[mod] [Stellaris] Make Space Sexy Again

Just an update on what I've been working on thus far. Been trying to get an event called "The Spoils of War" to fire whenever a planet has been occupied. This... hasn't been working at all so I'm setting it aside for now.

I have been making progress on an event chain however! "The Sexy Rogue Scientist!" This is essentially just a copy of the vanilla event "The Rogue Scientist" with some sexual elements added, however I am now starting on an alternate branch of the event chain that will involve the scientist being captured by the natives instead of starting a cult.

Sounds cool. Scientists deserve some tough "love" for all the things they do to primitives :smiley:

On a second note, when planet gets tentacle modifier, does it have any events with them? Or they come from something else? Also I didn't get zoo event even once even though I finished 3 400-star games each being almost 200 years with multiple zoo buildings since release of first version.

I'm reworking both the zoo event and the events related to the planet tentacle modifier. Previously both were linked to on_colony_x_years_old and only had a percentage chance of activating. I'm going to change them to mean_time_to_happen to make them consistent. 

There are actually two events linked to the tentacle modifier (though you can only get one per planet). I won't spoil the surprise for you at this point.  

So after I finish the current Sexy Rogue Scientist event chain what would you guys be most interested in seeing me add next (in terms of event chains)?

1) An aggressive observation chain

2) The Primordial: an ancient tentacled being from beyond the shroud

3) Something linked to a custom starting system

4) Something related to planet modifiers

5) Insert your own idea.

I can't believe anyone would tear down the Xenos' businesses.

UnitedWeStand.png.62d8db80d033a593990141f750a97b0f.png

Letting them live at all is heresy!

Here's the code, do with it as you will.

Spoiler

option = {
    name = interstellar_exchange.2.d
    trigger = { this = {
            has_valid_civic = civic_fanatic_purifiers
            } }
            add_monthly_resource_mult = {
                resource = unity
                value = 3
                min = 5
                max = 600
            }
    }

As for what I'd like to see in the future, aside from full chains of events rather than one-offs, which it sounds like you're already working on, the Primordial *is* hard to say no to.

10 hours ago, LordLovecraft said:

I can't believe anyone would tear down the Xenos' businesses.

UnitedWeStand.png.62d8db80d033a593990141f750a97b0f.png

Letting them live at all is heresy!

Here's the code, do with it as you will.

Reveal hidden contents

option = {
    name = interstellar_exchange.2.d
    trigger = { this = {
            has_valid_civic = civic_fanatic_purifiers
            } }
            add_monthly_resource_mult = {
                resource = unity
                value = 3
                min = 5
                max = 600
            }
    }

As for what I'd like to see in the future, aside from full chains of events rather than one-offs, which it sounds like you're already working on, the Primordial *is* hard to say no to.

That is really cool and I will definitely be adding it to the event (though I might tweak the numbers a bit). Thanks for your contribution!

And thus far we have 2 votes for the Primordial and 1 for an aggressive observation chain.

4 hours ago, likesmaple said:

Notes on Interstellar exchange:

Can occur before sentient xeno have been met.

Occurs too often.

Depending on ethics can have just options to tax it or tax it a lot and tax it a lot is strictly superior.

Also, do you have the uncropped xeno terror picture?

1) I haven't figured out how to check for first contact. Yet. Its on my list of things to do.

2) Currently it is set up so every year one of three events will fire, with the Interstellar Exchange event being the most likely of the three. Initially I had planned to have more than three events... but yea. Maybe in the future? I've toyed with setting it so they will only fire once every five years or so instead.

3) That's intentional. There are a number of vanilla events where having a specific ethic results in an option that is simply better.

4) I have most of the uncropped versions of my event pictures, but that is one of the rare exceptions. I believe MK40 does though, so I'll check with him.

I have a feeling opinion is going to lean towards The Primordial.

I recall suggesting primitives events at some point. I think it was just variants to the existing +/- progress events though. Where either the scientists and primitives start "bonding," or something goes wrong and one side gets a little too friendly. Certainly room for variety based on the primitives' tech ages.

Planetary modifier events could be interesting too. Especially with variety potential with some of the modifier types.

A custom starting system would probably require some beforehand story planning though. Since I'm guessing it would be more along the lines of a themed storyline than just random events.

At this point in the mod I'm focusing less on things like anomalies and one-off events and more on event chains and things that you'll see (hopefully) multiple times in a playthrough.

An example of this is the events that have a chance of firing every year and the Xeno Zoo Breakout event that is linked to the xeno zoo (I'm still tweaking it).

But what I'm really shooting for at this point is things that'll have a longer narrative. The next update of this mod will include the "Sexy Rogue Scientists" event chain that can happen while doing passive observation of a primitive culture. This event chain has 2 different routes. One is basically a clone of the vanilla "Rogue Scientist" chain, except with some sexual content added. The other route involves having your rogue scientists (yes there is more than one) having been caught by the natives and sold into slavery.

MK40 and I also have discussed other events related to buildings. These I'll be working on alongside longer event chains. The main focus of my work, in the days to come, will be on longer event chains though.

I feel like the Robot Rapist and Unit Recreational Party events are triggering prohibitively often, forcing me to scoot the event over for a long time until I can finally gather enough influence to build a single frontier outpost, especially given that I've only researched the first tier of robot pops, and have no actual robot pops on my planet, and I'm not actively at war.

(My Empire is Xenophile, Pacifist and Spiritualist, so these events basically make influence generation completely impossible)

The robot rape also is triggered by a robot leader although it should™ be only triggered by a pop.

Was in a similar empire recently and got the robot rape event. The reason was the rouge drone I had given refuge in my empire as a new scientist. It seems the game treats leaders as special pop since the faction patch (1.4?).

The Robot Rape event is triggered by just having the robotic workers tech. The "in game lore" reason behind this being that criminal elements, once they have access to the tech, can just build their own robots even if society as a whole doesn't.

But it, and the Unit Recreational Party event, popping up so much it screws over certain types of empires is a huge problem. I'll look into scaling back some of the penalties of the robot rapist event. I was also planning to add in a few new country events alongside the Primordial chain, but I'll push those out first and dilute the annual event pool a bit. As of right now there's a 50% chance that you'll get either the Robot Rapists (20%) or Unit Recreational Party (30%) event each year as of now. I'll probably bump that down to 20%-30% in the next update. I'll shoot to get that out in the next day or so.

just a idea for Covert Infiltration events for Bio hive minds/other empires maybe with the the need to breed trait from the theman221's sexual gameplay mod.

Subversion events like the Genestealers from Warhammer 40K  breeding their pop into the primitive planet and them call the hive/empire to take over....