nexus whatsoever. Their notifications system is completely broken, but their search works great, 100% effective and informative, faithfully providing mod names and links based on any words or word fragments entered. I always start on the SSE Nexus Mod Categories page instead of the "popular this week" or whatever those overhype pages are all about.

I don't go to any particular page to start a search on Nexus. There is a search field at the top of every mod page and once any results appear, I modify the results. Doesn't mean that I can find everything though. Fortunately, on Nexus a mod's Requirements and Required By are active links so if I need to find something I can look for what I think is related. I often have to do the same thing on LL except that the requirements are static text.

Also Vortex can search all mods for updates with a single click and is set up to bring you directly to a previously installed mod's Nexus page.

These are things that LL severely lacks. I have taken on the habit of pasting the LL URL into the mod description panel in Vortex so I don't have to search again. The program doesn't use this URL in any meaningful way (and seems purposely set up not to), but since I know it is there I can easily copy/paste it back into an empty browser to find the LL mod or manually check for updates.

Btw, examples of LL's search failures are Skyrim StrapOns UNP and SexLab Inflation Framework SE, neither of which show up and can only be found by checking other mods for links. You could probably find these easily.

18 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

I realize that you can't possibly be giving serious thought to the need to download "thousands of files" to obtain the Dev version of SexLab from Github. I understand that you're not that much of an idiot, but are simply exaggerating the alleged difficulty to defend your initial failure to use Google Search to find the GitHub SexLab page. I get that.

I suppose you could do it that way, downloading thousands of files one at a time over a week-long marathon ... :classic_wacko: ... or you could simply click the big green  Code  button and download the installable zip archive with a single clicky like everybody else.

I did not realize what that button did. For some reason I thought it was a sort order for the list. Most download buttons/links are right on top with the word "download" instead of being hidden in a pull-down menu.

And no, I was not seriously considering downloading all 2041 files individually and manually installing them. But since I didn't see any way to download them all as a zip (or 7z, rar, etc) that would have been the only option available. The page looked more like a list of what files were in the mod rather than a place to download them.

(btw, SL163b8 has 2041 files, I assume this version would be similar.)