[mod] [Stellaris] Make Space Sexy Again

21 hours ago, TanookiTamaTachi said:

Pacifist: Offering sex as a "peaceful" solution?

I like this idea. Creatures or natives don’t like your colonists on their planet? Give them free use of your colonists in exchange for letting them be there. Would lower your pop’s happiness if xenophobic, but xenophiles would be quite happy with such an arrangement.

New version up with a few new anomalies. I meant to have a lot more added, but I literally spent all day yesterday figuring out how to nuke a planet via event and how to change the interstellar exchange event into an on_action one while preserving the ability to have options triggered by ethics. Both proved to be a lot harder to do than I initially thought.

Its my hope that I'll be able to average about 5 new events per week, though that'll be subject to change depending on the size and scope of those events.

Catering to xenos? Are you talking about the Interstellar Exchange event? I've switched it to trigger bi annually. In the future its my goal to have a group of events, which the interstellar exchange event will be a part of, that one of will be randomly selected to occur every year or every decade or something. As of right now the Interstellar Exchange is the only event in that group that I've made.

2 hours ago, darkspleen said:

Catering to xenos? Are you talking about the Interstellar Exchange event? I've switched it to trigger bi annually. In the future its my goal to have a group of events, which the interstellar exchange event will be a part of, that one of will be randomly selected to occur every year or every decade or something. As of right now the Interstellar Exchange is the only event in that group that I've made.

That makes sense, I am getting that one 10x more than any other one. 

It would be. I play with Real Space myself so I'd considered making it compatible for that. There's a very real chance that I'll make a comparability patch for Planetary Diversity and/or real space in the near future.

And you are totally right about the name of "The Cyber Shop".

@Raana

Do you know of where I can look up some of the lore for the spiritualists? I've been looking around and haven't really found anything of use.

I know I haven't commented on your ideas previously, but I really do like your idea of a default "publish vs keep secret" option. 

The zoo idea is golden. I will be adding such an event in the next update.

It's not really so much lore as it is stuff I've pieced together from in-game events.

Up until recently empires with Spiritualist ethos were the only ones that had any significant access to psionics. Even now anything psionics related causes a strong Spiritualist ethos draw in empires.

Then there's The Shroud event chain that triggers after psionic ascension perks are acquired. In those events it describes The Shroud as a dimensional realm that is the source of all psionic powers. Entities also live there ranging from curious, to benevolent to malicious, and if I understand things correctly that includes "The Worm" from the Horizon Signal event chain and Dimensional Horror leviathan. Since both are beings from another dimension and resemble monsters you'd see in the Cthulhu mythos.

So I figure that Spiritualists in the game, particularly psionic Spiritualists, are actually closely tied to the dimensional beings that most empires would probably find pretty horrific.

Could be understanding things wrong of course. Glad you liked some of the other ideas as well, and there was no way I could not single out the Zoo either.

I know the Unbidden have unique dialogue options with psionics that hint at The Shroud being "very close" to their dimension.

But yeah, I'm not 100% sure they're all from the same higher planes or not either. Just that all of those higher planar beings seem to have at least some connection to psychic energy, psions, and by extension Spiritualist ethos. Unbidden feed on it, The Shroud provides and empowers itself with it, The Worm speaks through your people throughout its event chain, and the Dimensional Horror has the same appearance as The Worm.

So basically I'm assuming Spiritualists have a stronger connection to these extra-dimensional beings and are therefore would be more likely to be accepting of any events involving them compared to other ethos.

Well version 0.12 is up. While I'm not making as much progress as I was initially hoping, I do feel that I'm proceeding at a fairly good rate.

There are two big things you can help me out with.

1) If you see an event and think "I could have written that better!" or "I would have written that with more detail." Please do! I know there are some better writers in the community than I and I would love to feature their work in this mod.

2) I am planning to have an event, or series of events, with a tentacled creature from a higher dimension. Any suggestions for names/titles for this creature would be highly appreciated.

2 hours ago, hamsman said:

This turned surprisingly intelligent for a sex modding community. 

"Puts on top hat and monocle while sippind tea" Why, monsieur, we are all intelligent beings "another sip" and enjoy good discuss. "straightens top hat"

Preliminary tests indicate that I will be able to make MASSA fully compatible with Realspace and Planetary Diversity without the use of a compatibility patch/addon.

In testing I've confirmed that I can add triggers in an anomaly category for a planet type only in one of those mods, not have the mod active, and still have the anomaly category function properly on other planets. This makes things way easier for me in the long run.

Also what are your guys' thoughts in regards to the Robot Rapists event, specifically the spiritualist option? Do you think its too harsh?

7 hours ago, darkspleen said:

Preliminary tests indicate that I will be able to make MASSA fully compatible with Realspace and Planetary Diversity without the use of a compatibility patch/addon.

In testing I've confirmed that I can add triggers in an anomaly category for a planet type only in one of those mods, not have the mod active, and still have the anomaly category function properly on other planets. This makes things way easier for me in the long run.

Yeah! That's what I was hoping for. I saw some mods having the compatibility integrated to their core mod, so I was pretty confident that

you'll be able to add Realspace and Planetary Diversity compatibility directly into your mod.

7 hours ago, darkspleen said:

Also what are your guys' thoughts in regards to the Robot Rapists event, specifically the spiritualist option? Do you think its too harsh?

The option for the spiritualist seems logical to me. Is it too harsh? Well if you're playing with spiritualist, what are you doing with robots in the first place? xD

On a side note, I was looking through the files, instead of using NOT and OR like this:

NOT = {
	OR = {
		has_ethic = ethic_spiritualist
		has_ethic = ethic_fanatic_spiritualist
	} 
}

You should use NOR:

NOR = {
	has_ethic = ethic_spiritualist
	has_ethic = ethic_fanatic_spiritualist
}

Take a look here: https://stellaris.paradoxwikis.com/Conditions