SexLab SE - Sex Animation Framework v1.66b - 01/18/2024

53 minutes ago, beanman2122 said:

Alrighty, So I downloaded Sexlab SE light and enjoyed it, but after a bit I decided to switch over to Beta 8. The issue is, Beta 8 claims that my FNIS install is faulty, indicated by the "?" next to creature idle and framework idle when trying to activate it ingame. What I dont understand is: Why would it work fine with Sexlab Light but not with Beta 8? That would indicate Sexlab beta 8 is faulty, right? or do you need to install FNIS in some special way to get it to work? I am sorry if someone else has the same problem and it has been resolved, but I did not find someone with the same circumstance, I reinstalled FNIS following closely to a video on how to install it, but it still does not work.

1. Just in case, Sexlab light has nothing to do with this release. You should completely remove SL light if you intend to use this beta release. Just mentioning this to save you troubles if you thought it was possible to "upgrade" from SL light to this beta. And also to clarify there is no point in making comparisons here. SL light was a fine option when there was no skse64 and MCMs, things available nowadays. The only reason I see for someone using SL light is to have a very basic and limited setup with SL features. For 99% of the mods requiring SL, you need the full framework.
  2. The "?" warnings are soft checks, the tooltip in the MCM says so (see first screenshot in the spoiler below). It should only be a concern if you have frozen characters, T-poses or similar animation issues.
  3. It is possible to get all checks properly detected, see second screenshot. It takes some time for the menu to display that info. I suspect the way a save is started has something to do with this. Starting a new game with SLAL gives me all checks in OK, while starting a new game with Skyrim Unbound or starting from the main menu with a coc riverwood command gives me two ? checks. If I keep playing in these saves the ? checks are gone and everything is OK according to the MCM, like I say it takes a while.
Spoiler

21253.jpg.fbfed24c19eeba4ed76465fa1ddb8031.jpg

image.png.20b60bc828a422f90452a6afdb8eb609.png

39 minutes ago, Vyxenne said:

The effect I'm trying to find illuminates the whole body. Bodies. Group. Anyway, it is adaptive- it turns on only during scenes, and also depending on the ambient lighting (need-based activation). I honestly thought it was part of SL.

Sounds a lot like SL light me up, the mod SpyVsPie linked some replies above. Oh you already saw it (:

56 minutes ago, DragonkingKyo said:

this doesn't need UIExtensions mod for it's mods like Skyrim LE/regular right? as my Skyrim SE completely rejects it

Is it listed in the requirements for Sexlab? No, not even in Sexlab for LE. If at some point you needed UIExtensions it was for another mod, so check your other installed mods in case you're missing it or other requirements.

And UIExtensions works fine in SE, you just need to use the SE version.

On 4/8/2021 at 9:35 PM, Vyxenne said:

Yay! *clap, hop, squeal* Glad you got it fixed! :classic_heart:

If SkyUI keeps throwing Error Code 1 (SKSE64 not installed) you can pretty much take that to the bank- your SKSE64 installation is deficient somehow. And don't be fooled by the getskseversion console command or the SKSE64 note at the bottom of the Skyrim Main Screen- those functions check only a dll (1 of 3 SKSE64 binaries) and report its version number, but the command ignores the scripts, ~62 of which should be installed in Data\Scripts.

Here is my boilerplate on how to get SKSE64 installed correctly (hint: Vortex will install it automatically for you now- just drag-n-drop the SKSE64 archive into the "Drop files here" area at the bottom of the Mods tab) AND how to launch the game to avoid the adversity of stuff not working (hint: don't ever touch the Bethesda "Mods" link because it disables SkyUI- use an actual Mod manager *cough*Vortex*cough*  )

Installing SKSE64

Reveal hidden contents

NOTE- To install SKSE64 manually, follow Steps 2 & 3, extract the 7z archive to your desktop, then do Step 7, Skip 8 & 9 because the archive already has a Data folder there with the Scripts in it, do Step 10 and finally paste the copied Data folder + 3 files into your Skyrim Special Edition folder (NOT the Data folder!)

1. Launch Vortex and wait for it to load and stabilize

2. Download the correct version of SKSE64
Game  / SKSE64
1.5.97 / 2.0.19*
1.5.97 / 2.0.17
1.5.80 / 2.0.16
1.5.73 / 2.0.15
1.5.62 / 2.0.12
1.5.53 / 2.0.10
1.5.50 / 2.0.8
1.5.39 / 2.0.7
1.5.23 / 2.0.6
1.5.16 / 2.0.5
1.5.03 / 2.0.4
*NOTE: several users, including me, have experienced a CTD on load with SKSE64 2.0.19. If that happens to you, reverting to 2.0.17 is likely to fix it.

3. Save the downloaded SKSE64 7z archive anywhere you can easily find again, such as your desktop

UPDATE! With Vortex versions 1.2.12 and above, Vortex will install SKSE64 for you automatically via a new extension. Follow the instructions in this video:

After installing SKSE64 per the above video, ignore steps 4-15 and skip to Game Launch Procedures below!

4. Drag the SKSE64 7z archive into the "Drop Files" area at the bottom of Vortex's Mods pane

5. Click to "Install" the archive and wait while Vortex unpacks the archive, but do not allow it to enable or deploy the mod

6. Right-click the extracted SKSE64 mod in Vortex's Mods pane and click "Open in File Manager"
SKSE2.JPG

7. Double-click to open the archive's folder named the same as the archive itself- "skse64_2_00_xx" where "xx" is the last 2 digits of the version number

8. Right-Click and select "New" and "Folder." Name the new folder "Data."

9. Move (Drag & Drop) the archive's existing "Scripts" folder into the new "Data" folder

10 Ignore the "src" folder and the 2 txt files and multi-select (Ctrl+Click) the archive's Data folder and 3 files - two dll's and one exe - and Copy them (Ctrl+C)
49156178033_e8bfd17751_o.png

11. Move up one level to the top level of the 7z archive and paste (Ctrl+V) the folder and 3 files into the top level of the 7z archive

12. Confirm that you have a Data folder plus 2 dll's and 1 exe file in the top level of the 7z archive, then delete the "skse64_2_00_xx" folder and close the 7z archive file (click the red X-square in the top-right corner of the File Manager window) and Vortex will save the new archive

13. Double-click the mod in Vortex's Mods display to open the Mod Details pane- you can edit the name, version, category etc. but it is not required

14. Click the right side of the "Mod Type" dropdown to open it, then select "dinput"
49470999642_056ff8eec4_o.png

15. Enable and Deploy SKSE64 to complete the installation into your game, secure in the knowledge that it will be child's play when it comes time to uninstall it for a future version change

Game-launch procedures

Reveal hidden contents

*You can eliminate this restriction by adding Skyrim.esm as a Master to SkyUI_SE.esp

• Right-click the new copy of skse_loader.exe in your Skyrim Special Edition folder
  • Select "Send to" then "Desktop (create shortcut)"
  • Manually launch Steam (if it is not already running) using the Steam shortcut >>>NOT<<< skse64_loader.exe.
  • With Steam already running, double-click your new skse_loader.exe shortcut to launch SSE
  • Later, when Vortex tells you there have been external changes and asks for guidance, be sure to select "Save All Changes" so Vortex does not undo what you just did
  • Never again use the Mod handler of the vanilla game launcher because it will disable SkyUI_SE*
  • Always and forevermore make sure Steam is already running before you launch SSE via skse64_loader.exe

For more info on SkyUI Error Codes, please see the SkyUI Troubleshooting Page.

i don't use vortex i use mo2, so I'm guessing i cant use this mod unless i use vortex?, because I don't think i installed skse wrong unless there's a different way to install it other then drooping it into the skyrim directory?, idk i don't know what to do.

6 hours ago, Just Don&#x27;t said:
  1. Just in case, Sexlab light has nothing to do with this release. You should completely remove SL light if you intend to use this beta release. Just mentioning this to save you troubles if you thought it was possible to "upgrade" from SL light to this beta. And also to clarify there is no point in making comparisons here. SL light was a fine option when there was no skse64 and MCMs, things available nowadays. The only reason I see for someone using SL light is to have a very basic and limited setup with SL features. For 99% of the mods requiring SL, you need the full framework.
  2. The "?" warnings are soft checks, the tooltip in the MCM says so (see first screenshot in the spoiler below). It should only be a concern if you have frozen characters, T-poses or similar animation issues.
  3. It is possible to get all checks properly detected, see second screenshot. It takes some time for the menu to display that info. I suspect the way a save is started has something to do with this. Starting a new game with SLAL gives me all checks in OK, while starting a new game with Skyrim Unbound or starting from the main menu with a coc riverwood command gives me two ? checks. If I keep playing in these saves the ? checks are gone and everything is OK according to the MCM, like I say it takes a while.
  Reveal hidden contents

21253.jpg.fbfed24c19eeba4ed76465fa1ddb8031.jpg

image.png.20b60bc828a422f90452a6afdb8eb609.png

Sounds a lot like SL light me up, the mod SpyVsPie linked some replies above. Oh you already saw it ?

Well turns out my SKSE install was wonky, thanks for the help though.

49 minutes ago, GreaseHole said:

i don't use vortex i use mo2, so I'm guessing i cant use this mod unless i use vortex?, because I don't think i installed skse wrong unless there's a different way to install it other then drooping it into the skyrim directory?, idk i don't know what to do.

Follow the steps in this vid to install skse. He's got MO2 and Vortex instructions, although i didn't go that far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKmSSpod69w

I will also extract the skse download and zip up the scripts folder, and install that into MO2 as a mod. That way you can see what's overwriting the scripts, if anything. But that's the old method of installing it with MO2.

3 hours ago, Just Don&#x27;t said:

Is it listed in the requirements for Sexlab? No, not even in Sexlab for LE. If at some point you needed UIExtensions it was for another mod, so check your other installed mods in case you're missing it or other requirements.

And UIExtensions works fine in SE, you just need to use the SE version.

when I install it(using Vortex) it says incompatible with Skyrim Special Edition saying it was make for Skyrim(2011) and when ignoring it and trying to play the game the game never opens Also I am using what is suppose to be the SE version that I got from Nexus. which one are you using that works and where did you get it?

3 hours ago, GreaseHole said:

I'm guessing i cant use this mod unless i use vortex?

Noooooo! I just said that because Vortex installs SKSE64 automatically with a single click and no manual intervention whatsoever as detailed in several YT tutorials.

3 hours ago, GreaseHole said:

unless there's a different way to install it other then drooping it into the skyrim directory?

Why, yes- yes, there is. There are actual correct locations for all ~65 of the SKSE64 files.

It doesn't matter how you install SKSE64- manually or via Vortex, and maybe via MO2 too (I don't use it so idk) the key is to get it installed correctly. It's not difficult- the binaries go into your Skyrim Special Edition folder, and the scripts go into your Data\Scripts folder.

Srsly, there are MANY SKSE64 installation guides online, and I posted one on your OP above a couple of nights ago (bright pink headlines). Apparently, you can't be bothered to follow a guide? I'm kind of at a loss how you could imagine that just "drooping it into the Skyrim directory" was the way to install it, especially considering that there is no "Skyrim" directory in SSE. :classic_wacko:

Not knowing something is fine, all of us have millions of subjects about which we know nothing. However, asking for help and then refusing to follow the help given is not fine. If you are unwilling to follow an installation guide, perhaps you should not be modding Bethesda games.

Is there an updated version of this mod? SexLabFrameworkSE_v163_BETA8 came out over 3 years ago. Seems that if a new update were to happen it would have by now.

As a side request, are there any tutorials for searching LL for files? Seems that the search function is messed up and not giving me reliable results. For instance it sends me to a forum where it's talked about instead of a page where the file and any updates are located. I never like scrolling backward through a 235+ pages of a forum to see if anyone posted a link to an updated file (and no, the first post is NEVER a sticky with the most recent version). More often the search results (eg. "Sexlab AND Framework AND SE") gives me nothing. I only managed to find this forum by following a link from another mod. Got to be an easier way. Even nexus has a better search engine.

3 minutes ago, Emrek said:

Is there an updated version of this mod? SexLabFrameworkSE_v163_BETA8 came out over 3 years ago. Seems that if a new update were to happen it would have by now.

As a side request, are there any tutorials for searching LL for files? Seems that the search function is messed up and not giving me reliable results. For instance it sends me to a forum where it's talked about instead of a page where the file and any updates are located. I never like scrolling backward through a 235+ pages of a forum to see if anyone posted a link to an updated file (and no, the first post is NEVER a sticky with the most recent version). More often the search results (eg. "Sexlab AND Framework AND SE") gives me nothing. I only managed to find this forum by following a link from another mod. Got to be an easier way. Even nexus has a better search engine.

This thread is probably the easiest way to find stuff

Along with this one for mods that werent originally made for SE

16 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

Noooooo! I just said that because Vortex installs SKSE64 automatically with a single click and no manual intervention whatsoever as detailed in several YT tutorials.

Why, yes- yes, there is. There are actual correct locations for all ~65 of the SKSE64 files.

It doesn't matter how you install SKSE64- manually or via Vortex, and maybe via MO2 too (I don't use it so idk) the key is to get it installed correctly. It's not difficult- the binaries go into your Skyrim Special Edition folder, and the scripts go into your Data\Scripts folder.

Srsly, there are MANY SKSE64 installation guides online, and I posted one on your OP above a couple of nights ago (bright pink headlines). Apparently, you can't be bothered to follow a guide? I'm kind of at a loss how you could imagine that just "drooping it into the Skyrim directory" was the way to install it, especially considering that there is no "Skyrim" directory in SSE. :classic_wacko:

Not knowing something is fine, all of us have millions of subjects about which we know nothing. However, asking for help and then refusing to follow the help given is not fine. If you are unwilling to follow an installation guide, perhaps you should not be modding Bethesda games.

i have been following guides, and i have been listing to what your saying so i don't know why your getting mad for. but as I said nothing is working, INCLUDING YOUR ADVICE, but I'm going to keep trying i guess? at worse i can switch back to sexlab lite, i have gotten the animations to work so that's a start lol

and yes i put the binaries into the Skyrim Special Edition folder, and the scripts into the Data\Scripts folder. that's literally the first thing I did, I installed skse many times before and had little problems till now, its only this mod that's causing trouble. but if there's any other solutions let me know.

1 hour ago, GreaseHole said:

i don't know why your getting mad for

Because your posts after I gave you a detailed guide indicated that you did not follow that guide.

1 hour ago, GreaseHole said:

i put the binaries into the Skyrim Special Edition folder, and the scripts into the Data\Scripts folder.

OK, cool. I had no way of knowing that since your posts directly stated otherwise.

The only difficult part about installing SexLab Framework is making sure you have the right 3 or 4 prerequisites, all of which are listed on the first page of this thread. Those prerequisites and SexLab Framework itself are drag-n-drop-then-click-once-to-install procedures in Vortex. I have no idea how to do it in MO2 but based on my limited, brief experience with it a few years ago, installing all of the SL-related mods will be more difficult, more complex and less intuitive with MO2 than it is with Vortex.

The good news is that there are plenty of helpful MO2 users here.

2 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

based on my limited, brief experience with it a few years ago, installing all of the SL-related mods will be more difficult, more complex and less intuitive with MO2 than it is with Vortex.

Not sure here, obviously I'm biased due to my familiarity with MO2. But installing mods from this website isn't anything more than getting the zipped file, pressing a button (the install mod from local file type) and follow the install process (press OK/Next/Install if there are any settings/installer). The rest is the usual verify the mod is enabled, sort loadorder, run any relevant tool, etc. I don't think any mod manager is exempt from  these tasks.

4 hours ago, GreaseHole said:

and yes i put the binaries into the Skyrim Special Edition folder, and the scripts into the Data\Scripts folder. that's literally the first thing I did, I installed skse many times before and had little problems till now, its only this mod that's causing trouble. but if there's any other solutions let me know.

If you're starting the game through MO2 using the SKSE executable, your SKSE install is correct and you installed Sexlab and it's other requirements, there shouldn't be any problem here. That's a lot of ifs and your posts don't reveal much detail.

Getting sexlab to work is not hard nor involves any special steps. But perhaps you're trying to bite more than you can chew and you're skipping some trivial thing on the way. My advice: check the basics. Disable all your mods in MO2, get only Sexlab and it's requirements enabled, run any required tool (LOOT, FNIS) and see if you can go in game without receiving warning or error messages. Once you're sure that work you can enable your other mods, verifying you got all their requirements and yada yada, all these repetitive tasks you have to do for every mod you intend to use. Like I said nothing special.

8 hours ago, pinky6225 said:

This thread is probably the easiest way to find stuff

Along with this one for mods that werent originally made for SE

Thanks, this is closer to what I was looking for. Not sure why LL itself cannot do this itself and why a 3rd person list had to be made. Maybe it is because LL is using a forum server to run a file server. This list might be helpful for other mods. Thank you.

Unfortunately, following the link/thread on that list just brought me back to *this very forum* and I still have to search through the 235+ pages on my own to discover if there is an updated version of this mod. It would be faster than using LL's search engine to get me into the approximate location but only cause someone else already bypassed locating the forum for me.

So again, is there an updated version of this mod beyond the January 5th, 2018 (40 months ago) version of SexLabFrameworkSE_v163_BETA8?

Just want to start by saying thank you for the work on the mod conversion but I am having issues with the mod working.

Every time I load into game I receive a popup stating that I am using an outdated version of Skyrim that I need version 1.9.32.  After looking around the end consensus is that I'm trying to use a oldrim version of the mod but I'm not, I am using the one found in this thread.  (SexLabFrameworkSE_v163_BETA8).

I don't see how I can F up a click and drag into vortex but I guess I did somehow.  any advice outside of reinstallation and rereading of the how to install?  (I should state that I am using this in Skyrim VR...  most mods from special edition work in the VR edition) 

Also sorry for poor forum etiquette. I don't spend a lot of time on forums and I am just looking for some advice or a point in the right direction.  any help is extremely welcome :)

19 hours ago, Emrek said:

is there an updated version of this mod beyond the January 5th, 2018 (40 months ago) version of SexLabFrameworkSE_v163_BETA8?

Yes. There's a dev version on Github. Work is ongoing daily. You could read about it in the thread... but oh wait, I forgot, there're too many pages for you to bother with reading any of them.

Nothing has been released yet. Anyone who looks at the first page of this thread can see that every new release carries an incremented "Beta x" digit, and that all releases are on the first page, not scattered throughout the thread as you implied, so it's easy (for most people) to instantly see that Beta 8 is the latest release.

Why all the angst over a new version? Is there something in particular you want SL to do that it's not currently doing, or vice-versa? If so, it would really be more productive to list those things in this thread instead of insistent hammering (and yammering) about "40 months old" and complaining about the crappy search dysfunction on LL- there's a different thread for that, anyway.

I'm just asking because I don't understand the fad of judging mods not on features and how well they're working, but solely on time since last update with no actual clue what, specifically, you want added, subtracted or fixed. Why the aversion to a mod just because it hasn't been updated in a while? So what? What is it about "New! Updated! Shinies! Functionally identical but recompiled with one misspelled word corrected just to force the CRC to change!" that is so crucial it becomes the only important characteristic of the mod to you?

Even mod authors have lives. I know! Sometimes doo-doo occurs and their lives interfere with their mod-writing activities. People ragging on them about it is not helpful and, if it has any effect at all, is likely to dissuade them from doing any further work for such an ungrateful, entitled audience.

There will be a new version when there's a new version. Please either help or shut up.

4 hours ago, Panthro12 said:

Every time I load into game I receive a popup stating that I am using an outdated version of Skyrim that I need version 1.9.32. 

You have apparently installed the Oldrim version of SexLab Framework into your SSE game, and it is (correctly) asking for the only version of Skyrim that it will work with: 1.9.32, which is an Oldrim build.

You should probably uninstall SexLab and try again with the version on the first page of this thread: SexLab Framework SE 1.63 Beta 8.

Hello,

*** WARNING ***

A major problem found in SexLab Framework that causes the destruction of backups after a certain time.

--> long term saves become unplayable.

See on discord ( Wabbajack #sse-licentia-support) : https://discord.gg/wabbajack

From cacophony :

"It's not the sex animations that make the game unstable, it's misfiring SexLab Aroused cloak scripts.

Scripts themselves are not detrimental unless they are badly coded or fail to terminate.
In the case of Aroused, however, it adds a variable to every human in the game game that it checks every 30 seconds.
In a properly coded scripting engine this wouldn't be an issue, but Papyrus is fragile it seems.
Saves, reloads, or drops in FPS can cause a script to fail to terminate and remain active on your save.

The accumulation of these leads to crashing, buggy features and even an inability to load."

"Every time you come near someone
They are assigned a number from 1 - 100 how aroused they are
Every 30 - 120 seconds this number changes for everyone around
Every time you come back to someone you met before, the number is recalcuated

So you can imagine"

2 hours ago, mikaramos123 said:

Hello,

*** WARNING ***

A major problem found in SexLab Framework that causes the destruction of backups after a certain time.

See on discord ( Wabbajack #sse-licentia-support) : https://discord.gg/wabbajack

From cacophony :

"It's not the sex animations that make the game unstable, it's misfiring SexLab Aroused cloak scripts.

Scripts themselves are not detrimental unless they are badly coded or fail to terminate.
In the case of Aroused, however, it adds a variable to every human in the game game that it checks every 30 seconds.
In a properly coded scripting engine this wouldn't be an issue, but Papyrus is fragile it seems.
Saves, reloads, or drops in FPS can cause a script to fail to terminate and remain active on your save.

The accumulation of these leads to crashing, buggy features and even an inability to load."

"Every time you come near someone
They are assigned a number from 1 - 100 how aroused they are
Every 30 - 120 seconds this number changes for everyone around
Every time you come back to someone you met before, the number is recalcuated

So you can imagine"

Honestly, it just seems fear mongering. First Aroused is not Sexlab Framework, it is an additional plugin. Second Aroused by itself is not a problem like that comment wants to paint. Yes, if you pile up mods that use cloaks like Aroused, Wet & Cold, Footsteps, AllGUD and similar you will put a heavy strain on Papyrus and tank your FPS.

12 hours ago, Emrek said:

Thanks, this is closer to what I was looking for. Not sure why LL itself cannot do this itself and why a 3rd person list had to be made. Maybe it is because LL is using a forum server to run a file server.

To my knowledge this is one of the few mods uploaded directly into a forum thread. Most mods can be found in the Downloads section, which has categories for different games and subcategories for mod types. All these files are connected to a forum thread specific for that mod (the "support thread" of each mod). But you shouldn't need to go through the hundreds of pages in any of these threads. Now, for this particular case we're talking about the Sexlab Framework, the mod in which 90% of the adult Skyrim mods rely. If you were to need a new version it should be quite known already, not an obscure finding you have to make for yourself. And like Vyxenne said the 1.63 beta 8 is the latest beta released here. If you feel adventurous you can get the dev build from github, but why would you? That involves further searching and reading that is not asked from users who wants to just use the beta available here, conveniently mentioned in the thread title and found attached at the end of the first post.

6 hours ago, mikaramos123 said:

*** WARNING ***

That reminds me of how Sexlab Aroused works, not this framework. Also there is Sexlab Aroused Redux which should avoid the usage of cloaks to assign/detect arousal levels. So that's outdated info and almost sounds like a poor justification for not knowing how to make a stable modlist.

11 hours ago, mikaramos123 said:

See on discord ( Wabbajack #sse-licentia-support)

8 hours ago, arshesney said:

Honestly, it just seems fear mongering. First, Aroused is not Sexlab Framework, it is an additional plugin. Second, Aroused by itself is not a problem like that comment wants to paint

5 hours ago, Just Don't said:

That reminds me of how Sexlab Aroused works, not this framework. Also there is Sexlab Aroused Redux which should avoid the usage of cloaks to assign/detect arousal levels. So that's outdated info and almost sounds like a poor justification for not knowing how to make a stable modlist.

The more I see from this Wabbajack guy, the less confidence I have in the whole project.

Last night I read a statement on a Wabbajack mod page stating that the Steam overlay "messes with ENBs."

• What does "messes with" mean, exactly? Stops them from loading? Turns everything green? CTD on farting?
  • Which ENBs? The binaries, affecting all ENB Preset mods? Just ENB Preset mod "X" and ENB Preset mod "W?"
  • How would I know if my ENB was being "messed with?" I turned my Steam overlay off and tested with my new Re-Engaged ENB- there was no visible difference whatsoever. So I turned it back on so I can continue to take screenshots for which I can set an output folder of my own choosing

I call bullshit on Wabbajack.