darkspleen

[mod] [Stellaris] Make Space Sexy Again

Merging is the plan for now. As for how long it will take, like most modders here I do this in my free time...also I'm just one girl so please be patient. I have a few people helping with ideas here and there, but coding is my "job" in the end lol.

Just wanted to let people know the update/development process is going well. I had to find a way for the all female/male traits (from SG) to actually do what they say and change pops to that gender as well...so that slowed things down a bit, but it works now. When it's a bit more developed I'll make a new topic for the new mod. When? Soon™ lol

2 hours ago, Lithia<3 said:

Just wanted to let people know the update/development process is going well. I had to find a way for the all female/male traits (from SG) to actually do what they say and change pops to that gender as well...so that slowed things down a bit, but it works now. When it's a bit more developed I'll make a new topic for the new mod. When? Soon™ lol

Soon™ never comes Soon™ enough.....

Glad to hear you are making good progress though.

small question, seeing how I haven't seen any comment from the original mod creators (at least that I know of) do you have their permission to even do this? Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that you're combining the mods, but I'd love to have at least some confirmation by the mod authors that this is all done with their knowledge.

@Lithia<3
wonderful news to hear! May I add a small feature request regarding the gender trait? Would it it possible to force the species with mono-gender traits to use appropriate portrait and character names? I tried to tackle this matter at one point only to learn the limit of my knowledge and skills. If this can be done I feel like it would also increase the compatibility with other custom species mods like EoS or Asari mod (though I guess there isn't technically a "male" Asari) 

A small suggestion. If you're going to make a new mod (merging two mods into one does in reality make it a new one, right?) how about you make a separate thread? So that people know that the original mod is dead and we should follow what you're doing.

I suppose you'll make a separate thread once you're finished, but if you make one right away, it's much easier to keep an eye on rather than have people constantly ask if this mod is dead. Idk, just a suggestion

Lithia, and anyone else for that matter, has my permission to release their own version of MASSA that may entail any and all changes they so desire, including (but not limited to) updating mechanics, adding events and new mechanics, etc. I've been meaning to update MASSA myself, but simply haven't had the time/energy to do so I'm glad someone else is willing to do so.

On 3/7/2019 at 12:32 AM, darkspleen said:

Lithia, and anyone else for that matter, has my permission to release their own version of MASSA that may entail any and all changes they so desire, including (but not limited to) updating mechanics, adding events and new mechanics, etc. I've been meaning to update MASSA myself, but simply haven't had the time/energy to do so I'm glad someone else is willing to do so.

As long as there's acknowledgement then it's ok :) Seeing how the project in question is a merger of multiple mods I wouldn't want some mod author to suddenly wake up and not be ok with it, thus having to delete a third of their work. 

But yeah a separate thread is a fantastic idea to keep everything organised 

Good to hear this will be updated soon. I know some folks have requested more male centric events, I'm not sure if that's something you interested in adding, but I had an idea of adding semen/cum as a strategic resource. It could be used to boost pop growth food production and genetic/societal research.  You could harvest it after researching tech or you could obtain the technology from an anomaly event,kind of like the slime. I thought of adding such an event to replace the mad scientist who kidnapped your women to make tentacles. Always found that one a touch disturbing. Anyway just some thoughts. 

I'm hopefully that Stellaris Sexual Gameplay and this will be updated soon, becase I've wanted to play a real game with the newest version of Stellaris for so long, but I tried and it was really boring without these mods. Wish you and Theman luck!

Can't say the idea of merging everything in one big mod is thrilling me. It will certainly lead to poor maintainability, feature bloat (do we really need hundreds of portraits, dozens of traits like 'big tits, -5% minerals +5 opinions'? Do you as dev have a manpower to add something to each of them beside token effort, or it will be 'you have to select this and this trait to get most of the content'/they do not matter everything is available to everyone, then why even bother with them, wasting time on meaningless stuff instead of actual things?) and will generally displace the original game. With paradox tendency to totally rework mechanics with every major update the renewal cycle will be lagging by one. MSSA was great cause it just added events and objects hooked to already existing features.

17 minutes ago, kingofgingers9992 said:

i tried to install it on my computer but the game keeps shutting down before I can get started any advice?

PS yes I installed it to documents/paradox/stellaris/mods but it still keeps happening

This mod is out of of date and will not work, it has been rolled into Lustful Void

yes im late but i have a question,

i wanted to try out this mod but ingame i get right at the start empty textboxes as a pop up and there infinite and pausing the game, making it impossible to play. 

is it because the mod is outdated or is it still playable and i messed something up?

thanks for any help

On 7/4/2020 at 4:25 PM, darkspleen said:

Its out of date and should be considered unplayable.

Lithia's Lustful Void is what you want. Its a combination of MASSA and a few other mods, plus a lot of features added by Lithia and is not only just a better mod but is also up to date.

Lustful Void

Ah, so that's why it wont work with LV right?

Ive been getting errors from the start when running the two together. Thanks