SexLab SE - Sex Animation Framework v1.66b - 01/18/2024

14 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

SexLab Light is completely incompatible with SexLab 1.63 Beta8, and so are (most?) mods that use SexLab Light, so no "updating" is possible. You have to uninstall SexLab Light and install SexLab 1.63 Beta 8, and you will have to do the same thing with (most?) of your installed mods that require/use SexLab Light.

The only easy way to uninstall mods is to have been using a mod manager when you installed them. :classic_wacko: NMM still works, Vortex is a much better solution (it even installs SKSE64 automatically), and of course there is always MO2 which requires a PhD in Complex and Surprisingly Unintuitive Software to use. The primary advantage to using a mod manager instead of trying to do it manually is that mod managers "remember" each and every stray file installed by a particular mod or utility so that you, the user, can actually completely uninstall the mod. Without a mod manager, the only way to find all of the files installed by a particular mod is to open the archive and take an inventory of all of its files, then try to find each of those files individually in your game folders to delete them. This can take hours and hours (don't ask me how I know this) and will have you throwing objects at your monitor before you find them all. Mod managers remember each file and can uninstall any mod cleanly and automatically.

Running a mod setup manually means you must physically overwrite conflct-losing files with the conflict-winning files, which is generally an unrecoverable faux-pas if you suddenly have an "awshit" moment. With Vortex and MO2, nothing gets overwritten- they resolve conflicts per your instructions by overriding conflict losers, a technique which allows you to change your mind and revert the override any time you want to, and if you uninstall the conflict winner, the previously-overridden file automatically becomes the active file. You simply can't do that with manual mod management.

And finally, whether you do it manually or with a mod manager, uninstalling mods and then continuing to play on a savegame that was created with those mods installed is inherently risky (thanks, Todd.) Even worse, the issues created by uninstalling mods may not show up immediately, but instead lurk in your savegames for months until one day, months or even years after you had uninstalled the mods whose names you have long since forgotten, your 400-hour game will crash, or refuse to load any recent savegame, and it will not be possible to figure out why.

TL;, DR: If you uninstall mods, especially scripted or dll or SKSE-dependent mods, just start a new game, and use Vortex to manage your new game's mods.

<stand by for the obligatory rant by someone who manages a 500-plugin load order manually and contradicts everything I said above>

thanks yes i started to remove all traces from sexlab light and removed all mods who where working with sexlab light and installed the new version the only problem i have so far is that when animation triggers it looks like pc is locked up but it will eventually trigger the animation but this only happens when pc is involved if an npc vs npc trigger it plays correctly.

Any idea what could cause the lockup when player character is involved ?

I don't use mod managers(only Wrye Bash for load order) and I do just fine. It ain't that hard.

Remove(delete) Sexlab Light files. Don't forget animations.

Run FNIS. And FNIS must not report any kind of errors.

Install Sexlab.

Run FNIS. And FNIS must not report any kind of errors.

SLAL to activate extra animations.

Don't forget FNIS.

Its usualy: body mesh, skeleton, animation, run FNIS. This would cover 9 out of 10 "skyrim doesn't work" cases.

On 3/31/2021 at 5:50 AM, D_ManXX2 said:
On 3/30/2021 at 3:34 PM, Vyxenne said:

SexLab Light is completely incompatible with SexLab 1.63 Beta8, and so are (most?) mods that use SexLab Light, so no "updating" is possible. You have to uninstall SexLab Light and install SexLab 1.63 Beta 8, and you will have to do the same thing with (most?) of your installed mods that require/use SexLab Light.

The only easy way to uninstall mods is to have been using a mod manager when you installed them. :classic_wacko: NMM still works, Vortex is a much better solution (it even installs SKSE64 automatically), and of course there is always MO2 which requires a PhD in Complex and Surprisingly Unintuitive Software to use. The primary advantage to using a mod manager instead of trying to do it manually is that mod managers "remember" each and every stray file installed by a particular mod or utility so that you, the user, can actually completely uninstall the mod. Without a mod manager, the only way to find all of the files installed by a particular mod is to open the archive and take an inventory of all of its files, then try to find each of those files individually in your game folders to delete them. This can take hours and hours (don't ask me how I know this) and will have you throwing objects at your monitor before you find them all. Mod managers remember each file and can uninstall any mod cleanly and automatically.

Running a mod setup manually means you must physically overwrite conflct-losing files with the conflict-winning files, which is generally an unrecoverable faux-pas if you suddenly have an "awshit" moment. With Vortex and MO2, nothing gets overwritten- they resolve conflicts per your instructions by overriding conflict losers, a technique which allows you to change your mind and revert the override any time you want to, and if you uninstall the conflict winner, the previously-overridden file automatically becomes the active file. You simply can't do that with manual mod management.

And finally, whether you do it manually or with a mod manager, uninstalling mods and then continuing to play on a savegame that was created with those mods installed is inherently risky (thanks, Todd.) Even worse, the issues created by uninstalling mods may not show up immediately, but instead lurk in your savegames for months until one day, months or even years after you had uninstalled the mods whose names you have long since forgotten, your 400-hour game will crash, or refuse to load any recent savegame, and it will not be possible to figure out why.

TL;, DR: If you uninstall mods, especially scripted or dll or SKSE-dependent mods, just start a new game, and use Vortex to manage your new game's mods.

<stand by for the obligatory rant by someone who manages a 500-plugin load order manually and contradicts everything I said above>

Expand  

thanks yes i started to remove all traces from sexlab light and removed all mods who where working with sexlab light and installed the new version the only problem i have so far is that when animation triggers it looks like pc is locked up but it will eventually trigger the animation but this only happens when pc is involved if an npc vs npc trigger it plays correctly.

Any idea what could cause the lockup when player character is involved ?

No idea, except to say in a general way that it could be some issue with your PC's body since SL exposes it and it's not normally used when you are wearing clothes, which use whatever body is included in the clothes/armor.

So recently my game has messed up slightly. After my character has sex with someone, I can't pull out my weapons, or use my shout/Z button ability. I also can't change what I have equipped to my hands. I can temporarily fix this by saving, and then reloading the save I just made. However the problem comes back as soon as my character has sex again. I've tried running fnis again, just incase, but that didn't solve anything.

10 hours ago, jpsjason said:

So recently my game has messed up slightly. After my character has sex with someone, I can't pull out my weapons, or use my shout/Z button ability. I also can't change what I have equipped to my hands. I can temporarily fix this by saving, and then reloading the save I just made. However the problem comes back as soon as my character has sex again. I've tried running fnis again, just incase, but that didn't solve anything.

This can be caused by using console command TFC and failing to cancel it before the end of the scene. There are two ways to avoid the problem:

• Use SL's built-in freecam instead of TFC- SL will automatically cancel it at the end of the scene.
  • Keep using TFC (and enjoy full camera controls) but remember to always cancel it before the end of the scene

Be aware that SL's freecam function does not include Pedestal Up/Down (vertical camera movement) - if this is important to you (as it is to me!) then your only option is to use TFC and cancel it before the scene ends. This really sucks if you want to vidcap the ending orgasm from a freecam POV.

EDIT to add: I suddenly recall that someone posted the name of a freecam mod a couple of months ago that somehow improves this situation- it was a short post, just said "I just use <NameOfMod> and done" or terse verbiage to that effect. Sadly, I can't remember where I saw the post, or the name of the FreeCam mod, and my searches on the SSE Nexus turned up 2 or 3 "freecam mods" that are so old they say that their solution is the best that can be done until SSE gets SKSE. :classic_ohmy: Sorry.

16 minutes ago, Vyxenne said:

EDIT to add: I suddenly recall that someone posted the name of a freecam mod a couple of months ago that somehow improves this situation- it was a short post, just said "I just use <NameOfMod> and done" or terse verbiage to that effect. Sadly, I can't remember where I saw the post, or the name of the FreeCam mod, and my searches on the SSE Nexus turned up 2 or 3 "freecam mods" that are so old they say that their solution is the best that can be done until SSE gets SKSE. :classic_ohmy: Sorry.

The mod in question is Free Fly Cam, and it's available on ENB's forums.

1 hour ago, DaishoChikara said:

I am trying to toggle off certain animations, and every time I do, they end up toggled back on the next time I start the game. I make sure to save and load from that save after making changes to the settings, but it doesn't seem to help. What am I missing?

Removing a SL animation from the available lineup is a 2-step process:

1. Untick the animation on the Toggle Animations MCM- be sure to cover all 3 categories (see VIEW popup in image):20210404145305_1.jpg
  2. Click "Suppress Disabled Animations" on the Rebuild & Clean MCM:20210404145220_1.jpg
11 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

This can be caused by using console command TFC and failing to cancel it before the end of the scene. There are two ways to avoid the problem:

• Use SL's built-in freecam instead of TFC- SL will automatically cancel it at the end of the scene.
  • Keep using TFC (and enjoy full camera controls) but remember to always cancel it before the end of the scene

And is there anything else that would cause this? Because, I am well aware that TFC and sexlab don't play nice together, and don't use it during sex scenes. I've noticed that if I have my weapon/spell unsheathed right before the sex scene starts, then after the scene ends, I can unsheathe my weapon, but then a second later, my character will auto sheathe her weapon again, and then I will have to save and reload to fix the problem.

Hi folks, I've got kind of an odd question for you. Is there a way to tag an animation so that it doesn't strip the character at all? For example, a kissing animation. Likewise, is there any way to put conditions on whether or not the animation strips the character? I'm guessing that the second example is outside the current capabilities of Sexlab, but I wanted to reach out about both. 

Edit: to clarify what I mean about conditions, I'm thinking like the ability to suppress stripping for masturbation or fellatio when not in a "safe" interior location like a house or an inn.

17 minutes ago, gregaaz said:

Hi folks, I've got kind of an odd question for you. Is there a way to tag an animation so that it doesn't strip the character at all? For example, a kissing animation. Likewise, is there any way to put conditions on whether or not the animation strips the character? I'm guessing that the second example is outside the current capabilities of Sexlab, but I wanted to reach out about both. 

Edit: to clarify what I mean about conditions, I'm thinking like the ability to suppress stripping for masturbation or fellatio when not in a "safe" interior location like a house or an inn.

"LimitedStrip" Tag but force the LeadIn strip options so you will have to disable the slot 32 (body) on the LeadIn strip slots. Of course if you have the LeadIn scenes enabled this will be a problem because the actors going to be dressed on all the LeadIn scenes

32 minutes ago, osmelmc said:

"LimitedStrip" Tag but force the LeadIn strip options so you will have to disable the slot 32 (body) on the LeadIn strip slots. Of course if you have the LeadIn scenes enabled this will be a problem because the actors going to be dressed on all the LeadIn scenes

Interesting. I'll fiddle with it and see if I can get the results I wanted. 

18 hours ago, jpsjason said:
On 4/4/2021 at 2:32 PM, Vyxenne said:

And is there anything else that would cause this? Because, I am well aware that TFC and sexlab don't play nice together

No, idk of any other cause, although I'm sure there are as many causes as there are individual player mod combinations. If it's any consolation, the issue is not confined to SexLab scenes- it occurs with Flower Girls scenes and Dance-for-Me/Dance-for-You scenes as well. I believe it occurs in any situation where the PC is cloned to an alias in order for a mod to present a scripted set of animations.

And I wouldn't say SL and TFC "don't play nice together." They play just fine together with one small player-procedural requirement in return for one huge functional advantage compared with SL's built-in "free cam" function. I prefer to use TFC in case a vid-cap "frameable moment" :classic_biggrin: occurs during the scene, at which point I want to have ALL of my camera controls available, something that the built-in free camera function in SL does not provide for some odd reason. Maybe @osmelmccould take a look at it and figure out why the SL free-cam function removes the Pedestal up/down function from the game's default UFO-Cam control set, or alternatively, make SL optionally detect when UFO Cam (TFC) is in effect and cancel it just before the end of the scene to avoid loss of player control.

9 hours ago, gregaaz said:

There is no per-animation or even per-scene stripping toggle in SL. As you no doubt know, you can control default per-Biped-slot AND per-Animation-type stripping on the Timers & Stripping MCM, and per-item overrides of those defaults on the Strip Item Editor MCM.

A nice enhancement on the Dev version I'm playing (thank you, @osmelmc) is a "Sometimes Remove" per-item option (complete with a user-settable % probability of it being stripped :classic_tongue: ) on the Strip Item Editor MCM.

20210405213841_1.jpg

It does add a bit of spice to a scene, not knowing whether I'm going to take off my top or miniskirt or just let him do me under the skirt! :classic_biggrin: Apparently, Harbinger Kodsak was in a hurry so he took off my top but left the skirt once he saw that I had thoughtfully neglected to wear any panties for my meating with him. :classic_angel:

20210404184658_1.jpg

1 hour ago, Vyxenne said:

There is no per-animation or even per-scene stripping toggle in SL. As you no doubt know, you can control default per-Biped-slot AND per-Animation-type stripping on the Timers & Stripping MCM, and per-item overrides of those defaults on the Strip Item Editor MCM.

A nice enhancement on the Dev version I'm playing (thank you, @osmelmc) is a "Sometimes Remove" per-item option (complete with a user-settable %chance of it being stripped :classic_tongue: ) on the Strip Item Editor MCM.

It does add a bit of spice to a scene, not knowing whether I'm going to take off my top or miniskirt or just let him do me under the skirt! :classic_biggrin: Apparently, Harbinger Kodsak was in a hurry so he took off my top but left the skirt once he saw that I had thoughtfully neglected to wear any panties for my meating with him. :classic_angel:

Thank you for the additional information - that feature from the dev branch looks very interesting!

11 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

Maybe @osmelmccould take a look at it and figure out why the SL free-cam function removes the Pedestal up/down function from the game's default UFO-Cam control set, or alternatively, make SL optionally detect when UFO Cam (TFC) is in effect and cancel it just before the end of the scene to avoid loss of player control.

I'm not sure about those Mods but most of the issues with the SexLab Free Camera are related with Mods trying to change the camera state without check first if the Camera is in Free Mode. The right order is first disable the Free Camera and then change the camera state but almost none Mod check the free Camera before change the camera.

The only way I know to fix that is add the condition for Free Camera on the Mods that try to change the camera.

I have a fix for something like that but don't remember the Mod because is not one of those I use, so I have to check. Also I don't have UFO.

E3PC fix.7z

I get ? on

FINS for user behaviors generated

FINS sexlab framework idles

Fins sexlab creature idles.

How do I fix this?

When I use the sexlab debug (target) the target just stucks inside the body of the player character doing nothing.
The sounds play tough.

20210406144320_1.jpg

On 1/12/2018 at 7:23 PM, Ashal said:

Updated SexLabUtil.dll and PapyrusUtil.dll to the new version of SKSE  (2.0.17)

I recently updated my SKSE to version 2.0.19, and it did, in fact break the mod.  If I try to play as a male character, I get constant CTD's every 2 mins.   Will you have an update for this anytime soon? 

5 hours ago, dgraffixx said:

I recently updated my SKSE to version 2.0.19, and it did, in fact break the mod.  If I try to play as a male character, I get constant CTD's every 2 mins.   Will you have an update for this anytime soon? 

Most dll files made for SKSE 2.0.17 also work in 2.0.19, this is the case for Sexlab and PapyrusUtil. And crashes due to outdated dll happen at game launch (before you reach the main menu) not while you're playing. So your CTDs are caused by something else (I suggest you take a look at the other changes you made to your setup, and if you have Net Script Framework check it's crash logs for clues about potential causes for your crash). 

7 hours ago, dgraffixx said:

Since the problem is mostly with male characters I suppose is caused by SOS.

I know for sure that SOS include one small script for error treatment and without him the chance of CTD is really high on some PC. Also that script in theory can be affected by the SKSE version update so probably isn't working anymore.

Send me the Papyrus log file to know the true.

On 4/5/2021 at 11:10 PM, osmelmc said:

I'm not sure about those Mods but most of the issues with the SexLab Free Camera are related with Mods trying to change the camera state without check first if the Camera is in Free Mode. The right order is first disable the Free Camera and then change the camera state but almost none Mod check the free Camera before change the camera.

The only way I know to fix that is add the condition for Free Camera on the Mods that try to change the camera.

I have a fix for something like that but don't remember the Mod because is not one of those I use, so I have to check. Also I don't have UFO.

E3PC fix.7z 15.49 kB · 6 downloads

The SexLab (and Flower Girls) built-in free camera functions have never included Pedestal Up/Down, or at least if that functionality is "in there somewhere," I have not been able to find a control that invokes it- it's definitely not the same control that tfc uses.

It's not a mod "failure to check camera state" issue AFAIK- it's some difference between whatever method SL uses to invoke "free cam" and the method that console command TFC uses to invoke free cam- they are definitely not the same method.

On 4/5/2021 at 11:10 PM, osmelmc said:

Also I don't have UFO.

LOL! Bethesda's official name for the free-cam function is "UFO Cam." When I said "UFO" above, I was not referring to any mod- I was referring to the Bethesda Skyrim Console TFC command, which Bethesda lists as "Toggle UFO Cam" and/or the SUCSM command, which Bethesda lists as "Set UFO Cam Speed Mult."

UFO-Cam.png

On 4/6/2021 at 8:23 AM, Ragatokk said:

I get ? on FINS for user behaviors generated | FINS sexlab framework idles | Fins sexlab creature idles. | How do I fix this?

the target just stucks inside the body of the player character doing nothing.

Assuming that "FINS" actually refers to FNIS, both of the above symptoms indicate incorrect installation of FNIS.

When I use the sexlab debug (target)

As has been posted several hundred times in this thread by @Ashal and many others, you should not use the SexLab Debug controls to initiate sex scenes. Install and use Matchmaker.

rtfm.png

RTFM.

The sounds play tough.

You might need a better sound card, speakers and/or headset. :classic_biggrin: :classic_tongue:

12 hours ago, dgraffixx said:

I recently updated my SKSE to version 2.0.19, and it did, in fact break the mod.

6 hours ago, Just Don't said:

Most dll files made for SKSE 2.0.17 also work in 2.0.19

SKSE64 2.0.19 also broke my game.

I think that some mod authors simply didn't bother updating their mods to 2.0.19 compatibility after the SKSE64 2.0.18 "oopsie."

I was able to fix my issue by reverting to 2.0.17.