SexLab SE - Sex Animation Framework v1.66b - 01/18/2024

18 hours ago, Sailing Rebel said:

Might be best to post a fresh pap log along with the mod list and load order (https://modwat.ch/).

However, I still suspect that this is another mod messing with the player control functions during the animation which is the only time I've encountered the described behaviour. It could be an SL mod or something entirely unrelated.

Ultimately this might require systematic removal of mods with testing in coc games to determine which are contributing to the issue.

Ah good, well maybe you can help me then.. As i mentioned previously I already discovered that it only triggers with Defeat style mods. What i am trying to do is fix it, if possible. You mentioned you ran across this issue in your aroused Creatures mod.. Any chance you can share what in the script caused it and how you fixed it? (Also, since this is seemingly confirmed to have nothing to do with the framework itself now, what would be a proper place to continue this topic discussion? - so I dont clutter this thread anymore)

11 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

This post totally ignores everything Ashal has posted here lately and is a textbook example of passive-aggressive whining because in your expert opinion, which of course is all about YOU, he's taking too long.

very nice. i asked a simple question, and made a simple comment. there was no malicious intent, nor was i pretending to be an "expert" at all.

unlike your post, which was clearly not even close to being on the mark, i mean seriously, where the fuck do you see me "whining" ? or even that my comments was all "about me" ? because if that's your definition of either of your comments, go back to school...

if this is the kind of stupid-ass comment that will be posted when someone makes a legit suggestion, or asks a simple question, then why bother wasting time at all posting.

7 hours ago, FFXV_Noctis said:

Ah good, well maybe you can help me then.. As i mentioned previously I already discovered that it only triggers with Defeat style mods. What i am trying to do is fix it, if possible. You mentioned you ran across this issue in your aroused Creatures mod.. Any chance you can share what in the script caused it and how you fixed it? (Also, since this is seemingly confirmed to have nothing to do with the framework itself now, what would be a proper place to continue this topic discussion? - so I dont clutter this thread anymore)

I fixed it by not using DisablePlayerControls(). The issue I encountered was that disabling player movement in a SexLab mod event could lead to the progress of the scene halting until the console is opened and closed. It seems as though altering the controls while the scene is in progress, even if it is in the closing events after the actual animation has ended, is the trigger for this behaviour.

I'm making a guess that disabling controls at all during the animation, even if it has nothing to do with the animation or SL, may cause the same result. My solution to preventing PC movement in these situations was to use SetPlayerAIDriven() instead - this may not be appropriate for other mods. You'll find alternative methods for movement restriction mentioned on the DisablePlayerControls() wiki entry.

15 hours ago, Sailing Rebel said:

I fixed it by not using DisablePlayerControls(). The issue I encountered was that disabling player movement in a SexLab mod event could lead to the progress of the scene halting until the console is opened and closed. It seems as though altering the controls while the scene is in progress, even if it is in the closing events after the actual animation has ended, is the trigger for this behaviour.

I'm making a guess that disabling controls at all during the animation, even if it has nothing to do with the animation or SL, may cause the same result. My solution to preventing PC movement in these situations was to use SetPlayerAIDriven() instead - this may not be appropriate for other mods. You'll find alternative methods for movement restriction mentioned on the DisablePlayerControls() wiki entry.

Gotcha, And this may be the case for Defeat (the DefeatConfig.psc has this, although it doesnt seem possible to just edit the Defeat mod, seems it will require a complete rewrite since it has too many unrecognized variables) Although the Scent of Sex mod doesnt use this in any of its scripts that i could find. Thanks to your suggestion however i have discovered that sexlab itself uses this command to Lock the player in place during animations and im now confident that this IS a Sexlab framework issue. The command is used in its LockActor function found in both sslEffectDebug.psc and sslTroubleshoot.psc. So hopefully Ashal can elaborate on whether or not these two scripts are actively used in the Framework, or if they are just Debug scripts as the name implies

8 hours ago, FFXV_Noctis said:

So hopefully Ashal can elaborate on whether or not these two scripts are actively used in the Framework, or if they are just Debug scripts as the name implies

Clearly SLs use of this function is not the issue or the animations would not work at all.

Keep in mind that SL mods need to be compatible with SL, not so much the other way around. Also SL is able to handle 3p-5p animations just fine without stalling. For instance, Aroused Creatures is able to handle 3p+ animations and lock player movement between chained animations without any reported issues.

If an SL mod is causing this stalling then you will need to identify which one and take the issue to the mod author.

I'm not sure what the hell happened but I've got a slight problem. I realized my xpmsse was out of date, so i updated it, cbpc and hdt-smp. after updating those my save files weren't playing animations anymore, game would freeze in black screen with sound still playing. Started a new file and that fixed that issue, but now even though I have the gender set to male, it's automatically having females use a strap-on and assume male position 2 and both male and female characters set to male in female position 1. I didn't change any mods or load order and nothing I'm doing is working. Can someone please help me?

Also, it's only when using debug or simple sexing. If using Eager NPC, then it'll use male animations, and I haven't gotten far enough in Amorous Adventures to see how that's working now.

As a quick edit, defeat, eager npcs and amorous adventures are all working with automatically using male positions, but it's only switching to male positions in the sexlab animation registry AFTER I've used one of those three. Otherwise I'd have to go through each animation manually and toggle them into male position.

On 9/19/2020 at 10:30 AM, Sailing Rebel said:

Clearly SLs use of this function is not the issue or the animations would not work at all.

Keep in mind that SL mods need to be compatible with SL, not so much the other way around. Also SL is able to handle 3p-5p animations just fine without stalling. For instance, Aroused Creatures is able to handle 3p+ animations and lock player movement between chained animations without any reported issues.

If an SL mod is causing this stalling then you will need to identify which one and take the issue to the mod author.

As a fellow modder yourself.. you should realize just how finicky Skyrim LE/SE is.. Even the game Devs say not to use DisablePlayerControls() and the sslEffectDebug script uses this in its Lock Actor function. The very same function that appears in my Papyrus Log when my animations stick

1 hour ago, FFXV_Noctis said:

As a fellow modder yourself.. you should realize just how finicky Skyrim LE/SE is.. Even the game Devs say not to use DisablePlayerControls() and the sslEffectDebug script uses this in its Lock Actor function. The very same function that appears in my Papyrus Log when my animations stick

This is being caused by something peculiar to your setup. It will likely require systematic removal of mods to find the culprit. I would start with all SL mods and just leave Mass Matchmaker for testing purposes. If you are using MO2 then back up the mod list and load order first, and preferably use a duplicate profile if possible just to be safe.

On 9/21/2020 at 1:03 PM, Sailing Rebel said:

This is being caused by something peculiar to your setup. It will likely require systematic removal of mods to find the culprit. I would start with all SL mods and just leave Mass Matchmaker for testing purposes. If you are using MO2 then back up the mod list and load order first, and preferably use a duplicate profile if possible just to be safe.

I have technically already done this.. Except with Simple Sexing instead of Mass Matchmaker. The problem here is it doesnt occur each and every time which makes tracking down exactly what causes it rather difficult. Its not reliable but it happens 1 out of 10 times on average, But the framework also is slow to start animations which already tells me that there is an issue in the framework itself somewhere and that this issue im having may be related to fixing that as well.

8 hours ago, FFXV_Noctis said:

I have technically already done this.. Except with Simple Sexing instead of Mass Matchmaker. The problem here is it doesnt occur each and every time which makes tracking down exactly what causes it rather difficult. Its not reliable but it happens 1 out of 10 times on average, But the framework also is slow to start animations which already tells me that there is an issue in the framework itself somewhere and that this issue im having may be related to fixing that as well.

Yes, that kind of intermittent issue is particularly troublesome to pin down. You could try disabling papyrus logging in your ini and SLs debug mode (on be default in the beta) in Rebuild & Clean which might improve performance a little bit. Otherwise it's about setting up a fast-loading testing environment like saving a minimal LO game in qasmoke with a few spawned actors so you are just loading the save and hitting the button.

Another option is to edit and recompile the sslActorAlias script to remove DisablePlayerControls from LockActor and see how it goes. Of course, once you go that route you are on your own with any other issues you encounter.

2 hours ago, osmosis-wrench said:

Would somebody be willing to explain the correct way to use MiscUtil.ScanCellNPCs to me?
When I try to do this, it just returns None so I'm obviosuly doing it wrong.

Actor[] myActorArray = MiscUtil.ScanCellNPCs(PlayerRef, 2048.0)

Are you sure PlayerRef is set in that context?

This is speculation as I've never used it before, but based on the name and description in MiscUtil the search might be restricted to the actual cell the CenterOn reference is occupying. That would mean it won't search across cell boundaries. An actor standing a few feet away might not be found because they are technically in a different cell. This would be especially noticeable in exteriors.

1 hour ago, Sailing Rebel said:

Are you sure PlayerRef is set in that context?

This is speculation as I've never used it before, but based on the name and description in MiscUtil the search might be restricted to the actual cell the CenterOn reference is occupying. That would mean it won't search across cell boundaries. An actor standing a few feet away might not be found because they are technically in a different cell. This would be especially noticeable in exteriors.

I'm using:

Actor property PlayerRef auto

To set it as a property at the top of the script, because that's supposedly (?) faster than PlayerRef = Game.GetPlayer()

However I've only actually tested it outside now that I think about it, so I'm gonna try it out in a smaller space. Thanks for the advice :)

EDIT: Nope, doesn't seem to be it. Also both PlayerRef = Game.GetPlayer() and property method seem to set Player to be None for some reason.

10 hours ago, osmosis-wrench said:

To set it as a property at the top of the script, because that's supposedly (?) faster than PlayerRef = Game.GetPlayer()

However I've only actually tested it outside now that I think about it, so I'm gonna try it out in a smaller space. Thanks for the advice :)

Did you also fill that property on the script as it's attached to whatever form? Have to do that too, not just declare it.

But honestly, if you're not using the player for anything else, and if this doesn't need to happen very often, then Game.GetPlayer() is fine.

EDIT: Nope, doesn't seem to be it. Also both PlayerRef = Game.GetPlayer() and property method seem to set Player to be None for some reason.

Sailing Rebel is correct: ScanCellNPCs scans literally the cell the center reference is in. It's not a full scan for everything within a range, and it won't work well outdoors because exterior cells are pretty small compared to what you can do with interior cells.

FYI you should be able to see informational messages in PapyrusUtil's SKSE log.

If you need a regular scan then (a) use a cloak spell, best suited if you want something that centers on the player and is always active, or (b) fire a quest with some maximum number of condition-matched aliases, best suited for if you want something periodic. Both can handle actor conditions equally well, though the cloak spell approach gives more control and can let you do Papyrus work instead of just relying on condition functions - but in exchange for that it's more complicated to set up.

8 minutes ago, Sladen2019 said:

Yeah thats nice, but was looking for something that changes the view to that of the pc's partner.

Oh, a first-person view from their perspective.

That's going to be tough. If actors didn't move then it won't be hard to position the camera in the right place, but since they normally do, this process would probably require taking control of the target actor so the game knows to track their movements. There are a handful of mods out there that let you do that, so one of those in combination with a first-person perspective mod might do the trick.

14 hours ago, osmosis-wrench said:

That doesn't sound right. Are you certain that the PlayerRef property has been filled in CK? Besides that Game.GetPlayer() should always return something usable.

If the cell scan method is not going to do the job then I would recommend using a quest with auto-fill closest aliases instead. You would start the quest via script, collect any filled aliases, and then stop it again.

9 hours ago, Sladen2019 said:

Yeah thats nice, but was looking for something that changes the view to that of the pc's partner.

I had a mod in LE that let me do exactly that (change the POV to that of any nearby targetable NPC and watch my bad self stroll past :classic_biggrin: ) and I think it was a feature of IFPV... but it was years ago and I'm not 100% certain. Maybe someone else will remember which mod did it.

The point is that it was possible in Skyrim LE, so it might be possible in SSE. Or not. :classic_wacko:

4 hours ago, Sailing Rebel said:

That doesn't sound right. Are you certain that the PlayerRef property has been filled in CK? Besides that Game.GetPlayer() should always return something usable.

If the cell scan method is not going to do the job then I would recommend using a quest with auto-fill closest aliases instead. You would start the quest via script, collect any filled aliases, and then stop it again.

Tbh considering this doesn't work:

Sexlab.QuickStart(Game.Getplayer())

And fails with:

ERROR: Cannot call QuickStart() on a None object, aborting function call

I think something if fundementally broken with either my understanding of Papyrus or my install.

10 hours ago, tasairis said:

Did you also fill that property on the script as it's attached to whatever form? Have to do that too, not just declare it.

But honestly, if you're not using the player for anything else, and if this doesn't need to happen very often, then Game.GetPlayer() is fine.

Sailing Rebel is correct: ScanCellNPCs scans literally the cell the center reference is in. It's not a full scan for everything within a range, and it won't work well outdoors because exterior cells are pretty small compared to what you can do with interior cells.

FYI you should be able to see informational messages in PapyrusUtil's SKSE log.

If you need a regular scan then (a) use a cloak spell, best suited if you want something that centers on the player and is always active, or (b) fire a quest with some maximum number of condition-matched aliases, best suited for if you want something periodic. Both can handle actor conditions equally well, though the cloak spell approach gives more control and can let you do Papyrus work instead of just relying on condition functions - but in exchange for that it's more complicated to set up.

No I didn't, thanks for letting me know about that.

I'll look into the quest method I guess, as that seems to fit with my needs the most. And MiscUtil.ScanCellNPCs being broken in SE would explain why nothing is returned by my calling it.

Now I just need to work out what I've done that makes game.getplayer() return None and I'll be able to move forward ?

Thanks for the advice!

6 hours ago, osmosis-wrench said:

Tbh considering this doesn't work:

Sexlab.QuickStart(Game.Getplayer())

And fails with:

ERROR: Cannot call QuickStart() on a None object, aborting function call

Now I just need to work out what I've done that makes game.getplayer() return None and I'll be able to move forward ?

Thanks for the advice!

The game.getplayer() isn't none, the SexLab property is. The error is saying your trying to call QuickStart() on a none object, not with a none object.

You need to either fill the SexLab property on the script from the creationkit (just like you need to for playerref) or fill it in the script first by calling SexLab = SexLabUtil.GetAPI()