SexLab SE - Sex Animation Framework v1.66b - 01/18/2024

Does anyone know of a way to force it to only use straight animations during a straight event? Lesbian animations in particular look really weird when a male character is involved, and I'd rather not have to disable them outright. The filter option just makes it so you don't get straight anims during gay/lesbo events, and I've had no luck figuring it out thus far.

1 hour ago, Absynnian said:

Does anyone know of a way to force it to only use straight animations during a straight event? Lesbian animations in particular look really weird when a male character is involved, and I'd rather not have to disable them outright. The filter option just makes it so you don't get straight anims during gay/lesbo events, and I've had no luck figuring it out thus far.

First the Mod calling for the sex event should Filter that by his own.

Second the Gay/Lesbian Animations can't have the mixed gender tag (FM,MF, FFM, FMM,...) So you better install the "SLATE" Mod to correct the Tags.

Finally you can use the "SexLab Utility Plus" and Enable the Gender tag filter. Or try the SexLab Framework GitHub version that also have the same filter but is just for SE.

5 hours ago, osmelmc said:

Or try the SexLab Framework GitHub version

Since this alleged version doesn't seem to be linked anywhere in this thread, is not listed in the SE Compat listings, and searching Github for "Sexlab" brings up 32 hits, none of which appears to be SexLab Framework, can you please advise how/where to get the GitHub version of SexLab Framework for SSE?

1 hour ago, Vyxenne said:

Since this alleged version doesn't seem to be linked anywhere in this thread, is not listed in the SE Compat listings, and searching Github for "Sexlab" brings up 32 hits, none of which appears to be SexLab Framework, can you please advise how/where to get the GitHub version of SexLab Framework for SSE?

Is somewhere on this topic at less on one Ashal comment but for some reason the search is not showing it. 

Anyway this is the link: https://github.com/eeveelo/SexLab

the last version if from 17 days ago.

17 hours ago, osmelmc said:

Is somewhere on this topic at less on one Ashal comment but for some reason the search is not showing it. 

The Github site is - interesting.

There are no defined packages or releases, and the Readme identifies the source as Version 1.61b, released 2015/01/07.

Anyone using this will have to package it as their own mod.

There is also no way to tell what the differences are between this and Sexlab 1.63 Beta 8.

18 minutes ago, fred200 said:

Keep in mind that it's a dev build and not meant for regular users. When it's ready for general release we'll no doubt hear about it in this thread.

That said: Top right, click on Code and Download ZIP. That ZIP can be installed using MO2/Vortex. It will have some extraneous files in it but nothing that would interfere with the game.

35 minutes ago, Sailing Rebel said:

Keep in mind that it's a dev build and not meant for regular users. When it's ready for general release we'll no doubt hear about it in this thread.

That said: Top right, click on Code and Download ZIP. That ZIP can be installed using MO2/Vortex. It will have some extraneous files in it but nothing that would interfere with the game.

I would worry more about the extraneous directory levels in the zip. I would at least strip those out.

16 minutes ago, tasairis said:

That's right, GitHub does not package its .zip downloads for use with Skyrim mod managers.

Well. Well. I tried the download zip with Vortex. It did a really nice job of stripping out the extra directories.

No idea about MO 2, but I am happy with this result. No need to repackage.

29 minutes ago, fred200 said:

The Github site is - interesting.

There are no defined packages or releases, and the Readme identifies the source as Version 1.61b, released 2015/01/07.

There is also no way to tell what the differences are between this and Sexlab 1.63 Beta 8.

I don't notice the lack of release on the GitHub version but don't really matter.

I not sure about the cell phone explorer but in the PC explorer the GitHub page have a bottom to download the Code Repository compressed and is basically the same as the release.

About the difference between versions since there is no release also the changes are not resume but basically is all the things asked on this topic and few others. There is a history log with the changes but are too many and is bit confusing.

3 hours ago, fred200 said:

Well. Well. I tried the download zip with Vortex. It did a really nice job of stripping out the extra directories.

MO2 I don't think will automatically see the subdirectory, but it will at least pop up a little dialog that says "I don't know what to do, here are the files, help me", then you can say "this over here is the root of the mod files" and it will say "okay, yeah, I see stuff inside there that I recognize, I got it from here" and install correctly.

37 minutes ago, tasairis said:

MO2 I don't think will automatically see the subdirectory, but it will at least pop up a little dialog that says "I don't know what to do, here are the files, help me", then you can say "this over here is the root of the mod files" and it will say "okay, yeah, I see stuff inside there that I recognize, I got it from here" and install correctly.

Didn't even notice there was a subdir. MO2 installed it properly without a peep. My guess is that it just dug in automatically until it found a plugin and assumed that was the Data folder.

On 2/4/2021 at 8:37 PM, osmelmc said:

Thank you. Got it.

6 hours ago, Sailing Rebel said:

Top right, click on Code and Download ZIP. That ZIP can be installed using MO2/Vortex. It will have some extraneous files in it but nothing that would interfere with the game.

This was helpful, thanks.

5 hours ago, fred200 said:

Vortex "just did it" for me, too.

2 minutes ago, Newbie1999 said:

Is FNIS a requirement for Sexlab to function?

Yes.

3 minutes ago, Newbie1999 said:

Also is Sexlab still supported? The last update was in 2019. It doesn't look like a it's being worked on.

It works in the latest game version and it's regularly edited in its github site, so also yes.

3 hours ago, kolo88 said:

hi there,

is there a way to cast a pair of actor using sexlab ? ie : follower + npc(or other follower) / without involving PC.

(SE)

Thanks,

Plenty of ways. You need mods to start SL animations (sexlab itself does not provide any means to start animations intended for regular usage, only for test/debug stuff).

For example if you were to install Matchmaker (the original version for Skyrim LE works fine) you'll get two spells, one of them is for NPCs. Cast it in two NPCs and they'll get into action.

1 hour ago, pito101 said:

my game dropped to 10 fps after i installed this. any ideas why?

SL Framework by itself? Unlikely to be related. Beyond the installation process the framework does nothing without other supported mods. Take a look at these other mods, try removing them and see if things improve.

If you have HDT-SMP and collision-enabled meshes installed then the SL animations can absolutely tank framerate in busy locations. SMP is in kind of rocky place right now, performance and stability is less than ideal. Using smp reset in the console then waiting a few seconds before closing it can get things back temporarily.